Deputies seek public’s help in HaLeigh case/update:woman contacts LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is rather far fetched, but stranger things have happened in this case. Perhaps the author of the letter is Misty, with the initials MCC written on the bottom, perhaps illegibly. She might have gone into hiding and had someone type the letter for her and this woman delivered it. She didn't want to deal with LE or her attorney so got her story out this way. Maybe LE lost track of her and don't know where she is, thus they need to talk to the woman to locate Misty.

Ah, elle, you are exactly right! Good catch! The letter writer addressed it specifically to the man who wrote this article about Ron in the Augustine Record on Aug 20th. This article was an interview of Ron and was generally sympathetic to him. So, this is the tie in.

It sounds like somebody read the article, has some additional information about the case, and has decided to supply this information as a tip. It probably is significant information. Hope it's what LE has been waiting for.

Misty's lawyer Robert Fields office is also in St Augustine.

Ah, elle, you are exactly right! Good catch! The letter writer addressed it specifically to the man who wrote this article about Ron in the Augustine Record on Aug 20th. This article was an interview of Ron and was generally sympathetic to him. So, this is the tie in.

It sounds like somebody read the article, has some additional information about the case, and has decided to supply this information as a tip. It probably is significant information. Hope it's what LE has been waiting for.

Don't forget that RC's attorney T Shoemaker has offices in St. Augustine as well. St Augustine has printed more than just the RC interview article on this case. In May there was this article...http://staugustine.com/stories/051609/news_051609_021.shtml

I think this is significant in more ways than one. Wonder if any of the lawyers wives work in the medical field. Or if any one that works in that office might have obtained private information.?? Just have to wait and see as more info comes out.

Misty's lawyer Robert Fields office is also in St Augustine.

wow....interesting. I did not know that Misty's lawyer had offices in St Augustine. Now we could wonder if someone at those offices obtained some private information??

wow....interesting. I did not know that Misty's lawyer had offices in St Augustine. Now we could wonder if someone at those offices obtained some private information??

Sorry,made a mistake. Misty's lawyer is in Palatka.

I bet she has already been identified by someone. With the scrubs and pin on type nametag...she will be easy to identify by those that work or go to school with her. I bet there will be a link to LC and school.

Given how well this person was caught on camera, I think that it won't take long to figure out who the person is. I applaud the paper for taking the letter to LE and not jumping the shark and just outright printing it like was done with the other letter, this week. (I'm just as curious as the rest of yall, as to what is in it, though... but I'd rather wait until LE has had their say on it.)

The person delivering the letter might have wanted it published because she brought it to a reporter.

If he won't, do you reckon she'll try again? Send it to Art, TJ, Cobra or somebody else who can't rsist the temptation to get a scoop?

Pieces of the puzzle are coming together... I find it interesting that this 'volatile' information comes while MC is in hiding.

When was the warrant issued for LC? Does that coincide with the day the letter was dropped off?

How much volatile information can be in one paragraph?

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Maybe this person just came across some info herself? No one knows yet. I hope we find out soon. But most of all, I hope it leads to an alive and well Haleigh!!!

I hope so! could it be a nurse or student nurse that has helped HaLeigh?

I find it interesting the newspaper took the letter to the police and obviously made the editorial decision not to publish it at this time.

Yes, it is interesting but in my experience as a reporter/editor, just where would you publish this letter - certainly not in the "Letters to the Editor."
Also, if this letter's contents deals with something directly connected to the case, rumor or not, it is potential evidence. Therefore, it should go directly to the cops.
I believe since the letter has no identification as to who wrote it, it would be difficult to authenticate and the paper's policy as to printing the truth would come into question.
Yes, the paper could write "about" the letter and the fact it was received but not print the contents until it is released by law enforcement.
Newspapers, believe it not, and I think you know this awakewriter, receive mysterious messages (notes, letter, phone calls) all the time. But until they are checked out and confirmed, they rarely make into print.
Just using my background to provide this post.

Well why the h3ll report anything at all if you're just going to report what we already know! aaaagggghhhh....I wanna know what's in the letter!
I know y'all share my pain here...lol

BTW I've done a myspace search for all white females, 30-50 more to love and a little extra checked in the advanced search within 20 miles of the zip code of 32080 which is St Augustine. I have a few prospects. A few have Haleigh family as friends.

Great thinking (as always, momtective)! Not using Myspace, I never thought of that. I'll see if I can help you out. Maybe Facebook, too.

I left you a message on the other thread but here goes

I thought about that the part I bolded. Maybe she did give a tip to the police and they never followed up. I know some person that gave a tip of hearing a loud car/truck and they never followed up with this person. So maybe they did give this tip and no follow up so she went to the newspaper with it! It must be something good if the LE wants to find her!

thank you, I forgot there was another thread and I found it. Maybe she did give the police a tip and they ignored it. Haleighs case is why I started posting again. I don't understand it. Misty is the last person to see Haleigh. If I read it and on another thread, even the cops think she's not not telling the truth.

I think -- she took it to the paper because she knew it would take longer for them to id her. Maybe she is in the process of meeting with an atty and figuring out her options, etc.

I have the feeling this woman is going to be indirectly connected to someone on MC's side of the family - maybe works with LC, maybe works where MC is/was - and probably overheard something. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back