Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read that part. What I read in the news here is it is to do with hair testing only and not all of their forensic analysis in other areas. Rarely is there just hair evidence only in a trial but other forensic evidence is also admitted as well as lay witness testimony too plus other CE.
Not to get too far off topic, but here's an article that explains the numbers pretty well:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c8d8c6-e515-11e4-b510-962fcfabc310_story.html

Very good points being made.

I think a lot of men just like some woman don't report domestic abuse because of the fear of the stigma and even fear of embarrasment.

Its so sad and it is so similar in a lot of ways to how woman sometimes will not open up to friends or family that their boyfriend or husband is either verbally or physically abusing them. We have all heard stories of how woman would sometimes use makeup to hide bruises and worse. For men who are being abused, it is the same sort of thing and maybe at times even harder for a man to open up to anyone about it.

Its like people are saying here. Physical and mental abuse can be done by either sex and it does happen amonsgt both sexes. The frequency of it occurring by a female on a male maybe a lot less frequent but it can and does still happen.

Glad to see in this case that the monster was convcited and sentenced for it. Cases like these will help the public understand and be more open that these sorts of things can and do happen by both sexes.

BBM

I believe it happens way more often than some may think. The studies already state that when a male is abused by a domestic violence abuser they are the least likely gender to ever tell anyone much less report it to the police. It is a dark hidden secret due to how society as a whole views it. Some are still under the false impression that larger men cant be horrifically abused by a smaller female. Heck even though it is 2015 there are some who really believe that a man cant be raped even though that is archaic thinking and has been proven wrong by experts in the field.

Women are far more likely to tell someone they have been abused than men. Even males that may be friends with the victim doesn't understand it so therefore the male has no one to turn to that even understands. Women usually are more expressive and have close friends they can talk with and have support.

I did read though that around 1.3 million females call 911 every year to report domestic abuse by a male partner or ex and around 750K men reported abuse being done to them by a female abuser. Iirc that stat was from 2006. Also I just read an article yesterday that domestic violence perpetrated by a female abuser is on the rise. I really think that finally more men are reporting it rather than trying to handle the abuse on their own.

In this country we have around 25K men who commit suicide per year and around 3,500 females who do I have read many articles over the years that have stated that a male is 10 times more likely to contemplate suicide when they have been sexually abused than female victims and that includes being sexually abused by a female offender. And we already know they are more successful in completing suicide than females.

So I don't think domestic violence is less frequent but reported less due to the shame, humiliation, stigma and gross misunderstanding on how society sees males who are suffering from DV or have been sexually abused.

I hope Travis' case and many others like him.... who were murdered by a domestic partner or ex partner because the female murderer was a domestic violence abuser..is brought more to the light and attention. Murdering them because the victim no longer wanted the abuser in their lives. They die for the same reasons why females are murdered by their DV abuser.

One of my husband's co-workers was murdered about five years ago as he left for work one morning. She shot him 7 times (6 in the back and one in the head) and oh yeah she tried to claim self defense even though when he dropped to the ground he still had his coffee cup in his hand and his lunch in the other hand.:( He had petitioned for a divorce from his very abusive wife of 18 years and the court had awarded him the children. She had abused him for years and he never reported her. She murdered him one day shy of him getting his divorce finalized and she was given LWOP. Her daughter testified against her mother telling the jury how mean she was to her father and he never laid a hand on her during all that time he endured her abuse.

IMO, it is happening way more to men than people think.

Thank you so much for your answer. Let me explain - I viewed this 48 hours doc and also followed the sentenccing some days ago. Since I knew about the case last week I have been catching up in all I could find about. Have also been reading here in WS the transcriptions, letters, journals, messages, vídeos, etc.

What I really wanted now was to reach the very first thread about Travis Alexander reporting he went missing. I'd like to see posts and reports since that day of June on. To see the development of the case, the opinions of the posters, the day his body was found, the way they were led to the now rotten inmate for life in Perryville :jail: , her detention, etc, etc. This first hour's thread and on is what I can't find.

As for the monster, I hate what she did and what she represents. I wonder how many others are her alike and I fear so much that one day any of them can cross my children's path or anyone else's path. She is evil to the core :burn: and very, very dangerous

Thank you1

I'm looking for the same thing and it's awkward without being able to sort-by-date the search results.
So far, this is as close to the beginning as I've gotten:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Alexander-and-Jodi-Arias-What-do-you-believe

If someone has a link to a thread closer to the date of the actual murder, pleasepleaseplease post for us? :please: :great: :blowkiss:

In addition to the reluctance of men to report being abused by a woman, I think other problems would be that men 1) are less likely to recognize that they're being abused, 2) be aware that it's not acceptable behavior, but are reluctant to go as far as classify it as abuse when in fact it *is* abuse, 3) recognize that it's abusive behavior but minimize it just as some women victims minimize it. Old movies joke about some as being henpecked husbands. There's henpecked and there's overt physical abuse with varying degrees between, but it can be abuse whatever you call it.

BBM

I believe it happens way more often than some may think. The studies already state that when a male is abused by a domestic violence abuser they are the least likely gender to ever tell anyone much less report it to the police. It is a dark hidden secret due to how society as a whole views it. Some are still under the false impression that larger men cant be horrifically abused by a smaller female. Heck even though it is 2015 there are some who really believe that a man cant be raped even though that is archaic thinking and has been proven wrong by experts in the field.

Women are far more likely to tell someone they have been abused than men. Even males that may be friends with the victim doesn't understand it so therefore the male has no one to turn to that even understands. Women usually are more expressive and have close friends they can talk with and have support.

I did read though that around 1.3 million females call 911 every year to report domestic abuse by a male partner or ex and around 750K men reported abuse being done to them by a female abuser. Iirc that stat was from 2006. Also I just read an article yesterday that domestic violence perpetrated by a female abuser is on the rise. I really think that finally more men are reporting it rather than trying to handle the abuse on their own.

In this country we have around 25K men who commit suicide per year and around 3,500 females who do I have read many articles over the years that have stated that a male is 10 times more likely to contemplate suicide when they have been sexually abused than female victims and that includes being sexually abused by a female offender. And we already know they are more successful in completing suicide than females.

So I don't think domestic violence is less frequent but reported less due to the shame, humiliation, stigma and gross misunderstanding on how society sees males who are suffering from DV or have been sexually abused.

I hope Travis' case and many others like him.... who were murdered by a domestic partner or ex partner because the female murderer was a domestic violence abuser..is brought more to the light and attention. Murdering them because the victim no longer wanted the abuser in their lives. They die for the same reasons why females are murdered by their DV abuser.

One of my husband's co-workers was murdered about five years ago as he left for work one morning. She shot him 7 times (6 in the back and one in the head) and oh yeah she tried to claim self defense even though when he dropped to the ground he still had his coffee cup in his hand and his lunch in the other hand.:( He had petitioned for a divorce from his very abusive wife of 18 years and the court had awarded him the children. She had abused him for years and he never reported her. She murdered him one day shy of him getting his divorce finalized and she was given LWOP. Her daughter testified against her mother telling the jury how mean she was to her father and he never laid a hand on her during all that time he endured her abuse.

BBM

Yup! Besides Jodi- there's Marissa DeVault, and this new case- Shayna Huber, cases like Stacy Castor and Lynn Turner where they just poison them, and one I just saw on one of the rerun shows on ID channel-either 48 Hours or Dateline- Ana Trujillo. All abused and killed their men, some more than one. Just different methods.

In addition to the reluctance of men to report being abused by a woman, I think other problems would be that men 1) are less likely to recognize that they're being abused, 2) be aware that it's not acceptable behavior, but are reluctant to go as far as classify it as abuse when in fact it *is* abuse, 3) recognize that it's abusive behavior but minimize it just as some women victims minimize it. Old movies joke about some as being henpecked husbands. There's henpecked and there's overt physical abuse with varying degrees between, but it can be abuse whatever you call it.
Or the denial factor- they think they can handle it because they have no idea just how desparate/enraged/cold-blooded their predators are. If only Travis had locked his doors, gotten a restraining order and cut off all contact with her. If only Ana Trujillo's victim hadn't gone home with her and had cut off all contact...

I didn't read that part. What I read in the news here is it is to do with hair testing only and not all of their forensic analysis in other areas. Rarely is there just hair evidence only in a trial but other forensic evidence is also admitted as well as lay witness testimony too plus other CE.

I would like to see no errors happen that either convict or exonerate unjustly but the reality is as you say OBE...that most cases are not judged based on forensic hair analysis alone. It happens, but such a scenario is the exception rather than the rule. I will not be surprised when in the end the number of cases legally affected by these hair analysis errors is very, very small, if any.

Wow, I'm listening to the german news and they report that the FBI admits that thousands of their forensic analysis have been wrong und led wrongfully to death penaltys and long term prison penaltys.
Gosh, that's terrible.

I listened to that report last night and I didn't hear them say the FBI admit any of their errors had led to wrongful convictions- I heard the Innocence Project people say that, but the FBI just stated that they had found errors. Until every one of these cases is reopened I don't see how anyone can state this as fact..

Agreed. Just like Martinez noted: out of one side of her mouth the killer said: "I'm sorry for the pain I have caused to those who loved Travis" - then out of the other side of her mouth the killer said: "I do remember the moment the knife went into Travis's throat and he was conscious".
The message was contradictory in intent: one just a play on words, lacking congruence, possibly something she had been advised to say; her next words were used with intent to cause distress to those who loved Travis. This is one dangerous individual. That seething desire, that murderous rage lurked just beneath the surface - even as she was doing down for LWOP. My opinion only.
--------------
Hi Fuskier, I agree with you. I do have doubts about him being conscious when throat slashed. Our Dr. told me if my husbands aorta burst he'd have 5 minutes at most before he bled out. Between the belly cut and stabs I don't think he'd be alive let alone conscious. Witch wanted it harder for the family. Dr. Garavaglia said if one is dead and receives a gash such as this they bleed out anyway, with a vein once dead it really doesn't bleed, small artery wont bleed either. She, (Witch) would kill again. I have no doubt.IMO.

Thank you.

I believe we owe the 25K+ men who are committing suicide each year in depth research to see what is really the root causes why so many men are killing themselves.

We are losing males at an alarming rate. Some towns are't even filled with 25K+ citizens.

I believe some of the root causes are because males are treated far differently in our society whether it is those who have suffered from emotional and physical abuse to those who have been raped and that includes rapes committed by females and many of the rapes are by their own mothers/grandmothers/aunts or some other female family member.

IMO

Well, someone is still posting on behalf of :jail: #281129:

From Twitter:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Apr 18

"Jodi is an upbeat and friendly person" "Unless ur having weekly conversations w/Jodi it's really hard to know her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6FLDaVa_0&feature=youtu.be …

Sounds like her sorrow is already turning into joy. :D

arias-jpg.jpg

OT: Help spread the word and get John Doe's identity found! Posted by Miss Muffet. If we can favorite and re tweet her tweets once a day, someone just might know who he is!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Mar-92/page70

I'm needing Websleuther love for my tweets.

https://twitter.com/johnDoeNV1992

The main tweets that don't start with @ or # need favorite-ed to rise to the top of the # pages. They also need to be retweeted with comments and/or retweeted to someone else with @. Apparently your own comments added to retweets makes retweets more powerful. The person you @ comment in your retweet doesn't have to be a follower of yours.

It only takes a minute or two per day. Just go directly to John Doe's page instead of trying to find tweets on your own page. You'll be working with the ones in "tweets" not the ones in "tweets and replies." Oh, follow me too because the more followers I have, the more people I'm allowed to follow myself.

If you tweet anything about our guy too, @ me with it and I'll retweet it too! It might get lost because I'm needing to follow tons of people/organizations. Just shoot me a message on twitter and I'll hunt it down to retweet.

To make it easier for you, I'm trying to keep the profile page free of my retweets so it's easy for you to find mine quickly. At the same time, I do need to retweet and interact with other sites to give them back love and garner attention. It's also important that every single one of my tweets doesn't have a link and my # are relevant to the # categories. That's why I need you guys to help move the ones with links and images along. The ones without links still need to be favorite-ed and occasional retweeted to your own followers to give them more preference to rise at the top of the # pages. Don't bother with my direct tweets to other people and organizations (they start with @). I over 50 of those. They're not as powerful but they're important.

On an up note, there is progress since I started yesterday. A couple of big twitter accounts with over 70k followers retweeted. I've attracted some followers from the media and a few inquiries.

Thank you so much for helping. You're all fantastic!

If CMJA has some serious problems in prison; eg, fights, disobeying personnel,or bringing in contraband,do you think there's a way for us to find out?

Don't know if been answered, but yes, you can go to the Perryville website and search by inmate #. Not sure how often it gets updated. You can check anyone in Perryville. (DeVault, Simpson ? ? ?)

Well, someone is still posting on behalf of :jail: #281129:

From Twitter:

"Jodi is an upbeat and friendly person" "Unless ur having weekly conversations w/Jodi it's really hard to know her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6FLDaVa_0&feature=youtu.be …

:thinking: Yeah, right ... NOT ! She is PO'd !

At approx 40.50min, according to Troy and his informants, JSS wanted the DP 4 #JodiArias - talk about being fair...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb0t2gZrJM&index=3&list=WL …

oh good Lord! Is she going to go after Troy a reporter, now? :sigh:

Very good points being made.

I think a lot of men just like some woman don't report domestic abuse because of the fear of the stigma and even fear of embarrasment.

Its so sad and it is so similar in a lot of ways to how woman sometimes will not open up to friends or family that their boyfriend or husband is either verbally or physically abusing them. We have all heard stories of how woman would sometimes use makeup to hide bruises and worse. For men who are being abused, it is the same sort of thing and maybe at times even harder for a man to open up to anyone about it.

Its like people are saying here. Physical and mental abuse can be done by either sex and it does happen amonsgt both sexes. The frequency of it occurring by a female on a male maybe a lot less frequent but it can and does still happen.

Glad to see in this case that the monster was convcited and sentenced for it. Cases like these will help the public understand and be more open that these sorts of things can and do happen by both sexes.

Agreed. Roles have changed since my parents/grandparents generation. (baby boomers). From personal experience, my brother had to leave his abusive ex-GF. I always told my brother I thought she was a sociopath. lol She was very mean and controlling, cunning, manipulative, you name it. But guess what? She was very good looking. I am so happy he split from her after 7 years of hell.

At approx 40.50min, according to Troy and his informants, JSS wanted the DP 4 #JodiArias - talk about being fair...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb0t2gZrJM&index=3&list=WL …

OK JSS could have wanted the jury to decide on the DP. But I have a problem with this exchange. Firstly TH states that the sources that he had who knew JSS, said that she wanted the DP, and was upset that JA didn't get it. I can't imagine JSS sharing her personal opinion during the trial, so maybe his sources said this after the trial. The female host states that JSS knew that the jury was 11 to 1 for the DP. This is not true. She then states that it is kind of obvious (paraphrasing) that JSS wanted JA to get the DP, because she sent the jury back to deliberate some more. WTH? Every judge on the planet should do this if there is a chance of a hung jury. It doesn't reflect any personal agenda on the judge.

TH doesn't correct her on this, but agrees, and adds that it was like JSS was saying "I don't accept the verdict that you just put out--go get the one I want". Sorry-but he just lost a lot of credibility IMO. I don't even understand what he is talking about.

I do think that JSS was more than happy to give JA LWOP. But that is the only thing that I am confident about. I am giving her credit for that, in spite of the reality that if she hadn't done it--it would have been political suicide for her reelection to the bench. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove