Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And while we enjoy that, here's what is most likely in store for our friend JA - a full body search and a cell:

cavitysearch-smiley.gif

Maybe if they search long enough and deep enough they'll find out where Jodi put with the murder weapon.

I just came by to say in case you guys didn't know that Juan Martinez will be on TTL some time after the sentencing and he will be taking questions. Should be fascinating.

I just came by to say in case you guys didn't know that Juan Martinez will be on TTL some time after the sentencing and he will be taking questions. Should be fascinating.

Hi MeeBee, thanks for the heads up. What is TTL?

if nurmi and wilmott give interviews they can't say anything bad against jodi right? they will always have to be on 'her side' because it would cause issues with ineffective counsel or something like that?

if nurmi and wilmott give interviews they can't say anything bad against jodi right? they will always have to be on 'her side' because it would cause issues with ineffective counsel or something like that?

I don't think they'd be obligated to not say anything negative about her but they probably won't since they've got this whole victim thing going right now.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll: 4

:drumroll: 3

:drumroll: 2

:drumroll: 1

until Sentencing Day !

This did confuse me. It sounds like the judge was an advocate. It doesn't sound remotely impartial to me. I don't get it. Is this something in the 'judge handbook'?

No, listen again. The judge verified that Arias understood what allocution is. She did not tell her what to do.

ETA:

I transcribed it for ya

JSS: Miss Arias. Your attorneys have indicated to the court that you do not wish to allocute. Is that correct?
Arias: That's not correct.
JSS: All right? Explain.
Arias: I would like to allocute.
JSS: All right. And you're willing to do that in front of the jury?
Arias: Well, to the jury, yes.
JSS: All right. Are there any other conditions?
Arias: The same, I have the same concerns that I voiced in chambers.
JSS: Pause
JSS: And that was back in October of 2014, correct?
Arias: Yes.
JSS: You understand that the appellate courts have ruled that you may not allocute in a sealed proceeding, or you may not speak or testify in a sealed proceeding. Do you have any reasons other than those that you previously expressed?
Arias: Um, no, I just... my understanding was that the court of appeals ruled that my testimony cannot be sealed and that allocution, in my understanding, is not testimony. So, that, that was my only thought.
JSS: All right. Well I think the same analysis applies. I will make the same offer I previously made and that is that we will clear the courtroom, folks in the courtroom can go downstairs to the overflow room, and they can hear your testimony in the overflow room.
Arias: Well I appreciate that, but it doesn't address my concerns.
JSS: So you do not wish to allocute unless you can allocute in a sealed proceeding, is that correct?
Arias: Yes, that's correct.
JSS: And you understand that the right to allocute encompasses the right to express remorse, plead for mercy, explain the crime, and bring mitigating circumstances to the attention of the jury? You understand that is the purpose of allocution?
JSS: You do not wish to allocute for these purposes unless you can allocute in a sealed proceeding, is that correct?
Arias: Will you read the purposes one more time? I'm sorry.
JSS: Yes. The right to allocute encompasses the right to express remorse, plead for mercy, explain the crime, and bring mitigating circumstances to the attention of the jury.
Arias: Okay, thank you.
JSS: You cannot allocute in a sealed proceeding. Do you wish to allocute?
Arias: Ummm, not in an open proceeding, no.
JSS: Pause.
JSS: Have you had the opportunity to discuss this matter with your attorneys?
JSS: Do you have any questions about your decision that you wish to address to the court?
Arias: Not at this time.
JSS: Pause.
JSS: Have you taken any medication today?
Arias: No.
JSS: Long pause.
JSS: All right. Thankyoumaybeseated. Counsel, approach.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll: 4

:drumroll: 3

:drumroll: 2

:drumroll: 1

until Sentencing Day !

"giggle" as you maxed out your smilies on that one "giggle" I would do a "happpy dance", but you left no room for dancing ....

ETA: Ooopsie, I posted that with two giggles...so I can't even giggle!

"floorlaugh" "floorlaugh"

I Have lived in Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, --the desert for over three decades. You really are miserable if your A/C goes out. Once, over the fourth of July weekend ours went out just as the weekend began. Our landlord was out of town. Hubby and I tried to make it through. We couldn't. By Sunday afternoon we checked into the Stardust hotel until the landlord could get a new A/C unit installed.

The desert heat is brutal. Even a fan is really of no use. Life in Perryville will be like hell on earth. CMJA will wish she had gotten the DP when the summer heat sets in. It really does feel like an oven and you feel as if you are being baked alive.

Hi Moon, When I went to Vegas I stayed at the Stardust. After the last verdict I haven't paid much attention( off and on). I'm just going on my gut feeling of her, not what the experts say, but I think right now she is terrified to go to Perryville, she has no "Jodi control" there like she has had for the last 7 yrs. Every single person, thing, she can and has manipulated is gone. Here whackdoodle minions can only do so much. She's not the "Goddess" her minions tell her she is. She'll be a lowlife low on the totum pole murderer, not a special snowflake, not a stabby einstein, just a number in a prison with no control. Personally, I think she's terrified to leave " her comfortable home" of the last 7 yrs. until Sheriff Joe stomped her A$$.There's nothing good about her future, how can she not be terrified?IMO

Does anyone think JSS will give her LWP? This is my biggest fear.

:seeya: Yep... that's what I think JSS will do based on how she ran her courtroom and how much leeway she gave JA :gaah: !

But all eyes will be on JSS Monday -- making sure she gives JA the appropriate which is LWOP ... but I'm not counting on it :gaah: !

IF JSS gives JA LWOP, I will

:seeya: Yep... that's what I think JSS will do based on how she ran her courtroom and how much leeway she gave JA :gaah: !

But all eyes will be on JSS Monday -- making sure she gives JA the appropriate which is LWOP ... but I'm not counting on it :gaah: !

IF JSS gives JA LWOP, I will

I'll catch ya, DGC. Please be sure you're sitting down on Monday. :)

Don't they have swamp coolers? It's not like they're living without some relief. I, myself, am glad that Travis' murderer will suffer physically. After all, she won't die by 27 full body stabs while she's conscious, have her throat slashed to the point of near decapitation and be shot in the head for full measure, deliberately posed indecently, and left to decompose in indignity, like garbage. And then, wholly murdered over and over again.

I don't know if they have swamp coolers or not. I know that Sheriff Joe's tent city does not have anything. I don't feel sorry for Arias, I wish she could die the same fate as what she dolled out but that is not how our system works, so suffering in the heat will have to suffice.

Awwwwww, another paid subscription site

Nice logo.... reminds me of the Help Save The Girl Next Door logo. I've been seeing the Girl Next Door involved in a few cases lately, and wish that organization great success!

http://www.helpsavethenextgirl.com/

Logo_HotPink.png

ETA: Removed TTL logo as looks like it was blowing margins...

Yeah unfortunately it is a pay site but if you have any questions for Juan pass them along! I'm already writing mine down lol. They'll be taking the questions in another show before he is on.

Troy Haden is trying to get interview with Jaun also, don't know status yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't they have swamp coolers? It's not like they're living without some relief. I, myself, am glad that Travis' murderer will suffer physically. After all, she won't die by 27 full body stabs while she's conscious, have her throat slashed to the point of near decapitation and be shot in the head for full measure, deliberately posed indecently, and left to decompose in indignity, like garbage. And then, wholly murdered over and over again.

JMO-From what I've read, they do have swamp coolers. She's used to AC, getting accustomed to swamp coolers will take a long time, like years. There is no comparison. And I agree with you that she doesn't deserve comforts of life.

3 days
22 hours
11 minutes
:scared::happydance:

I'm sure this has been asked, but can anyone tell me where I can watch the sentencing? I can't live stream it at work. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member