Dina Shacknai wants Max's death reopened; gives ICU pic to media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a very good question, Wendy101, and one that I have also thought about. Jonah presumably does not support what Dina is doing. He could have released a statement thru his attorney in conjunction with Dina's attorney-- just as they did together when they both wanted the media and everyone else to disregard and forget about the accusations and police reports about the domestic assault they both perpetrated at the end of their marriage. They had absolutely no problems putting aside their acrimony and working together on THAT press release-- so I can only conclude with Jonah's silence that he does not agree with what Dina is doing.

Jonah isn't saying anything at all.

If DR can prove RZ harmed MS, is there cause for a civil suit against JS? In a death ruled an accident, I would think it would be more difficult to secure a judgment than one ruled that the girlfriend of the childs father deliberately harmed the child, and the father left that child in her care...
Don't get me wrong, I still totally question the who, what, where and why of Max's fall. But the same goes for RZ's hanging.
If it were my son I would leave no stone unturned in the investigation of his death. I do not blame DR for seeking answers, but I think the RZ is a murderer is a form of tunnel vision that will not elicit the truth.

Dina was accounted for during the time of Rebecca's murder. She was never considered a suspect. <modsnip> .then Max falls in that strange way? And Rebecca didn't want to talk about it or call back detectives? Then she hangs herself? I can only imagine the horror that Dina has had to deal with due to Rebecca. I think she has been VERY polite under the circumstances. If I thought someone killed my only little, sweet boy, I'd NOT be so nice.

JMO

She paid a Doctor to say that RZ murdered MS; I wonder what she would have paid someone to do something to RZ....just saying :waitasec: not accusing

I think that's a very good question, Wendy101, and one that I have also thought about. Jonah presumably does not support what Dina is doing. He could have released a statement thru his attorney in conjunction with Dina's attorney-- just as they did together when they both wanted the media and everyone else to disregard and forget about the accusations and police reports about the domestic assault they both perpetrated at the end of their marriage. They had absolutely no problems putting aside their acrimony and working together on THAT press release-- so I can only conclude with Jonah's silence that he does not agree with what Dina is doing.

Jonah isn't saying anything at all.

K_Z, I concur with what you say and would venture to guess that he may even be embarrased by Dina's antics.

I don't think he would want to associate himself with her goings on. After all he did divorce her. Something she apparently did not want. Since divorce can be a costly option especially for the wealthy then there may have been compelling reasons to which we are not privy.

It is understandable that Jonah and Dina would work together to jointly respond to the press releases. This endeavor benefited both of them by attempting to minimize their past history of domestic violence.

Dina was accounted for during the time of Rebecca's murder. She was never considered a suspect. <modsnip> then Max falls in that strange way? And Rebecca didn't want to talk about it or call back detectives? Then she hangs herself? I can only imagine the horror that Dina has had to deal with due to Rebecca. I think she has been VERY polite under the circumstances. If I thought someone killed my only little, sweet boy, I'd NOT be so nice.

JMO

BBM
You know this, how? It appears to be a statement of fact. Links/sources?

K_Z, I concur with what you say and would venture to guess that he may even be embarrased by Dina's antics.

I don't think he would want to associate himself with her goings on. After all he did divorce her. Something she apparently did not want. Since divorce can be a costly option especially for the wealthy then there may have been compelling reasons to which we are not privy.

It is understandable that Jonah and Dina would work together to jointly respond to the press releases. This endeavor benefited both of them by attempting to minimize their past history of domestic violence.

Since we have no way of knowing, one could equally venture to guess that he is embarassed by his past association with RZ. He might feel tremendous guilt for bringing her into his family, subjecting his children to her presence..and therefore not want his guilt to be absolutely confirmed.

WE do not know.

When all the facts are murky, it 's easy for any of us to create fictional scenarios and choose our favorite villians.

I do some work with crime victims and I have to tell you, that almost every single one wants to know every last detail about their family member's deaths. I do not think that Dina has acted in hatred or jealousy, but rather out of love for her only child. Since things did not entirely add up, why fault her if she hired experts to validate or contradict the findings. I certainly would want to know if it were my child.

I don't think anyone faults Dina for wanting answers. I think one of the points of this discussion was to illustrate that Jonah has not made a statement that he supports Dina's belief that Max's injuries were intentional as opposed to accidental.

Since we have no way of knowing, one could equally venture to guess that he is embarassed by his past association with RZ. He might feel tremendous guilt for bringing her into his family, subjecting his children to her presence..and therefore not want his guilt to be absolutely confirmed.

WE do not know.

When all the facts are murky, it 's easy for any of us to create fictional scenarios and choose our favorite villians.

Your point is well taken. However, my purpose was to clarify my own opinion.

I too remember back at the start of the case, it was said that they were NOT formally engaged. And some said she was planning to or considering asking her to marry him, but he had NOT done so yet.

Plenty of rich men give their girlfriends expensive jewelry, sometimes even diamond rings, without actually proposing or calling them engagement rings.

Who are they?

She paid a Doctor to say that RZ murdered MS; I wonder what she would have paid someone to do something to RZ....just saying :waitasec: not accusing

Many people hire experts when they find themselves in overwhelming circumstances. They want answers to questions that cannot otherwise be provided.

That is not an suggestion, is it, that anyone who might hire an expert is more likely then to... WHAT...hire a killer?

A grieving Mother who is trying to find out what happened to her child...hires experts to give her answers...and that means she is likely to have hired someone "to do something to RZ?" What does that mean?

Why would any of us wish to even make such a suggestion, since all we know for sure..Is that there are two tragic deaths and two grieving families who both deserve respect and not to have their grief amplified by unfounded accusation.

You know, it is just possible that there are NO villians here.

WE do not know.

Didn't JS attend RZ's funeral? Didn't he profess his love for RZ...even though he now has another on his arm?

My point is that...none of us know the feelings of these people. It seems to me that speculating about pieces of evidence is one thing...but inventing scenarios about the emotions of strangers is just...fiction-writing.

We know that JS has not commented. We do not know if that means he is "embarrassed" by DS...or embarrassed that he ever dated RZ...or just is trying to move on.

We do not know. We can each choose to create scenarios that are hurtful to DS or hurtful to RZ...but none of this really achieves a purpose.

There is plenty of detail in the facts of the case to be examined. We are not privy to these people's feelings or emotions....then or now.

I don't think anyone faults Dina for wanting answers. I think one of the points of this discussion was to illustrate that Jonah has not made a statement that he supports Dina's belief that Max's injuries were intentional as opposed to accidental.

He possibly could support her belief, we just don't know. I personally think because of his business (stockholders-competitors, etc) he chooses not to make comments to the media which could elicit reactions from the family and impact the business interests.

Jonah was in love with Ms. Zahau - he probably doesn't really want to know the truth...its easier for him for believe Max's death was an accident.

But if I was Dina, and I thought someone had killed my child, I'd be throwing daggers too - dead or not dead.

For someone supposedly in love, I personally find his behavior peculiar. Allegedly calls her on the phone, and leaves a voice message (not even a conversation) to say Max's condition worsened? Then he finds out in a phone call she supposedly killed herself, yet he didn't even come to the scene? The body was there, naked, for hours, and no one seemed to care.

He possibly could support her belief, we just don't know. I personally think because of his business (stockholders-competitors, etc) he chooses not to make comments to the media which could elicit reactions from the family and impact the business interests.

Well, Amalie, I sincerely hope that isn't true. Because I'd hate to think that Jonah would put his business interests ahead of Dina's concern that Max may have been assaulted or murdered, instead of meeting an accidental death.

That would be very harsh, IMO. By all accounts Jonah was a loving father, and devoted to his 3 kids.

Well, Amalie, I sincerely hope that isn't true. Because I'd hate to think that Jonah would put his business interests ahead of Dina's concern that Max may have been assaulted or murdered, instead of meeting an accidental death.

That would be very harsh, IMO. By all accounts Jonah was a loving father, and devoted to his 3 kids.

You missed my point. Any concerns and actions that Jonah may have had or will be taken might not be announced to the media because of his business. Many families do not like to use the media and I think there are strong indications that he might be one of them.

For someone supposedly in love, I personally find his behavior peculiar. Allegedly calls her on the phone, and leaves a voice message (not even a conversation) to say Max's condition worsened? Then he finds out in a phone call she supposedly killed herself, yet he didn't even come to the scene? The body was there, naked, for hours, and no one seemed to care.

Doesn't someone usually leave a voice message when the cell phone is not answered? Or is there a way to make a call that will go straight to voice mail?

I do some work with crime victims and I have to tell you, that almost every single one wants to know every last detail about their family member's deaths. I do not think that Dina has acted in hatred or jealousy, but rather out of love for her only child. Since things did not entirely add up, why fault her if she hired experts to validate or contradict the findings. I certainly would want to know if it were my child.

Is it possible that multiple factors affected Dina's emotions? This would account for why she has certain feelings and beliefs that led to specific choices.

Could multiple factors like a mother's need to know also be combined with a previous jealousy and hatred for Rebecca?

Also, could Dina have some unacknowledged guilt of her own for not being there for her son? It seems that her own guilt could also play into her need to vehemently blame Rebecca for Max's death.

Doesn't someone usually leave a voice message when the cell phone is not answered? Or is there a way to make a call that will go straight to voice mail?

Presumably he could have waited to give her such upsetting news when she picked up the phone in person. And why wasn't she answering her phone, by the way? By the way in her interview with Dr. Drew, Dina seem to say that up until the very end she somehow believed Max was going to be fine. So I am not sure why Rebecca was supposedly informed that condition worsened, while Dina was somehow still under the impression that Max was going to make it.

I don't think the point is the voice message itself. Anyway, it's content cannot be proven because it no longer exists.

I believe the point is why would Jonah leave a message with the purported contend rather than speak to her in person or leave a message asking her to call him?

It seems odd to purport and speculate about what he said and how it effected her when none of it can be proven. So why use non-existent evidence in the investigation of a violent death to support a findings of suicide.

This was one of the first of many red flags in this case that alerted the public to a case of police possibly covering up a murder imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhynonono