*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess all i can say is i wish it was tougher to get a gun. Impossible to purchase an assault rifle. I have no doubt this guy would have found a means. And the others before him. Perhaps it would not be such a magnitude of Victims. I wish there were some concrete answers.

I do agree with that.
but often just buying another day, another week,,, they trip over themselvs and get caught...
Making it to easy is not good.

Exactly....I always think of the Bath School killings in the 1920's when people imply that these kinds of incidents are "new" and unprecedented. Then there were the University of Texas tower shootings in 1966 and the Michael Soles sniper shootings in Wichita in 1976 among a number of other incidents. The proliferation of cable news media in the last 30 years has just made these horrific incidents SEEM so much more frequent as they project them into our environment 24 hours a day for weeks on end following such acts.

jmo

Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My memory is not so good. So I can’t state them off hand.
But I bolded the years you stated, and they are rare.
I am sure if we go looking into the past 10 years we will find
far more then what you have stated. :(

YES mentally ill, as well as evil people always did exist.

for a long time now.
:(

Catching up, but I found this interesting.

EXCLUSIVE: Massacre suspect James Holmes' gun-range application drew red flag

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...cation-drew-red-flag-for-owner/#ixzz21Ne3Y0Rq

Good link thank you, So what was done NOTHING.

and when the owner of the shooting range heard the voice mail of HOLMS he felt something was vry strange.
What was done? NOTHING

I think those people in theat arena should be more mindful and do SOMETHING not nothing.

Because of what I do for a living I was trained to never let my emotions get in the way, I have to defend a case on the merits and not what my emotions dictate.

That said, in the interest of not being a hypocrite if someone I loved was killed in this way my politics and views might change.

It is easy to take a position on anything when it doesnt directly effect your life.

But extremes either of one side or the other are almost never the answer to any of life's problems and those who have been around the block a few times know those answers are almost always found somewhere in the middle.

Well if this guy wasn't a loner before he WILL be once he gets sentenced. He's probably going to ADX Florence Penitentiary He will be locked up in isolation 23 hours a day with minimal human contact for the rest of his life. Also, if he wasn't insane before he WILL be soon.

Good link thank you, So what was done NOTHING.

and when the owner of the shooting range heard the voice mail of HOLMS he felt something was vry strange.
What was done? NOTHING

I think those people in theat arena should be more mindful and do SOMETHING not nothing.

But what could be done? There's nothing illegal with having a weird answering machine message (with Batman references) or having Cheers as your email salutation. I actually laughed at the Cheers because I have a very normal friend who signs hers with that and she is not a mass murderer or even close.

If we locked up every person in the US for being weird, more people would be in than out.

Usually we hear if the School has had issues with a Student. Maybe we just dont have the information as of yet. Or perhaps he found his solution to life and no longer held an interest in school. He was busy with "other things"

He was voluntarily withdrawing and from what I gather, they had no issues with him.

Well if this guy wasn't a loner before he WILL be once he gets sentenced. He's probably going to ADX Florence Penitentiary He will be locked up in isolation 23 hours a day with minimal human contact for the rest of his life. Also, if he wasn't insane before he WILL be soon.

LOL Yes not quite the same as any "self imposed isolation is it"

Beyond a slippery slope...have absolutely ZERO clue how one would go about doing this....

Even in cases where people are brought to ER's by concerned friends/relatives when they have episodes of 'altered reality' (ER terminology apparently)...they are not 'diagnosed' in the ER, nor in followup, assuming you can get that individual to not 'check out'...and it is virtually impossible to get them into a psych center...voluntary, "forced", or whatever...

Cannot fathom a way that any reputable psychiatrist would give a go / no-go based on whatever ...questionaire, half-hour interview?
In California, if you call police and tell them that someone is threatening suicide, or is a danger to themselves or others, they will arrive, place the person on a 5150 hold (3-day inpatient stay) and will be transported by ambulance to a psych hospital.

But what could be done? There's nothing illegal with having a weird answering machine message (with Batman references) or having Cheers as your email salutation. I actually laughed at the Cheers because I have a very normal friend who signs hers with that and she is not a mass murderer or even close.

If we locked up every person in the US for being weird, more people would be in than out.

There is nothing that could be done because someone has a weird answering machine message. It's not illegal to have a batman related answering machine message. This guy actually appears to be a lot more normal than some of the others, where a lot of people suspected mental issues. And even then nothing was done.

Exactly....I always think of the Bath School killings in the 1920's when people imply that these kinds of incidents are "new" and unprecedented. Then there were the University of Texas tower shootings in 1966 and the Michael Soles sniper shootings in Wichita in 1976 among a number of other incidents. The proliferation of cable news media in the last 30 years has just made these horrific incidents SEEM so much more frequent as they project them into our environment 24 hours a day for weeks on end following such acts.

jmo

They are frequent. Just this month alone there was three mass shootings-Toronto, Alabama and this one (that I know of).

I have not heard of of any federal charges against him yet. If he goes to the ADX Florence Penitentiary, it likely would be from killing those two military personnels. That supermax is for terrorists, traitors, gangs, and really dangerous criminals.

That was my interpretation of her statement as well. If he hadn't had much contact with his parents recently, they probably had no clue what he was about to do.

MOO

I know! So true.

You know how when you're waking up in bed and facing the day how you want to think everything is going to be okay? - his mother must feel her life, as she knew it, is over. What about his poor sister!

It's sometimes hard to know what's going on with your grown kids especially if they aren't living at home. JMO, we seem to be a society of finger-pointers, not solving anything.

I have not heard of of any federal charges against him yet. If he goes to the ADX Florence Penitentiary, it likely would be from killing those two military personnels. That supermax is for terrorists, traitors, gangs, and really dangerous criminals.

I think he fits a couple of those criteria haha.

I wonder if the occasional loud music was an experiment to determine how long it would take for police to be called/to respond?

His downstairs neighbor claims that the first time loud music coming out from his apartment was on the night in question.

jmo

The Bath School Massacre was the deadliest one day mass murder in America for a long time prior to the 1990 Happyland Club Fire, Oklahoma City Bombing, and 9/11. Many mass murders in the past were family annihilators, which is the most common form of mass murder. The biggest family annihilator is Ronald Gene Simmons, who killed 14 of his own family in December of 1987.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper