*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the article that stated Holmes told police his apartment was rigged. It was in the Denver Post

http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120724/NEWS04/120729758/1006/james-holmes-apartment-complex-remains-sealed-residents-turned-away

It is possible for someone to go from a raging manic state to a humiliated depressive state in a matter of seconds. I'm not saying that is what happened. What I'm suggesting is that is incorrect to say "it doesn't make sense" he would tell the cops about the explosives.

We don't know in what context he told the cops about the explosives. I presume he was surprised at the quick response. It could have slipped out.

I found the article that stated Holmes told police his apartment was rigged. It was in the Denver Post

http://www.timesherald.com/article/20120724/NEWS04/120729758/1006/james-holmes-apartment-complex-remains-sealed-residents-turned-away

It is possible for someone to go from a raging manic state to a humiliated depressive state in a matter of seconds. I'm not saying that is what happened. What I'm suggesting is that is incorrect to say "it doesn't make sense" he would tell the cops about the explosives.

And even if he hadn't told them it was rigged, after what he had done, no cop was going to go through that door without checking for booby traps anyway. They would have assumed it had a bomb at the very least, imo.

Here's the seating chart of our theater 9.. Thanks to nephers for both links as they were both necessary to be able to discern which seating chart was the correct one for theater 9.
attachment.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343188899.963263.jpg

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Well it's still not exact on the amount of seating so I'm still searching..

People have faked mental illness before to get disability or to get out of going to war, etc., People without mental illness have fooled before. IMO, they are the enemy of people really suffering with it. If his potted plant self was faking it, I wonder how long he can keep it up.

We don't know in what context he told the cops about the explosives. I presume he was surprised at the quick response. It could have slipped out.

Surprised, yes. But more importantly, disappointed. Crash and burn.

Surprised, yes. But more importantly, disappointed. Crash and burn.

Once he saw the police he suddenly got scared he had gone too far? He's basically very cowardly, IMO.

I don't believe this Joker told the police about the bomb in his apt. I think when he was arrested he made some comment like "Did my bomb take down the building?" which alerted the cops to look for the bomb. I don't think this Joker all of a sudden decided to "be nice and spare some cops" after his shooting spree.

People have faked mental illness before to get disability or to get out of going to war, etc., People without mental illness have fooled before. IMO, they are the enemy of people really suffering with it. If his potted plant self was faking it, I wonder how long he can keep it up.

It makes sense to fake a mental illness to get disability or get out of going to war. But why would a sane person fake a mental illness in order to slaughter a bunch of innocent people watching a movie? It could happen, you just need to supply the ulterior motive.

Remember the guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart? They ruled him incompetent for years, before finally deciding he was competent (they pretty much decided he was faking it) and convicting him.

Some points that I haven't read yet:

I think the way the apt bomb was set up had a some personal meaning to him. I can just imagine his glee thinking and setting it up. I wonder if their was a certain neighbor, probably female, who he knew would come down and upon seeing the door unlocked, push it open. He knew how annoyed everyone would be on a Thurs night to have to listen to his song over and over. Then they would all be burned to death all because someone dared to push open his door without permission.

Also, I think this is the first time this Joker lived alone. From what I've read, he had roommates at UCRiverside then lived with parents/sister. Also, this was first time living in a different state than parents. I wonder if being alone with "his thoughts" 24/7 without another person in his living space brought him to start thinking he's the Joker.

I also think his behavior (letting the police capture him, playing with the bag puppets, & appearing sleepy in courtroom) is his way of saying "whatever". He doesn't care about any of this, he's a child who lives inside his mind and jail is not a punishment to him. All his life other people (parents, teachers, peers) have made him do things (school, mcdonalds job) that prevent him from spending time inside his head. Now, he gets to what he wants all the time for the rest of his life.

MI comes in many variations even though biposlr has 3 types there are no two people with ipolsar that are alike.

YES they can plan, yes they can see a project through, and yes they ca be low key or evil and everything in between.

My daughter s severely Bipolar she can swing from one side to the other in moments. But she planned an awesome garden at her friend’s house (she was not on meds and really moody) when she is taking meds she is different. but if you had seen this garden you would have thought a professional did it.
She is not evil, she angry most of the time, and can talk in circles, and not focused. OR she can sound like a bright focused person.
THERE IS NOT ONE FACE to MI...

I took one look at him and I bet he is MI. the rest remains to be seen.

Prayes is righ.

As someone that is bipolar I understand. I'm sure my mother feels the same way you do. I'm sometimes moody, sometimes hyper, sometimes very down, sometimes by bad daughter. It sure isn't an mo for a murder.

God bless you; you sound like a great mother to stick by your daughter. My mom is the same and I sure don't deserve to have her sometimes. You just made me want to call my mom and apologize for everything I've put her through since age 14.

philosophical question: can you be evil without being mentally ill?
Of course.

See "The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil" by Philip Zimbardo ( link )

So the theater held 305 people.. 120 on the lower level and 185 on the second balcony.

I think what's confusing is there really isn't a "balcony"...it's the same as most theaters where there are 5-10 rows on the floor in front, and then stadium style seating with walkways on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV