Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick thoughts on the sentencing memorandum-

Remorse is conspicuously absent, as someone previously commented.
Acceptance of responsibility for the crime is also absent.

From what I understand, most judges do want the aforementioned factors addressed. Strike 1 for CMJA.

The attachment to the memo listed 60 cases where individuals were sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after being convicted of M1. For every single case listed that was DP eligible, the individual pleaded guilty to M1. The body of the memo states that CMJA was never offered a plea deal, but in fact, she flat out said she would never consider a plea for anything less than M2. You know, that mental gymnastics kinda thing jurors would have to go through to convict her of M1? Strike 2.

The memo listed absolutely nothing positive that CMJA has done since she was incarcerated. No Survivor Ts, no book club, no Locks of Love, no donations to charity, no nothing. Strike 3.

From what I understand, most judges do want the aforementioned factors addressed. Strike 1 for CMJA.

The attachment to the memo listed 60 cases where individuals were sentenced to life with the possibility of parole after being convicted of M1. For every single case listed that was DP eligible, the individual pleaded guilty to M1. The body of the memo states that CMJA was never offered a plea deal, but in fact, she flat out said she would never consider a plea for anything less than M2. You know, that mental gymnastics kinda thing jurors would have to go through to convict her of M1? Strike 2.

The memo listed absolutely nothing positive that CMJA has done since she was incarcerated. No Survivor Ts, no book club, no Locks of Love, no donations to charity, no nothing. Strike 3.

Can the State address all of these defence arguments in much the same way you have? You'd imagine they could and will. The two points you first mention were factors in why the Manson 'girls' and guys have never gotten parole, especially the second one. They kept blaming Charles Manson, she keeps blaming Travis Alexander. Hopefully the outcome will be the same.

hahahaha "knock her brains out" assuming she has any :thinking:

I would like to plan a special meal for sentencing day complete with an appropriate cocktail. any ideas? No favorites of CMJA please. I would choke :laughing:

since it will early morning for me - I will be having this:

Attachments

• BloodyMary.jpg
    BloodyMary.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 297
I call BS-didn't Sheriff Joe shut her down?

I wouldn't doubt for a second that maria de la rosa is passing along information from jodi arias to whomever ja directs. I suspect no lack of communication between ja and the outside world whatsoever.

These are my opinions.

635609893146357222-Still0303-00000.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/12-news/2015/03/03/12news-arias-prison-cell-ready/24321899/

I feel like I can't take a deep enough breath when I try to imagine what it would be like to spend hours upon hours in that cell.

Did anyone see the Kathy Griffin special where she toured Perryville? While walking past the DR cells, Wendi Andriano cheerfully peeked out her little sliver of a window to chat about life on DR. I am sure JA will be just as unaffected by being locked up in a cell. Any normal person would be crawling out of their skin!

since it will early morning for me - I will be having this:

Niner! A BMary! gallows humor encouraged...I have shed too many tears. That looks like a good start! I'm on the east coast so maybeeeee something with a Free Range Chicken lol. Seriously I have a special interest in unusually themed meals ( note to self a special interest not an obsession) hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by gcharlie View Post

Exactly! no remorse, no acceptance of complete responsibility, no true sympathy or compassion...for any one but herself.

Sorry...underlined by me because I haven't learned how to double quote. :(

I wouldn't doubt for a second that maria de la rosa is passing along information from jodi arias to whomever ja directs. I suspect no lack of communication between ja and the outside world whatsoever.

These are my opinions.

Arias has a few options for people who are still in contact with her and can pass along information to the outside. MDLR is not the only one. She definitely has learned how to manipulate the system.

I do hope that Juan talks after all of the secret sidebars and sealed information is released. I want to hear from him about ALV's little time out with Willmont in the hall. I want to know what the question was that he wanted to ask but was denied. I want to know what the secret meeting involving ALV was about. Most of all I want him to be able to defend himself publicly against all of the trashing of him ALV has done.
I also want to know who the computer expert Mr. Smith is and Juan's opinion is on him.
Hopefully in the future Juan will write a book exposing everything.

BBM That is the question I want to know as well. My guess is the question was something along the lines of "did you actually read the email/text message yourself or just a synopsis of the email/text message created by the DT?"

The lenses are plastic and would be difficult to do the damage but where there's a will, there's a way. I think it would hurt too much physically, using a not too sharp weapon like a piece of plastic. We know blood doesn't bother the princess, but she doesn't like pain and remember how amazed she was at the level of pain from a very small superficial cut. Killer Arias is a coward through and through.

Yeah. Like the one from Florida who said that the little pains are the worst and that she is afraid of dark places. FGS!

Arias is not the sort to harm herself in any way. She takes out her anger and rage on humans, animals and walls but never herself. She is a coward par excellence.

BBM That is the question I want to know as well. My guess is the question was something along the lines of "did you actually read the email/text message yourself or just a synopsis of the email/text message created by the DT?"

I wonder why a question like that would be disallowed.*rubs chin* It seems straightforward. I would have thought JSS would have allowed JM more latitude with ALV since she didn't provide a written report of her findings. Dr.DM never received it if she did complete one. AFAIK

OT: I found a cocktail for Monday.
The Extended Prison Stay
1/2 oz whiskey
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz tequila
a splash of pineapple juice
blended over ice.

Poor impulse control, lack of social skills, behavioral issues, not an Einstein. Jodi thought she had ADD, but I wonder if she is in the autism spectrum.

I have a good friend whose daughter is a high functioning autistic. Nothing like Jodi, except in maturity levels. But this girl is 14...

I call BS-didn't Sheriff Joe shut her down?
Those are her demented minions tweeting, not CMJA.
You can be sure she gave strict instructions (always the control freak) to her rag-tag army of followers of exactly what to tweet and when to tweet it.
:jail:

Arias has a few options for people who are still in contact with her and can pass along information to the outside. MDLR is not the only one. She definitely has learned how to manipulate the system.
Yep, she probably has the "lawyer" :facepalm: bf from CA tweeting on her behalf or passing on stoopid message to her three-man "cult".

Yowza! Definitely not on the autism spectrum, IMO. Jodi actually has good social skills when she wants to—she got the attention of lots of men—and uses a lot of verbal manipulation, not to mention sexual manipulation.

Jodi has a personality disorder, not a developmental quirk. her personality disorder would likely have shown up at a young age. See this article http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?_r=0 This article is very helpful for insights into Jodi's behavior.

Folks on the autism spectrum, AFAIK, if they are reasonably verbal, would find it impossible to be manipulative. They have the opposite problem! They tend to be hopelessly undiplomatic, have trouble flirting, often don't catch verbal cues. They miss all kinds of things in the communication process. They can seem quirky (Jodi is not at all quirky). They can be this way even if their verbal aptitude is off the charts (some Aspies would test way higher than Jodi). If you've ever heard a wordy Aspie (Asperger's, on the autism spectrum) talk, it would be very quickly obvious that Jodi does not fit the bill. You can get the feeling with an Aspie that "this isn't quite normal and kind of odd" when they speak. With Jodi you get "this isn't quite normal 'cos it's malevolent."

I have Asperger's and CMJA definitely does NOT have it, as you mention above, we miss things in communication and verbal cues, often misunderstanding directives because they are not phrased in ways we can understand. We are different and a bit "odd", but manipulation is certainly not one of our strong skills.

Sorry if this has already been asked but what time does sentencing start on Monday local Arizona time? I can't seem to find it online.

I just want to say that I hope you all have a nice weekend whatever you are up to. I know this will be difficult given the sentencing on Monday. I admire every single one of you for your dedication to Travis and I hope she gets the maximum time in jail she can possibly get without parole. Travis's family, friends and supporters are in my prayers this weekend.

Off topic the summations begin in the trial against Pedro Hernandez who is accused of killing Etan Patz on Monday also. It may go to the Jury next week as well. Its a very difficult and tragic case also. Please feel free to join me on Etan's trial thread with any thoughts or news.

Late to the party ,it's now 2: 30 pm Phoenix time, and the world time clock it's 10:11 PM your time. On Monday court will start at 8:30 am Phoenix time, and your time will be 4:30pm. The UK is eight hours ahead of Phoenix time.

I’m looking forward to her “beauty” being ravaged away as the years ebb from her life. I bet she will look a whole lot different on Monday. She probably will have aged 10 years by then.

The jig is up Jodi. All your games, your manipulations, your very high opinion of yourself and your Einstein intelligence have come to a dead end, literally.

Although Travis suffered a frighteningly horrific and untimely death, it was quick compared to what Jodi will endure, who will die every day that she lives. She will wake up every morning to the same day, the same routine, the same environment, the same outfit (right ladies?), the same food, the same everything for the rest of her, hopefully, natural life.

Groundhog Day, Prison Style
Hand in bars.jpg

Late to the party ,it's now 2: 30 pm Phoenix time, and the world time clock it's 10:11 PM your time. On Monday court will start at 8:30 am Phoenix time, and your time will be 4:30pm. The UK is eight hours ahead of Phoenix time.

Thank you very much ILikeToBendPages I will be here with you all then.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

:great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great::great:

I have a good friend whose daughter is a high functioning autistic. Nothing like Jodi, except in maturity levels. But this girl is 14...

My grandson has Aspergers. It is/was set apart by the high functioning. Many think that Issac Newton, Henry Ford, Albert Einstein, Mark Twain, Marylin Monroe, Nikola Tesla. Vincent Van Gogh, Alfred Hitchcock. Jim Henson, and the list goes on. Some say Bill Gates, Al Gore, Bob Dylan, Garrison Keillor, and Robin Williams have aspergers.

Many think Burke Ramsey is also. Oh, I almost for got Robert Durst is included in this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member