Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They know About specifically being involved prior to or during the trial on online communities dedicated to the trial?

They being the media i meant

Oh sorry, I was referring to the issue of her ex-husband having been prosecuted and convicted by Juan Martinez. Not sure about the online activity.

From what I've seen on twitter, they've been informed, or at the very least the media has, and it will be looked into you can bet.

Unfortunately, it seems someone alerted them and any of the links to their info have already been scrubbed.

For those who have read the May 26th exchange, does anyone gather that maybe JA was into prostitution? For the record, I have always thought that was far fetched, but let me give some examples (paraphrasing) from the conversation:

Travis to JA: You're good for something. Yeah, you're a 3 hole wonder.
JA: Maybe I can use you a reference?
JA: Yeah, according to you, I'd have that car paid off in one shift with vacation money to spare.

Later, TA to JA: I think you would choose a dollar bill over my life.

Then she talks about whoring around, Travis says this has happened, that she has been caught, about 30 times.

Then later Travis asks, Why did you try to cover it up after I told you I knew?

I still think prostitution is nutty, but WHAT are they talking about? It's clear that she was hacking into accounts and during this exchange, she was supposed to be writing an email to clear things up.

This poor man sounded so angry and tormented at this time. So sad and nobody knows what the hell was really going on.

where are you reading this full email? ty

AZL if you are around, I know that nothing can be done about CMJA's sentence now. However can juror 17 be prosecuted if it can be shown that she's lied about her knowledge of this case, and that she didn't disclose that her ex husband had been prosecuted by Juan Martinez in the past?

AZL if you are around, I know that nothing can be done about CMJA's sentence now. However can juror 17 be prosecuted if it can be shown that she's lied about her knowledge of this case, and that she didn't disclose that her ex husband had been prosecuted by Juan Martinez in the past?
I think the problem runs deeper than that. I dont think I can post what Im thinking.

I was wondering...if someone is already convicted of murder by the State, can Federal charges for murder be filed? I know it may be overkill (sheesh, did I just type that???), but just thought- crossing state lines to commit a crime is a criminal (Federal) offense, isn't it? Would it have to be decided in the beginning how JA would have been charged? Was charging her at the Federal level ever considered? Just curious.
The family will sue her and make sure she does not profit from book deals ect. Im sure she will find a way around that. Her family and trolls will work around the clock for her. Morons.

I'm out.

I am hoping that all of you wonderful people can find a way to step out of this for even just a little while. It isn't good for anyone.

Please take time for yourselves and don't obsess over this too much. Nothing any of us can do.

It feels so wrong, but I cannot let it consume my life. I hope you all can do the same.

Thanks Softail good advice. JMO

I am assuming that the special snowflake has been made aware that it was 11-1 in favor of death. Maybe it wiped that grin off her face.

All right, I'm jumping around alot cuz I'm so far behind...But I just read on one of the trial blogs that Juror #17 is the sister of Jodi's friend from childhood?
Also reading other stuff about this Juror...is it true? Or just upsetness?
Please someone fill me in?
If true, I just can not believe this...Is nothing true and real anymore?
What is happening to this world...I know...I am old...but I miss the way things were way back ...

I was wondering...if someone is already convicted of murder by the State, can Federal charges for murder be filed? I know it may be overkill (sheesh, did I just type that???), but just thought- crossing state lines to commit a crime is a criminal (Federal) offense, isn't it? Would it have to be decided in the beginning how JA would have been charged? Was charging her at the Federal level ever considered? Just curious.
I asked the same question yesterday and never got an answer.

Luvrosco, The Alexander family can sue Jodi for wrongful death.

My goodness. It seems things get worse and worse with the stories about this juror. If even half of it is true, this was a true stealth juror and it is just wrong.

Juror 17 asked if she could trade places with an alternate. She wanted to handpick the alternate to take her place. She must of known the judge would say no. It was a smoke screen. If not, then why did she send the judge a secret note when the jurors wanted her replaced? A red herring.

I am assuming that the special snowflake has been made aware that it was 11-1 in favor of death. Maybe it wiped that grin off her face.
Maybe it did not come as a surprise. Something is not right here.

Juror 17 asked if she could trade places with an alternate. She wanted to handpick the alternate to take her place. She must of known the judge would say no. It was a smoke screen. If not, then why did she send the judge a secret note when the jurors wanted her replaced? A red herring.

Iirc the two alts who spoke yesterday both would have voted DP

My goodness. It seems things get worse and worse with the stories about this juror. If even half of it is true, this was a true stealth juror and it is just wrong.

Lots of "STUFF" being said about this situation...Wow...just Wow...
:thinking:

Im wondering if there is still a chance to do this resentencing phase over again. I may have to post question in Attorney thread. It seems I recall where it was stated by someone that the case really is not over till final sentencing.

So, since Jodi made this delay now, and if we find out for sure the Stealth juror had ties to Juan or had friends that knew Jodi, then could this sentencing phase get declared "a mistrial" and we could start over with a new judge?

Where I get confused is I thought a "hung jury" is different than a "mistrial"? A true mistrial I thought would not result in JSS getting to decide, but I maybe wrong because we even heard the judge call this a mistrial yesterday at the end. So maybe the end result is the same that this judge would decide anyway.

Its just all so upsetting.

Im wondering if there is still a chance to do this resentencing phase over again. I may have to post question in Attorney thread. It seems I recall where it was stated by someone that the case really is not over till final sentencing.

So, since Jodi made this delay now, and if we find out for sure the Stealth juror had ties to Juan or had friends that knew Jodi, then could this sentencing phase get declared "a mistrial" and we could start over with a new judge?

Where I get confused is I thought a "hung jury" is different than a "mistrial"? A true mistrial I thought would not result in JSS getting to decide, but I maybe wrong because we even heard the judge call this a mistrial yesterday at the end. So maybe the end result is the same that this judge would decide anyway.

Its just all so upsetting.

If i understand azl she said under arizona law they only get 2 bites at thev Apple for resentencing. The only possible to retry the sentence would be is If Jodi is granted a new trial in the future the state might possibly be able to try another dp sentence.

Hatfield, the judge declares a mistrial when theres a hung jury. Hopefully she will give Jodi LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver