*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meds are not hard to get dispersed in a jail when they have been previously prescribed.

Or even when there is obviously some kind of problem when a person is booked. Here, and I am sure it is pretty common everywhere, you have a medical visit within a few hours of being booked into the jail no matter if you are there for public intoxication or murder.

Holmes created a profile on AdultFriendFinder on July 5. Knowing what we know he was planning, there wasn't much time to strike up a meaningful relationship. I wonder if he had gotten involved in some wild sex if it would've swayed him away from his destructive plans.

I don't know how to discuss the article as I'm not sure we can post a link. From what I read - "One of the women told TMZ that Holmes wasn't aggressively seeking out sex, rather he was just looking to "maybe chat, but "nothing sexual."

All my postings are MOO. Mods, please delete if I posted something not allowed.

But there is plenty of time now. Thus, "would you visit me in prison" byline.

I agree with you, Nutkin.

Though it doesn't make me sick, I've never been able to take Dr. Drew all that seriously. I watched Lovelines on MTV when I was in college. Anytime I see him, I think of him co-hosting that show with Adam Corolla.

Now I know that he is a real doctor and all, but still.....

Addiction is his specialty. He needs to stick with that.

A person suffering from certain mental illnesses does not know right from wrong. Therefore, they are not making conscious decisions, and aren't responsible for their actions. When properly medicated, they are not a danger to society.

A pet peeve of mine is that certain medications can create further mental problems. The wrong medication can do more harm, especially when a GP prescribes it and then doesn't do any follow ups on a steady basis. It's wrong to just think certain meds will work for every case without the doctors thoroughly accessing the patient after prescribing. Hope you agree.

I understand. But we have been discussing the whys and hows since 1966 when some guy killed a bunch of people from a bell tower at a college campus. Have we gotten any closer to figuring out what "proactive measures" to take?

The Texas Tower shooter had a brian tumor that in all probability was responsible for the change in his behavior. We may find something similar when the Aurora shooter is examined.

I think a discussion of his behavior leading up to the massacre may be helpful. Was he acting suspiciously in the theater? Was there anything an astute observer could have noticed? Any logical red flags of any kind?

The Aurora shooter went from being a top student to dropping and generally withdrawing from life in a matter of months. This is an indication of a mental problem and perhaps a risk for suicide, but by itself it would not indicate he was a risk to others.

The sudden interest in weapons is more troubling. The purchase of large magazines and tactical body armor should have been a big red flag. But that happened over the Internet and after he had withdrawn from most human contact.

On the night of the shootings, he would not have looked out of place. No real warning up until the moment he walked back into the theater and started shooting.

Do we all know what we can do to increase our odds of surviving such a tragedy (always locate exits and always look at the people surrounding you to check for anything suspicious, in any crowded place).

It's always a good idea to know where the exits are. Once the gunfire starts, the best thing you can do is run away as fast as possible.

Barring that, I think I've come up with a solution but few are willing to try it: refuse, as a society to give these creeps the attention they so desperately desire (crazy or not). Refuse to reward them for what they have done with a nauseating repetition of their names and blow up photos of their faces.

I think that beats excusing such a "young man"s actions with a mental illness none if us can say he has. :moo:

The article How the media shouldn't cover a mass murder backs you up on this. The BBC video linked from that article has some great comments from a forensic psychologist.

And who is to say that this guys "schizophrenia" or "paranoid delusions" or whatever it is, has not been bought on by him taking some form of drugs..........there are the rumors about him on the prescription drug and I have known quite a lot of guys like this and I will bet my left leg he smoked copious amounts of marijuana. And as we know, and I know a couple personally, smoking lots of hooch can lead to schizophrenia, paranoid delusions in the population, especially young males.

I am betting this is close to being the truth here.........

A pet peeve of mine is that certain medications can create further mental problems. The wrong medication can do more harm, especially when a GP prescribes it and then doesn't do any follow ups on a steady basis. It's wrong to just think certain meds will work for every case without the doctors accessing the patient after prescribing. Hope you agree.

Yes, I've been on the bad end of some poor prescribing from psychiatrists. I really don't believe general practitioners should be prescribing psychiatric medication at all. There are medications that can kill you very quickly if they are not monitored very closely. (i.e. Lamictal)

A person suffering from certain mental illnesses does not know right from wrong. Therefore, they are not making conscious decisions, and aren't responsible for their actions. When properly medicated, they are not a danger to society.

They could very well be not a danger when they are properly medicated in a controlled setting. But who is going to make sure they are properly medicated if they are released?

And who is to say that this guys "schizophrenia" or "paranoid delusions" or whatever it is, has not been bought on by him taking some form of drugs..........there are the rumors about him on the prescription drug and I have known quite a lot of guys like this and I will bet my left leg he smoked copious amounts of marijuana. And as we know, and I know a couple personally, smoking lots of hooch can lead to schizophrenia, paranoid delusions in the population, especially young males.

I am betting this is close to being the truth here.........

Drugs don't cause mental illness. They can cause someone who is already mentally ill to be worse, but they do not cause schizophrenia and the like... Genetics are the culprit.

Speaking of his "apparent" fascination with match sites or whatever, do we even know or care if that was him or even legit? I mean I am not sure TMZ is the end all of up and up reporting,lol. Does not seem as if they are....of course any information that comes out about him is going to give a little more insight into his life....but as to what makes him tick maybe not so much. We may never know what triggered his reign of terror and even if he says who is to believe him?:banghead:

Yes I have and still do take medication. I didn't realize he was medicated in his court appearance. Earlier news reports could not confirm he was.

There is absolutely nothing confirmed about him supposedly being medicated.

They could very well be not a danger when they are properly medicated in a controlled setting. But who is going to make sure they are properly medicated if they are released?

People do home visits for severely mentally ill people or they live in half-way houses or even with family. And as far as saying they may not take their medication regularly -- many psychiatric medications are available as intra-muscular injections and last a week or more.

My law partner is a criminal defense attorney. As a result, I am well aware of what happens when people are booked. (We get the frantic collect calls and calls from parents all the time, plus I hear the complaints when I talk to them at arraignments, etc). Access to already prescribed medications is usually delayed for days, sometimes longer. Access to a psychiatrist who can diagnose and prescribe medications takes even longer, unless you are a celebrity.

IMO, no way in heck was this guy given any anti-psychotics or benzos this quickly. No way. He's tired from being up for days, is what I think.

By his own admission, Holmes has a "soul-piercing stare". This was reported on CNN or HLN late this afternoon when they revisited the arraignment earlier in the day. Holmes' distant, glassy-eyed gaze was similar to that in his mugshot, and the "lazy right eye" that was pointed out by WS member, PAXIMUS, was patently obvious, probably due to serious lack of sleep. :moo:

Speaking of his "apparent" fascination with match sites or whatever, do we even know or care if that was him or even legit? I mean I am not sure TMZ is the end all of up and up reporting,lol. Does not seem as if they are....of course any information that comes out about him is going to give a little more insight into his life....but as to what makes him tick maybe not so much. We may never know what triggered his reign of terror and even if he says who is to believe him?:banghead:

The photos are of him looking like he has been looking as of late does suggest that this was legit.

People do home visits for severely mentally ill people or they live in half-way houses or even with family. And as far as saying they may not take their medication regularly -- many psychiatric medications are available as intra-muscular injections and last a week or more.

None of this sounds good enough for me.

I know this sounds harsh....but quite frankly I dont care. They killed someone. I mean what about people who have killed people blind rotten drunk.....when sober they usually are not a danger to society either. Same with people who have killed someone while in a fit of anger. They too have lost it mentally you may say.

Sorry if it offends and it is purely my opinion, but they have killed someone and not just one, therefore they go to prison like everyone else has to.

What about the Death Penalty?

None of this sounds good enough for me.

Well, good thing you don't make laws. Truly mentally ill people are not responsible for their actions, just as a 3-year-old wouldn't be responsible for killing someone.

I think it was to happen at the apt. before. Everyone would be tied up allowing more kill time for him. Plan failed. Thankfully. He is a "Joker" and a "Gamer" Game on! "I am smarter than you so see if you can dismantle my brilliance" They did :woohoo: Just bouncing off your post and :moo:

makes sense.....they would be worried about there and not the theater. Good view point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo