Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i understand azl she said under arizona law they only get 2 bites at thev Apple for resentencing. The only possible to retry the sentence would be is If Jodi is granted a new trial in the future the state might possibly be able to try another dp sentence.

I seem to remember some discussion about the case not really being truly over till sentencing. Just not sure what the proper "terms" would be if the whole case got thrown out.

I remember the discussion because it has been what has me so worried until we finally get to sentencing day.

ETA: I suppose even if the whole case could get thrown out, there is too much risk. I probably need to just be glad she was convicted at least. Its probably not worth the risk going backwards.

Folks, consider everything. Think about the tactics that were already used during this trial.

Hatfield, the judge declares a mistrial when theres a hung jury. Hopefully she will give Jodi LWOP.

Thanks. I get confused with all the legal terms.

I am going to start to try to just be happy she is convicted and getting LWOP hopefully from this judge.

I am going to start to try to just be happy she is convicted and getting LWOP hopefully from this judge.
I agree. Jodi now has to deal with a new realty. Shes going to perryville. No smirking matter.

The family will sue her and make sure she does not profit from book deals ect. Im sure she will find a way around that. Her family and trolls will work around the clock for her. Morons.

AZ DOC has an outlet store in Florence that sells inmate "art and crafts" and makes a tidy sum annually. The inmate receives 75% of the proceeds if I read the article right, and in JA's case, hopefully, would go to the Alexanders and/or similar victim compensation funds. If that's the case, I see Jodi limiting her "art" to what could directly help her at Perryville, doing "drawings" from photos of fellow inmates or their loved ones.

http://www.trivalleycentral.com/ari...cle_53fd73f8-7d62-11e3-84e0-0019bb2963f4.html

Hope4More had a terrific post yesterday after the verdict about how perfect the outcome was for those of us who want JA to be punished to the max. I tried but failed to find it again this morning, but it certainly made me feel much better.

IMO what hurts the most, if (and I do believe she was stealth) the allegations against juror #17 prove to be true, is that there is no recourse for the Alexander's to have this case retried. Seems to me that JSS left this juror deliberating even when the other 11 jurors let her know there was a major problem with her. IMO JSS erred, and it cannot be corrected. If she had disqualified this juror I agree it could of been an appealable issue based o what had transferred at that point. Jodi would again have a chance at another trial. Yet by keeping the juror on there is no new trial for the Alexander's. If the things that are now coming out prove to be true about this juror Jodi would not be given a new trial because the appeals court would see that she was a stealth juror. It just makes me sick to think that because judges worry so much about appeals justice does not get served. I am probably not explaining myself well, and I have never gotten into the discussions about JSS, but IMO on this one she erred big time. It cannot be fixed, yet an appeal on tossing the juror and Jodi getting a new trial because of it could of been fixed.

I agree. Jodi now has to deal with a new realty. Shes going to perryville. No smirking matter.

I wonder if Perryville will be the first time in years that JA has been in a cell without her voluminous stack/s of "trial papers"? I hope so, as I think she requires "visuals" of some kind to placate the inner demon inside and present an outward facade of calm.

Photos are only allowed to be taken at the prison on specific days of the year (maybe just twice a year, IIRC), and that's a privilege she has to earn.

The prison regulations for visitation, etc. are mind-boggling. And, since MDLR will no longer have an official status, she'll be required to follow dress code: no sleeveless, neckline at collarbone front and back, skirts to the knees. I bet her hairdo will be searched as well.

IIRC. I read in her contract that after this case is over Maria is not allowed any contact with the defendant for TWO YEARS. I suspect by then she will have another special snowflake to coddle to.

I wonder if Perryville will be the first time in years that JA has been in a cell without her voluminous stack/s of "trial papers"? I hope so, as I think she requires "visuals" of some kind to placate the inner demon inside and present an outward facade of calm.
She'll have to leave behind all her brown paper bags and envelopes. Her nest would be a tinder box otherwise.

Will they eventually release all information related to this case like full versions of texts etc... that they weren't able to use in trial?

I have a sneaking suspicion she may have been a JA fan all along.

JMO
Based on her feeling 'assaulted' in deliberations, I have to wonder if she didn't feel a certain kinship with the defendant. Always attacked, always the victim. I know that's a lot to extrapolate from one comment, and it was 2nd hand to boot, but still, I do wonder.

After closing I said that if anyone voted against death, they would have voted against it even if JA had gotten up and said she planned it, did it, lied about it, was glad she did it, and would do it again. And then gave the finger to Travis's family on the way back to her low-rider chair.

I guess I got that one right. :gaah:

Did anyone crush that one's heart and say she likely will never see the outside of Perryville?

Not exactly. They said that it was going to take time, she wasn't getting out right away, had to wait for her to win her appeal. Delusional people live over there, IMO.

I am still catching up ( had to leave early yesterday so lots to read) but so far I'm distressed about the bits and pieces that have been revealed about this juror.
1 - I've served on 2 juries (in Ga.)- we were asked (on paper and verbally in front of judge) if we knew the prosecutor, the defendant, the defense attorney, etc. Is this not done in AZ? Would she not disclose that JM put her dh in prison?

2 - How many of you "like" Nancy Grace and Law of Attraction on your Facebook page? Maybe a coincidence but just adding up the pieces here.

3 - When did she watch the interview with CMJA? Does anyone believe it's just another coincidence that she & Juror 17 used the same term "death penalty = revenge" ?

4 - I don't think any of this will make a difference in her sentence but I hope it is all exposed and the public knows the truth of what happened. Is that too much to ask?

5 - There is more out there in Twitter/ Facebook - but not sure if it's allowed to be discussed here. I know we aren't to "stalk" jurors - but what about when there is some suspicious conduct after the trial is over?

Hope4More had a terrific post yesterday after the verdict about how perfect the outcome was for those of us who want JA to be punished to the max. I tried but failed to find it again this morning, but it certainly made me feel much better.
I agree, and while she smirks behind the documents of her conviction, and cherishes the pain of disappointment that yesterday's events caused mostly to those who were already the victims of the evil she finds it necessary and fitting to befriend, It's a hollow victory, that reflects a higher cost to herself than would have been a 'Death' penalty conviction which contains within it no death, but is instead accompanied by an unlimited amount of money, time, and effort to see to it she pays no ultimate price for her crime, least of all death, which was never even a real possibility to begin with. Her present situation contains no such benefit. So she will celebrate, because her victims once again are in pain, but not because she won anything at all worth having, in fact, she has lost again.

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

Wow ... I am way behind on this thread but trying to catch up.

Suggestion: With all this info coming out about Juror #17, maybe there could be a dedicated thread for this discussion.

TIA !

If you can't post a link when reporting something as fact from social media that is back up by MSM, then do not post it. At this point all we are hearing are rumors. The husband of Juror 17 did give an interview to the media so you can discuss that. You can discuss anything that has been released through twitter from MSM sources.

Thanks, Lambchop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member