Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, oceanblueeyes. Domestic abuse is a two-way street. Everyone needs to see that it applies to women as well as men. Without a level playing field, there is no justice.

BBM. I don't agree with this, although maybe it's just the phrasing (and not the intent) that's worrying me. Domestic abuse, IMO, is not a "two-way street" in the sense that it is reciprocal, i.e. the victim gives and good as s/he gets. However, I do believe domestic abuse of men by women is not that unusual, and that it is way underreported, because it is very difficult in our culture to see men as vulnerable beings. Also, women are not seen to be cruel or physically aggressive. Women are seen to be manipulative, though, easily enough; it's interesting that Jodi has a pathologically exaggerated version of this quality.

If CMJA has some serious problems in prison; eg, fights, disobeying personnel,or bringing in contraband,do you think there's a way for us to find out?

I believe it is public information. You can look at Angela Whatshername's prison entry on the AZ DoC website and see how many infractions she's had already. I'm sure she'll make the Perryville Princess' life miserable. Contraband is taken very seriously at PV, as are trading, exchanging, selling, or stockpiling commissary items. IIRC, prisoners are strip-searched before and after contact visitation.

Too bad Camia Gamet isn't JA's cellie........ Oops my bad.

BBM. I don't agree with this, although maybe it's just the phrasing (and not the intent) that's worrying me. Domestic abuse, IMO, is not a "two-way street" in the sense that it is reciprocal, i.e. the victim gives and good as s/he gets. However, I do believe domestic abuse of men by women is not that unusual, and that it is way underreported, because it is very difficult in our culture to see men as vulnerable beings. Also, women are not seen to be cruel or physically aggressive. Women are seen to be manipulative, though, easily enough; it's interesting that Jodi has a pathologically exaggerated version of this quality.

Yes, sorry. I totally phrased that wrong. What I meant was that both men and women can be abusers.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Just checking in for any updates !

And any updates on #281129 ?

Well, someone is still posting on behalf of :jail: #281129:

From Twitter:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Apr 18

"Jodi is an upbeat and friendly person" "Unless ur having weekly conversations w/Jodi it's really hard to know her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6FLDaVa_0&feature=youtu.be …

:thinking: Yeah, right ... NOT ! She is PO'd !

At approx 40.50min, according to Troy and his informants, JSS wanted the DP 4 #JodiArias - talk about being fair...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb0t2gZrJM&index=3&list=WL …

Well, someone is still posting on behalf of :jail: #281129:

From Twitter:

"Jodi is an upbeat and friendly person" "Unless ur having weekly conversations w/Jodi it's really hard to know her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6FLDaVa_0&feature=youtu.be …

:thinking: Yeah, right ... NOT ! She is PO'd !

At approx 40.50min, according to Troy and his informants, JSS wanted the DP 4 #JodiArias - talk about being fair...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb0t2gZrJM&index=3&list=WL …

Upbeat and friendly when she's trying to scam you into doing something to benefit HER. We know the true sociopath. Gosh Jodi... too bad you let the mask slip in your final goodbye. Good riddance! Enjoy the hot summer....lol.

::
Upbeat and friendly when she's trying to scam you into doing something to benefit HER. We know the true sociopath. Gosh Jodi... too bad you let the mask slip in your final goodbye. Good riddance! Enjoy the hot summer....lol.

:happydance: LOL I hope it's the hottest summer on record!

BBM

That was my thought when I saw that booking photo from Perryville - that it finally dropped its mask.

I read a tweet that Sheriff Joe will be releasing his report on the inmates conduct in May. I wonder why he is waiting so long.

My guess is it takes time to have such a massive tome printed.

I really love the fact that the convicted murderer is reduced to a number...so debasing.:shame:

Having watched the sentencing day footage many times by now, as well as the follow-up Q and A with
Troy Hayden and Sammia, I have to say how tickled I am to realize just how much Juan and the Alexander women got under Jodi's skin.

It's hard to tell if she had planned on speaking. The tete a tete she had with Willmott prior to making her statement makes me wonder if it was mostly ad hoc. I think Willmott advised her against changing her script, but she probably knows as well as anyone that the ego of Jodi Arias will not be subject to such effrontery without some sort of verbal payback.

She did fall back on her very well-rehearsed (almost word-for-word) statement which we've heard before, about wishing she could do that day over, yadayadayada (which I think most people translate to mean: covering her tracks better). But the fact that she just HAD to start off by setting the record straight about what people had just said about her, makes you realize that despite her best efforts to appear unfazed, she was seething inside.

Troy made such a good point about her voice being different that day. Not the whispery, sweet, little girl voice of a poor innocent victim of abuse. In those few moments, she was full-throated; no one had to ask her to speak up, as both the defense and prosecution did during her secret testimony. As Troy said, that was her real voice. That was the real Jodi Arias.

Whether it was strategy or not, Juan and the Alexanders succeeded in drawing out her true nature. It wasn't a private phone conversation that she can go back and rescript; it's on the record for all to see (including the throat-slashing statement), and that truth about her will follow her forever. Amen.

ETA/BBM:

Again, whether it was intentional or not, I'm so happy that Jodi was likely still seething on her trip to Perryville...

Excellent post! It sure was noticeable how her voice was different that day...gone was her meek little poor-me-the-victim, barely above a whisper voice. The difference was striking.

I think Killer planned on speaking that day but not saying the things she ended up saying. Her saying, "I'm so sorry for all the pain I have caused those who loved Travis" in one breath while in another she rammed home that he suffered when she slashed his throat was a glaring contradiction. I think her plan was to say the former but she added the latter on the fly after Martinez stated the family hoped Travis died prior to that injury being inflicted. The witch jumped on that opportunity to stomp on the family's hope, and she never even considered that gloating over the pain Travis endured totally canceled out her claim of being sorry for the pain she caused his family!

There were other comments she obviously added on the fly, too, but that one was the most obvious. I think that even if the killer had not planned on speaking at all at her sentencing, she would have changed her mind solely for the chance to make that ugly, vile comment.

IMO.

Thank you so much for your answer. Let me explain - I viewed this 48 hours doc and also followed the sentenccing some days ago. Since I knew about the case last week I have been catching up in all I could find about. Have also been reading here in WS the transcriptions, letters, journals, messages, vídeos, etc.

What I really wanted now was to reach the very first thread about Travis Alexander reporting he went missing. I'd like to see posts and reports since that day of June on. To see the development of the case, the opinions of the posters, the day his body was found, the way they were led to the now rotten inmate for life in Perryville :jail: , her detention, etc, etc. This first hour's thread and on is what I can't find.

As for the monster, I hate what she did and what she represents. I wonder how many others are her alike and I fear so much that one day any of them can cross my children's path or anyone else's path. She is evil to the core :burn: and very, very dangerous

Thank you1

Hi, Here is a link to the local paper after they first discovered Travis. This article was dated 6/13.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/06/13/20080613mr-victim0614.html

BBM

That was my thought when I saw that booking photo from Perryville - that it finally dropped its mask.

That is a look of revenge IMO. She has been working on her appeal for awhile I bet. She probably has her
PI scouring all message boards and asking tons of questions. The answers the inmate wants to hear wont be from here.
1 question, does the PI have a right to twist information like the Defense can or are they required
To rely on only facts.? Hope her appeal takes decades gives her something to look forward to. Lol

BBM

Thanks, oceanblueeyes. Domestic abuse is a two-way street. Everyone needs to see that it applies to women as well as men. Without a level playing field, there is no justice.

Very good points being made.

I think a lot of men just like some woman don't report domestic abuse because of the fear of the stigma and even fear of embarrasment.

Its so sad and it is so similar in a lot of ways to how woman sometimes will not open up to friends or family that their boyfriend or husband is either verbally or physically abusing them. We have all heard stories of how woman would sometimes use makeup to hide bruises and worse. For men who are being abused, it is the same sort of thing and maybe at times even harder for a man to open up to anyone about it.

Its like people are saying here. Physical and mental abuse can be done by either sex and it does happen amonsgt both sexes. The frequency of it occurring by a female on a male maybe a lot less frequent but it can and does still happen.

Glad to see in this case that the monster was convcited and sentenced for it. Cases like these will help the public understand and be more open that these sorts of things can and do happen by both sexes.

Happy (belated) Birthday, ZoeyW!!!

Enjoy all your posts and links you provided for us! Bless you!

A bouquet of Travis Blue Tulips!

Attachments

• BlueTulipVase.jpg
    BlueTulipVase.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 361
Excellent post! It sure was noticeable how her voice was different that day...gone was her meek little poor-me-the-victim, barely above a whisper voice. The difference was striking.

I think Killer planned on speaking that day but not saying the things she ended up saying. Her saying, "I'm so sorry for all the pain I have caused those who loved Travis" in one breath while in another she rammed home that he suffered when she slashed his throat was a glaring contradiction. I think her plan was to say the former but she added the latter on the fly after Martinez stated the family hoped Travis died prior to that injury being inflicted. The witch jumped on that opportunity to stomp on the family's hope, and she never even considered that gloating over the pain Travis endured totally canceled out her claim of being sorry for the pain she caused his family!

There were other comments she obviously added on the fly, too, but that one was the most obvious. I think that even if the killer had not planned on speaking at all at her sentencing, she would have changed her mind solely for the chance to make that ugly, vile comment.

IMO.

Agreed. Just like Martinez noted: out of one side of her mouth the killer said: "I'm sorry for the pain I have caused to those who loved Travis" - then out of the other side of her mouth the killer said: "I do remember the moment the knife went into Travis's throat and he was conscious".
The message was contradictory in intent: one just a play on words, lacking congruence, possibly something she had been advised to say; her next words were used with intent to cause distress to those who loved Travis. This is one dangerous individual. That seething desire, that murderous rage lurked just beneath the surface - even as she was doing down for LWOP. My opinion only.

Wow, I'm listening to the german news and they report that the FBI admits that thousands of their forensic analysis have been wrong und led wrongfully to death penaltys and long term prison penaltys.
Gosh, that's terrible.

Wow, I'm listening to the german news and they report that the FBI admits that thousands of their forensic analysis have been wrong und led wrongfully to death penaltys and long term prison penaltys.
Gosh, that's terrible.

I didn't read that part. What I read in the news here is it is to do with hair testing only and not all of their forensic analysis in other areas. Rarely is there just hair evidence only in a trial but other forensic evidence is also admitted as well as lay witness testimony too plus other CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling