Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome blog and photos from last Monday. Very happy for her!

:loveyou:

Yes she deserves the moon and beyond. Ecstatic for her. I remember her from the Peterson Case. She is one special Lady. I thought I would get back out to Phoenix during the Arias Trial but my Sis keeps bouncing from Phoenix to Boulder City Nevada. Michigan during the summer. So we couldn't schedule anything that jived when Trial was on. I was hoping to meet up with KCL.

Hi Zoey, thank you. I know nothing about hispanic names or their translation. I saw a show (maybe 48 Hours) and he introduced himself as Esteban Flores and I never heard anyone call him anything else. I thought maybe you were thinking of Travis's brother. So sorry. I appreciate all your posts.:)

I saw on the twitter feed "Love for Tony F" (dedicated to Flores' teenage son who tragically died during the retrial), that even Flores' wife gently pokes fun at him for it. Something to the effect that although everyone who knows him calls him Steve, professionally at least, he refers to himself as Esteban. :)

Hi Zoey, thank you. I know nothing about hispanic names or their translation. I saw a show (maybe 48 Hours) and he introduced himself as Esteban Flores and I never heard anyone call him anything else. I thought maybe you were thinking of Travis's brother. So sorry. I appreciate all your posts.:)

Hi there. I want to thank you so much. You were one of the first ones to welcome me here and be kind to me. Hugs from me friend. It has been my honor to be here with all of you sweet people. We've laughed and cried and hoped together. It has been a long journey. I hope ALL GOOD THINGS for you. I'm happy it all ended with smiles of relief.
943520_7d3af26e6bf64f5ea54d677451636da1.jpg_srb_p_610_407_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

My opinion on both Simpson and Arias: Killers who should be locked away forever, and thankfully are. Just because one killer is honest about the reasons for her own killing and the other is not, doesn't change the actions of the crimes and doesn't elevate one killer as somehow better. Both are a danger to society and both earned their way into life sentences, and with both locked away, society will be safe from each of them. True justice doesn't really exist since the victims are still dead no matter what else happens, so this is as close as it's going to get.

As for just Arias herself, I've shared my feelings about her many times over the months, but I'll say it again: I feel she is a jealous, discarded woman who refused to move on and who was so immersed in her obsession the only way she thought she could get over it was to kill the object of her obsession (Travis). I see her as someone who could have made a decent life for herself but chose the path of destruction.

Thank you for your insight on your feelings towards and about the killer (Arias).

I know this is from yesterday but it's not as though Angela Simpson was totally honest. She was so forthcoming because Her excuse was he was a snitch and he deserved it. Like, "yeah I killed him, he was a snitch!" That is a lie. He wasn't a snitch he was just a guy she felt like acting out her murderous fantasies on. When told he probably wasn't a snitch her response was, "Oh, well." She knows he wasn't a snitch...

I did post an opine on the other case that bears similarity to this one. I do wish any and all folk who are being harassed in any form would report and create a Legal paper trail. I get it may not stop a crime in the end but it may stop such a case as this. Victim victimized over and over. No blame intended just pointing out something given the direction cases we see are going. No victim should be subjected to what Travis was at Trial and his Family. I once was a strong supporter of the DP despite my Country abolishing it years ago. This Trial has opened my eyes as to why it should be abolished period. Defendants are afforded way too much leeway at Trial. IMO it is a cost to the Victim, the Family and the taxpayers.

I realize folks like to slam JSS and there were often good reasons for this, but I think she is owed our appreciation as well. She can't have had much of a "life" all these years while dealing with Jodi. She obviously had a judge-load in addition to the burden of JA's trials. IIRC, she seemed sick only on one day in all those months of trial. She managed to stay on top of everyday convolutions and manipulations and know when she was being manipulated. She managed to stay under the media radar when the Nancy Graces of the media world were burrowing into everyone else's lives. And she produced some very fine written copy.

And from her demeanor, you never knew how JSS was thinking......It's unbelievably difficult to maintain that.

How many of us on here could handle what JSS had to do with as much grace as she did? I, for one, see a lot to envy in her capabilities and commitment.

If anyone watched Troy Hayden's q and a yesterday, he said he has it from good sources that JSS very much wanted her to get the death penalty. I thought that was fairly obvious really, but interesting to have it all but confirmed. TH has excellent sources.

Tonight's 20/20 is about someone who is more evil than Arias.

Woman has murdered 2 husbands within 5 years, using anti-freeze to poison each one, which is a horribly painful way to die and it takes each man at least 2 days to die.

She had 2 daughters with the 1st husband, the girls now grown up. She poisons her eldest daughter using an anti-freeze laced alcohol drink and left a suicide note near the daughter's body in her bedroom. Daughter is found by her sister, rushed to hospital and by some miracle she lives. The suicide note, supposed to have been written by the daughter, claims responsibility for poisoning both men (her father and her step father) and says she can't take the guilt anymore.

The mother had tried to make her daughter's 'death' look like a suicide. She wanted her own daughter to die and take the fall for the murder of the 2 men so LE would not investigate her and accuse her as they were already interrogating her and she was the main suspect.

The mother goes on trial and tries to throw her own daughter under the bus. The mother got her mother (grandmother of the girls) to believe the daughter is the killer of the 2 men. Talk about betrayal. Does it get more heinous than this?

We have another Einstein on our radar. That Shayna Hubers case in Kentucky is stating she has an IQ equal to Einstein and therefore can't pled insanity so she decided to plead battered woman syndrome. she even inflicted burses on herself.

You need to follow this case because it is so much like stabby Einstein 281129. She is very pretty and the victim Ryan Poston is very handsome, better looking and more successful than Travis was. The murderer is also a pathological liar just like #281129. Very narcissist. I have posted a link about her comments on how smart she is.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...bragged-about-killing-boyfriend-in-cold-blood

Is there a thread here on WS about this case?

BK site has the email from Sky to Travis, as well as Travis' reply. #28whatever was working them both.

IMO it became a perfect storm in Jodi's mind. The move back to Yreka, the dead end town, dead end job, small room at grandmas, a repossessed Infinity, a blown up BMW and her obsession was 1,000 miles away. She can't drive by his house to see who is there. She can't just drop in with some excuse just to see him. All she can do is stalk him via hacking his email, his Facebook or MySpace. It's not fair. He has a nice home, friends, car, job and he's looking for a wife. The wife will not be her, she is the late night phone sex call girl-not the girl he will share his life and lifestyle with. It's not fair. He is moving on. She can't. Something has to change for her to move on.
Then the May 26 fight. He makes clear that he knows she slashed his tires, twice. She hacked his Facebook He berates her. He admits he is addicted to her sexually and hates himself for not being stronger. She realizes that even if he has sex with her he actually feels disgusted by being with her.

So even if she moves on...she's put in almost two years of investing in being a PPL member, of being a Mormon. She likes the fact that Mormon men are marriage minded. She wants a successful man to marry her. Get her out of grandmas extra room, out of Yreka, away from the Purple Plum. She wants a house, a car. She sees a Mormon man as the quickest way. There are possibilities in PPL as well (hello Ryan). If she established a relationship and it became serious, Travis has a good chance of hearing about it. So, six months of building a relationship (for example) could be ruined by a phone call from Travis "hey dude, be careful...let me tell you just some of what I went through with her"...she doesn't have that kind of time.
It becomes clear to her. For Jodi to move on, Travis has to die. That way he cannot ruin her future love life and she gets rid of her obsession. She won't have to check up on him anymore. She won't feel bad anymore. And he won't be calling her any more names. She won't be the girl good enough to call at 2am for phone sex but not good enough to marry anymore.
So she steals grandpas gun and plans a road trip...

BBM ~ Exactly why I think gunshot first.

Great post! In the mind of of a scorned woman. Still reminds me of Betty Broderick/Ted Bundy combined.

Woman has murdered 2 husbands within 5 years, using anti-freeze to poison each one, which is a horribly painful way to die and it takes each man at least 2 days to die.

She had 2 daughters with the 1st husband, the girls now grown up. She poisons her eldest daughter using an anti-freeze laced alcohol drink and left a suicide note near the daughter's body in her bedroom. Daughter is found by her sister, rushed to hospital and by some miracle she lives. The suicide note, supposed to have been written by the daughter, claims responsibility for poisoning both men (her father and her step father) and says she can't take the guilt anymore.

The mother had tried to make her daughter's 'death' look like a suicide. She wanted her own daughter to die and take the fall for the murder of the 2 men so LE would not investigate her and accuse her as they were already interrogating her and she was the main suspect.

The mother goes on trial and tries to throw her own daughter under the bus. The mother got her mother (grandmother of the girls) to believe the daughter is the killer of the 2 men. Talk about betrayal. Does it get more heinous than this?

No. It does not! Wow.

We have another Einstein on our radar. That Shayna Hubers case in Kentucky is stating she has an IQ equal to Einstein and therefore can't pled insanity so she decided to plead battered woman syndrome. she even inflicted burses on herself.

You need to follow this case because it is so much like stabby Einstein 281129. She is very pretty and the victim Ryan Poston is very handsome, better looking and more successful than Travis was. The murderer is also a pathological liar just like #281129. Very narcissist. I have posted a link about her comments on how smart she is.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...bragged-about-killing-boyfriend-in-cold-blood

She sounds very similar. I liked the first cell mate/defense question and response in your link - between the lawyer and Dooley - 'Yeah, if somebody says they shot him in the face, they're guilty'.

Stacy Castor? I've seen this case on other shows. But I didn't know that she'd convinced her own mother that Ashley did it.

If anyone watched Troy Hayden's q and a yesterday, he said he has it from good sources that JSS very much wanted her to get the death penalty. I thought that was fairly obvious really, but interesting to have it all but confirmed. TH has excellent sources.

I had a thought that JSS might have mollycoddled the defense team because she really wanted the death penalty but expected herself to be impartial. It was her job to be impartial and her sense of herself. Out of her need to be impartial, she skewed in favor of the DT, as it were, to "balance things out."

While JSS may have gone to extremes to avoid looking partial, in the process she did everything possible to make a DP sentence stick 'til the end of time, for goodness sake! Of all the ironies.....

Anyway, I hope she has time to refresh herself and have some healthy recharging time before she has to get back to the grind.

I /WE need healthy time to recharge. Goodbye Ms. Arias. May you spend the rest of your days in hell.

L.L.

Was that the lady who wrote the word antifreeze as "antifree" in her daughter's suicide letter, which just happened to be the very same way she pronounced the word when she was interviewed by detectives? Innit funny how people hang themselves without even realizing it? Oh, and yes... not a nice lady. She's right up there with David Brown who shot and killed his wife, and then poisoned his daughter and set her up as the one who shot and killed her mom including a suicide letter he had her write. It couldn't have been David Brown though. He was miles away at a 7-11 buying a comic book at 2 in the morning when his wife was shot and killed. Mmm hmm...

Thanks for the link to the gmail chat. I had read the chat before but the comments and analysis on Lisa's blog were psychologically fascinating. I too think that Arias is a most dangerous female psychopath, if not the worst in our time. Potentially worse than Bundy. I believe she was about to take another "road trip" just prior to her arrest to commit another crime, even another murder. IMO the Hughes were next. Who travels with a 9mm handgun and knives? I believe she knew she was about to get arrested and still had some "unfinished business" and figured she had nothingto lose.
The relationship between Travis and his killer was complicated, that is apparent. I do think Travis, while recognizing something was just not right with CMJA, did not think she was capable of murder, or he would have taken measures to protect himself. I think Travis thought it was over as she had moved home, and never expected the killer to visit June 4. IMO she totally surprised him that day, and the rest is history. I believe the killer achieved great satisfaction with every stab and wanted Travis to suffer, which he did.
The killer is exactly where she should be. Locked away forever. She should never walk amongst us again. I don't ever think she will walk free. While JSS certainly got on my last nerve many times during those two trials, I think she crossed her T's and dotted her I's to prevent any appeal issue under which the killer can be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253