Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because police clearly implied she killed herself over a message about Max's condition. Not because JS told her anything over dinner with AS as a witness.

My opinion is that was only an LE theory because there was no note left to tell anyone why she decided on suicide. It is a theory that is respectful to RZ as it portrays her as a compassionate, grief-stricken woman tormented by the loss of a beloved child.

It's one thing to want to know more answers and to ask for another investigation but RZ's family is in attack mode accusing LE, ME, even the child's parents of murder and a coverup. I think RZ's family is seriously misguided if they believe the public will continue to be sympathic.

JMO

My opinion is that was only an LE theory because there was no note left to tell anyone why she decided on suicide. It is a theory that is respectful to RZ as it portrays her as a compassionate, grief-stricken woman tormented by the loss of a beloved child.

It's one thing to want to know more answers and to ask for another investigation but RZ's family is in attack mode accusing LE, ME, even the child's parents of murder and a coverup. I think RZ's family is seriously misguided if they believe the public will continue to be sympathic.

JMO

I find the public reaction fascinating. And it makes me feel a whole lot better that we have a justice system!

I would assume he went to the police (because they have his quote in the search warrant) and the parents with his suspicions. Now the next part is only my opinion: I think the family perhaps chose not to tell RZ any of this because they didn't trust her and couldn't get a clear answer on what happened to MS. I think that could have culminated in her feeling isolated and alone, perhaps made her depressed even more if she was already feeling that there were relationship problems between her and JS (and police have her email messages to her sister and her journal entry about just that).

I doubt the doctor shared any of his suspicions about suffocation with the parents right away. After all, they may have been responsible for all he knew at that point in time.

JMO

I find the public reaction fascinating. And it makes me feel a whole lot better that we have a justice system!

I think the public reaction has been driven by a small group of people and the media has figured this out. It's gone beyond just asking for a new investigation and the accusations at DS are especially inappropriate.

JMO

I doubt the doctor shared any of his suspicions about suffocation with the parents right away. After all, they may have been responsible for all he knew at that point in time.

JMO

That is true, but I think it would have come out fairly quickly that MS was left with a babysitter, and that neither of the parents were home with him at the time of his injury.

How could she have received stitches in her leg when she was picking up the glass with her hands?

Wouldn't the cuts be on her hands?:waitasec:

It clearly stated that XZ cut her leg while cleaning up the chandelier. You would normally kneel on the ground to pick up shards of glass. Especially over a large carpeted area. This also means you may NOT see a piece of glass hidden in the carpet. I can very easily see this happen.

The stitches were to her leg though.....not to her feet.:waitasec:

Id like to know which part of the leg was cut? That sounds more like she was right there when the chandelier came crashing down and shattered and a piece of it went into her leg.

IMO

Please see above response. As to what part of her leg, It says leg, vs thigh.

Maybe she was on her knees trying to pick up glass and got an injury to her leg that way. If she was wounded during Max's accident police should have noted that since they came to the house and XZ was the one making 911 call. XZ would have needed an immediate medical attention, if that was the case. But it's not stated anywhere that XZ had this injury at the time of Max's accident.

Correct, in fact she was transported by police right after the accident and then again, back to the mansion. I hardly see them driving a bleeding 13 year old in the back of a squad car, without offering her help for her wound, if it was present then.

Maybe it took him awhile to confront her about his anger concerning the situation. It all happened very fast. He never got much of a chance to talk with her at all it seems. He went right to the hospital and was focused upon little Max from the start.

Why wouldn't she assume that everything was fine between them? Maybe because the little boy she was in charge of was brain dead. She had to wonder if that was going to be an issue?

Out of necessity she was initially involved in the situation, by going to the airport, etc, but I doubt that JS was acting like everything was fine between them. imoo

I respectfully disagree with some of your statements. From reports concerning Jonah and Dinas relationship, it does not appear that Jonah is slow to anger, or that he treads lightly with those feelings of anger. This of course is imoo, as was your statement.

Also, we know this statement is not entirely true. 'He went right to the hospital and was focused upon little Max from the start.' Who was Howard, who was at the hospital with Jonah? Why didn't Adam bring dinner with him, to visit Jonah, so they could have stayed near Max? What about trips to a hotel, RMcDH, the airport and home to shower and change? Max was not his only concern, nor were he or Dina by Max's bedside around the clock.

There is no reason to believe she didn't go inside the hospital when she brought things for JS and people in to see Max. She never claimed in that e-mail she actually got to see Max in ICU.

One of the reports states that she did visit Max the day Dina went home to sleep for 12 hours. How does someone go home and sleep for 12 hours when their son is critically ill in the hospital? My own opinion of course, but that is an unusual ability to be able to relax and sleep so soundly, for an entire day, when your only child, a six year old, is lying in a hospital bed, fighting for his life.

But doesn't that make it all the more strange that MS, who supposedly fell through a chandelier or had a chandelier fall on him, didn't have a single cut on his hands, feet, or legs?

JMO

First off, it never states he fell 'through a chandelier. Secondly, the chandelier was not found ON Max.

Nobody might have told her that the doctor had this opinion. First of all I don't believe this doctor was running around telling everybody about it. Second of all if DS and her twin wanted to get info out of RN, they might have not wanted to tell RN about their suspicions, because then she would refuse talking to them.

Good point Jenny. Nina seemed to have the need to talk with Rebecca, after Dina spent 12 hours away from the hospital in Coronado. So, what was the motivation for the text and did Dina talk to Jonah about any feelings she had toward the accident and Rebecca? Also, why did Jonah call Dina, at Max's bedside, to tell her Rebecca died?

That is true, but I think it would have come out fairly quickly that MS was left with a babysitter, and that neither of the parents were home with him at the time of his injury.

I think the M.D. would not tip the parents to his findings right away and would leave it to police to interview and find out the details. I do agree with you that the concern would have been expressed very quickly and the parents were no doubt alarmed and angry. I sure would be.

JMO

I think the public reaction has been driven by a small group of people and the media has figured this out. It's gone beyond just asking for a new investigation and the accusations at DS are especially inappropriate.

JMO

If it's all in the name of finding the truth, why didn't the family or family's lawyer ask for a new investigation in the first place? IMO it looks like they didn't want answers from LE. IMO she wanted to provide answers through a civil suit.

She appears to be telling her sisters that she herself is going in and out of the hospital. But that is not true. It appears as though she is lying to her sisters, making it sound like everything was ok between she and Jonah at the time. Which was not true. That makes anything her sisters say about what she told them kind of suspect, imo. It seems like she was trying to put on a front for her family,pretending like she and JS were doing fine together.

How do we know things were not fine between her and Jonah, again?

Thanks - I think I missed that,

Salem

If it's all in the name of finding the truth, why didn't the family or family's lawyer ask for a new investigation in the first place? IMO it looks like they didn't want answers from LE. IMO she wanted to provide answers through a civil suit.

Actually Bremner did ask for the investigation to be re opened and there is not a civil suit filed as far as I am aware. I have not seen any articles or news stories about one anyway?

How do we know things were not fine between her and Jonah, again?

Thanks - I think I missed that,

Salem

Was Shacknai in love with Becky?

Mary hesitates.

“I don’t know. I couldn’t read [them]. I mean, were they affectionate with each other? No, not really. Not in front of us. If I saw them, I probably wouldn’t get that impression. Becky told me that she did love him but that she was disappointed in a lot of ways because he wouldn’t…she was disappointed in his [teenaged] kids, [how] they were allowed to be openly rude to her. Those other two children didn’t want her, period. They resented her. And Jonah would not defend her [against them], stop that. Not really. Not by my impression.”

By this summer, it was coming to a crunch for Rebecca.

“We talked about it; that if the teenaged kids’ behavior doesn’t improve she was considering telling Jonah at the end of this summer that she…needed to have some time to herself.

“I don’t know if she ended up telling him or not.”

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/

Actually Bremner did ask for the investigation to be re opened and there is not a civil suit filed as far as I am aware. I have not seen any articles or news stories about one anyway?

She just now asked for one, correct? Or did I miss that the family had tried before JS' first letter to AG?

I agree there seems to be mixed signals and I hope we get more clarification about Max's fall and the concerns about suffocation. I'm all for any family wanting to find the truth but saying they want truth and three weeks later still not formally requesting it has me a bit baffled.

JMO

Just curious what comments concerning Rebecca talking to the 'dog guy', has to do with Max? :waitasec:

I think the dog man reference was to back up that RZ had called Max her son.
About RZ's sister, I'm just confused about who is who! There seems to be a lot of confusion about identity with this whole case.

This is from the SW:

On July 14th, at approximately 1800 hours, I was requested to respond to the Children's Hospital in regard to a pending Protective Services Report that was going to be filed by Jessica Robershaw, Children's Hospital Social Worker.

During the follow--during my follow-up investigation with Dr. Brad Peterson, Head of the ICU Trauma, he informed me that over the course of four days of medical testing, no determination could be made on the cause of the cardiac arrest suffered by Shacknai.

Based on the description of the incident, surrounding Shacknai's fall, Dr. Peterson did not feel the visible injuries were consistent with the cardiac arrest and brain swelling experienced by Shacknai. Dr. Peterson expressed concerns made based on the --the above factors, suffocation may have occurred prior to Shacknai's fall.

The SW is in post 54 on this thread:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148814&page=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members