Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Camia Gamet case out of Michigan was a doozy. I don't believe I ever saw such a remorseless person in my life. I loved the sentencing by this Judge.... he was more than pissed, LMAO. Video is a must see.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2014/04/judge_responds_angrily_after_c.html

I remember that. The Judge was furious with this cold hearted killer and let her have it. Good for him. I have seen other Judges dress the defendant down too at sentencing.

Sorry to intrude or anything, I think everyone on here has one case that they are pulled to more than that others (and for some it is probably this one for you lovely ladies!) and Neo is mine. Always made me feel sad that he never got as much interest here on websleuths so could use your expertise and opinions greatly. Thanks ladies for your help as always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is an interesting case. I have previously done some research into it. At this point, I fear that he is dead, but you are right in that he deserves the same quest for justice, and answers as to what happened to him as any one else. I don't know what we can find out that LE hasn't already discovered, but it's worth a shot...

Women can't simply claim to be abused every time they murder a man. Especially when there is a total lack of physical evidence of abuse.

They can, as defending oneself in a court of law can't be legislated away, but that doesn't mean a jury is going to believe them, and as we've seen in many cases, lots of people's claims about abuse aren't believed, or if it is, they still don't get a pass.

The thing is, and this is something that very few people will actually admit publicly on a forum (though I've gotten PMs about this in the past by people who agree), some of TA's words (as shown in texts) were abusive. The rationalization, and it's a darn good one, is that Arias deserved it because she was so evil and manipulative, it was all he had left. That doesn't mean TA was an "abuser" and it doesn't mean he deserved to die, but those words do exist and they were authored by TA, and a jury did get to see them, and there's no law that can prevent that if a judge determines it's relevant and timely to the case.

If a defendant takes the stand and makes statements, that testimony is considered evidence in a court of law. That doesn't mean it's true, but ultimately it's up to a jury to decide what is true and what is not, and how much weight to give witness testimony. I can't quite figure out how a law is going to change that.

Over and over again, the Criminal Justice System seems to give women a pass. It's a sickening double-standard. If Jodi had been a man, "he" would undoubtedly have been sentenced to death. And no appeals court would ever have overturned that conviction.

Add to that the fact that we (speaking for myself only) women's rights activists were successful in getting courts to stop "blaming the victim" when it comes to rape, it's such an insult to true victims of domestic violence that its now become such a commonplace defense tactic when women commit pre-meditated murder. The tables have turned.

The two should never have become conflated. It's an embarrassment to those of us who fought so hard to make domestic violence a viable defense, that we are now seeing it used by pathological women, most of whom, through their narcissism and psychopathy alone, don't fit the standards of abuse.

There has to be a middle ground. Women can't simply claim to be abused every time they murder a man. Especially when there is a total lack of physical evidence of abuse.

I think KatieCoolady's idea of addressing this issue on the legislative level is a good thing. I hope that there will be a Travis Alexander's Law enacted soon.

Excellent post Gigi!

Very well done and so truthful.

I hope and pray that one day soon a law will be enacted in Travis' name. No victim of domestic violence should be blamed for their own murder when there is only the lying words of the defendant who has more to gain by lying than anyone. We must standup for all domestic violence victims.........both females and males.

I just read an article this afternoon that stated domestic violence perpetrated by women against male victims is happening more and more often now. I think the reason for it is they have gotten away with it for far too long.

Thank you for supporting all victims of domestic violence...........not just one gender. This has been my one hope ever since I got involved with crime message boards. I literally believe in justice for ALL and for that to happen the gender of the offender must be put aside in each and every case and be judged solely on the evidence entered.

Every time I see Travis' photo that states he was a victim of domestic violence homicide I tear up. I hope that Travis' case will bring about new awareness that men too can be victims and often are.

There is another case going on right now where the woman of course is claiming self defense even though she shot him 6 times because he wanted to break up with her.

Thank you.

IMO

These words from the family of Marcel Hill, murdered by Camia Gamet (case I referenced up thread) ring true that MEN can be, and are, abused by females.

“Marcel loved you with all he had to give and you knew as well as we do there was no love from you,” Banks-Joiner said.

She said Gamet only was there to take what she could from Hill.

“The gift you had for him was the gift of death.”

Banks-Joiner wants Gamet to remember the “set look” Hill had in his eyes after he died and his cries for help as she plunged the knife in and out of his body.

“We as a family will take this special gift that you gave Marcel and tell it to other men of all ages, sizes and races that abuse is abuse regardless of what gender,” Banks-Joiner said.

“And that they are not less of a man for reporting it and walking away but a better man because they know that love is not being beat, stabbed or hit in the head with hammers.”

Excellent post Gigi!

I hope and pray that one day soon a law will be enacted in Travis' name. No victim of domestic violence should be blamed for their own murder when there is only the lying words of the defendant who has more to gain by lying than anyone. We must standup for all domestic violence victims.........both females and males.

I just read an article this afternoon that stated domestic violence perpetrated by women against male victims is happening more and more often now. I think the reason for it is they have gotten away with it for far too long.

Thank you for supporting all victims of domestic violence...........not just one gender. This has been my one hope ever since I got involved with crime message boards. I literally believe in justice for ALL and for that to happen the gender of the offender must be put aside in each and every case and be judged solely on the evidence entered.

Every time I see Travis' photo that states he was a victim of domestic violence homicide I tear up. I hope that Travis' case will bring about new awareness that men too can be victims and often are.

There is another case going on right now where the woman of course is claiming self defense even though she shot him 6 times because he wanted to break up with her.

Thank you.

IMO

BBM

Thanks, oceanblueeyes. Domestic abuse is a two-way street. Everyone needs to see that it applies to women as well as men. Without a level playing field, there is no justice.

All the domestic violence agencies in my state are very clear that anyone (male, female, child) can be a victim of DV. We don't see too many criminal cases (and I can't think of any actually) in which the perp is a man who kills a woman and claims he was a victim of abuse and he killed the woman in order to protect himself. I'm not saying it's never happened, just that I can't recall any.

boy, she is so pissed that she can't even summon her game face/voice for the judge while she's being sentenced by her. She was SEETHING. To me, it was the purest "Jodi" we'd seen/heard.

Kind of funny in a way. All those years of carefully structured storytelling and endless days on the stand acting a part and it all goes up in flames as she disappears, hopefully forever, from public view. She couldn't contain her hatred of the Alexanders who represent Travis to her and, in her warped psycho mind, represent how she has been victimized. Doncha all know she HAD to kill him-he was going to ruin her plans, the con to get a successful, naive, hardworking, pliable Mormon husband. I've always felt she thought she stumbled into nirvana with the Mormon community. So many good-hearted hardworking people ripe for plundering. How dare he cast her aside, how worried she was that he would ruin her chances with the next Mormon mark.

So, on her final day in the spotlight, there were no more rules of evidence, of presumptions in favor of the defendant, protections for her rights, all that was over and the family could finally say whatever they wanted. So could her own sole witness, her Mother, who in true Arias fashion was so over the top, tone deaf and clueless that she evoked only disdain. But not the Alexanders. They spoke the truth from their hearts and did not have to contain their emotions to protect the process any longer. Not even her lawyers could do anything-no more repeated pop-up objections to thwart the flow. And boy, did she HATE that.

And so in her raging farewell appearance she even managed to confess details of the murder that she repeatedly claimed were covered by that dense "fog" that was apparently not so dense after all.

She thus went out like the seething, murdering liar she is. And all is a little bit more right with the world.

I can not say Thank You enough, you said it all.

Thanks for this. Isn't AZCentral the same media outlet that pays Kiefer's salary?

Were it truly a neutral media source, I bet the results of that poll would be skewed much more against Arias (though I doubt most Arizonans care anything about her)...

Well, I think you're right - I'd already forgotten him!
LOL, maybe he voted several times :D

Here is a link about Marie Hilley if anyone is interested.

►Brief Chronology:

May 25, 1975 – Frank Hilley, husband, dies.

1977 – Lucille Frazier, Marie’s mother, dies.

1979 – Daughter Carol Marie Hilley, 20, survived

Nov. 1979 – Carrie Hilley, mother-in-law, dies. Suspected murder.

Neighbor children; poisoned, survived

Police & fire investigators – illness, suspicion of poisoning

2 arson fires

Nov. 12 or 13, 1979 – on the lam until Jan. 13 or 14, 1983

Feb. 22, 1987 – on the lam for four days, causing her death.

http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.com/2014/09/audrey-marie-hilley-alabama-escape.html

I read a book about her along time ago. She was definitely a monster. She acted as her twin sister and met and married another man, before she was caught the first time.

Excellent post Gigi!

Thank you.

IMO

Thanks. Here is some helpful info on the topic for anyone who wants to learn more:

http://ncfm.org/2009/01/issues/domestic-violence/

I read a book about her along time ago. She was definitely a monster. She acted as her twin sister and met and married another man, before she was caught the first time.

That case was almost too crazy to be true! But as they say, truth is stranger than fiction...

That case was almost too crazy to be true! But as they say, truth is stranger than fiction...

I know what you mean! If someone were to submit the facts of this case as an outline for a book or screenplay for a movie, they'd face rejection as couldn't possibly be true.

btw: Backatcha GigiG! :loveyou:

I continue to follow this case, not because CMJA is or ever was special or important, but Travis was both! While I do admit that such a heartless cold blooded killer did spark my interest I stay because the killer took the life of a human being that could have made such a major impact in this world. Travis was no saint, he was human. The relentless persecution of her VICTM was disgusting, and the secrecy in this trial was just...appalling. I do want to see what REALLY went on during all the super secret sidebars etc. I won't even start on the defense, juror 17 or MDLR. I could rant all night lol. I will remain here, off and on because I think the victim had more value in this world than the cruel murderess.

OT:
Ok, kids, anyone with a twitter account, need your help!

A fantastic group of WS's are really tossing rocks and digging deep to ID a John Doe found in Nevada in 1992. Miss Muffet has started a Twitter for John Doe and needs:

1. Followers
2. ALL of her tweets "favorited" and re-tweeted.

If you have just a few minutes a day, PLEASE favorite and re-tweet! https://twitter.com/johnDoeNV1992

That thread has made some incredible progress and LE is on it following leads. Thanks!

WS's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Mar-92/page70

Ok, Done. I'm following...

If CMJA has some serious problems in prison; eg, fights, disobeying personnel,or bringing in contraband,do you think there's a way for us to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak