Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.5%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
I have to say that I really don't know. At first, I thought maybe she called him kind of at the last minute - like maybe around midnight or so. But then I saw that interrogation tape where Det. Flores is using a map he drew on a tablet and pointing out where her phone stopped pinging. So unless she had another phone with her, she was not using her phone and it was not being picked up on cell towers per Det. Flores.

I do not know what time she arrived, but don't necessarily believe her tidy little story. I absolutely do not think she parked in his driveway. Yes, the roomate would have noticed a strange car. So she parked somewhere else. Which could very well lead to the whole sneaking in thing.

But I do think they had sex, based on the appearance of both his and her (ugh) genitalia. How did she talk him into it? I really don't think it would have been all THAT difficult if she was right there in front of him, slinging some story about just wanting to say goodbye. He was obviously a horny dude, and there she was.

And I agree that we will likely never really know how it really went down.

RE: Mimi - I just realized JA died her hair brown in 3/08, the very same month TA goes his first 3 dates with Mimi. That must've been so bizarre, she was trying to mold into what she thought he wanted. :what:
There's that too, but Lisa was a blonde... and Jodi is a natural brunette, was blonde when she rented the car, and dyed it on the trip down to disguise herself because everybody in Mesa knew her as a blonde.

Not to be :what: but then what was the KY on the bed, and his penis looked like it had engaged in some sort of activity (red). This from the image of him on the bed. I do believe they had sex that day (6/4).

Just my opinion.

Mel
Apparently there are other photos in Police possession of the sexual acts in progress from what I have read.

I voted "no" he didn't know.

You don't plan a murder, drive all that way undetected with murder weapons and an alibi and tell the person you are going to kill you are on your way. Too dangerous. He may have texted her saying "hey, are you almost here"?

If he was expecting her I believe there would have been more phone communication as she got closer to his house. She says he supposedly waited up for him. If he did I think there would have been texting back and forth or calls. "hey Travis, I should be there in another hour, just stopping for gas". You know...the kind of communication "normal" people would have on a road trip.

I think he was sleeping when she got there and she got in through the doggie door and crawled naked into his bed and "woke" him up if you know what I mean. Prior to that I think she checked his computer and that is why there is activity on it at 4 a.m. Stalk his email, then go look at something innocuous such as YouTube then go hop in bed and start her seduction. Sex was the only thing she had.

I voted "other- yes and no" but after reading other posts changed my mind to "NO" and beleive a senerio similar to this, like KMouse.

I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO

Consider the source and the INTENTIONAL phone calls. HLN get's it wrong everyday. Vinnie P has to correct the other TH's.

On June 26th, he told her she was evil, called her a sociopath, and said she was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Two days later her grandfather reported his gun stolen. He did not know she was coming. Shes not going to rent a car, dye her hair, turn off the phone before the Arizona boarder, and then announce her arrival.

Wow, that's a big coincidence, I only learned about her for the first time today and had just closed a tab before I read your post!

She killed her ex husband and his new wife - walked in and shot them while they slept.

Here's the wikipedia page.
Betty Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember this case. She said she did not go there to kill them. She claims she went there to commit suicude in front of them. She wanted to tell them " look what you made me do". She said her x knew all the DAs and the judges so there was no child support enforcement. Her ex was loaded. He refused to pay. His new wife would send her postcards that said "eat your heart out *****"everytime they went on vacation. She said she turned the gun on them at the last moment .

Does it make me a bad person if I really enjoyed the Betty Broderick TV movie? That was awesome tv. And I really liked the Drew Peterson one.

She had Travis' Facebook and e-mail passwords and Travis was on the computer the night Jodi was headed for his place. He would have had to keep up with his network of PPL people and advising them of his comings and goings. Plus lots of his social life would have been arranged or discussed online and he probably USED his online calendar to keep track of both his work and social schedule. Most "flirts" keep their Facebook window open and their chat on, when they are online. Which would have been a big hint that Travis was home and not in bed with another woman the night before he was murdered.

I think Jodi hacked into Travis' computer several times a day to keep up with his comings and goings. That way she could be "involved" in his life and feel close to him even when they were hundreds of miles apart and Travis wasn't speaking to her.

Despite the DV's expert opinion, I think Jodi stalked and went after her man with the same gusto that Seal Team 6 went after Bin Laden.

IMO

I think you are right. She never lost the phone with sex tape. She had two phones with her when she went to see Travis. Were smart phones around in 2008? Did she use the other phone to keep track of what he was doing on the computer while she traveling to his house?

They had kind of smart phones- the iPhone came out 1st gen in 07 but it was only on AT&T and was 600 bucks maybe more. Blackberrys and sidekicks were around, but not as good as now. She had a helio- the MySpace phone which was not so great- bad rep. With her income, she probably had that helio and maybe a prepaid phone. Those have been around forever. Oh and only recently could you get iPhones prepaid and they're six hundred with no protection plan FYI. Not worth it. I doubt she had an iPhone.

I am of the mind that it is a yes and no answer.

Yes, he knew she had the potential to show up.

No, he did not invite her or ask her to come. Honestly, in the recording she mentions going to Utah. He knew she was going. Maybe she shared what the plan was.

As time went by on 6/3 and 6/4 he thought he was safe and she wasn't going to show up. She probably had mentioned at least once in those calls that day she wanted to stop by.

I don't think he asked her to come, but I don't think he knew for a fact she wouldn't show up. He was already well aware of her stalking, showing up unannounced.

K

On June 26th, he told her she was evil, called her a sociopath, and said she was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Two days later her grandfather reported his gun stolen. He did not know she was coming. Shes not going to rent a car, dye her hair, turn off the phone before the Arizona boarder, and then announce her arrival.

I keep wondering about the picture of the window screen on the ground.

I wanted to add to my post about JA going in through the doggie door. We know she had done this in the past. She couldn't just arrive and ring the doorbell or knock because that could wake the roommate(s) up too. JA had to get in and get out without anybody else hearing or seeing her. That would also mean not turning lights on inside the house. If that was done there was a chance a neighbor or passer by would remember seeing the lights on 4 a.m.

Yeah she had to have did the doggy door thing at dark time because I know if any of his neighbors saw that for sure the police would have been called.

Wow...you guys are smart. I truly had no idea. So, did she go in the doggie door and he found her on the couch?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187
Back