Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is alot in there. Good stuff. Too bad it's all tainted with the sources cited.

Has anyone posted one family is more "entitled" than the other? I think the general consensus is a reopening of BOTH cases.

That's a good consensus.

There was much in those reports that was compelling. The science was NOT dependent on Wikipedia or blog posts. If your Internist gives you a diagnosis based on his training and experience...then tells you he read in People that Kim Karadashian has the same problem...that does not refute his expertise. It does not mean that he is wrong.

Let the cases be reopened. Until more is known, we can and should be equally supportive of BOTH grieving families. Anything that can be "supposed" about one set of loving sisters...has a counterpart that could be "suspected" of two OTHER loving sisters.

Unfortunately, neither the local LE nor AG agrees that it should be re-investigated. It's their call. Voters can always cast them out of office if they don't like the decisions being made.

JMO

According to the Zahau attornies, the California AG is still reviewing the cases. A decision has not been made.

That's a good consensus.

There was much in those reports that was compelling. The science was NOT dependent on Wikipedia or blog posts. If your Internist gives you a diagnosis based on his training and experience...then tells you he read in People that Kim Karadashian has the same problem...that does not refute his expertise. It does not mean that he is wrong.

Let the cases be reopened. Until more is known, we can and should be equally supportive of BOTH grieving families. Anything that can be "supposed" about one set of loving sisters...has a counterpart that could be "suspected" of two OTHER loving sisters.

I'm not of the opinion that RZ's case should be re-opened. I've always believed it was a suicide. My sympathy to her family.

JMO

According to the Zahau attornies, the California AG is still reviewing the cases. A decision has not been made.

I've not seen any request to the California AG to review MS' case. A link would be appreciated. Thanks.

JMO

It wouldn't make any sense to re-open both cases. LE did initially investigate RZ's case as a murder and now seems confident that RZ committed suicide and the trigger for it was Max's horrific condition. Suicide fits with the circumstances, especially if Max's condition was her fault. Dina mentioned her fears about his safety while with RZ and her fears seem to be justified in the most awful way.

JMO

RZ would not be dead today if Max was alive. To determin "why/how" MS fell and how RZ died requires both cases to be open. LE didnt investigate Max's fall until after RZ's death - the two deaths are intertwined. Marty Rudoy, attorney, for Zahau family has stated discrepancies in the RZ investagiton that is compelling, apparently, enough to have the RZ case reopened.

It is ludicrous but I haven't seen any indication that Dina or anyone else thinks LE would reopen Max's case based solely on a report. Dina hired two respected experts to look into the death of her child. LE certainly haven't denounced the experts or their reports.

Many families hire their own investigators prior to filing a wrongful death action, which she can file without LE re-opening their investigation into Max's death.

JMO

BBM: Maybe that's what Dina is after..money.. maybe she plans to sue Jonah because he left Maxie with Rebecca, when he apparently was not allowed to. According to Dina.

RZ would not be dead today if Max was alive. To determin "why/how" MS fell and how RZ died requires both cases to be open. LE didnt investigate Max's fall until after RZ's death - the two deaths are intertwined. Marty Rudoy, attorney, for Zahau family has stated discrepancies in the RZ investagiton that is compelling, apparently, enough to have the RZ case reopened.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it is impossible to know that RZ would still be alive or whether any suicide victim would be still alive a year later "if only....." LE DID investigate Max's fall prior to her death because Max's AR mentions LE reports.

Families that get upset with LE investigations aren't all that unique these days. Other than make an official request, not much else they can do to force LE or the AG to launch a new investigation.

JMO

BBM: Maybe that's what Dina is after..money.. maybe she plans to sue Jonah because he left Maxie with Rebecca, when he apparently was not allowed to. According to Dina.

I won't blame her one bit if she sued him. The guy ignored her requests and her worst fears came true. Wrongful death lawsuits are always about money, aren't they?

JMO

I won't blame her one bit if she sued him. The guy ignored her requests and her worst fears came true. Wrongful death lawsuits are always about money, aren't they?

JMO

I would ignore her insane request also. Rebecca was his finacee, or actually, Almost his finacee, since she died before the big announcement.

Jonah was with Rebecca for two years, the demands Dina placed on that relationship are abusive towards the relationship between Jonah and Rebecca.. Dina couldn't just let go and accept that Jonah loved Rebecca, so she had to continue weasel her way in there, using Maxie, placing non-sense demands.

IMO, Dina is one of those crazy ex-wives, that use their children as pons, can't let go of their ex-husband that does not want them no longer.

I would ignore her insane request also. Rebecca was his finacee, or actually, Almost his finacee, since she died before the big announcement.

Jonah was with Rebecca for two years, the demands Dina placed on that relationship are abusive towards the relationship between Jonah and Rebecca.. Dina couldn't just let go and accept that Jonah loved Rebecca, so she had to continue weasel her way in there, using Maxie, placing non-sense demands.

IMO, Dina is one of those crazy ex-wives, that use their children as pons, can't let go of their ex-husband that does not want them no longer.

nonsense demand? The child died a horrific death. I don't find it at all respectful for his life to suggest that his mother's attempt to protect him was "crazy."

JMO

nonsense demand? The child died a horrific death. I don't find it at all respectful for his life to suggest that his mother's attempt to protect him was "crazy."

JMO

I am talking of the demands she placed on Jonah & Rebecca's relationship. Rebecca was no allowed to attend school functions, yet was allowed to tend to Maxie's needs behind closed doors?? crazy demands? IMO yes.

I'd like to now if Jonah controlled Donas relationship with her BF? were there "rules" set by Jonah, to interfered in that? I doubt it.

It's almost like Rebecca was "allowed" to love Maxie's behind closed doors, but, not in public... Wonder how confused Maxie was about this, I wonder if he wondered what Rebecca could not come to his school functions?? this is why I say Dina used her child as a pon, in her game of life.

IMO, Dina could not let Jonah happy, she was sure to make his life a living hell. I think this behavior of Dina would have been with any woman Jonah was dating.

DS is going on Dr. Drew again today

Tonight: The Coronado mansion death mystery
By Reid Binion
updated 12:36 PM EDT, Mon August 13, 2012
Tonight on the Dr. Drew show: The Coronado Mansion death mystery - what really happened to little Max Shacknai? His mother Dina talks to Dr Drew about her determination to have her son's death re-investigated. Was he beaten before the fatal fall? Did he fall during a desperate attempt to flee his abuser? Also, Beth Holloway reaches out to Dina on coping with a child's death in the media spotlight and how to move on.
http://www.hlntv.com/shows/dr-drew

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it is impossible to know that RZ would still be alive or whether any suicide victim would be still alive a year later "if only....." LE DID investigate Max's fall prior to her death because Max's AR mentions LE reports.

Families that get upset with LE investigations aren't all that unique these days. Other than make an official request, not much else they can do to force LE or the AG to launch a new investigation.

JMO

So, do you think if Max had not had the horrific accident that RZ would have still suffered her tragic demise? Nowhere could I find that RZ was suicidal - none! So it would be very speculative to think that if Max had not suffered the tragedy that RZ would have committed suicide for some unknow reason! Instead, it is far less of a speculation to state there is some association between the two events. Yes, we can choose to disagree, but your positon if I interpreted correctly seems unlikely. Enlighten me if I missed something.

So, do you think if Max had not had the horrific accident that RZ would have still suffered her tragic demise?

I think it is very possible another trigger could have resulted in the same outcome.

JMO

I am talking of the demands she placed on Jonah & Rebecca's relationship. Rebecca was no allowed to attend school functions, yet was allowed to tend to Maxie's needs behind closed doors?? crazy demands? IMO yes.

I'd like to now if Jonah controlled Donas relationship with her BF? were there "rules" set by Jonah, to interfered in that? I doubt it.

It's almost like Rebecca was "allowed" to love Maxie's behind closed doors, but, not in public... Wonder how confused Maxie was about this, I wonder if he wondered what Rebecca could not come to his school functions?? this is why I say Dina used her child as a pon, in her game of life.

IMO, Dina could not let Jonah happy, she was sure to make his life a living hell. I think this behavior of Dina would have been with any woman Jonah was dating.

With all due respect, I personally am not aware of any "demands" that DS placed on her ex's relationship with RZ that were all that unreasonable. I doubt it was Dina who was allowing RZ to tend to Max's needs "behind closed doors." Max had a voice and it is entirely possible that HE was uncomfortable with RZ and that HE is the one behind Dina's requests that you continue to call, "crazy." This thread is about Max's death, not Rebecca's.

JMO

Personally, I don't think the request that Rebecca not attend Max's school functions was unreasonable. She was not engaged to Jonah yet. And Dina has personal experience that says Jonah seems to go from woman to woman. I would not want my ex's girlfriend to attend school functions. A fiancee would be different. Think about if Rebecca and Jonah happened to break up and Jonah kept bringing new and different "girlfriends" to school functions, that would not be good at all. In my humble opinion, I think I would want the same thing Dina did.

Only my opinion...

Were JS and RZ that happy? That too is speculation. What proof is there of intent to marry? A lot of women think that and sadly find it never happens. A lot of families expect that...but it never comes.

In Sept. JS had his lawyer file a "cease and desist" against RZ's family and their lawyer. It seems that he thought that malicious misinformation was coming from THEM. He has not filed anything against DS, has he?

A few weeks later, something like a PR statement about BOTH deaths was sent asking for reviews.

No one knows a relationship but the two people in it.

Maybe DS could have cared less who JS was with. She is a beautiful, very educated woman. But maybe she was ONLY very concerned about those interacting with her only child.

I don't think there is any doubt that Max was the center of her world.

When JS left DS she was his WIFE...thereby guaranteed certain financial security. She was also a professional with advanced degrees.

Poor RZ had neither of these advantages and no security if JS turned on her. And his child had been gravely injured while in her care.

Did she feel reassured, loved, secure after that voice mail?

It is ludicrous but I haven't seen any indication that Dina or anyone else thinks LE would reopen Max's case based solely on a report. Dina hired two respected experts to look into the death of her child. LE certainly haven't denounced the experts or their reports.

Many families hire their own investigators prior to filing a wrongful death action, which she can file without LE re-opening their investigation into Max's death.

JMO

True, a wrongful death suit can be filed any time. The statute of limitiations in California is 2 years from the date of death, according to several sources. If that is correct, a wrongful death suit could be file up until July 16, 2013 for Max. Certainly suits could be filed now, but with Max's death ruled an accident, and Rebecca's death ruled a suicide, NEITHER family would be likely to prevail in their quest. To pave the way for either family to be more likely to succeed, the manner of death would have to be reclassified as homicide or undetermined. To get the manner of death reclassified for either case requires reopening the cases.

Particularly in the case of Max's death, a ruling of accident makes an allegation of wrongful death an uphill battle, whether the estate of RZ is named, or Jonah, or both. And Rebecca has to be painted as responsible in some way for Max's death in order to go after Jonah. Otherwise, the jury is all going to be scratching their heads and wondering why they are there, IMO.

I don't think that either family will ever find closure by filing civil suits.

But regardless, the next 11 months will be interesting to see what happens legally. I predict DS will file a suit against Jonah, but unless Max's death can be reclassified homicide, I don't see how a jury could find him responsible. JMO.

True, a wrongful death suit can be filed any time. The statute of limitiations in California is 2 years from the date of death, according to several sources. If that is correct, a wrongful death suit could be file up until July 16, 2013 for Max. Certainly suits could be filed now, but with Max's death ruled an accident, and Rebecca's death ruled a suicide, NEITHER family would be likely to prevail in their quest. To pave the way for either family to be more likely to succeed, the manner of death would have to be reclassified as homicide or undetermined. To get the manner of death reclassified for either case requires reopening the cases.

Particularly in the case of Max's death, a ruling of accident makes an allegation of wrongful death an uphill battle, whether the estate of RZ is named, or Jonah, or both. And Rebecca has to be painted as responsible in some way for Max's death in order to go after Jonah. Otherwise, the jury is all going to be scratching their heads and wondering why they are there, IMO.

I don't think that either family will ever find closure by filing civil suits.

But regardless, the next 11 months will be interesting to see what happens legally. I predict DS will file a suit against Jonah, but unless Max's death can be reclassified homicide, I don't see how a jury could find him responsible. JMO.

I doubt closure is what Dina is seeking. I think she wants to ensure Max receives justice and that nobody profits from his death such as book deals or movies. She can file a wrongful death action against Jonah, RZ's estate and RZ's sister and anybody else for that matter. Doesn't mean she'll win but she can sure try.

Wrongful death actions are routinely won in courtrooms in deaths ruled as accidents--car crashes or someone falls off a ladder on your property are but two of many examples. Jonah had a duty to ensure his home was safe for Max no matter whether the staircase was at fault or the care giver. That said, I also fully expect Jonah to settle out of court.

JMO

Agree. The controlling manner of Dina is reminiscent of abusive exes who are unwilling to let go of their significant others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove