Diapers-backpack found/Jersey arrested(unrelated charges) 10-15-11 DEVELOPING STORIES

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Steve Young "wouldn't want to put this guy's name out there..."

"Quite frankly the guy is not related to this case---homeless or otherwise."

Maybe they know where he was on the night Lisa went missing.

I'm not seeing a DOB either. All of the fields to the right are blank on my view of that pic.

When I click on that link, I see this, to the right of the picture:

Date of Birth 03/19/1969

Why is this one routine and the other abandoned house was never taped off?
Other house was taped off. The whole street was taped off. It was deemed too unsafe to not demolish.

This new abandoned house is not in as dangerous condition but is slated for demolition because it was bought out for a street widening project (dont get me started on the street widening project and people having to 'sell' their properties and businesses for this!). This is one of the last buildings left to level for this project.

My initial reaction to this guy's mug shot is very unfair, and should be taken as just that - an unfair reaction.

He looks like a perv, and an angry one at that.

I say again, I am often wrong about intuitive first reactions to people, not to mention that they usually don't look all that good in mug shots.

So take it with a teaspoon of salt. But, I sure would love to know his birthdate and place of birth. I know it is ridiculous to ever hope for a time of birth!

I don't think that mug shots of anyone are particularly flattering, and I sometimes feel that suspects' photos are intended to encourage negative reactions. jmo

The home was located near an area where police had been conducting searches for missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin over the past few weeks, though Kansas City Police Department Capt. Steve Young said it was just outside of the scope where officers had done the most extensive searches.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29498038/detail.html#ixzz1auQEZ2MP

WTH? 4 blks is just outside of the scope. I'm not so sure about this investigation and have kept my thoughts to myself (i'll continue to do so)

Why is LE such a downer? Always dismissing everything?

BBM

At least this much I can guess at. LE isn't talking, family isn't talking. All that was probably learned they learned first from the "passerby" who I am thinking media probably snagged after the LE got done with them. So all they knew was that diapers had been found. And the guy probably told them they were fresh. So of course with the possibility that this might be related to Lisa, there was major media attention focused on it. And they never knew it wasn't a new discovery.

I'm thinking that we may not have heard of the last of the diapers. Wouldn't the diaper cover hold prints? The diaper hold DNA? So I would think there is going to be testing on them for a while.

I am very curious as to whether LE saw these before or if these are new to the scene's since the LE search. I can't imagine them doing a search for a baby, and not taking any diapers they found in for testing. So I am thinking they are new to the scene since the search.

Or at the very least if they were there during the searches done in the area and cleared as unrelated, arrange for the appropriate city department be called in to remove them? Otherwise, would they not risk false alarms by subsequent searchers who thought they found something substantive?

I am wondering too how freshly soiled or very old these diapers are. This is just not coming together for me. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming that makes it more understandable.

What does a baby kidnapper look like? Really you cannot base any type of decision of what type of person they are by their pictures...since he has been in the news lately, Gacy is one that comes to mind.

Mentally ill people change over time...sometimes within months. I will say his eyes scare me, it's almost like they are blank...

Not targeting your post, it just bothers me when people feel they can make an assumption of one's character by a picture.

Gacy is why I hate clowns, too creepy.

How does Capt. Young know the difference between a week old dirty diaper and a month old dirty diaper? I never saved any of my babies' dirty diapers past trash pick-up day, which would be twice a week. I sure didn't open them back up and inspect the contents days later!

I always put the used wipes inside the poopy diaper and rolled it tightly and secured it with the tapes before putting it in bag, then it the trash. I assume that if I had taken one out several days or even weeks later it would not be all dried up because it was wrapped in layers of plastic.

Were these diapers in a bag? Were they laying open on the basement floor? How much old poopy diaper experience does Captain Young have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member