Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. What could she say? "Oh I'm so so sorry I planned and plotted this murder. I am beyond sorry I tormented, tortured and butchered Travis. I really really really loved him. When he spurned me, it made me crazy and I did something I truly truly truly regret. Sorry! All forgiven now?" Uhhh....NO. No amount of "honesty" on the killer's part would have made a bit of difference in my opinion of her. She's a dangerous, rabid animal and actually should be put down; but locked away in a concrete box for the rest of her unnatural life will do. Bad food and granny panties and all.

:jail:

Well...posters have claimed they have respect for murderer Angela Simpson because she totally owns up to her killing and admits she's a dangerous offender.

But if the same respect could never be afforded to JA *IF* she had essentially done the same thing, then all that's left to understand is Arias represents something personal to the person who isn't a family member, wasn't a friend of the victim, and needs to put Arias in a special category due to their own needs. Now of course JA didn't do what Angela Simpson did, she didn't own up to her own deeds and admit to being evil, but I think it's an interesting question brought up on Twitter or wherever it originated.

I remember many people posting the reason they hated Arias to the extent they did (beyond the killing itself) is because she dragged her victim's name through the mud and 'assassinated his character' in court. Had she not done that...would people hate her less? Interesting question.

The most interesting thing of all (for me) is that Juan Martinez has gone on record that he doesn't hate this murderer, just hated her actions/killing. Juan gets it. He gets it on a level that shows how brilliant and emotionally grounded he is. He doesn't waste his energy, but focuses it exactly where it needs to be, on obtaining justice through legal means and being a superlative advocate for the citizens of his county.

Let's suppose for a moment that the speculation about JA manipulating her way to the top of the food chain in prison is accurate. She probably will continue to behave the way she always has. A leopard doesn't lose its spots just because you take her out of the jungle and put her in a zoo.

But think about what a hollow victory that is...queen bee at the state prison. Cannot ever know the beauty of a sunset on a lake, an ocean, in the mountains. Never will she hike a canyon on a cool, clear morning. No barbecues with friends, no amazing dinner at the new trendy restaurant. She'll never know the love of a good man, a glass of wine by the fireplace with her husband before bedtime. No coffee at the local breakfast diner with girlfriends she's known since childhood, no big family dinners at Thanksgiving and Christmas. No seeing friends jump into action to go the extra mile for her during a family crisis, no hugs and adoring smiles from a beloved child.

Think of all the joys that liberty brings. Being autonomous, making a new choice of how to spend one's time every single day. Freedom.

But no, the best she can hope for is to run the asylum...

Good riddance to her, and I hope she rots from the inside for the next 50 years while Travis' family goes about the lovely business of leading full lives abundant with the joy that only the ability to truly love others more than oneself can bring.

I enjoyed this bit: "Growing up, she tried to become a successful, giving, loving, honest person."

With the word 'tried' implying that she was unsuccessful. Whoops!

How does someone "try" to be an honest person - aren't we made that way? You either are or you aren't honest; there's no trying as far as I know.

Quote from a jw interview: "I believe that she was involved in an abusive relationship". That's a true statement. A statement that is the truth, but says nothing at the same time. It assumes the listener will understand that to mean that the victim was the abuser when it says nothing.

Again, word games. We all know (jw & nurmi, too) that 281129 was the abuser.

Think this post may be a good nomination for Post of the Day for Tricia!

Let's suppose for a moment that the speculation about JA manipulating her way to the top of the food chain in prison is accurate. She probably will continue to behave the way she always has. A leopard doesn't lose its spots just because you take her out of the jungle and put her in a zoo.

But think about what a hollow victory that is...queen bee at the state prison. Cannot ever know the beauty of a sunset on a lake, an ocean, in the mountains. Never will she hike a canyon on a cool, clear morning. No barbecues with friends, no amazing dinner at the new trendy restaurant. She'll never know the love of a good man, a glass of wine by the fireplace with her husband before bedtime. No coffee at the local breakfast diner with girlfriends she's known since childhood, no big family dinners at Thanksgiving and Christmas. No seeing friends jump into action to go the extra mile for her during a family crisis, no hugs and adoring smiles from a beloved child.

Think of all the joys that liberty brings. Being autonomous, making a new choice of how to spend one's time every single day. Freedom.

Good riddance to her, and I hope she rots from the inside for the next 50 years while Travis' family goes about the lovely business of leading full lives abundant with the joy that only the ability to truly love others more than oneself can bring.

Great post. Thank you.

Alot of people have left, but it's funny how those judgmental ones who feel the need to tell us to move on are the ones who keep hanging around to post that!

:tyou: As you can tell from my post count, I don't post a lot, but I am here reading about the cases that interest me at least once a day. I am not ready to move on from this one yet. There are still pieces of the puzzle out there and I want to see how the come together. After that I imagine because of the impact this case, like the Caylee Anthony case, had on me, I will occasionally check the Phoenix news to see if Jodi is making any noise. I will think of Travis and pray for his family. I have spent longer invested in this case than and these people than any other. I can't just turn it off like a switch.

Speaking of evil...

I watched a Dateline episode I recorded. This woman married this very laid-back guy, had a baby with him. They lived across the street from her parents. Her family was very involved in the child's day-to-day world, the woman was uber-controlling, constantly criticizing her husband over every little thing. They separated and he went missing...

Turns out he was murdered, his body stuffed into the trunk of the car, and the car set on fire, burning him almost to the point where he was nearly unrecognizable. It was laid-back guy. Wife and her own father conspired to murder this guy just to keep him away from his baby daughter. Then the mother of the wife participated in trying to have the paternal grandmother murdered since she had temporary custody of the child after the laid back guy's wife and her father were arrested.

All 3 family members are in prison with sentences ranging from 10 yrs to 45 and 54 years.

I consider that about as evil as it can get!

As I read this I was thinking the best Jodi could ever hope for is to be like Red from Orange is the New Black. And that type of power is very fragile. A queen in prison is usually not a queen for long. There is always some one younger, tougher and more power hungry coming up through the system.

How does someone "try" to be an honest person - aren't we made that way? You either are or you aren't honest; there's no trying as far as I know.

Working off that Felicity - "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Now that she's a lifer if she kills someone in prison would it make a difference since she already has a life sentence? Non LWOP inmates in prison should be afraid of her.

Now that she's a lifer if she kills someone in prison would it make a difference since she already has a life sentence? Non LWOP inmates in prison should be afraid of her.

She could be subject to the DP if she plotted and killed someone in prison and was convicted for that murder. However, I don't think we'll ever see that happen. She's in close custody and I don't think she'll get much of a chance to do that. This is not a prison like that in "Orange Is the New Black." This is hard core maximum and medium security.

I see on the TV schedule that the Arias 'Snapped' two parter is on this evening, if anyone can stomach any more of her.

M

Love your post!

I just watched the first show in a series on Netflix, called Hard Time -it is a documentary about a prison in Georgia, which follows prisoners
as they arrive and get into the system, and it is brutal- the prisoners will tell you that you are a nobody when you arrive- a sheep surrounded by wolves, who will bully you, steal from every chance they get..... Jodi is not going in there to be treated like some celebrity, more like a target for every psychopath.....

I give up! I was trying to figure out how to upload a photo from fox news 10 showing the door to her cell. It looks like it has a doggy door in the bottom! What is that about? Are they trying to make her feel at home? :eek:ddsmiley: It loaded anyway and I have no idea how! LOL!

Is that so she can get shackled before leaving the cell i.e. with the guard on the outside of the door? On TV, I've seen inmates they have a slot in the door where CO's reach through and attach handcuffs.

AFAIK, Jodi can only leave the cell shackled until she is upgraded by earning privileges. I'm thinking another inmate will sabotage her shot at an upgrade for the Perryville Princess.

One of my favorite phrasings in the second trial came from JSS. On the transcript of the sentencing, she added something to the effect, "Ms. Arias is not to be released for any reason during her lifetime." JSS was not a woman of many words as it turned out: that response to Nurmi's slew of gross prosecutorial conduct motions and requests to remove the death penalty and all the computer cr**....JSS managed to sort out the main points and write a very succinct response. I find this refreshing. It felt as though she was giving Jodi her sentence with no elaboration, no special attention, and then yelled "Next!" (Kinda like being at the DMV!) And on to the next convict....

Well...posters have claimed they have respect for murderer Angela Simpson because she totally owns up to her killing and admits she's a dangerous offender.

I remember many people posting the reason they hated Arias to the extent they did (beyond the killing itself) is because she dragged her victim's name through the mud and 'assassinated his character' in court. Had she not done that...would people hate her less?
Interesting question.

The most interesting thing of all (for me) is that Juan Martinez has gone on record that he doesn't hate this murderer, just hated her actions/killing. Juan gets it. He gets it on a level that shows how brilliant and emotionally grounded he is.

He doesn't waste his energy, but focuses it exactly where it needs to be, on obtaining justice through legal means and being a superlative advocate for the citizens of his county.
Hmm. Where to start...

BBM1 - No.

BBM2 - Juan gets it, but we don't? He doesn't hate the murderer, just her actions. GMAB, what do you expect him to say in an interview? This is his job. He can't publicly share his personal views on 281129, and it doesn't make my feelings wrong. Same with anyone else posting here that feels the same revulsion for 281129.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member