Did John Ramsey carry the body to contaminate the scene or not?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did John Ramsey knowingly try to contaminate the scene by carrying JonBenet upstairs?

• Yes, he did try to handle the body to contaminate the scene.

Votes: 122 53.5%
  • No, he did not think him handling the body would contaminate the scene.

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • no, it was a natural reaction for a father

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • He wanted the body discovered.

Votes: 47 20.6%

• Total voters
The question I am asking myself is:

"Did JBR turn the light on?"

The 2nd question:

"Was Melody sleeping that night at all?"

"Was she sleeping when the Police has arrived"?

Put on a blindfold and go to any room with a door in your house. 9/10 you are going to instinctively find the switch easily, because that’s where the switch is supposed to be. In the wine cellar, contrary to the popular belief that there wasn’t a light switch where it was supposed to be, there was, just inside the door where you would expect it to be. My question is, if FW did flip the switch, then why didn’t the light illuminate? Did someone monkey with the other light switch on the right?

You’re right about there being more ambient light in the afternoon, especially coming from the window in the boiler room.

Did JR switch on the hallway light as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cottonstar,
Well unless we have Fleet White saying he flipped the switch we will have to run with the conventional could not find the switch which is odd given the circumstances.

I'll bet Fleet White returned for another look to compare what he could see in the wine-cellar before the light was switched on and why he missed the light switch?

Never mind missing JonBenet !

Cottonstar,
Well unless we have Fleet White saying he flipped the switch we will have to run with the conventional could not find the switch which is odd given the circumstances.

I'll bet Fleet White returned for another look to compare what he could see in the wine-cellar before the light was switched on and why he missed the light switch?

Never mind missing JonBenet !

This imo is what happened. He couldn't find the switch and wondered why he didn't see her that morning. That is why he went and looked again.

I don't think the BPD would have done those experiments on the room if FW had said he flipped the switch and it didn't work. I just don't think this light switch theory is plausible at all.

This imo is what happened. He couldn't find the switch and wondered why he didn't see her that morning. That is why he went and looked again.

I don't think the BPD would have done those experiments on the room if FW had said he flipped the switch and it didn't work. I just don't think this light switch theory is plausible at all.

kaykay543,
I tend to agree. We really need Fleet White to do an interview with Tricia so he can run over how it all happened.

Something doesn’t add up in this scene. This is probably why FW has held this info close to his vest all of these years.

The BPD would have conducted the light tests regardless if he said he couldn’t find the switch or if he had flipped the switch. They were just trying to determine if anyone could see in there without the light being turned on.

kaykay543,
I tend to agree. We really need Fleet White to do an interview with Tricia so he can run over how it all happened.

Wouldn't that be something?! I just don't think FW will ever talk unless JR passes away first. Even then he could stay quiet as BR attorney's could still sue him. I so wish we could hear or read a full statement by FW.

FW looked into the WC and saw nothing of a 6 year old child wrapped in a white blanket because she wasn't there yet.

They tried to gaslight FW into thinking he couldn't see because it was dark. He knows better - she wasn't there.

He returned to the WC because he knew that something very fishy just happened.

Wouldn't that be something?! I just don't think FW will ever talk unless JR passes away first. Even then he could stay quiet as BR attorney's could still sue him. I so wish we could hear or read a full statement by FW.

kaykay543,
It could happen. Fleet White did an interview with Peter Boyles its out there as a podcast. Fleet White cannot be sued for retelling his experience upon finding JonBenet. Only if he blamed JR or BR for JonBenet's death, directly or indirectly, could he be sued.

Tricia should phone or Email Fleet White offering a nice polite interview to talk about what might have gone wrong in the case, with no surprise questions guaranteed, you never know he might do it?

Once JR leaves us the media will be able to do investigative documentary style programs since you cannot defame the dead, as long as BR is not implicated they will be in the clear legally.

FW looked into the WC and saw nothing of a 6 year old child wrapped in a white blanket because she wasn't there yet.

They tried to gaslight FW into thinking he couldn't see because it was dark. He knows better - she wasn't there.

He returned to the WC because he knew that something very fishy just happened.

TeaTime,
ITA. Given the circumstances it seems bizarre Fleet White missed the light switch and JonBenet. As the door opens out enough ambient light will enter the wine-cellar so to make stuff out, albeit dimly.

The clincher is JR sighting JonBenet before he flips the light switch as he has an eyesight medical condition. You also have JR knowing where to look, i.e. rules out a solo PDI.

If you read JR's statements discussing the wine-cellar and its contents, its difficult not to come away thinking this guy has a reason for nearly everything down there, yet he was hardly ever home, e.g. away on business trips.

Take the Samsonite suitcase, JR says he took it down to the basement. Like JR was doing household chores, but thats what he employed LHP for, even Patsy knew this as she got LHP to not only fetch stuff from the wine-cellar, yes she found the light switch she took Patsy's Art Materials down to the basement at her request.

It would be great to hear FW recount their steps as they found JonBenet with the emphasis on did FW actually flip the switch?

In my opinion, yes. And based on other cases - one such being the Jodi Jones case here in Scotland where, while everyone was searching for her, her boyfriend who now is convicted for her murder, was the one that found her. In a search party he went right to her body that was behind a wall and impossible to see. But he went right to that part of the wall, lifted her up and carried her for a bit, then put her body down. The police sussed that this was to have an excuse for why his fibers etc were on her body. There was no way he could have known her body was there, unless he put it there. I think John Ramsey did the very same. Found the body of Jonbenet because he put her there, and carried her because he knew forensics would find something of himself on her. He must be a very smart man to make all his money, smart men know not to touch crime scenes, less that smart people know not to touch. I have a daughter, i wouldn't be able to walk myself if i found her like that, never mind carry her.

I would LOVE for FW to do an interview with Tricia and explain what he experienced throughout this crime. I think it would be eye opening. No one can be charged at this point if I'm not mistaken unless John killed her himself which I have never thought he did. I've always felt he was involved only after it happened if not "realizing" it as the 911 call was occurring. He found her early on I believe and either moved her to the WC or hid her for a while. I think he did move her to contaminate the body as well as PR rocking her and holding her and giving her Academy Award performance in front of the Christmas tree.
I wish the truth would just come out finally. Fess up and admit it. No one can be charged now. BR was too young, Patsy is dead, and JR can't be charged because of the statute of limitations has expired. It's sad to think no one will ever pay for this crime.

PLUS I would love to know what FW and JR were arguing about the day of the funeral.

I think just about everyone wishes FW would just talk already -- I really do think he holds the key to many questions.

JR shaking his head yes, then no.

https://youtu.be/wlb-4f7tL2I

I think those nine seconds pretty much summarize this whole case for me.

At the very least, in my opinion, JR's initial response expresses doubt and/or an objection. And the question—the way it was asked—leaves no room for these. Either you had something to do with her death, or you didn't. It's not a debate.

But he draws in a breath and moves his head up as if he's about to say something like, "Well, that depends on..." or "In some ways, I guess you could say..." I think he realizes this halfway through, and quickly switches to a weak nod, except it comes out like, "No, I don't think I could've..."

As for PR, I would've liked to see a little more vehemence and certainty in her response. But to me, it comes across as a little too slow and weak for such a direct and "in your face" question.

Neither of them convinces me.

A poised and rehearsed Patsy stutters when asked by Barbara if she was willing to take a lie detector test.

John has this dazed stare when Baraba asked him about molestation.

https://youtu.be/Nltc6UeKigw

A poised and rehearsed Patsy stutters when asked by Barbara if she was willing to take a lie detector test.

John has this dazed stare when Baraba asked him about molestation.

https://youtu.be/Nltc6UeKigw

Oh wow... this video clip is like the exact opposite of the one posted by Cotton Star!

The lie detector test exchange happens from 3:22–3:53. When Barbara asks them if they would take a lie detector test. John stutters a bit, but manages to sound convincing. Patsy, though, stutters that she would, but is shaking her head "no" throughout her answer.

Mind you, just a few seconds earlier, JR said he wasn't interested in proving his innocence with a lie detector test towards the beginning, and PR confidently explains, "We were frightened! There was a murderer!" But now when offered the chance, she sounds less confident in her response.

JR squeezes out a smile
and PR stutters
when questioned about the test.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member