Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.5%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
I wanted to add to my post about JA going in through the doggie door. We know she had done this in the past. She couldn't just arrive and ring the doorbell or knock because that could wake the roommate(s) up too. JA had to get in and get out without anybody else hearing or seeing her. That would also mean not turning lights on inside the house. If that was done there was a chance a neighbor or passer by would remember seeing the lights on 4 a.m.

I would be so annoyed I couldn't boink her (but I'm not a man).

I've always thought the whole rental car thing was so he and others wouldn't recognize it as her vehicle. This gave her time to stalk him and his home. IIRC - there are several hours unaccounted for so there is no way to know what time she actually arrived. moo

I don't think Travis had a clue she was coming. I know they talked at length for at least one phone call, but I don't think he had any idea she was headed his direction. The longer she kept him on the phone talking, the more she could find out about who else was there, if anyone, and who was expected to be there and when, and what the "conditions" were inside the house presently. She could casually work it into the conversation as they "chatted". Just further evidence of pre-meditation IMHO.

It's so sad to think that he had no idea she was headed toward him with lethal intent, and it shows what a skilled manipulator she is.

Not to be :what: but then what was the KY on the bed, and his penis looked like it had engaged in some sort of activity (red). This from the image of him on the bed. I do believe they had sex that day (6/4).

Just my opinion.

Mel

BBM

PLEASE, you made my eyes bleed!

the bottle of KY could have been brought by Jodi just as a photo prop to make it look like they had sex, just like the picture of Caylee reaching for the sliding glass door handle- illusion that proves nothing.

But who was she taking the pictures for??? I don't get it. Sex pics on his camera prove what? That she was there at his house that day?
I can't ever get a logical scenario in my head that explains why JA would whip the camera out to take pictures.
And why the nude pictures of herself? If she meant to take the camera when she left, or tried to destroy the photos by washing the camera, why bother even taking any pictures?
Who was she proving what to? :banghead:

I strongly suspect he did not know, but had to vote I don't know, because of course I don't. JA lies, Travis can't talk, and their association was complicated. Maybe he humored her on the phone. Maybe he second-guessed his thoughts that she was psycho. Maybe she managed to "guilt" him in their conversations when she was already on the road, and said she could come by. I can see her laying it on thick after he called her a sociopath. The other facts of the case still say murder, and not self defense or heat of passion. She was in a rage, but I suspect rage is her baseline. :moo:

It's almost like she wanted to get caught. I've seen every season of Dexter, and its taught me that she is either really dumb or she really wanted people to know she killed Travis Alexander. She even tanked her post arrest and trial. She said she wanted the death penalty and she's making sure she gets it.

I say yes Travis knew she was coming even if it was 2 hours before sshe arrived. I just don't understand him telling her maybe a week prior that she's evil, a sociopath and the worst thing to have ever happened to him and then she unexpectedly appears at his home and he jumps in the bed with her. But I'm a woman and maybe this makes complete sense to a man.

If he knew she was coming, then I would have to think it wasn't premeditated.

If he knew, then he would possibly tell other people. I don't think she EVER told him, not even on the phone that day. He could have told a roommate or whoever. Makes no sense to plan everything the way she did and then tell him she was coming and chance him telling others.

IMO
BBM

And IMO...

Whether Travis knew or not is irrelevant to premeditation because legally premeditation can happen in just a matter of seconds - Jodi still had a gun and a knife; she chose to stab, shoot, then nearly decapitate him while he was helpless in the shower, instead of just leaving his house.

Jodi's own BS story has premeditation. She decided to run for Travis' alleged gun instead of running out of the house. Then stab him. Or shoot him, whichever came first doesn't matter. She decided to kill him either way.

ETA answer to poll, I voted "No" because I suspect he didn't, but I really don't know.

It's almost like she wanted to get caught. I've seen every season of Dexter, and its taught me that she is either really dumb or she really wanted people to know she killed Travis Alexander. She even tanked her post arrest and trial. She said she wanted the death penalty and she's making sure she gets it.
I don't think she wanted to get caught; I think at the time she wasn't in the mindset to even consider consequences. Jodi was going to do what Jodi wanted to do, and that's all she was focused on on the way to Travis's. And yes, she IS really dumb, at least in the areas of common sense and reality! We WS'rs are always aware of just how (almost always) impossible it is to get away with murder, but many average people never ever consider what goes into a criminal investigation. Just look at all the idiots on shows like Oxygen's "Snapped", where killers stupidly never take into account things like cell phone pings, receipts, insurance policies and plain old human nature, meaning that people love to run their mouths. I used to teach high school, and sometimes a student would approach me to say "So-and-so is planning on skipping 7th period today..." And usually the "so-and-so" they were telling on was their close friend! I would be like, "Thanks for the info, but can you tell me why you told on your friend?" They'd say "I don't know"!! Point being, people can't keep secrets. Well Jodi didn't tell of any plans to kill TA but she was woefully ignorant about leaving hair/DNA/fingerprints at the crime scene- hello!! She apparently thought turning her phone off would cover her route, never considering how damning that action would be. She would have fared much better admitting she killed TA from the get-go, possibly getting 2nd degree conviction and a chance at regaining her life one day. Her ninja story is so absurd, and so cliche/movie-of-the-week; she had no idea how absurd it sounded. The narcissist in her felt she was perfectly believable. Jodi Arias is a scary, dangerous person. She tries to mask her emotions in court, but her anger/temper comes through anyway. Whenever she is really angry, her face turns a faint pink, spread across her nose and cheeks in a sunburn pattern. She is so deluded, and so grandiose in the way she sees herself. She is a good mimic/parrot when she needs to be seen as "sweet" or "positive," yet she just cannot 'get' how she appears to others.

I say NO he did NOT know she was on her way. That is my .06% in the no, he didn't no column. :)

But who was she taking the pictures for??? I don't get it. Sex pics on his camera prove what? That she was there at his house that day?
I can't ever get a logical scenario in my head that explains why JA would whip the camera out to take pictures.
And why the nude pictures of herself? If she meant to take the camera when she left, or tried to destroy the photos by washing the camera, why bother even taking any pictures?

I have mostly been of the mindset that she intended to take the camera and it got put in the washer by mistake. Jmo and all that jazz.:seeya:

I read Dt Flores report again this afternoon. There were apparently 6 photos of JA and 2 of Travis so there's 3 of JA our eyes have been presently spared from.

I don't think she wanted to get caught; I think at the time she wasn't in the mindset to even consider consequences. Jodi was going to do what Jodi wanted to do, and that's all she was focused on on the way to Travis's. And yes, she IS really dumb, at least in the areas of common sense and reality! We WS'rs are always aware of just how (almost always) impossible it is to get away with murder, but many average people never ever consider what goes into a criminal investigation. Just look at all the idiots on shows like Oxygen's "Snapped", where killers stupidly never take into account things like cell phone pings, receipts, insurance policies and plain old human nature, meaning that people love to run their mouths. I used to teach high school, and sometimes a student would approach me to say "So-and-so is planning on skipping 7th period today..." And usually the "so-and-so" they were telling on was their close friend! I would be like, "Thanks for the info, but can you tell me why you told on your friend?" They'd say "I don't know"!! Point being, people can't keep secrets. Well Jodi didn't tell of any plans to kill TA but she was woefully ignorant about leaving hair/DNA/fingerprints at the crime scene- hello!! She apparently thought turning her phone off would cover her route, never considering how damning that action would be. She would have fared much better admitting she killed TA from the get-go, possibly getting 2nd degree conviction and a chance at regaining her life one day. Her ninja story is so absurd, and so cliche/movie-of-the-week; she had no idea how absurd it sounded. The narcissist in her felt she was perfectly believable. Jodi Arias is a scary, dangerous person. She tries to mask her emotions in court, but her anger/temper comes through anyway. Whenever she is really angry, her face turns a faint pink, spread across her nose and cheeks in a sunburn pattern. She is so deluded, and so grandiose in the way she sees herself. She is a good mimic/parrot when she needs to be seen as "sweet" or "positive," yet she just cannot 'get' how she appears to others.

You're right but its like really dude when I look at her. Everything was carefully planned and within her grasp, but thankfully, she failed epically.

Wasn't there a ten or twenty-minute phone call to Travis the day before she arrived? I'd have to check on the exact time she made the call, but if it was late enough (and if she really arrived around 4 am as she said), then he probably wouldn't have time to tell anyone she was coming over. Besides, why would he tell anyone if he was ashamed of his relationship with Jodi and was supposedly through with her? I think he had to know, and agree to her visit, otherwise she couldn't be sure he would be there in order for her to carry out her plans!

I keep wondering about the picture of the window screen on the ground.

I've never seen this photo--is it one of the crime scene photos?

I do agree with previous posters that if Travis sent the nasty text calling Jodi a sociopath, etc. in May, and that was his last communication with her, then why would he let her in his house that morning at all? They must have smoothed things over via one of those phone calls just before the murder. Travis was a forgiving guy and I believe he wanted to forgive and forget--and if it meant one last go 'round with Jodi for old times' sake, then why not? In a relationship as erratic as theirs, I don't find this hard to believe.

This may be somewhat o/t, but the nature of their relationship goes to why JA used a knife, even though she had a gun. Knives are often the murder weapon of choice when it's personal, because it's an extension of one's self. It's more expressive, more brutal, and a stab in the heart can be symbolic of the pain the jilted lover feels. I know this sounds a little "out there," and by no means is it a rule because there are many exceptions, but weapon of choice is obviously an important detail in psychological profiling.

Exactly, Phoebeb. Don't bang your poor head, because it makes no sense. Jodi didn't want anyone to know she was there, so the idea that she somehow staged those nude pictures, with KY jelly yet, and that she and Travis didn't really have sex, but she wanted it to appear as if they did just to ruin his reputation--well, this is absurd. Plus, there are apparently pictures never shown of them engaged in sex acts. Flores alluded to those photos in his interrogation with Jodi.

So. They had sex. They took pictures. After she killed him, she deleted the photos and threw the camera into the washing machine to ruin it. She did not want anyone to know she was there. Period. That she didn't do a good job of getting rid of the evidence is beside the point.

Simpler explanations are best.

Also, I think he knew she was coming to his house. He waited up for her, and watched YouTube videos for something to do. She described what he was watching on Youtube, and his computer records confirm this. Saying that she went through his computer history to make up this part of the story is unnecessarily complicated. It would be much easier for her to get into his house with a friendly, peaceful, and perhaps apologetic demeanor and approach.

He wouldn't have announced to anyone that she was coming to visit because he was ashamed, and because there would be a chance that Mimi would find out via gossip. He would have tried to hide their activities from his roommates, as he had always done in the past. Jodi could more or less depend on these conditions.

I vote no, he didn't know she was coming. It was a stealth attack. JA came loaded for bear, with the intent to kill. One of those "If I can't have you, no one can" things. And I agree with others who said perhaps she expected Mimi to be in bed with Travis and she would have killed her, too.

Something for us to consider: In trying to think outside the box I realized there is something that has always bothered me about Travis' roomate finding the furniture moved and the new floor cleaner assembled and sitting out in the living room area.

In re-examining the photos of Travis' house, I looked again at the master bedroom closet with its precisely lined up clothing and shoes and his office with items placed carefully. Travis obviously liked things to be neat; and judging by the closet, very neat.

So would this man, who liked things to be very neat, leave a table pushed aside and pieces of furniture sitting atop the sofa cushions if he knew he was expecting a visitor? Or even if he wasn't expecting a visitor, would he leave a floor cleaner just sitting there?

What if Travis had assembled the new floor cleaner and had moved the furniture in preparation for using the floor cleaner when he was interrupted by the unexpected arrival of Jodi at his door?

Jodi could have not arrived at Travis' house until as late as say, an hour before the sex photos were taken. And maybe she did park in the driveway, but it would have been after the roomate had gone to work.

She could have arrived in town at 4:00 am and then slept somwhere in her car, which she has stated she would do when traveling long distances.

If this is what she did, why lie about the timing of her arrival?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back