*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the father on CNN. Says he won't say the cowards name... we don't remember victims only the villains. Here's to remembering the victims.

No matter how many times some people are going to claim it. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he has any sort of "established mental health" history. As there is nothing to suggest he is on any sort of prescribed meds.

His first photo spooked me.
I bet they were spooked too.

But rejection can feel like pain... and if you are hurting enough and you are off balance you try to hurt others too. BUT his apartment took months to rig up, so doing harm was in his plan.....Not the cause of rejection.
Disagree, implication would be that he had it like that for months and would live in there that long crawling around not blowing himself up.

IMO, he , on paper designed the stuff, and did it from (making times up ) but from 8-1130 that night he had to live there....................

The Texas Tower shooter had a brian tumor that in all probability was responsible for the change in his behavior. We may find something similar when the Aurora shooter is examined.

True, but that knowledge has done nothing to prevent another mass murder.

The Aurora shooter went from being a top student to dropping and generally withdrawing from life in a matter of months. This is an indication of a mental problem and perhaps a risk for suicide, but by itself it would not indicate he was a risk to others.

Possibly true, but again, that knowledge does nothing to help us prevent another mass murder, IMO.

The sudden interest in weapons is more troubling. The purchase of large magazines and tactical body armor should have been a big red flag. But that happened over the Internet and after he had withdrawn from most human contact.

On the night of the shootings, he would not have looked out of place. No real warning up until the moment he walked back into the theater and started shooting.

It's always a good idea to know where the exits are. Once the gunfire starts, the best thing you can do is run away as fast as possible.

The article How the media shouldn't cover a mass murder backs you up on this. The BBC video linked from that article has some great comments from a forensic psychologist.

My comments are in red. I agree with the rest of what you've said.

Well, good thing you don't make laws. Truly mentally ill people are not responsible for their actions, just as a 3-year-old wouldn't be responsible for killing someone.

This is untrue. Truly mentally ill people are found responsible every single day for their actions, in criminal courts.

The test for not guilty by reason of insanity indicates a level of mental illness much more significant than most "truly mentally ill" diagnoses.

Basically, the person committing the crime has to be so insane that they did not understand the nature of what they were doing (i.e. they think they are squeezing a lemon when they are actually strangling someone) or they do not understand that what they are doing is actually wrong. Most people with serious, mental illness, would never fall under that category. Which is why our prisons are filled to busting with mentally ill persons.

I personally don't care whether they are responsible for their actions or not. If they killed someone they should be locked up. As for them being perfectly fine once medicated-don't buy that either. Andrea Yates was on a buch of meds when she killed her kids. Obviously these meds weren't doing anything for her.

Well, yes, but her treatment was neither consistent nor adequate. Her husband kept taking her out of the psych wing and the insurance companies kept forcing her release too early.

But, the fact is, she has never really been normal since the murders. She's doing better now, ten years later, but she remains in a state psych hospital. So, I do agree. I kind of ascribe to the "dog gone bad" theory. Once it gets to the point that a person takes another person's life, it's too late to help them. They have a taste for killing and will always be a danger. But that is my unprofessional opinion.

fact the Father went to Colorado

that is huge (dad got there right away dad been confused about his son for years. IMO, mom gets it, source of intense conflict within the marriage.

IMO he was not faking today, this is a very disturbed young man, who dad the other day , convinced his son, to start his meds again.......

..........what he looked like today is what they look like (eyes) when they start their meds again ...............

Can you link to where the dad was convincing his son to take meds again? Or to anything that states he was ever diagnosed or ever prescribed any psych meds at any time?

Loving the father on CNN. Says he won't say the cowards name... we don't remember victims only the villains. Here's to remembering the victims.
The bio father was on CNN???????????????When link pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about the meds...he seems to fit a lot of the traits of one who suffers from Aspergers syndrome. Excelling in one area..lack of communication with the eyes..not fitting in...the list goes on.

http://www.aane.org/about_asperger_syndrome/asperger_fact_sheet.html

Here we go.

KNEW someone was going to bring up him possibly being autistic....sigh.....y'know, our kids don't need this kind of correlation, they really don't. They have enough challenges dealing with people that equate autism with mental retardation, or poor parenting, etc. To assume that the traits of asperger's leads to violence against the world....that is way too broad of a brush.
Maybe he has autism. Maybe he has schizophrenia. Maybe he has a weird facial tic and got laughed at too much and snapped. Who bloody knows?
Or maybe he just was EVIL. Maybe he saw himself as 'me against the world and I'm going to rid myself of what bothers me'. Regardless, let's hope the justice system does its job this time.
And in the meantime, I'm going to hug my kids, who ARE both on the spectrum, and try to teach them that being different is okay. And I will pray that the world wakes up and realizes that, before people profile them for how their brains are wired.
With that I'm leaving this thread and going to the victim's thread instead. And continuing to pray for the innocent lives that were destroyed by one incredibly evil individual. :moo::moo::moo:

Or even when there is obviously some kind of problem when a person is booked. Here, and I am sure it is pretty common everywhere, you have a medical visit within a few hours of being booked into the jail no matter if you are there for public intoxication or murder.

Most jails just have the new admissions see the nurse on duty and heéshe just does the vitals and a few questions. If the inmate requires immediate medical attentio they are taken to a hospital or they wait untl there is a doctor on duty.
If the inmate has been taking prescription meds then they would have to have the marked bottles with them or have somebody bring them in.
So I highly doubt any meds have been administered.

For this guy going from being a PhD student to being in maximum security, probably on suicide watch is going to be quite the interesting transition.

No matter how many times some people are going to claim it. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he has any sort of "established mental health" history. As there is nothing to suggest he is on any sort of prescribed meds.
We know nothing about his relationships with his parents, his sister, his internet stuff, reason out of school, $, friends, recent grades, job history.

What WE DO KNOW , is he thought he was the joker, and shot at 69 people -- that we know!
That is indicative , in and of itself , of mental illiness!

In fact in reality that is all we know factually .......he believed he was the joker, and shot at 69 people -- that we know!

Can I share? I have weird eyes due to Thyroid/Graves Disease. It's a fairly new development in my life. I worry people will make snap judgments that I must have mental issues just because my eyes look strange. I hate it that my beautiful eyes are now scary. Please, not all people with weird eyes have a mental condition.

My comments are in red. I agree with the rest of what you've said.

This is untrue. Truly mentally ill people are found responsible every single day for their actions, in criminal courts.

The test for not guilty by reason of insanity indicates a level of mental illness much more significant than most "truly mentally ill" diagnoses.

Basically, the person committing the crime has to be so insane that they did not understand the nature of what they were doing (i.e. they think they are squeezing a lemon when they are actually strangling someone) or they do not understand that what they are doing is actually wrong. Most people with serious, mental illness, would never fall under that category. Which is why our prisons are filled to busting with mentally ill persons.

Well, yes, but her treatment was neither consistent nor adequate. Her husband kept taking her out of the psych wing and the insurance companies kept forcing her release too early.

But, the fact is, she has never really been normal since the murders. She's doing better now, ten years later, but she remains in a state psych hospital. So, I do agree. I kind of ascribe to the "dog gone bad" theory. Once it gets to the point that a person takes another person's life, it's too late to help them. They have a taste for killing and will always be a danger. But that is my unprofessional opinion.

Can you link to where the dad was convincing his son to take meds again? Or to anything that states he was ever diagnosed or ever prescribed any psych meds at any time?
NOt yet !!! It shall all come out- we will find invol commiment, violence towards his family in the past, long history of being prescribed serious meds and not taking them , creeping people out (gun range guy just today/ neighbor last night/ professors will have to admit etc etc)

Here we go.

KNEW someone was going to bring up him possibly being autistic....sigh.....y'know, our kids don't need this kind of correlation, they really don't. They have enough challenges dealing with people that equate autism with mental retardation, or poor parenting, etc. To assume that the traits of asperger's leads to violence against the world....that is way too broad of a brush.
Maybe he has autism. Maybe he has schizophrenia. Maybe he has a weird facial tic and got laughed at too much and snapped. Who bloody knows?
Or maybe he just was EVIL. Maybe he saw himself as 'me against the world and I'm going to rid myself of what bothers me'. Regardless, let's hope the justice system does its job this time.
And in the meantime, I'm going to hug my kids, who ARE both on the spectrum, and try to teach them that being different is okay. And I will pray that the world wakes up and realizes that, before people profile them for how their brains are wired.
With that I'm leaving this thread and going to the victim's thread instead. And continuing to pray for the innocent lives that were destroyed by one incredibly evil individual. :moo::moo::moo:

He could be austic or could not be. It is no reflection on your kids either way.

Here we go.

People have been talking for days about possible brain tumors, bipolar disorder, depression, schizoaffective disorder, myasthenia gravis, etc. Do those of us with these conditions "need this kind of correlation"?

I want to start by disclaiming that I haven't followed this case as actively as I would have liked, as real life tends to intrude sometimes...
That being said, without seeing the video of his court appearance today, judging only by the photos I'm really surprised that noone has mentioned that the smirk has been wiped off his face!!! Both in his mug shots, and in today's court photos. Yes, he still has the enlarged "bug" eyes like actor Marty Feldman in the movie "Young Frankenstein", but I get the impression that he is depressed now because jail, questioning, and court appearances aren't as much fun as his fantasy, and that the reality of his future is hitting him now!:twocents:
I don't get the impression that it's drugs, mental illness, or sleep deprivation...

Here we go.

Whoa....you assumed a whole lot there...I was simply speculating about his mental state...like we all are...I never said any of what you are saying above...it seems perhaps I struck a personal nerve as you did state you were clearly waiting for someone to bring it up. I feel a little pounced upon. Lol

Can I share? I have weird eyes due to Thyroid/Graves Disease. It's a fairly new development in my life. I worry people will make snap judgments that I must have mental issues just because my eyes look strange. I hate it that my beautiful eyes are now scary. Please, not all people with weird eyes have a mental condition.
OK confess, what theatre did you go to and shoot 70 people and kill 12!
Sorry a little humor is ok yes

We have a picture -- odd family stuff, murder, beleiving your the joker,spitting on jail guards, odd voice mails, profound isolation, sex profiles asking if you will visit him in jail, nothing about sister, bomb making skills, no internet social stuff, graduate school performance deteriration, oddities today in court, mom stating "you found your man", at 18 big wish owning a slushie machine(?), guitar hero addiction, your with me....................

His mother already explained that she never claimed "you found your man."
Him wanting a "slushie machine" was obviously a joke. There is no evidence he was ever medicated, involuntarily committed, etc. This is way too much speculation with no basis whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214