Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's an evaporative cooler-a fan is blown over water soaked shredded wood pads to create a cooling effect. The work well until the temps are in the high 90s and 100º

It sounds like it would be good for the skin and hot yoga.

I'm looking forward to being Arias-free again soon, but meanwhile, it's an interesting case. After I read the Juan Martinez interviews, Estrella binder and sidebar transcripts, I'll stop.

And the chamber meetings. :)

Does anyone think that if Travis was not LDS they would happily ever after?

*Random thought*

I'm looking forward to being Arias-free again soon, but meanwhile, it's an interesting case. After I read the Juan Martinez interviews, Estrella binder and sidebar transcripts, I'll stop.

But maybe you won't, and that's OK too. No one should have to explain why they became interested in any case, or why they stayed interested, or lost interest...or whatever.

But maybe you won't, and that's OK too. No one should have to explain why they became interested in any case, or why they stayed interested, or lost interest...or whatever.

I stay because I really, really, really want to know what happened that day. And. also, MEN and women need to be aware of crazy people and stalkers.
I am so upset at the fact that no one has escalated JAs behavior before TA felt her wrath, because Travis did not bring this on himself, as I believe JA wants us to believe. I sure hope this is over done with, then we are privy to all the secrets that happened in the court room, and watch "Deadly Sins" and "Deadly Women" on ID.

*Random thought*
No. Because Travis, imo, instinctively "felt" that CMJA was evil and bad. Just as we all get "hunches" about people that just feel *off*/*crazy*. Trust your gut. Furthermore, I believe CMJA was a ticking time-bomb and would have committed murder because she is pure evil and her behavior would have kept escalating in order to find the "high" that psychopaths yearn to feel, beginning with animal and child abuse/torture, then aiming for adults. Sorry if I'm not able to explain myself very well. I think we all get a "high" from certain things - like (for me, 'cause I'm a shoe ho) finding a pair of gorgeous boots on sale at half price, and we get a surge of dopamine that give us that great "feelgood" high. Evil things like CMJA get that "high" of dopamines from enjoying the suffering of others, i.e. they are sadists. If it was not Travis, I believe she would have murdered someone else.

*Random thought*

I think that would require her to not be evil. IOW, I do not think Travis died a brutal death just because he was LDS. I think he died a brutal death because his killer was and is EVIL.

Guess whose mother is dogging out Travis......... Marc McGee's mom https://youtu.be/Tepz6rHKXwM?t=15m24s

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Thanks for posting that, ZoeyW. Wow, loopty loop mum sounds like she might've ghost written that affidavit. She believes she sees JA shaking like a Chihuahua and therefore she buys into the abuse lies. Okay then! Beth Karas' facial expressions were probably exactly how everyone watching Mrs. M's call must've looked.

I think that would require her to not be evil. IOW, I do not think Travis died a brutal death just because he was LDS. I think he died a brutal death because his killer was and is EVIL.
Exactly. That is it in a nutshell. Some people are just born EVIL. They had a normal upbringing, and they are not mentally ill, either. They are just sadistic monsters who get off on the pain and suffering of animals, children and adults. It escalates. There is no cure. We cannot pretend to "understand" them. They are pure evil and should not be a part of society because they will continue to cause harm - there is no cure for evil. Travis knew and sensed CMJA was one of these evil monsters. He told her she was evil and a "corrupt carcass". And she murdered him. Thank heavens for people like JM, who put her away before she could murder others. AFAIC, her defense team are a disgrace to humanity.

At some point, and hopefully soon, the lure of and obsession with Arias will abate and people will refrain from seeing everything through the hazy lens filter of All-Arias-All-the-Time. This disordered murderer has been treated by a rapt audience as if she is the most important and most dangerous killer evah evah to walk the earth, by those who spend a lot of waking time hating her. She feeds off all that energy, even the negative energy. The family of TA feeling that way is understandable, as are his closest friends, but she has captured thousands upon thousands who hang on every possible detail.

BBM - First off, I sincerely doubt that most people spend much of their waking time hating CMJA. IMO, her level of manipulation is staggering, before the murder, and throughout the court case. That is why so many are riveted by this case. Interest doesn't = hate.

I started following this case (after the Tot Mom travesty), and I'm seeing it through. Psychopaths fascinate people, because their disordered thinking process, and subsequent actions are so contrary to what we ourselves would think or do. I think observing the actions of a psychopath, and the effect they have on others in their sphere of influence is valuable and interesting. It is also egregious, so you are going to see derogatory comments, and there is nothing wrong with that. Jodi is as close to evil (inhuman) as you can get, so people are paying attention (we can learn what to do/not do if we encounter a "jodi"). Jodi Ann Arias needs to be locked up, and she will be, for the rest of her life. I know from your posts that you are invested in this case. The sentencing is April 13th, and Jodi will disappear into the bowels of Perryville. You will move on, but reading, seeing, or hearing anything about CMJA after that will be your choice to make.

BBM - First off, I sincerely doubt that most people spend much of their waking time hating CMJA. IMO, her level of manipulation is staggering, before the murder, and throughout the court case. That is why so many are riveted by this case. Interest doesn't = hate.

I started following this case (after the Tot Mom travesty), and I'm seeing it through. Psychopaths fascinate people, because their disordered thinking process, and subsequent actions are so contrary to what we ourselves would think or do. I think observing the actions of a psychopath, and the effect they have on others in their sphere of influence is valuable and interesting. It is also egregious, so you are going to see derogatory comments, and there is nothing wrong with that. Jodi is as close to evil (inhuman) as you can get, so people are paying attention (we can learn what to do/not do if we encounter a "jodi"). Jodi Ann Arias needs to be locked up, and she will be, for the rest of her life. I know from your posts that you are invested in this case. The sentencing is April 13th, and Jodi will disappear into the bowels of Perryville. You will move on, but reading, seeing, or hearing anything about CMJA after that will be your choice to make.

Sweet post! :cheers:

My BF asks me all the time why I am so fascinated with this and other true crime. I answer that I want to delve into their head damnit!

Dear Bendy,
:loveyou:

Your good nature, interesting brain, and humor, always make me smile.

ooh... I felt a pre-Monday butterfly.

Like a two year old watching the garbage truck from the front window,
I'll be waving g'bye, as the Garbage is loaded onto the Bus of Doom and taken to the dump.
Then, I'll step outside and throw a ceremonial clod of dirt in a hole.
Fini.

I'll be peeking through the key-hole in lurkdom on Monday.
Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!
:happydance:

Holy cow I vividly remember that book! I can't get enough of Bugliosi as an author in general, but was especially disturbed (fascinated and obsessed) reading "And the Sea Will Tell". I think it had such an impact on me because I had met men like that and it is a visceral fear knowing in the back of your mind that there is absolutely no morality living in there. I'd read it again in a heartbeat because it's such an education into the psyches and personalities of both antagonists. I always thought this particular book provides narratives and descriptions that should be included (maybe are) in some of the clinical books on psychology/psychiatry or just plain evil. Readers also get the interesting process of investigation and trial.

Excellent book.

I went and Googled that book and it does sound interesting and I remember something about that case. Unfortunately reading the reviews let me know the outcome and also that Bugliosi worked at defending one of the accused which puts me off a little, especially knowing that outcome is not one I think I would find satisfying. I also agree with one of the reviewer's that he has a huge ego. I loved (not quite the right word I know) Helter Skelter when I first read it and have re-read it since. There's a recent biography of Manson that is also a good read. Though I don't subscribe to the 'my awful upbringing made me do it', he had an awful and very sad childhood. Wooden spoons have nothing on it. Further/later reading convinced me that 'helter skelter' wasn't the motive at all. Used to galvanise the more impressionable followers for sure, but the real reason IMO is much more ordinary - plain old bitterness.

I'm making my way through some anthologies of the best American crime writing, which is where I read that Trial by Fire that I mentioned in an earlier post. Just finished a story on the Beslan school siege in Russia that was heartbreakingly sad but really well written. They are really good anthologies though sadly 2010 seems the most recent. and it's not all murder and heartbreak - there have been a few good conman/women ones thrown in, for some 'light relief' I suspect.

To get back on topic, I think and hope that Arias will get LWOP. Hopefully JSS is in the majority of the more she got to know her, the less she liked her. I know that shouldn't play any part in her decision but even without any personal feelings, the crime itself and her post-arrest behaviour warrants such a sentence IMO.

At some point, and hopefully soon, the lure of and obsession with Arias will abate and people will refrain from seeing everything through the hazy lens filter of All-Arias-All-the-Time. This disordered murderer has been treated by a rapt audience as if she is the most important and most dangerous killer evah evah to walk the earth, by those who spend a lot of waking time hating her. She feeds off all that energy, even the negative energy. The family of TA feeling that way is understandable, as are his closest friends, but she has captured thousands upon thousands who hang on every possible detail.

:rolleyes:

I thought for sure you guys would be talking about this motion to strike juror 17 trial video... JM present JSS with j17's Facebook info. I watched it tonight and there are so many disturbing things in it.

Here is what I find so disturbing;

1) Why is the DT working so hard to keep j17? Especially if it's not know which way she will vote. Was someone in the jury room communicating with the DT?
2) JM is on to j17, he's concerned about her. He knew she was lying and something wasn't right.
3) How does Nurmi's know which way the 11 to 1 split is swinging at this point if the Forman hadn't written the note to JSS yet? (and j17 hadn't texted the bailiff yet)
4) At this point had JM figured out that he had prosecuted j17's husband?
5) I wish JSS would have ok'd a search warrant for j17's full Facebook records.

If you haven't watched it, here it is. I would love to know what you think!

MOTION TO STRIKE JUROR 17 - 3/4/15
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGHcu4Al08w&feature=youtu.be&a=

Guess whose mother is dogging out Travis......... Marc McGee's mom https://youtu.be/Tepz6rHKXwM?t=15m24s

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Thanks for the video. To help clarify things, the interview with Mark McGee's mother starts at around 12:20 on the tape.

Obviously McGee brainwashed his mother to believe his version of events. Everything she talks about is nothing but 100% hearsay.

Yah, yah, yah...........we're all abused.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tepz6rHKXwM&feature=youtu.be&t=15m24s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member