Discussion of the Transcriptions of the Testimony of Jodi Arias

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she was just past her third sexual encounter with TA in a motel, very shortly after they had met when testimony was halted. So she had not even gotten to Valentine's Day and the spiderman underwear. LOL

I'd like to see JM be able to call JA's roommate from that time period(Jan/2007) when the "missionaries" were allegedly visiting her in her bedroom at all hours for "bible studies" that were apparently so suggestively noisy, that JA ordered her roommate to her room and to shut the door while they were there. Guess JA didn't want any competition for her new "marriage" pool....

I don't know why he would choose B5 (striking the testimony) unless he just hasn't thought about how that would prevent him from ridiculing it lol. But he did mention that as the solution in a sidebar.

Even if the jurors are instructed to disregard all of that testimony, will JM be able to refute many of her statements, which were so similar in so many ways, with the same arguments he used before? It seems obvious to me that he would, but I (gratefully knocking on my own wooden head) know very little about how trials and courtrooms work.

If her testimony were magically converted into allocution, JSS could definitely tell her not to repeat herself without fear of reversal on appeal. She could not restrict her to a certain time period though--what if she forgot to tell one of her Stories of Tragic

So that lack of restriction and JA's possible omission would equal something else for appeal? Jeez, can she appeal because the courtroom lighting is unflattering? Where can we learn more about what are appeal-able issues?

Oh, yes, Nurmi can say what he would prefer (allocution conversion, I suppose)?

Would this testimony replace her allocution? Or will this jury possibly be exposed to Scary Elvis in addition to the tale of woe?

The defense gets lots of leeway in this phase of the trial. It makes me wonder why the DT practically skipped it last time.

JA says things in the strangest ways. Page 41 of the Nov 3 transcript she's asked what religion TA said he was and she replied "He said I'm Mormon". That to me is a really odd way of answering a question that's honest, simple, answer is Mormin.

She also made a very strange reference to South Park.

Were those admitted in the first trial? If so, they can be sent back to the jury room with no need for anyone to testify about them this time around. Besides, I can't imagine JM cares one way or the other about those. Hasn't everyone under 40 sent or received one? I can't say personally. I'll be 45 next week. But that's my impression lol.

I'm fairly certain they hadn't been allowed because Dworkin couldn't confirm whose penis it was....

From the second transcript, on how she met Travis;

.......And then I'm standing there, there are crowds like just everywhere, different people grouped together, and out of my left there's somebody waking toward me really fast. And I could see this person coming out of my periphery. And he was walking toward me. And he seemed to be going somewhere. So I moved to step out of the way to let him pass and he stopped right in front of me and put his hand out and said, hi, I'm Travis.........

I know where I met my husband, how I met him, what date I met him but I really don't remember if he was on my right or my left when I first met him. Why does Jodi Arias add so much flowery details in her recollections? I guess she does it to make her story believable but the effect is just the opposite.

Great catch!! I didn't catch that at all. You are so very correct. I remember extremely miniscule details as well (I can still tell you my outfit I was wearing when I met my husband 17 years ago) but I couldn't tell you in what direction he approached me. But yes, she does add those details (holster, anyone?) To attempt to bolster her story as truthful. Funny thing is, honest little are taught from toddlerhood that the more embellished stories are the most untruthful. Detectives are trained to listen for this when talking to people on how many little details are added into the story. For as smart as she claims to be, she should've learned by now how to catch herself from this. She continually makes this rookie mistake over and over

^^^ AZL- I am glad you said the under 40 part- I am 49 and have never sent nor received one. My husband travels at times for work and we have never had phone sex either. I am a prude, I guess.

Yeah but do you ever text each other after 11pm when he's on the road? If so, he might be an abuser.

"Flight was late. Just made it to the hotel."
"It's 11:05pm. I'm dialing 1-800-CALL-ALV."

yeah but do you ever text each other after 11pm when he's on the road? If so, he might be an abuser.

"flight was late. Just made it to the hotel."
"it's 11:05pm. I'm dialing 1-800-call-alv."

roflmao

The part of the testimony where she alleges ta had sex with her while she was sleeping. I was just reading the transcript about the alleged sex encounter at the Hughes. This is what I think, I think the whole sex sleep never happened obviously but she conjoured this up from when she snuck into TAs room at the Hughes while he was sleeping,crawled into the sheets to give him a BJ and he probably told her to stop and push her off. Again, another example of reversing her role and switching when it actually happened.

Tandt, I dont feel sorry for Jodis parents. Sandy tried to sell fake pedo letters to the National Enquirer to raise money for the monster she gave birth to.

Striking it might be the only option open to get rid of those pesky penis pics again(#393, 394)... unless they were able to find files from Nov.11, 2006 on JA's HD or phone to show that they hadn't come from TA at all.

I don't believe they were of Travis, not unless he had some other guy hold it while he took a pic of it. :facepalm:

The part of the testimony where she alleges ta had sex with her while she was sleeping. I was just reading the transcript about the alleged sex encounter at the Hughes. This is what I think, I think the whole sex sleep never happened obviously but she conjoured this up from when she snuck into TAs room at the Hughes while he was sleeping,crawled into the sheets to give him a BJ and he probably told her to stop and push her off. Again, another example of reversing her role and switching when it actually happened.

I think it did happen. They mentioned it in the phone sex call. And she loved it. She's just changing her tune now but what else is new?

I'm fairly certain they hadn't been allowed because Dworkin couldn't confirm whose penis it was....

And that snapshot split second of the trial 1 was part of what forever endeared me to courtroom stenographer, Mike Babicky. I hope he gets a nice vacation—or whatever luxury he wants—out of transcribing that carp that we were entitled to for free by the first amendment.

I think it did happen. They mentioned it in the phone sex call. And she loved it. She's just changing her tune now but what else is new?

They mentioned in the phone sex tape he had sex with her while she was asleep??

So here we have it. The Book of Jodi.

The part that has surprised me so far is the fact Bobby was roommates with Matt.

Sorry, i'm still behind ...

Oh, and quite a few objections by Juan for "foundation".

JA was "networking" long before PPL entered her life.

I don't believe they were of Travis, not unless he had some other guy hold it while he took a pic of it. :facepalm:

I still want to know why they found it on her computer. She herself said it was the first time anyone had sent her a picture on her phone (I assume this was a phone before the Helio?) and does anyone know how one would go about getting a picture text from an old flip phone to your computer?

JA was "networking" long before PPL entered her life.

Doubt she ever sold anything for PPL. Did she ever make any money working for them???

I still want to know why they found it on her computer. She herself said it was the first time anyone had sent her a picture on her phone (I assume this was a phone before the Helio?) and does anyone know how one would go about getting a picture text from an old flip phone to your computer?

email it to yourself.

email it to yourself.

Could you send emails on old flip phones? I must admit I never had any type of data on a phone until I got a smart phone. I think the first "smart phone" she had was the Helio wasn't it?

They mentioned in the phone sex tape he had sex with her while she was asleep??

They mentioned that he started performing sexual acts on her while she was asleep, yes. And she was talking about how hot it was. "Like, whoa."

Could you send emails on old flip phones? I must admit I never had any type of data on a phone until I got a smart phone. I think the first "smart phone" she had was the Helio wasn't it?

You could. Just make your email as the recipient.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895
Back