Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that JA likens Troy Hayden trying to interview to being gang raped. Everything is violent and sexual with her. Never in a million years, if I had several people trying to talk to me at once would I even THINK of gang rape. WTH???

It's stupid. She has finally realized that going to the media and beaming for the camera all the time actually makes her look really bad. So now she's playing it up and hiding her face. She also does not like to be on camera without makeup AT ALL. But when she peeked to see if the camera was still there one could see she was smiling. And she would liken it to rape. She thinks being a sexual victim makes her the ultimate victim.

Just wow..I am behind..but, I wonder if JSS was told this?!!
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

No more interviews courtesy of Sheriff Joe, eh?

So much for Jodi having the audience many thought she would have, with the media eating out of her hand.

Troy Hayden was talking to her before she even left the courthouse. He would have continued talking to her but she saw the cameras and shielded her face...
He obviously got permission to go behind the scenes.

I find it interesting that JA likens Troy Hayden trying to interview to being gang raped. Everything is violent and sexual with her. Never in a million years, if I had several people trying to talk to me at once would I even THINK of gang rape. WTH???

You're talking about the same person who likened the fact that Travis talked to other women and wouldn't marry her to "ABUSE".

She's D E L U S I O N A L !

I am also questioning, as others have posted- why a delay in sentencing? Jodi waived her rights to make a pre-sentencing interview. No one is answering us who are wondering about this. Unless I missed the answer.

Thanks for being here, AZL.

What's a presentencing interview? Why is it necessary? Why did JSS need to postpone the sentencing?

Nope, JA said she wouldn't be making any statement, JSS confirmed it and it's on tape.

Not to bombard you AZL lol but what are the pre-sentencing forms that Jodi waived? Thanks so much.

Jodi did not waive the right to make a presentence statement to JSS--she just waived the right to have a presentence report done, which would be based on (1) an interview of JA plus (2) everything else about JA that the person preparing the report could drag up. Basically it's a mitigation/aggravation report. I had assumed they already waived that, because what's the point when you're going to be presenting months of evidence (presumably the same evidence) at a penalty phase trial? But since JA was not "allowed" :rolleyes: to say everything she wanted to in front of the jury, perhaps she wants to say it all to JSS at the sentencing hearing.

Azl.. I'm just heart broken for the family in light of everything.. Can you provide a legal silver lining in this case? What Are Your personal feelings or thoughts?

Not really. I have been more and more disappointed in juries myself lately, and not just when I lose. ;)

I thought she would get death, but to be honest I thought it was because the jury would improperly, in violation of the instructions, consider certain things as aggravating circumstances, including, e.g., fake messages to Travis after the murder, the letter to the family, the lies about ninjas, the pedo lie, the *advertiser censored* lie, the DV lie, the lack of remorse, etc. (Before you all ask about the remorse part--the jury was allowed to consider lack of remorse in deciding that remorse was not a mitigator, but was not allowed to consider lack of remorse as an aggravating circumstance.)

Exactly. I said the same thing just a minute ago but you said it much better. Thanks.

She was not qualified to be a juror if she believes the DP is "revenge" and not a valid form of punishment for a terrible vicious murder.

Unless she thinks it's "revenge" in this case but appropriate in other cases. I wish she'd speak to the press and try to explain herself.

I don't know how reliable or otherwise but on another site she has been 'outed' as having tweeted during the trial.... Stay tuned.

Now that is interesting and if true, would love to know who she tweeted to in particular.

I'm just catching up and have missed a lot of stuff, but if this juror had an agenda, then that's really the fault of the jury selection process as she should have been weeded out, also it's a bit messed up that nothing can be done once deliberations start, but then I can't see an alternative .. so the anger I believe should be at the judge and defence who didn't manage to weed her out, and her of course if what the 11 are saying is accurate, which frankly, it may not be, it could just be their perspective because they disagreed with her stance. Honestly we'll probably never know the whole truth.

The defense wouldn't have wanted to necessarily weed this juror out as they probably believed she might identify with or hopefully see abusive behavior and have some sympathy. And it appears, based on the other jurors' comments, that was something that did happen.

DId someone say she tweeted something about gang banged or something? I had to take a breather. I am now exhausted emotionally.

Still waiting for confirmation from whatever organization that she donated her hair to all the victims like her :ahem

I must say.. It doesn't hurt as much as when Casey Anthony got acquitted. I really took that one to heart. That sweet baby. That day I left Websleuths and didn't return for months.

This one... We got the guilty verdict and she WILL rot in prison.

I don't think I'll ever be the same since Caylee. I made a promise (to myself and to her) that I would release her red balloon when she received the justice she was so deserving of. Now, I believe we'll be forever linked by that red balloon. This hurts...and I just don't know if I have it in me to do this again. I will be here at sentencing. Till the end, Travis...till the end.

Jodi and Juror #17 are Hispanic. Clearly #17 bonded with her, identifies with her. It fortuitously worked to Jodi's advantage, even though Jodi tries to deny her heritage. Still can't believe she thinks she'll teach Spanish to prisoners in Arizona!

I think race played no part in her identifying with Jodi and I'm starting to get a little offended at all the mentions of them being Chicas and Latina buddies. I'm half Mexican and I do not identify with Jodi.

You know, I realize that I have had ADD on this case for the last few days. I have flip flopped about what I would do over and over if I was on the jury but today listening to the jury, it was so clear to me that of course I can flip and flop because I am not living it every day. I go about my normal life, I don't have to sit in court and listen to the testimony, see the players and the families. It makes it easy to just step back and say what you would do.

But when I heard this amazing group of people today I felt their decision and it was clear. And of course they were right. DP was the right choice. They were the ones there daily and gave up so much to make sure they did the right thing. I hope I didn't annoy to much. Some days my posts were like a stream of consciousness with people I felt comfortable to bounce those thoughts off of. I have really enjoyed hanging with you guys and getting really awesome thoughts and feedback and commentary.
You guys are amazing thinkers.

Because she was following the law. If Jodi and her DT would have waived her right to some presentencing report/interview whatever, then she could have. It was JODI once again delaying the inevitable. Her last 39 days at Estrella, while her DT continues to suck the teat of the AZ taxpayer for as long as they can.

The killer did waive her right to a presentence report.

Well I hate to say it but it is always possible that Juror #17 had no real DV either, just like Jodi, which would explain things a lot more...We know its possible for there to be screwed up People even on juries. You know we dont all play with the same deck of cards all the time.

Because she was following the law. If Jodi and her DT would have waived her right to some presentencing report/interview whatever, then she could have. It was JODI once again delaying the inevitable. Her last 39 days at Estrella, while her DT continues to suck the teat of the AZ taxpayer for as long as they can.
BUT, she did stand up & state she DID waive pre-trial sentencing when JSS asked her!

It's not illegal for a juror to use social media while on a trial, but it is against the rules to read anything about the case or anyone involved in the case or post anything about the case. So if she, for instance, was tweeting about a sports team, then that wouldn't cause a problem unless the judge specifically told all jurors they were absolutely not to use any social media account whatsoever or for any reason, and if she did that in defiance of the rules then yes, a problem.

But in the end, no recourse for the state. The hung jury stands.

It's stupid. She has finally realized that going to the media and beaming for the camera all the time actually makes her look really bad. So now she's playing it up and hiding her face. She also does not like to be on camera without makeup AT ALL. But when she peeked to see if the camera was still there one could see she was smiling. And she would liken it to rape. She thinks being a sexual victim makes her the ultimate victim.

You noticed it as well! I thought it must have been my imagination but I guess not.

Seems to be the way her minds rolls.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 16m16 minutes ago
.@RealSheriffJoe denying all interview requests for #JodiArias. And DOC doesn't allow them. No further camera time for Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea