Diapers-backpack found/Jersey arrested(unrelated charges) 10-15-11 DEVELOPING STORIES

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John S. Tanko

Tampering With Motor Vehicle - 1st Degree { Felony C RSMo: 569.080 }
Date: 10/13/2011 Code: 2301300

10/14/2011 Bond Set
$10,000.00 JS/aml

Warrant Issued
Document ID: 11-CYARW-1015, for TANKO, JOHN S.

Probable Cause Statement Filed

Complaint Filed

From arrest in 2008

TANKO , JOHN S , Defendant
3718 N LISTER

KANSAS CITY, MO 64116

Year of Birth: 1969
Burglary - 2nd Degree { Felony C RSMo: 569.170 }

https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb...44575187.jpg&docId=1175445&method=changePhoto

Well i guess we know who was breaking into the vehicles in the neighborhood. wonder if hes a smoker? moo

When we learned about the diapers, did everyone get their hopes up? I know I did! I think there is a lesson here that there is definitely hope that Lisa is actually alive and that the parents are not involved. All options have to be looked at. For right now, I am a bit uncomfortable that LE seems to have a bit of a lessaize faire attitude about the possibility of anyone but the parents being responsible, but maybe that is my opinion, I don't know.

But I would be willing to bet that just about everyone watching that show tonight and reading these forums hearts skipped a beat and were truly hopeful, so stay hopeful. Stranger things have happened.

There must always be hope; especially when a child is involved.

Indamiddle, how did you sleep with this guy biking round your neighborhood?
I dont think he came around down at this end. I am pretty sure I would have heard about it if they did as I have some nightowl neighbors that take the 'watch' duty after I go to bed! Nobody down here had seen him or had seen anybody we didn't know where they belong on a bike. I guess he could be a stealthy feller though and only come down here in the middle of he night.

Maybe the National Guard was summoned based on the "fresh diaper" report...who knows, someone may have jumped the gun...JMO

I would think they would watch and follow him to see if he might lead them to baby Lisa?

So he was arrested 2 days ago?:waitasec:

yeah, what gives. They certainly have had plenty of time to question him about Lisa and events around the neighborhood. Wish I knew if they got anything useful.

They did a good job of keeping this arrest under their hat. huh (where is the pout emoticon when I need it)

Were there diapers in the house also or just on the property? Baby wipes might be something that a person would buy to wash up with if they are homeless. They would be easy to take into public restrooms for sink baths.

It looks like diapers were found in and around the house.

While police are currently questioning "Jersey," sealed off the abandoned house near the 3900 Block of Chouteau Trafficway and Russell. Inside of the abandoned house, they found mens clothing, food, a backpack and soiled baby diapers. Diapers were also found around 300 yards away from the home, which is about four blocks away from Irwin's home.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...a-irwin-case,-in-police-custody#ixzz1auQvj1xR

Good gawd. U r gonna give me nightmares. Hes not what i pictured from neighbors description. moo
This is what I was scratching my head at. The pic I was shown, there is no way I would have described him as that. Unless they showed them a Glamour Shots photo and I didnt get to see it!

So the house was searched and cleared - does that mean LE found the diapers and they were there at that time? Or were "very old" irrelevant diapers then brought in by some mysterious person after the fact? This is very confusing.

And the ones found in the woods? are there very old and nothing much to get excited about? Then why was it reported as a new discovery? Did LE/searchers already find them laying around out there in the woods and just left them there?

None of this is making sense to me.

BBM

At least this much I can guess at. LE isn't talking, family isn't talking. All that was probably learned they learned first from the "passerby" who I am thinking media probably snagged after the LE got done with them. So all they knew was that diapers had been found. And the guy probably told them they were fresh. So of course with the possibility that this might be related to Lisa, there was major media attention focused on it. And they never knew it wasn't a new discovery.

I'm thinking that we may not have heard of the last of the diapers. Wouldn't the diaper cover hold prints? The diaper hold DNA? So I would think there is going to be testing on them for a while.

I am very curious as to whether LE saw these before or if these are new to the scene's since the LE search. I can't imagine them doing a search for a baby, and not taking any diapers they found in for testing. So I am thinking they are new to the scene since the search.

I'm not seeing a DOB either. All of the fields to the right are blank on my view of that pic.

Search on the offender name, John tanko. Then you will get hit stats, and if you click the photos button, you will get several views of him.

Maybe when described as "clean" he'd had a haircut or something. I imagine he's had one or two since 2009. maybe.

Mr. Tanko's photo doesn't scream baby kidnapper to me. More along the lines of a misdemeanor wacky weed offense.

When I was in 5th grade a man attempted to abduct me. I'll never forget his face. He lookes just like Jersey. Of course that man would now likely be in his 70s by now! But that man does not look clean cut nor in his 20s.

But capt young said he didnt know about that! HUM! whats going on here?

Not unusual. LOL All it takes is someone with lots of pull and politics kick in. One hand not knowing what the other is doing.

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
#babylisa. Witness says two baby food jars, adult underwear found near diapers in abandoned home one mile from Irwin home. @nbcactionnews
1 minute ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member