Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dina isn't looking for publicity, she's looking for justice for her son. At least that's what she has said publicly. Until Dina publicly questions the ME's conclusion of suicide in RZ's death, I doubt she will view any book as an opportunity that will benefit her or Max.

JMO

BBM

I disagree rather strongly that Dina has not had the goal of seeking publicity in her quest to bring attention to her theory of how Max died.

She has made rounds of cable TV talk shows, had her Public Relations firm release information about her theories (at least one summary of which was unauthored and unsourced), and given numerous, very lengthy interviews for print and audio media outlets that outline in great detail her suspicions and theories about Rebecca’s involvement in Max’s death. She has started a public blog/ website in her quest, and a change.org petition drive, and has an internet presence with those, as well as the nonprofit she has founded based on her theories that Max was in an unsafe situation in his blended family.So, I strongly disagree that she is not seeking publicity.

I do not doubt that her use of publicity is for the purpose of furthering her theories of how Max died, and that she believes she is seeking justice for that theoretical scenario. I do believe she is grieving, but I also believe she has a very deliberate plan devised by her team of attorneys and PR people that makes use of public interest to further her stated goals of having Max’s case reopened. She has also publicly stated that a wrongful death suit is her "last resort", so there can be no doubt that she is seriously considering civil litigation.

I would be very happy to see Max’s case reopened, in conjunction with Rebecca’s case, because I believe reinvestigation of both cases will bring more solid proof and answers to each case. I believe that reopening Max’s case will also demonstrate more evidence that Rebecca did not commit suicide. I know that seems remote to a few.

So, I do believe that “any” publicity that draws official attention, and public attention, to these 2 cases is good for both cases. That’s why I think Dina should welcome the coming attention with Ann Rule’s book, and I hope she is able to put together a plan to use this book release to her advantage. Any attention is good for both cases. I hope the Zahaus’ also will make use of this opportunity.

It is possible that there will be nothing in Ann Rule’s book that will support Dina’s theories of how Max died. Yet, there are still many ways to use that to her advantage. Her PR firm can advise her.

And I will state again, it’s my opinion that the best way for both families to persuade authorities to reopen the cases, is to give the impression to the public and the authorities that they are BOTH united in this quest. Their respective lawyers can work out how that is launched.

I definitely would be interested in seeing Ann Rule, the Zahau family representatives, Dina, and Dr. Phil (or Dr. Drew) engage in a publicly broadcast conversation.

I think Dina would be foolish to treat Ann Rule’s book release with silence, or anything like disdain. Ann Rule has a large population of loyal readers. Dina should welcome the publicity, and the opportunities that come with it, imo. For furthering the truth of what happened to Max.

KZ, I have to agree with many of your comments. First, I believe both cases should be reopened and working in conjunction with one another would bring good publicity to both cases. There is power in numbers! Maybe both families could get the signatures needed for their petitions. Dina does not need to agree with the Zahau family to work with their lawyers and vice versa. Both families have a similar opinion, LE failed their loved one. Both families do not feel justice was served by the LE agencies involved in their cases. This is common ground for both families. LE's shoddy investigations are a grievance both families share. Same agencies and departments. Again, there is power in numbers.

In my opinion, Dina will use Ann's book release for her own publicity. Dina has already shown this to be her or her PR firms pattern. Nina's phone interview was released just days before the first Dr. Phil show. Maxie's HOUSE and the request to reopen his investigation were announced on the anniversary of Max's death. Max's investigative reports by Melinek and Bove were released very close to the second Dr. Phil Show. I suspect we will hear something new from Dina around this time. Possibly even something new from the Zahau's and Anne Bremner?

CuriousGeorgia I'm curious too. How do you know all these things? Were you present with them or do you know them personally? Who told you these things? How do you know that this information is factual?

How did you know:

A.) Rebecca was not banned.

B.) Rebecca was at Mc Donald's with Jonah and Adam.

C.) Rebecca declined to see Max.

Just curious. Tia.

BBM

I disagree rather strongly that Dina has not had the goal of seeking publicity in her quest to bring attention to her theory of how Max died.

She has made rounds of cable TV talk shows, had her Public Relations firm release information about her theories (at least one summary of which was unauthored and unsourced), and given numerous, very lengthy interviews for print and audio media outlets that outline in great detail her suspicions and theories about Rebecca’s involvement in Max’s death. She has started a public blog/ website in her quest, and a change.org petition drive, and has an internet presence with those, as well as the nonprofit she has founded based on her theories that Max was in an unsafe situation in his blended family.So, I strongly disagree that she is not seeking publicity.

I do not doubt that her use of publicity is for the purpose of furthering her theories of how Max died, and that she believes she is seeking justice for that theoretical scenario. I do believe she is grieving, but I also believe she has a very deliberate plan devised by her team of attorneys and PR people that makes use of public interest to further her stated goals of having Max’s case reopened. She has also publicly stated that a wrongful death suit is her "last resort", so there can be no doubt that she is seriously considering civil litigation.

I would be very happy to see Max’s case reopened, in conjunction with Rebecca’s case, because I believe reinvestigation of both cases will bring more solid proof and answers to each case. I believe that reopening Max’s case will also demonstrate more evidence that Rebecca did not commit suicide. I know that seems remote to a few.

So, I do believe that “any” publicity that draws official attention, and public attention, to these 2 cases is good for both cases. That’s why I think Dina should welcome the coming attention with Ann Rule’s book, and I hope she is able to put together a plan to use this book release to her advantage. Any attention is good for both cases. I hope the Zahaus’ also will make use of this opportunity.

It is possible that there will be nothing in Ann Rule’s book that will support Dina’s theories of how Max died. Yet, there are still many ways to use that to her advantage. Her PR firm can advise her.

And I will state again, it’s my opinion that the best way for both families to persuade authorities to reopen the cases, is to give the impression to the public and the authorities that they are BOTH united in this quest. Their respective lawyers can work out how that is launched.

I definitely would be interested in seeing Ann Rule, the Zahau family representatives, Dina, and Dr. Phil (or Dr. Drew) engage in a publicly broadcast conversation.

I think Dina would be foolish to treat Ann Rule’s book release with silence, or anything like disdain. Ann Rule has a large population of loyal readers. Dina should welcome the publicity, and the opportunities that come with it, imo. For furthering the truth of what happened to Max.

BBM

It seems to me Dina Romano would submit her 'experts' conclusions to the DA, if shut down, then to the AG so she (AG) may to take a look-see at Maxie's case. That would seem the route to take if Dina Romano really wants 'justice' for Maxie.

If she really believes Maxie was intentionally assaulted and the assault resulted in his 'murder', and she really believes her experts conclusions are valid...why not submit them to the DA and/or the AG? Why go the route of a civil case? IMO, a civil case would not end with the 'justice' Dina Romano is seeking for Maxie.

BBM

BBM

I agree both cases should be reopened and publicity to make that happen is definitely a good thing. However, IMO Dina's approach to publicity is one-sided with the intention of diminishing the effort to reopen RZ's case. She doesn't want that case reopened. IMO, she only wants to put maximum pressure on Jonah to give her money, to reach a financial settlement of some sort. I'm not even sure that she would continue to push for reopening Max's case if Jonah were to provide her some financial compensation.

Her only motivation in this situation is to brand RZ an abuser or murderess. While I'm sure she is grieving over Max's death, enough time has passed and enough facts have been revealed that even she must realize it would be nearly impossible to build a criminal case that Rebecca murdered Max. Pursuing criminal charges against a dead woman wouldn't accomplish anything for DS, only a wrongful death suit against Jonah would offer her remuneration. DS already has enough evidence to start a wrongful death suit, though its unlikely she would win.

But continuing to use every PR opportunity to accuse RZ of murder allows DS to reduce the likelihood that Rebecca's case will be reopened.

MOO

BBM

It seems to me Dina Romano would submit her 'experts' conclusions to the DA, if shut down, then to the AG so she (AG) may to take a look-see at Maxie's case. That would seem the route to take if Dina Romano really wants 'justice' for Maxie.

If she really believes Maxie was intentionally assaulted and the assault resulted in his 'murder', and she really believes her experts conclusions are valid...why not submit them to the DA and/or the AG? Why go the route of a civil case? IMO, a civil case would not end with the 'justice' Dina Romano is seeking for Maxie.

BBM - yes, this is the LOGICAL route not the Senate and so forth either. Something seems off about all this if you want a case reopened and reinvestigated.

BBM

I do not believe either case will be reopened and such efforts have been a waste of time for both families.

But why would Dina want to help Ann Rule profit from a tragedy that started with the loss of her son's life? Cable and afternoon entertainment shows are hardly places that result in justice served. I have never seen either Dr. Phil or Dr. Drew and don't know anybody who watches those type of shows. I think Dina's lawyer knows best for her client.

Dina mourned her son privately for a year and then sought publicity for the non-profit organization she formed to honor her child. Such an endeavor does usually involve publicity. Her son's case doesn't have to be re-opened for her to pursue her path.

JMO

Sorry but Rebecca's trainer is not qualified to say what she is capable of doing. IMO

What happened to the petition to reopen RZ's case?

I heard White House will respond if more than 5000 signatures are gathered. That's what I heard in the ohio rape case.
There were 2 petitions to reopen RZ's case:

"California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris: Open an Independent Investigation into the death of Rebecca Zahau" was closed with 1,572 signatures

"Justice for Rebecca" petitioned by Neil Nalepa was closed with 1,643 signatures

A total of 3,215 with the two combined, but no way of knowing how many signed both petitions.

Interesting that the White House will respond if more than 5000. Had never heard that before. Thanks KarenM.

What happened to the petition to reopen RZ's case?

I heard White House will respond if more than 5000 signatures are gathered. That's what I heard in the ohio rape case.

Link for the White House info please.

There were 2 petitions to reopen RZ's case:

"California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris: Open an Independent Investigation into the death of Rebecca Zahau" was closed with 1,572 signatures

"Justice for Rebecca" petitioned by Neil Nalepa was closed with 1,643 signatures

A total of 3,215 with the two combined, but no way of knowing how many signed both petitions.

Interesting that the White House will respond if more than 5000. Had never heard that before. Thanks KarenM.

There is a timeframe requirement too.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/09/02/answering-your-questions-about-we-people

The above is the link. As of september 2011, the initial threshold for a petition to be reviewed by the White House and get a response is 5,000 signatures in 30 days. But looks like the requirement has been updated and raised. The new requirement is:

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

The White House "We-the-People" petitions are separate from Change.org petitions.

Looks like the Rebecca Zahau petitions and the Max Shacknai one are only on Change.org and not on the White House petition website.

Evidently the two Zahau petitions were started prior to the founding of the White House "We the people" petition site on September 22, 2011.

The Max petition was created this year 2012 sometime after Maxie's House was founded. IMO, if Dina was serious about getting Max's case reopened, she should have created the petition at whitehouse.gov.

Of course, both Zahaus and Dina could still create petitions at the whitehouse.gov today and try to obtain 25,000 signatures in 30 days to solicit a response from the White House.

The White House "We-the-People" petitions are separate from Change.org petitions.

Looks like the Rebecca Zahau petitions and the Max Shacknai one are only on Change.org and not on the White House petition website.

Evidently the two Zahau petitions were started prior to the founding of the White House "We the people" petition site on September 22, 2011.

The Max petition was created this year 2012 sometime after Maxie's House was founded. IMO, if Dina was serious about getting Max's case reopened, she should have created the petition at whitehouse.gov.

Of course, both Zahaus and Dina could still create petitions at the whitehouse.gov today and try to obtain 25,000 signatures in 30 days to solicit a response from the White House.

Thanks bourne, I was just wondering if people were confusing the two.

I disagree about asking the White House to respond to this and many other petitions people are putting on there. For one, I think it is ineffective and a waste of time. For two, maybe related, there are tooooo many petitions that are not directly related to gaining Gov level involvement (or the California Senate? wrong). Far more effective to go to the people who can do something about the issue and/or who should be accountable. You'd have to show how egregious a case was treated in order to move up.

Thanks bourne, I was just wondering if people were confusing the two.

I disagree about asking the White House to respond to this and many other petitions people are putting on there. For one, I think it is ineffective and a waste of time. For two, maybe related, there are tooooo many petitions that are not directly related to gaining Gov level involvement (or the California Senate? wrong). Far more effective to go to the people who can do something about the issue and/or who should be accountable. You'd have to show how egregious a case was treated in order to move up.

Hi Time, we finally disagree about something on the Zahau case! :innocent:

Ok, I think any type of governmental involvement, particularly one on the level of the White House, would help promote the reopening of the case(s). That's how politics work. If we have the US President himself stepping in to address the Zahau or Max case, you can bet your bottom dollar that lower level officials, such as the CA AG, would immediately feel compelled to respond in kind.

Even if the petition signatures do not reach the minimum threshold of 25,000 in one month, any publicity would help both cases gain attention and momentum.

I think going to the White House with this is an abuse of that opportunity.

I think going to the White House with this is an abuse of that opportunity.

That's what petitions are for. To create change by making government officials listen to the constituents and act on the petitioners' requests. Why would that be an abusive use of petitions? :what:

Furthermore, when you can't get results from the little guys (e.g., Sheriff Gore, SDLE, etc., your only option would be to go to the top dog). What would be wrong with that? For example, when you encounter problems at a store, and don't get the result you want from the clerk, don't you go to to the supervisor, and if that doesn't work, you go to the CEO, no?

It reminds me of when law enforcement asks for tips in a case and the first tips out of the gate are from the soothsayers reading their balls and leaves.

It used to be that one could email directly any member of the United States Congress and voice their pleasure, displeasure, or make death threats. Now, you can only email directly your own Congress person. I suspect the change had to do with the abuse of the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove