*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My memory is not so good. So I can’t state them off hand.
But I bolded the years you stated, and they are rare.
I am sure if we go looking into the past 10 years we will find
far more then what you have stated.
:(

YES mentally ill, as well as evil people always did exist.

for a long time now.
:(

Those were just meant to be a FEW examples from history....there are FAR more.....here are just SOME of the ones from about a 15 year period in the late 70's through the early 90's. The true story is....there were frequent incidents then just as there have been in the last decade:

Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as George Hennard opened fire at a Luby's Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life. 20 others were wounded in the attack.

- June 18, 1990: James Edward Pough shoots people at random in a General Motors Acceptance Corp. office in Jacksonville, Fla., killing 10 and wounding four, before killing himself.

- Dec. 6, 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, bursts into Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique college, shooting at women he encounters, killing nine and then himself.

- Aug. 19, 1987: Michael Ryan, 27, kills 16 people in small market town of Hungerford, England, and then shoots himself dead after being cornered by police.

- Aug. 20, 1986: Pat Sherrill, 44, a postal worker who was about to be fired, shoots 14 people at a post office in Edmond, Okla. He then kills himself.

- July 18, 1984: James Oliver Huberty, an out-of-work security guard, kills 21 people in a McDonald's restaurant in San Ysidro, Calif. A police sharpshooter kills Huberty.

- July 12, 1976: Edward Charles Allaway, a custodian in the library of California State University, Fullerton, fatally shot seven fellow employees and wounded two others.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8743999

Quite a few highly intelligent people are a bit off socially. They are more interested in whatever it is they are studying than social interactions with football players. That normally doesn't mean they are going to go commit mass murders.

Yep, ex-hubby is one. A bit odd, but that is b/c his brain is always elsewhere. He also has a low tolerance for us "less bright" beings, lol. I call him an "intellectual nazi". He can be a pain, but he literally will not kill a fly. He'll spend days trying to figure out a good way to get it out of the house. Usually it dies first of natural fly death. He does some odd things, like wear his bathrobe to go buy cigarettes, but that is who he is. He thinks it is all good. Few friends b/c he is shy and intolerant at the same time.

Yes, I read one neighbor who stated he played the same Techno song over and over.

Assuming that is true that it occurred before that night, it may be that the music itself had nothing to do with the booby-trapped apartment. Could it be he knew he would be arrested and LE was right when they said it was rigged for them? One of the first things they would do is check his residence.

MOO

Perhaps part of the reason for the increase in mass killings is the media. If this happened in the 40's or 50's, chances are it would have gotten very little "play" outside the local area. As time has gone on, the media exposure has gotten wider and wider - until today when the perp's name and image gets splashed all over tv, the internet and the front pages for days if not weeks.

If one wants attention, it's far too easy to get these days.

Perhaps if we stopped giving these guys so much publicity, similar events would happen less often. IMHO, put the guy's name and face out there ONCE, so that possible witnesses can see and say "Wait, I know him!" - then stop showing his photo and refer to him only as "the perp" or "the shooter."

Interesting article on copycat crime I was just reading

http://hunteremkay.com/2012/04/c-is-for-copycat-effect/

Those were just meant to be a FEW examples from history....there are FAR more.....here are just SOME of the ones from about a 15 year period in the late 70's through the early 90's. The true story is....there were frequent incidents then just as there have been in the last decade:

Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as George Hennard opened fire at a Luby's Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life. 20 others were wounded in the attack.

- June 18, 1990: James Edward Pough shoots people at random in a General Motors Acceptance Corp. office in Jacksonville, Fla., killing 10 and wounding four, before killing himself.

- Dec. 6, 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, bursts into Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique college, shooting at women he encounters, killing nine and then himself.

- Aug. 19, 1987: Michael Ryan, 27, kills 16 people in small market town of Hungerford, England, and then shoots himself dead after being cornered by police.

- Aug. 20, 1986: Pat Sherrill, 44, a postal worker who was about to be fired, shoots 14 people at a post office in Edmond, Okla. He then kills himself.

- July 18, 1984: James Oliver Huberty, an out-of-work security guard, kills 21 people in a McDonald's restaurant in San Ysidro, Calif. A police sharpshooter kills Huberty.

- July 12, 1976: Edward Charles Allaway, a custodian in the library of California State University, Fullerton, fatally shot seven fellow employees and wounded two others.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8743999

Mass Murders have happened off and on for decades in our country.

Here is another example:

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–14 years of age [1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in U.S. history.

Signing "Cheers" doesn't seem that strange to me either. I sometimes sign off with "Smiles". . . am I too strange?

I don't know who these other people are. Did they even know what they were talking about? I presume downstairs neighbor knew what she was talking about since she lives in the building.

Jjenny, the person lived in the bldg, I read the article today, will try to find a link when I get home.

Jjenny, the person lived in the bldg, I read the article today, will try to find a link when I get home.

Here's one Shelby:

"For Miss Fonzi, there was a particularly chilling twist to last week's horrors. For at midnight on Friday, music started to blare from the apartment upstairs.

She and her boyfriend called the non-emergency police line to report the noise nuisance. But when there was no response, she went upstairs to rap on the door to ask for the music to be turned off.

"It was particularly strange as we had never heard a squeak from that apartment before," she said. "I knocked on the door, but there was no answer.

"Then I noticed that it was not properly shut and I almost opened it, but something made me stop at the last moment. I thank God I did."

For behind the door was the trip wire that was intended to blow up the apartment. Police now believe that Holmes had set the music on a timer in the hope of eliciting a complaint to police and luring officers totheir death."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-James-Holmes-the-making-of-a-sick-Joker.html

Yep, ex-hubby is one. A bit odd, but that is b/c his brain is always elsewhere. He also has a low tolerance for us "less bright" beings, lol. I call him an "intellectual nazi". He can be a pain, but he literally will not kill a fly. He'll spend days trying to figure out a good way to get it out of the house. Usually it dies first of natural fly death. He does some odd things, like wear his bathrobe to go buy cigarettes, but that is who he is. He thinks it is all good. Few friends b/c he is shy and intolerant at the same time.

I knew a guy who was very smart but exhibited some pretty bizarre behavior (think TV show Monk). Hasn't killed anyone either.

His neighbor who lived in the building claims that she never had a problem with loud music prior to the night in question.

That girl claims she never had a problem with loud music until the night in question.

Oops, I'll keep looking. It is either in a report, or we are just reading posts about it now, that there was music on occasion. Oh, I think it may be in one with the paper in the window and purple light quotes. BRB.

ETA: Here's one, but does not say who said it:

"Some nights, neighbors heard loud music throbbing in his third-floor apartment, and often complained about it, or noticed a strange purple light in the windows. Sometimes, the windows were masked by newspaper, as if he wanted no one to see inside."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/us/pain-and-puzzles-in-wake-of-deadly-colorado-attack.html

In California, if you call police and tell them that someone is threatening suicide, or is a danger to themselves or others, they will arrive, place the person on a 5150 hold (3-day inpatient stay) and will be transported by ambulance to a psych hospital.

Thank you...that is true...

But if someone just ranting about tape-recorders and answering machines telling them what they should do...

And teen-age son wondering why his Mom is throwing all their stuff outdoors...

Not so obvious what to tell 911 or police...

It's extraordinarily difficult to know what to do when you first see signs of a loved one "not acting quite right"...

Hmm.. I am just wondering what caused this-
"
Holmes had always excelled in his studies, but earlier this year, that once exemplary academic record took a dramatic downward spiral. Indeed, he was struggling so badly that last month he told the college that was going to drop out."

""He was a nice guy, who very much wanted to be liked and wanted," the young woman, who did not want to be named, told NBC News. "He was a very, very smart guy. I honestly cannot believe he could do this. I know, I know, everyone says that. But it is truly devastating to me.
"He did not have many friends for someone who wanted to be liked. And he loved all the villains in super-hero stuff, which I did point out as odd. Most people enjoy the hero."
"But he could not find a job after graduating, working at a McDonald's before returning to his studies in Colorado in May 2011. "I felt bad for him because he studied so hard," said Christine. "My brother said he looked kind of down; he seemed depressed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-James-Holmes-the-making-of-a-sick-Joker.html

Just wondering what happened...

BBM Thanks for finding the link. I thought I read that somewhere. I wonder if liking the villains is a hint at feeling powerless or something.

Mass Murders have happened off and on for decades in our country.

Here is another example:

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–14 years of age [1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in U.S. history.

Yes, that is the one that kind of started this discussion (post 579) regarding these incidents.....which by the way are NOT in any way limited to the USA. There have been frequent ones in Canada, England, Germany and France, etc plus the one from a year ago in Norway. In fact, three of the worst world wide incidents have occurred in Finland and Norway.....places most people would list as the LEAST crime riddled in the world.

It has been speculated that James Holmes is enamored with the antagonists of movies such as Batman. This, to me, along with the allegations of being shy and reserved, is an indicator of an anti-social personality disorder. However, that is no excuse, he obviously has an anger problem that is focused on society. There is no motive, just strong negative emotions as well as a twisted train of thought.

http://www.drtomoconnor.com/1060/1060lect04b.htm

Judge's order involving media in courtroom at hearing Monday.

Did anyone else hear the name of the attorney hired to represent the shooter?

I could swear I heard the attorney's name on the Judge Jenine Pirro show, but was unable to find it in print or hear it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member