*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh not what I am saying

IMO a 24 year old, who lives alone, has an apt, is not out with friends somewhere, JUDGEMENT, why not toke inside your house.

If he was with friends somewhere and everyone wants to go smoke go to the back of whereever and enjoy!

No reason for him to be alone outside, risking a hassle , with a joint,

IMPAIRED JUDGEMENT was the deal not smoking pot

Was this during a time his apt was full of explosives? Then, I could understand his being outside to smoke. At least that would suggest he is very careful or selfish about his own safety as demonstrated with his protective gear.

And he didn't just snap as some suggest.. He didn't just wake up one morning and say to himself I'm gonna go slaughter as many innocents as I possibly can!!!.. This is not descending or snapping or a psychotic break!! This killer used every ounce of his intelligence thoroughly and methodically planning on a daily basis for months this massacre.. That is not mental illness that is pure, straight up pent up anger, hatred, frustration all funneled into his little pet project.. Slaughter the innocent!!!

Welcome to the real world Jimmy!!! We all get sick of it.. We all get frustrated and angry.. But your selfish, self centered immature *advertiser censored* decided.. AND I VERY MUCH MEAN DECIDED TO SHOW US ALL THAT YOU ARE BIG AND BAD!! No your not!! You're a p**** coward.. A little boy with a dark evil soul that cowardly slaughtered babies!! You're nothing.. You couldn't even handle life and it sure as hell isnt because of a mental illness.. The only thing you'll be remembered for is looking like a dumbass Ronald McDonald look alike and took out your complete and total ineptness at ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE .. Your cowardly *advertiser censored* took it out on innocent babies.. What a loser coward you are and that's the ONLY thing you'll be remembered as...

Actually he will be remembered as a very bright and very high body count spree killer that shot up a movie theater while portraying a batman character. He is now infamous and he will be getting plenty of fan mail in jail.

Thats what I thought then someone here made a good point --- maybe he just laid everything out but did not like really wire it up to go till that night?

I said that because that is what made sense. I can’t imagine it any other way.
He was too smart and crawling around the floors does not make sense.

I don't think here is anyone on this site who doesn't feel for the innocently murdered victims and the families of all of them.
They woudn't be here otherwise.

Did I point to anyone here as not having sympathy for the victims? Of course I did not.. I am very simply expressing frustration that there are many people who are being persuaded by this mans act.. I find it disgusting and that's what I expressed.. Never at any point whatsoever did I state anything about any of my fellow members not having sympathy for victims.. I did not even reference my speaking of fellow members but rather the general population and ones that are very much sympathetic.. I'm fully aware of what the vast majority of my fellow members motive for being here is and it at no point was even referenced so is irrelevant to the entire post.

Dr Keith Ablow is a complete joke and any sliver of credibility that he had is long gone with his pairing up with Glen Beck and their cashing in on Casey Anthony..

Hah!! What a joke..

As far as the school goes your quote was
"70 people's lives are messed up because of the few you said nothing.. ".. This quote within the context of speaking of the University.. You also said they're likely eaten up with guilt..

No, they're not and the responsibility LIES WITH NOONE BUT THE COLD BLOODED KILLER!!.. NOT the University, NOT the parents, NOT the neighbors, NOT the man at a gun store...
The sole responsibility lies with one person, a cold blooded slaughterer who doesn't deserve to have his name uttered.. HE IS WHERE THE BLAME LIES AND NOT ANYONE ELSE!
None of this is blame , it is being a human ...... ha I have done it , watched others do it, a fellow humans car breaks and everyone is just beeping blowing around em same thing.....humanity......

do i have empathy for the victims certainly, am I capable of having empathy for that soul I saw sitting there clueless about what was going on in his brain yes

I am capable of doing both indeed ...... is that wrong bad etc IMO nope just human

this mess is about a societal issue, not one 24 year old defective human this is about media, this is about funding for mental health, this is about money, this is about lawsuit crazy america , this is about all kinds of stuff

THere is a reason why AMerican IMO, has problems like this have I figured it out no

seems to be a lot of LOL OMG !!! ?#%@
going on here in the past few hours.
i'm not a moderator, but a lot of these back n forths
have little to do with the topic of this thread.
makes it hard to find information.

As a human being, I would hope someone in his group (professor/staff or other student) would care and try to help or say something IF they did see a marked decline in his well being. all I am trying to say!

Repectfully, I disagree, grad school is really diff its very small , diff relatioship with proffs , my hang up with admin from the beginning is only three days later did someone find out about him failing the progression test.

That is HUGE HUGE in grad school, and we got a 3.9 genius, who failed, and was offerred to give it a go again, and the next thing is an email, see ya IMO any grad program in the world would address it.

BUt IMO this admin did not cause what everyone saw (students are not gonna "tell" they want their degree!) they all IMO know they should have addressed it, i bet they are quietly doing guilt

70 people lives are messed up now cause the few people that saw changes did nothing ....that is sad, IMO he has slipped through the cracks, and as a result of that , here we all are ...............................sad more than anything

That's not what my experience in grad school has been. No one can force you to retake comps.

As someone else noted, the faculty aren't our babysitters. Funding in neuroscience is more competitive than it has ever been, so even tenured professors with established labs are struggling to keep afloat. Most advisors' main priority is secure funding, publish, and pursue productive collaborations. Rarely is your advisor gonna be working beside you at the bench for any extended period of time. In both labs I've studied in, there have been people - postdocs, associate professors, senior grad students, technicians - to teach me the practical stuff and help me so that I don't have to bother my mentor for most stuff. And both of these labs were relatively small in terms of personnel. The fact is that in my experience, people are not uncaring, but they have their hands full and lots of their own stressors. I know that I've experienced it while mentoring rotating or interning students.

I said that because that is what made sense. I can’t imagine it any other way.
He was too smart and crawling around the floors does not make sense.

Yeah but it is still very weird. He had NO PROBLEM mowing down 70+ unknown people in a movie theater, yet the explosives that were carefully laid out didn't blow?

What...did one of his cute neighbors say "hi" to him and he decided he DIDN'T want to blow up his apartment building? That doesn't make sense, especially since the loud music went off and the door wasn't latched.

Perhaps he did like someone in that building so he let it be chance/fate as to whether it blew? Other than "fate" I can't fathom why he didn't make sure. I can't imagine what the neighbor girl is thinking....if she had opened that door etc....

Who honestly cares if he's adopted? That doesn't mean he had some horrible abuse filled childhood.

Actually he will be remembered as a very bright and very high body count spree killer that shot up a movie theater while portraying a batman character. He is now infamous and he will be getting plenty of fan mail in jail.
smoker.gif

Jmo

Yeah but it is still very weird. He had NO PROBLEM mowing down 70+ unknown people in a movie theater, yet the explosives that were carefully laid out didn't blow?

What...did one of his cute neighbors say "hi" to him and he decided he DIDN'T want to blow up his apartment building? That doesn't make sense, especially since the loud music went off and the door wasn't latched.

Perhaps he did like someone in that building so he let it be chance/fate as to whether it blew? I can't imagine what the neighbor girl is thinking....if she had opened that door etc....

It was designed to blow when the door was opened. Nobody opened the door by sheer luck.

Who honestly cares if he's adopted? That doesn't mean he had some horrible abuse filled childhood.

The reports of him being adopted didn't come from reputable main stream media.
So, I don't know if those are even accurate.

OK I know "Normal" is a cycle on the dryer...LOL

Quirke is fine, goofy is fine, but mentally off balance without meds is another thing.
And Mentally ill and evil - that is something like what we have in this case.
Glad u put mentally ill before evil .................

If his parents are stable and normal and he is adopted....nature vs. nurture. His birth parents obviously were not in a position to rear their young properly for whatever reason.

That's not what my experience in grad school has been. No one can force you to retake comps.

As someone else noted, the faculty aren't our babysitters. Funding in neuroscience is more competitive than it has ever been, so even tenured professors with established labs are struggling to keep afloat. Most advisors' main priority is secure funding, publish, and pursue productive collaborations. Rarely is your advisor gonna be working beside you at the bench for any extended period of time. In both labs I've studied in, there have been people - postdocs, associate professors, senior grad students, technicians - to teach me the practical stuff and help me so that I don't have to bother my mentor for most stuff. And both of these labs were relatively small in terms of personnel. The fact is that in my experience, people are not uncaring, but they have their hands full and lots of their own stressors. I know that I've experienced it while mentoring rotating or interning students.
Could have been a phone call - 22 seconds -- can you come LE - check it out and if you think eval necc do so --- happens all the time its the law !

If his parents are stable and normal and he is adopted....nature vs. nurture. His birth parents obviously were not in a position to rear their young properly for whatever reason.
Yep it would be cool to find that angle out but wonder of adapted parents would even go there.

Could have been a phone call - 22 seconds -- can you come LE - check it out and if you think eval necc do so --- happens all the time its the law !

What happens all the time? A school can call LE if he was doing something illegal. Coloring hair red is not illegal. Dropping out of the program is not illegal.
I really don't understand what you think the school should have called LE about.

It was designed to blow when the door was opened. Nobody opened the door by sheer luck.

He had to realize the door may not be opened. He planned this carefully, unless he was high or crazy how did he not anticipate that maybe the door WOULDN'T be opened? Why not set the music off 30 minutes before he planned to shoot up the theater?

He thought about all the scenarios....why didn't that part go well? Why tell the police? Bravado? Hmmm....doesn't seem likely. He didn't think about it that carefully and expected it all to happen at the same time? Then set a timer...it ain't rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214