Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it have her ethnicity as Caucasian? I thought she was or has Spanish blood.

It could be that Caucasian is what she wishes she could be so that's how she responded when they asked her ethnicity.

Right!

I just did that, and it did not show up.
So, how do you know she was moved?

I understand it takes at least 30 days for her to be moved.

She arrived in Perryville on 4/13 and went through intake those first days. Her move on 4/20 was probably not really a move but an initial assignment, after finishing the intake process.

Many have asked why so many of us are still curious about this murder. JMTs I have always been a trial watcher , but I have never had the opportunity to dissect and study a trial of this nature to my satisfaction. This trial has afforded me something different and that is an education! I have learned so much about the machinations of the justice system, the role of the ME, LE, and the DT and I feel enlightened! Loads of that enlightenment came from the many members here who posted thought provoking and lively discussions of this case. It is difficult to disengage from any intense interest, hobby, or educational endeavor and peeps must allow themselves that time.

Back to my initial question...JMO I have seen, studied and opined enough time and effort to earn a degree in State vs JA and I appreciate it that it has broadened my mind and enriched my "trial watching" experience. That being said it is difficult to disengage from nagging questions or concerns and so until I am satisfied I will continue to actively read and occasionally comment on this case. OT Giving up smoking was easier lol.

Just a question or two:
The black socks in the washer. JMO TA never would have worn black socks with anything else that was found in the washer. Q. How many layers of black socks did CMJA use to cover her feet or JMO yoga shoes? The image of the foot in front of TA bloody body look a lot like a sock covered yoga shoe but the picture quality is poor. A sock covered yoga shoe could have easily caused the contusions and lacerations to TA ankles.
Where there any results from the shoe impression as to type or size of shoe?

Just some details that gnaw at me. TIA

http://www.azcentral.com/story/behi...-trial-verdict-emotion-painful-sobs/70356254/

All the while, every day, the family of Travis Alexander sat in the front row, eight feet from me, taking in the minute details of how their family member was slaughtered in his home on June 4, 2008. When photographs of the last sexual tryst between Arias and Alexander, which occurred only a couple of hours before he was murdered, and autopsy photos of Alexander's horrific stab marks and gaping neck wound appeared on a large screen in the courtroom, I could see and hear the family's shock and pain as many cried quietly in the front row. I looked across at the person who was accused of this unimaginable act, Jodi Arias, sitting 20 feet away, and wondered how that person, how any person, could commit such a crime.

How? She was unconcerned about his suffering, or that of his family, and is unrepentant. She probably wishes she could do it all over again - her statement regarding his awareness of being stabbed sounds like that was her last attempt to publicly destroy him, and we could see how she enjoyed doing that.
He had the nerve to reject her, and for daring to do that she just exterminated him......

Legal expert Dwane Cates said the Arias case will likely drag on for years, :gaah: as the appeals process runs its course.

"They're going to scrutinize every ruling Judge Stephens made," said Cates. "If they believe there is some error in that ruling - that will be an issue on appeal. This is going to be a monumental task."

Cates said there were so many controversial rulings and motions during the Arias' trials, that Arizona's Court of Appeals will likely be asked to review hundreds and hundreds of questionable legal issues.

Everything from Arias' secret testimony, intimidated witnesses, allegations of prosecutorial misconduct, and *advertiser censored* on the victim's computer, that was there during the second trial, but not the first."

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/28803647/legal-expert-jodi-arias-saga-far-from-over

I can't remember what interview or with whom, probably Troy and Sheriff Joe - but it will be housed permanently in Lumley in the same cell regardless of verdict of Death Penalty or Life. Reason being, there are so few Death Row prisoners that there's room at the inn for others who sentenced for violent crime. I think Lumley is a six-pod unit.

Lumley was always to be her Final Destination. *creepy music here*

Interesting forums can be found by googling prisontalk

I really wish I could convince myself that Travis was unconscious at the time his throat was slashed but I cant. The evidence shows he was alive as he tried to make his way down the hallway. There are smears on the wall where Travis is trying to use the wall to support himself, He was alive going down that hallway trying so hard to make it to freedom. IMO, but at the end of that hallway is when she pounced on him again when he had reached the carpeted area of his bedroom. I think he was trying to crawl away until then. Imo, she straddled him, pulled his head way back, and that is when she slit his throat and that is where the large pool of blood was. Once she cut his throat the open gaping wound would be bleeding profusely very quickly especially when his main arteries were severed. He was still bleeding out as she pulled him back down the hall to stuff him in the shower. It probably took his body another two minutes or so to bleed out after she slashed his throat open.

Imo, I do believe he was alive and conscious at the time when she slit his throat but too weak to do anything to stop her. Arias' main objective when she premeditated his murder was for him to know he was going to die and wanted him to know she was the one that was going to end his life. That is why she first used an up close and personal weapon to murder him. The long sharp deadly knife.

IMO

I still wonder if, and at what point, he had gotten away from her, could he have survived. It seems that the wound to the chest would have been rapidly fatal, but perhaps if he had gotten out of the house, EMTs could have provided life-saving assistance. I know it's a moot point, but I still wonder. Those people perform miracles every day.

Sometimes I put myself in his position and wonder what I would have done. I think he was totally focused on getting help, and Jodi was totally focused on preventing him from living one moment longer. She was so intent on killing him, he really didn't stand a chance.

I also sometimes put myself in Jodi's position. What did she have to gain? Nothing that any sane person could decipher. I think that's why the question of motive keeps coming up again and again without any clear answer.

The fact that she has now dug her heels in on a story that is based on something to the effect that he deserved it, is so telling. She's clearly mentally ill (and in denial about it), but then again, so is every other evil person. That doesn't give any of them a pass.

As an aside, during the sentencing retrial, Jodi was so (oddly) happy in court. I think two things were going on there:

1. Most days, she was wearing make-up, which she wasn't allowed to do during the first trial. I think she hated the fact that the first trial was televised and everyone saw her without the benefit of cosmetics. Even on the day of sentencing trial, she was wearing make-up, so although she looks awful in her new booking photo, imagine how plain-jane she would have looked without the enhancement of make-up, which she loves so much.

2. She truly thought all the red herring "evidence" she "uncovered" during her days acting pro per (*advertiser censored*, and/or chorn) would convince people that Travis was such an awful person that he deserved to die. I have no doubt that she still believes he deserved to die; her remorselessness speaks to that. But the truth remains that no evidence she presented meant anything to the jury.

She looks haggard, Like her life. When you look at the first mugshot, Psychosis aside she looks fresh, young, alive..
Now she looks dead, old and haggard. Time and no sun is taking it's toll on her.

The biggest punishment for her is going to be no attention, and no fun. No more outings to court, No more outings at all. She will live her life under a microscope in prison forever.

And she does deserve it. I don't believe she could be rehabilitated ever or that she would never do this again.

It is much safer for the world for her to be looked up for good.

She also looks more Hispanic. I am sure she is very afraid of this, since she was doing her best to conceal the ethnicity of her family. The most obvious evidence of this is that she required everyone to use an American pronunciation for Arias.

Wow. That's the most restrictive area - stands for Restrictive Status Housing Program. Those convicted of "Forbidden Three" acts (serious assaults on staff, serious inmate
on inmate assaults with a weapon and multiple inmates assaulting an inmate with serious injury) and anyone with a mental health score of 3 or higher are there - I think the more violent ones are kept in another area than the mental ones. All movement is in full restraints, property and privileges are limited and placements are reviewed every 30 days.

I'm loving this. I wasn't quite aware of my huh huh huh huh huh huh bully feelings until I met up with this case. Not a great thing to find out about oneself.....

I wonder if she's in that unit on grounds of assault or grounds of mental score? Would Demarte's assessment have contributed to a high mental rating? I do believe it was announced a while back that the Perryville Princess would be in the Lumley unit (her cell was shown on YouTube). Or is this a new development? Did she act out in orientation? Infractions would also be listed on her prisoner web page. Is everyone in Lumley in extreme lockup? It sounds like she is way more restricted than Devault was. And she only gets a review in 30 days, not an automatic upgrade. Sheriff Joe also promised that he had warned PV of JA's manipulative behavior and they responded they were ready for her! Part of the reason to isolate JA may be to minimize manipulation and playing off two CO's against each other. And the Governor of PV (or whatever you call her) looks like one tough broad: JA's not going to put anything over on her.

Legal expert Dwane Cates said the Arias case will likely drag on for years, :gaah: as the appeals process runs its course.

"They're going to scrutinize every ruling Judge Stephens made," said Cates. "If they believe there is some error in that ruling - that will be an issue on appeal. This is going to be a monumental task."

Cates said there were so many controversial rulings and motions during the Arias' trials, that Arizona's Court of Appeals will likely be asked to review hundreds and hundreds of questionable legal issues.

Everything from Arias' secret testimony, intimidated witnesses, allegations of prosecutorial misconduct, and *advertiser censored* on the victim's computer, that was there during the second trial, but not the first."

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/28803647/legal-expert-jodi-arias-saga-far-from-over

I have to admit upfront I do not like Cates.

I have read about prior appeals and when a defendant testifies the appeal becomes much harder to win.

It is very clear to me anyway that if anyone messed with Travis' computer it was the first DT. Juan proved that and the court will see that.

As far as JSS rulings. She above any Judge made sure JA got a very fair trial. Many of her rulings, in chamber meetings and sidebars were to protect the defendant.

And the *advertiser censored* is not a material fact that would have changed the outcome. He can spout his defense blah, blah, blah, but in the end any ruling or other issue let in or not let in must be severe enough that it would have changed the verdict.

JA more than anyone in history that I know of got to tell her 'story' for 18 agonizing days. And the lower appeal court has already stated that a defendant doesn't have a right to testify in secrecy and imo, the higher court will agree with the constitution.

And much to Cates dismay the prosecutorial misconduct claims were a farce and even a layman can see that and so will the higher court.

If she had been given death she may have a better shot of it being overturned but that wasn't the case. I do not see this case being overturned. The higher court will hear it of course the first time around but after doing so the case will be upheld.

JMO

Me too

I think all DP and M1 are housed in the same unit, only diff is the murderer can work her way out of that unit ie Devault has been moved to another unit working making .10 cents per hr.

I was surprised how fast Devault was moved I thought it would take longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for $.10 per hour, $.05 cents of which goes to the Alexanders in restitution, and that even then, Jodi can only earn this after months in extreme restriction.

Too bad we didn't get to see the presentence report.... Jodi must have waived that hearing so it couldn't be broadcasted all over the media.

I still wonder if, and at what point, he had gotten away from her, could he have survived. It seems that the wound to the chest would have been rapidly fatal, but perhaps if he had gotten out of the house, EMTs could have provided life-saving assistance. I know it's a moot point, but I still wonder. Those people perform miracles every day.

Sometimes I put myself in his position and wonder what I would have done. I think he was totally focused on getting help, and Jodi was totally focused on preventing him from living one moment longer. She was so intent on killing him, he really didn't stand a chance.

I also sometimes put myself in Jodi's position. What did she have to gain? Nothing that any sane person could decipher. I think that's why the question of motive keeps coming up again and again without any clear answer.

The fact that she has now dug her heels in on a story that is based on something to the effect that he deserved it, is so telling. She's clearly mentally ill (and in denial about it), but then again, so is every other evil person. That doesn't give any of them a pass.

As an aside, during the sentencing retrial, Jodi was so (oddly) happy in court. I think two things were going on there:

1. Most days, she was wearing make-up, which she wasn't allowed to do during the first trial. I think she hated the fact that the first trial was televised and everyone saw her without the benefit of cosmetics. Even on the day of sentencing trial, she was wearing make-up, so although she looks awful in her new booking photo, imagine how plain-jane she would have looked without the enhancement of make-up, which she loves so much.

2. She truly thought all the red herring "evidence" she "uncovered" during her days acting pro per (*advertiser censored*, and/or chorn) would convince people that Travis was such an awful person that he deserved to die. I have no doubt that she still believes he deserved to die; her remorselessness speaks to that. But the truth remains that no evidence she presented meant anything to the jury.

Watching a psychopath like Arias the motive has never left me puzzled.

If one reads about how they react to situations like rejection she fits the profile to a T when a psychopath turns to murder. Also Arias like so many psychopaths truly believe they are much smarter than anyone including LE, and fully believe they will get away with their crimes. Most of them are pathological liars, and they think so highly of themselves, and their ability to deceive that they are convinced anyone will believe the lies.

To Arias she was on a mission to eradicate the person who dared to reject her. Even when a psychopath doesn't resort to murder they will try with all of their might to make the person's life a living hell.

So her motive for murdering Travis has always been very clear to me. Often they do not think of the overall view at the time or the possible repercussions. They are so honed in on doing what they feel entitled to do at the time. That is why she doesn't regret it to this day. Still in her mind Travis deserved it because in her narcissistic mind no one had the right to reject her. Her narcissism is so overblown that she feels he deserved it.

But when caught they will do anything to protect the only one that means anything to them, and that is themselves. Hence all of the ridiculous disgusting, and vile lies rushed forth trying to throw Travis under the bus. Psychopaths never take responsibility for their own evil actions. They always play the victim, and blame the victim instead.

In her mug shot I don't see her as haggard or resigned. Imo, she is seething that no one bought the BS she was telling them. She really felt they would including JSS.

IMO

I have to admit upfront I do not like Cates.

I have read about prior appeals and when a defendant testifies the appeal becomes much harder to win.

It is very clear to me anyway that if anyone messed with Travis' computer it was the first DT. Juan proved that and the court will see that.

As far as JSS rulings. She above any Judge made sure JA got a very fair trial. Many of her rulings, in chamber meetings and sidebars were to protect the defendant.

And the *advertiser censored* is not a material fact that would have changed the outcome. He can spout his defense blah, blah, blah, but in the end any ruling or other issue let in or not let in must be severe enough that it would have changed the verdict.

JA more than anyone in history that I know of got to tell her 'story' for 18 agonizing days. And the lower appeal court has already stated that a defendant doesn't have a right to testify in secrecy and imo, the higher court will agree with the constitution.

And much to Cates dismay the prosecutorial misconduct claims were a farce and even a layman can see that and so will the higher court.

If she had been given death she may have a better shot of it being overturned but that wasn't the case. I do not see this case being overturned. The higher court will hear it of course the first time around but after doing so the case will be upheld.

JMO

Yep, I always felt Cates talks to hear himself talk and this is certainly another instance where something is said/reported without any real basis provided for why it should be taken as fact. We all have to remember that there are groups large and small who say/report things just to rile people up. I am not saying I know for a fact that Cates does that, but I have no reason to believe he doesn't.

Everyone who follows trials and their aftermath is quite aware of what is looked at in the appeals process. It may seem to some that JSS made some egregious legal errors that will surely result in reversal or a new trial. But I think those errors have actually already been ruled on--mostly dealing withe secret testimony and shutting the media out of the courtroom. Ignoring the Constitution is a no-no to the nth degree, and I am so glad it was appealed during the trial so we now do not have to worry about any issues growing out of that error in judgment.

Killer will file appeals but I do not think she will actually win anything. There may be a decision issued by a higher court saying this was wrong and that was not proper, but I predict nothing will be found that will overturn anything. Appeals court decisions where errors are mentioned but ruled not to have impacted the fairness of the trial or the verdict happen all the time so, should such decisions occur as a result of this killer's appeal, it is not automatically a cause for concern.

^^^^^

I find her so hideous, even in the first photo, the way she has her lips set and her head tilted and the dreadful fake hair.... You know she went to that convention purposely to lock onto Mr. Alexander. She had to have seen him at a previous "do" or else online in her PPL materials followed up with Facebook.

Rickshaw! I totally agree that she went to the convention seeking out Travis!! ..I think she found out about him while she was "looking into the company" and decided to go to the convention when she heard he was going to be there!!

I'm hoping for $.10 per hour, $.05 cents of which goes to the Alexanders in restitution, and that even then, Jodi can only earn this after months in extreme restriction.

Too bad we didn't get to see the presentence report.... Jodi must have waived that hearing so it couldn't be broadcasted all over the media.

I compare Devault and the murderer both M1.

Devault entered 6/11/14 began work program 11/12/14 worked 60 hrs @ .10

If murderer follows same route she will spend the hot blazing summer in the blue room. A little bit of justice I guess. I don't see her getting out of the blue room sooner, at least I hope not.

Did note Devault's 1st infraction was 8/1/14. Didn't take her long. Disrupt count/out of place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Jodiland the only thinking allowed is Magical Thinking. I am sure she thought of this as a game she could easily win. At the end she imagined herself being carried out on the shoulders of all of her adoring fans to the cheering crowd that awaited her release. Then she would appear on many TV shows, write a best-selling book and retire to France. From there she would travel and never run out of the money that would keep pouring in faster than she could spend it.

Now in JodiLand, she dreams of winning the appeal and repeating all the stardom ideas above.

Her real rude awakening has not come yet. It will arrive on the day that she realizes she will never leave prison and nobody cares enough to send a postcard, let alone money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove