Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Star for You! :goldstar:

I'm having delusions I'm a teacher.

You can die or spend the rest of your life in prison for robbing a liquor store too. How is that rational? Yet people do it day in and day out, and no one calls them insane.

The people who rob liquor stores don't plan on getting caught. There are real consequences if they get caught, but they have a plan for getting away. The Aurora shooter didn't seem to have an escape plan.

Ok I don't know if anyone has said this, but here is what gets me.... if I was in a movie theater and I saw a person go out an exit door and prop it open I would most likely shut the door myself or go tell someone , an usher, security or something like that what was happening.... we are all told to watch out for something that is not normal or should not happen..... IMO if someone goes out the exit door .... tough luck !!! they have to pay more money for a different ticket or something... they are out of luck!!!!

Thanks SpriteGal. Is it the usual first five rows or so of bad seats, small handicap row and aisle separating the two areas then the stadium incline of seats?

Appreciate your feedback.

Btw, are there any emergency exits at the top part of the stadium seats area or are the only exits at the start of the stadium seats and fire exits near the screen?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

There is an illustration upthread from one of the articles. There was only the one emergency exit.

This is going to age me. I remember back when the movie "Gold Finger" was out, this guy painted himself completely in gold paint to go to a dance.

Good Night :offtobed:

Also, I recall during Jamie Rohr's (father of 4 month old) interview with Piers Morgan, he said he debated "jumping" from the balcony, but was concerned it would break his child's neck. This, to me, says that the balcony is elevated.

In that link upthread (sorry, on my phone) I believe it shows where he and his family were sitting. It didn't appear to be a separate part.

Just going off what was in the illustration.

The people who rob liquor stores don't plan on getting caught. There are real consequences if they get caught, but they have a plan for getting away. The Aurora shooter didn't seem to have an escape plan.

He does have an 'escape' plan. I think his plan is to ' act crazy' so he will get sentenced to a hospital. Then eventually he can start acting normal, and may win back some of his freedoms.

He does have an 'escape' plan. I think his plan is to ' act crazy' so he will get sentenced to a hospital. Then eventually he can start acting normal, and may win back some of his freedoms.

A lot of bad horror movies use that as part of the plot. It gets the mad slasher out of the institution so he can carve up more teenagers. But it would be almost imposible to make it work in the real world.

Colorado isn't going to find this shooter insane then let him walk out of the institution in just a few years because he magically got better.

Also his sister was more outgoing in contrast to James. I have seen this family dynamic before with Seung-Hui Cho.

Seung-Hui Cho=Introverted and loner
Sun-Kyung Cho=Extroverted and outgoing

However, Seung-Hui Cho was youngest in family, unlike James Holmes, who is first born.

I didn't know that. Interesting.

I don't see a correlation. Anyone with children would know that some siblings have vastly different personalities. That's not at all unusual. And being a "loner" certainly does not mean they're going to grow up to be a mass murderer. Some kids are loners and end up being perfectly normal citizens. Some are very social and still end up being killers (the columbine shooters had friends, girlfriends, etc).

We may find out there were sme family secrets or histories, but it's also possible we may find that they're just a normal American family, go to church, go to school, have friends, and one child develops a mental illness and goes awry.

ETA

I've seen this dynamic with many family members and it does not mean anything though. My younger brother is more outgoing than I am, and I'm a normal citizen.

Since you quoted one of my posts, I'll reply. Indeed, for those of us with children know all too well about sibling rivalry. I have two sons of my own and they are completely the opposite. Appearances and characters. No, being a loner doesn't make one turn to violence.

The reason I thought the article was interesting is because sibling rivalry can lead to certain behaviours in children. Some may withdraw, others may act out, some even become violent for attention (hitting, spitting, tantrums, etc)

Some may consider it "normal", however I will suggest that it can define a child as young as 5. A normal, healthy child will overcome the adversity and later in life the siblings may even become closer than they ever were.

There is a lot of information on the web about sibling rivalry and interestingly they even have it labeled a "disorder" for severe cases.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/x_new_site/DSM_IV/sibling_rivalry_disorder.html

Again, this does not in any way excuse what the suspect has done. It's just a means of trying to understand his mind set and the more we learn, the clearer the pieces start falling into place. Of course, it doesn't lead to insanity in the legal definition of it.

Knowledge is powerful, imo

You do have that right, where I have the issue with it is taking a 6-year-old to a particularly violent movie. I won't let my 11-year-old watch most PG-13 movies! Don't take that as my beating up on the mother- I know she's been through hell lately.

I hate scary movies, but my 8 year old son loves them. I used to try not to let him watch them. but, he tells me momma their not real. they are just playing.
he know what is real and what is not.

he loves the twister movie. he thinks the chucky movie is a comedy

where I get in trouble if i let him watch the weather channel, he knows that is real and he hates storms. because it is real

he has always hated storms since he was a baby, if its thundering and lighting he is in our laps

If he was interested in batman, I would not have a problem letting him watch it.

Thanks! I also found this, which was linked to a Denver post article. This gives a great idea of the layout including where some of the victims were sitting.. http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/0721/20120721_015723_CD0721SHOOTSCENE.jpg

Thank You!

I wish they would update the seating chart to show exactly where everybody was sitting and the way the shooter moved....and wish they would post a detailed description of the doors.

From the link posted...it looks like the shooter worked everybody into a funnel. It seems as if he walk up and down, which in turn blocked all the main exits.

I wish somebody in the media would make a accurate seating cart...then when they interview witnesses....get them to put their name on the seat they were in. I'm sure the police are doing it but it may be awhile before we see it.
-------

One thing that I wonder. The person that works up in the movie booth? Was there somebody up there?

Just getting caught up.

Some people are just evil, if that is the term you want to use. We are still just mammals, we have basic instincts, some peoples are wired differently than others. This young man simply placed no value on human life. He was most likely very angry and frustrated with himself, he wasn't going to be a great "whatever title" he was studying for. He may have had issues with women, who knows, but most 24 year olds complain about not getting laid, girlfriends are mean when they do get one, yadda, yadda. He may have had social/political issues, also typical of a 24 year old.

Not sure why he did what he did, but he ultimately did not care about others. Not any different from the drug runners up and down the costs killing dozens within days for simply being arrogant or not liking how someone says hello. (Sorry for the bad comparison, but it is what I deal with everyday, and people just kill. Normal people just kill, and they have no remorse or concern.)

Who wants to take bets on whether this defendant acts up in Court on the 30th since it will not be filmed? Act out so it can be written about? Not act out b/c there is no attention?

I was trying to find this out, but I'm not seeing it anywhere either. I did come across this. It's an interesting blog/statement about theater procedures/exit door alarms, written by Elizabeth McClung, a former cineplex employee.

http://elizabethmcclung.blogspot.com/2012/07/batman-aurora-shooting-why-did.html

She says, " In the same way, if there is a raging fire in screen 5, you don’t want screen 4 and 6 to keep watching their film as the fire grows, that is why the automatic evacuation alarm sends out an automated message. Once the alarm is triggered, the entire multiplex evacuates, and yes it may cost a few bucks but it is better than loss of life. When the alarm occurs, the message comes over the speakers, the film projection is cut, the exit is lit and the audience is informed to proceed to the evacuation point – which is where the staff should be leading them. A few staff then check each screen, each toilet, and under the front ‘masking’ of the screen to ensure the building is evacuated.

So when “Eyewitnesses say bullets from the shooting in theatre nine passed through the theatre walls into adjacent screens, injuring people there also.” (source) It is the exact opposite of what is supposed to happen.

Why did it? Only Cinemark can answer why the fire exit either had no alarm, or the alarm was not checked. I am guessing, from talks with managers and staff in recent trips to the cinema that the building was extremely understaffed."

The door JH went out and came back in is not an emergency exit. It is simply an exit to the parking lot. It does not allow patrons to enter from the parking lot though - he had to prop it open to stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member