*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is obviously 'mentally ill' as he shot 70 people in cold blood. So he has mental health issues for sure.

But the way he 'acted' in court, like he was confused, and had no idea what was going on---that seems like an act, imo.

I think his mental illness might be more of a sociopathic/psycopathic type thing, and less an impairment in which he did not know what he was doing. JMO

This "act" took a lot of planning, a couple of months or longer depending on what source you read. There is no way that he did not know what he was doing, IMO.

Can you give us link - to you all does this make you think someone else involved or just a late finding placed earlier?

I heard the first report when they mentioned it on HLN during the court coverage.

Here is the info from the campus website:

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:43 AM
Rave Alert:

SUSPICIOUS PACKAGE. BLDG 500 LOCKED DOWN. OCCUPANTS WAIT IN RC2 LOBBY - FROM UPD AH 0642 HRS.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/faculty_staff/alert/Pages/Alerts.aspx

I do not believe it has been confirmed it was from JH. On Reddit someone comments that they were told by a security guard outside the building that it was from JH. Bldg 500 is the neuroscience building.

Link to Reddit timeline: http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/wziul/comprehensive_timeline_part_12_aurora_massacre/?sort=new

ITA. If showed looking like that for his interview to get into graduate school, does anyone think he'd be accepted? Do people think that they accept just anybody into graduate schools? He graduated university with flying colors, he got into competitive PhD program (taking a place of some other student could have used that grant money).
I read he did not get into the first program he applied for. Grad school real tough to be accepted ... you have to sit for GRE, get certain scores, wait, it is stressful, long process.

BUT grad school was awesome - it is not true / false a b c d -- invites critical thinking and as long as you could back up how you got to your conclusions all was well....................

He didn't look all that different from any student in a morning section after listening to me lecturing about Shakespeare for 45 minutes; i.e., very sleepy.

Tee hee....

Neighbor of mine is literature professor, and imagery is totally there, from story she told the other night...nothing at all to do with this case...

While the University of Colorado disclosed that it was cooperating with police in the case, that disclosure was one of the few the university has made three days after the massacre. It remained unclear whether Holmes' professors and other students at his 35-student Ph.D. program noticed anything unusual about his behavior.

His reasons for quitting the program in June, just a year into the five- to seven-year program, also remained a mystery.

University officials would not say if he passed, citing privacy concerns.

bbm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...o-james-holmes-aurora-shooting_n_1695001.html

Does anyone else think it's odd that his parents haven't hired a defense attorney for him (instead of the public defender)?

See...to me, it looks like he used hydrogen peroxide to bleach it, turning it the lighter orange color, and then used a red dye/spray in color to get the darker red/pink color. ANd that it was starting to grow out from the original process.

It really is hard telling what he did to change the color of his hair. Maybe now the police will say if it is painted or bleached/dyed. I think spraying his hair would be the fastest way for someone like him. His hair looks stiff to me. Maybe he has that kind of hair, but maybe that is why Greta thought it 'looked' painted. ikd

Just catching up, at work so no live feed here.

I don't know about Colorado, but in this state, he would not be given any medication. Even if he was spitting on people. He would just be watched. Not even an aspirin.

He will not get a bond. Too many dead and injured. That is standard.

His defense attorneys will eventually get all of his medical history, school history, and employment history for purposes of defending him and mitigation at sentencing. If nothing on his record, then only family and friends testimony will be used for mitigation.

If he is found incompetent at this time to stand trial, after he is evaluated, they will attempt "restore him to competency". That may happen if he suddenly realized what he has done and is freaking out about it. He may not be freaking, he may be fine and all will proceed in due time.

He would have to talk with Forensic Psychologists regardless if he acts crazy or not, simply b/c of what he did.

Thanks for the pics. He looks fine to me, just looks like he has not been sleeping much.

I take the Vicodin remark with a grain of salt. IMO, it's just rumor and even if he did take Vicodin it wouldn't cause this behavior.
My understanding (i agree tho it would not do anything like this!) but they (media) did this WHOLE imo bit of nonsense that because Ledger had Vic in his system JH was trying to "mimic" which I thought was just a bunch of silliness...............IMO IMO!

The poster said the key word "if" in her post. Not that he had a long history, but "if."

And a link please to the fact that he received a stipend. You keep saying he didn't pay for school, I want a link please to prove that he didn't have to pay for his schooling.
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!" brillant!

The assault rifle with a hundred rounds jammed during the shootings. He had to switch to a pistol at that point. It could have been much worse.
His intention was to kill everybody in that theater.

If this crime had taken place in China, he would be tried, sentenced, and executed within a month. Here, the psychiatrists will analyze him for several years and he may be an old man when they finally give him the needle.
ANyone know the capacity of theatre 9 would love to know if he picked the biggest house playing the movie?

Just catching up, at work so no live feed here.

I don't know about Colorado, but in this state, he would not be given any medication. Even if he was spitting on people. He would just be watched. Not even an aspirin.

He will not get a bond. Too many dead and injured. That is standard.

His defense attorneys will eventually get all of his medical history, school history, and employment history for purposes of defending him and mitigation at sentencing. If nothing on his record, then only family and friends testimony will be used for mitigation.

If he is found incompetent at this time to stand trial, after he is evaluated, they will attempt "restore him to competency". That may happen if he suddenly realized what he has done and is freaking out about it. He may not be freaking, he may be fine and all will proceed in due time.

He would have to talk with Forensic Psychologists regardless if he acts crazy or not, simply b/c of what he did.

Thanks for the pics. He looks fine to me, just looks like he has not been sleeping much.

I tend to believe if there were spitting concerns, he would be wearing a spit guard/face mask type apparatus during transport as well as in court. But I'm not sure

While the University of Colorado disclosed that it was cooperating with police in the case, that disclosure was one of the few the university has made three days after the massacre. It remained unclear whether Holmes' professors and other students at his 35-student Ph.D. program noticed anything unusual about his behavior.

His reasons for quitting the program in June, just a year into the five- to seven-year program, also remained a mystery.

University officials would not say if he passed, citing privacy concerns.

bbm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...o-james-holmes-aurora-shooting_n_1695001.html
IMO they are avoiding much cause of all the trouble Virginia Tech got into with cho....

Virginia Tech Fined $55K For Response To 2007 Mass Shootings

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../virginia-tech-fined-55k-f_n_842191.ht...

Mar 29, 2011 – RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Tech will have to pay the maximum $55000 fine for violating federal law by waiting too long to notify students during

Does anyone else think it's odd that his parents haven't hired a defense attorney for him (instead of the public defender)?

It's pointless to hire and pay a lawyer right now when all they need are multiple medical experts to claim he is legally insane. Am sure this is going to be their defense that even the prosecution is not calling it slam dunk. Yes there was preparations and planning and even staging to what he was doing on the court today , but i bet these are all part of his plan.

I wonder were he got the funds to buy the weapons and supplies to make traps at his apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust