*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31295646/detail.html

Authorities have been called to a suspicious package that was found at the University of Colorado Anschutz hospital campus.

Erica Matich said the package was found near the old Army hospital, now known as building 500.

Matich said there were no evacuations because the package was spotted early Monday morning before anyone had entered the building.

For any with actual experience or knowledge what is the procedure for sedating medications given while being held in a jail.. We're not talking a psych ward here so IMO such sedatives and meds would not be readily and easily given to a suspect being held In a county jail.. They don't just start giving Thorazine and such because they "think" he's Ill.. Am I wrong here??.. I just find it difficult to believe he's being given some high powered meds.. Say he was withdrawing from opiates, ie. the rumored vicodin(just speculating).. But I do know they don't give meds to ease the pain from withdrawing the inmate is just chit out of luck and left to deal..

So does someone know with certainty what exactly the procedure is with high powered sedative type meds being given this early in(he's only been in like 72 hrs)

TIA:)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

FWIW, those of you have been commenting on his hair looking like a wig, Greta VanSustern was in the courtroom. I heard her interview and she commented that it looked like it had been painted.

For any with actual experience or knowledge what is the procedure for sedating medications given while being held in a jail.. We're not talking a psych ward here so IMO such sedatives and meds would not be readily and easily given to a suspect being held In a county jail.. They don't just start giving Thorazine and such because they "think" he's Ill.. Am I wrong here??.. I just find it difficult to believe he's being given some high powered meds.. Say he was withdrawing from opiates, ie. the rumored vicodin(just speculating).. But I do know they don't give meds to ease the pain from withdrawing the inmate is just chit out of luck and left to deal..

So does someone know with certainty what exactly the procedure is with high powered sedative type meds being given this early in(he's only been in like 72 hrs)

TIA:)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

The only thing I can think of is if he had a prescription for medication and was not taking them. He may have asked for them, or his father or lawyer convinced him to take them. If that is the case, even starting a low dose may cause what we saw today as his body adjusts.

What long history? Why keep repeating that? The guy just finished college with flying colors and got into competitive PhD program which paid him a stipend. So, what long history could he possibly have?

The poster said the key word "if" in her post. Not that he had a long history, but "if."

And a link please to the fact that he received a stipend. You keep saying he didn't pay for school, I want a link please to prove that he didn't have to pay for his schooling.

I keep thinking that as bad as it was, it could have been much worse. All the ammo he had and the apartment being boobytraped.

The assault rifle with a hundred rounds jammed during the shootings. He had to switch to a pistol at that point. It could have been much worse.
His intention was to kill everybody in that theater.

If this crime had taken place in China, he would be tried, sentenced, and executed within a month. Here, the psychiatrists will analyze him for several years and he may be an old man when they finally give him the needle.

Mental illness does not mean stupid. He could be mentally ill and be a genius. He can be mentally ill and still be acting.

He is obviously 'mentally ill' as he shot 70 people in cold blood. So he has mental health issues for sure.

But the way he 'acted' in court, like he was confused, and had no idea what was going on---that seems like an act, imo.

I think his mental illness might be more of a sociopathic/psycopathic type thing, and less an impairment in which he did not know what he was doing. JMO

Suspicious package found at school where shooter attended. Students have evacuated. Per HLN
Can you give us link - to you all does this make you think someone else involved or just a late finding placed earlier?

Well, people may have not been evacuated, but they are still not being allowed in the building per comments on Reddit of people who work there. Apparently the package has been removed and there is a bomb robot there as a precaution.

Can I link to twitter accounts from people who work there? There are some pics.

Yes, the article says people aren't being allowed in.

FWIW, those of you have been commenting on his hair looking like a wig, Greta VanSustern was in the courtroom. I heard her interview and she commented that it looked like it had been painted.

See...to me, it looks like he used hydrogen peroxide to bleach it, turning it the lighter orange color, and then used a red dye/spray in color to get the darker red/pink color. ANd that it was starting to grow out from the original process.

His mother is reportedly a nurse. I don't think nurses are even allowed to prescribe meds.

If she is a nurse practitioner, she is most certainly allowed to prescribe meds, (Please notice the first word in the sentence, the key word, "if") TIA.

JMO, IMO, :moo:

The poster said the key word "if" in her post. Not that he had a long history, but "if."

And a link please to the fact that he received a stipend. You keep saying he didn't pay for school, I want a link please to prove that he didn't have to pay for his schooling.

The University of Riverside President, who spoke over the weekend, said that the suspect was an honor student who had attended school on ' several merit scholarships.'

Also, if he had years of mental health problems, then I doubt he would have been admitted to the graduate program at Colorado University.

Is that where he was

That is the school he attended, yes.

The Anschutz medical campus is on heightened alert after it was revealed that the man accused of killing 12 people in an Aurora movie theater attended the University of Colorado at Denver and was studying at the medical campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214