Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that this mess rests entirely on Jss shoulders...........it was her responsibility to respond to the jurors concerns regarding #17. That is her job and what she is paid for. The whole trial was a travesty of justice.
I am especially sad that the hero of this trial Juan Martinez is now the reason for the mistrial. #17 had an axe to grind against JM. Jurors can have issues or not be able to understand there dury so it is the courts responsibility to manage them.

From everything I have seen and read from experts and lawyers there was not really anything she could do. If she removed that juror and they came back with death, It would have been appealed and could have been overturned because of that. What I have read is that it is hard to prove that someone won't deliberate. I think this is ultimately the way it was meant to turn out and in the end, she will be sentenced and fade away.

Now I want to know how #17 acted throughout the trial. Did she socialize with the others? etc.

They were posted to the killer's support site, the evening of the verdict, I believe. Except for #17, which they stated is the "one who saved ja's life". Also, it was found there were 6 copies of the juror list. So how did they get the list so fast? They began calling the 11 vile names. Keep reading, there is an investigation by authorities.

6 copies....1) judge 2) court reporter 3) defense 4) prosecutor 5/6) administrators.
YES the middle names is why they know it was leaked....

I wish they would listen to all calls from Maria DeLaRosa and JA. Katie I would love to know what you thought of her and if they are rumors etc.? I listened to the one phone call leak about money, it was disturbing.

AZLawyer has answered why JSS could not replace juror #17.

If I knew how to bring over posts from a different thread I would do that for all to see - but I'm not a super secret computer techno dude.

Heck, I can't even repeat what the answer is - I'm not a lawyer, but I am an avid WS Reader.

:loveyou:

Check out the Q&A thread in the sticky section.

so then she did not have the authority to replace that juror and ask them to start again? She did the allen and the mistrial took care of itself. i think then that each state operates differently (i don't like this) and some are referenced the scott peterson jurors being removed and dp being the end result...that was not legally available to this judge? If so not so sure you can place the blame on her...i think the blame goes back to the jury selection process and the state agreeing to empanel her.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Scott Peterson's appeals are all done and I can imagine that the juror replacement on his trial is going to come up in the future. Now how that might affect his sentence, we don't really know.

Personally, I'm rather pleased with the way things turned out for the special snowflake. No special interest groups to fight for her life. No special "only one of two women on death row" status. (I would never have heard of Wendy Adriano if not for her status on death row. Still never heard the name of one man on death row in AZ) No TV documentaries about her. No one who believes a word she says about Travis or anything else other than a handful of people with an agenda of their own who also probably don't believe her but are using her. Just a mundane job in a hot prison full of "unusual" women whom may also have an agenda of their own. Watching her back and trying to stay one step ahead of the lies and manipulation that she will be perpetuating could get exhausting and will likely result in some difficulties. Not to mention the staff at the prison. Do we really think she's going to be treated well by them? Especially when she starts lying about them to try to get special treatment?

Now if they can just shut down her contact with the outside world via her supporters, the case could come to a close. However I love that her "saviour" has taken the limelight completely away from her and has shone some light into the dark corners of her manipulations. Hope the MCSO can get to the bottom of a lot of things.

MOO

ETA: I am not pleased, however, at how this all turned out for the Alexander family. At all.

6 copies....1) judge 2) court reporter 3) defense 4) prosecutor 5/6) administrators.
YES the middle names is why they know it was leaked....

I wish they would listen to all calls from Maria DeLaRosa and JA. Katie I would love to know what you thought of her and if they are rumors etc.? I listened to the one phone call leak about money, it was disturbing.

BBM Does anybody know where this phone call link is?

From everything I have seen and read from experts and lawyers there was not really anything she could do. If she removed that juror and they came back with death, It would have been appealed and could have been overturned because of that. What I have read is that it is hard to prove that someone won't deliberate. I think this is ultimately the way it was meant to turn out and in the end, she will be sentenced and fade away.

I am happy with LWOP and I agree that it may have been the best outcome but saying it "could" have been appealed if she removed the juror doesn't sit right with me. You still have to follow the rules and let the appeal court do their job.

Check out courtchatter.com and scroll down to this:

Jodi Arias: Juror 17 Anti-Death Penalty Presentation

Juror 17, the lone holdout for Life in the Jodi Arias death penalty case, created this presentation AGAINST the death penalty in November 2013. Eleven months later she was selected to serve on the Arias jury.

JMO

This may or may not have been written by her but if it was then

OMG....This keeps getting worse. If this is really written from the same person, then this alone is proof of a bias towards the DP and this alone should have excluded this juror during the juror selection process.

She could not have possibly been truthful in answering jury selection questions, if this was her real beliefs that she was against the DP.

I think it may have been too late by then, but agree that it's on her shoulders .. it seems that there was some issue with this juror early on, and someone really should have checked to see the extent of her involvement in crime via her husbands incarcerations etc .. I mean hello, if someone has repeatedly married felons, then it stands to reason that they may not be of the best character themselves, and a little lookie into the details of their husbands cases should have been done to see the extent, and since it was in the same county where Juan had been a prosecutor at the time it does seem REASONABLE at the very least that the court would do a check to see if he was involved in those prosecutions too, and to see if she was lying on her voir dire.

INCOMPETANCE.

But she did not disclose the violent crime he was prosecute for, apparently, only the non violent burglary. At that time Juan was prosecuting homicides so it would reasonably never cross his or anyone's mind that he prosecuted a burglary in the mid 2000s when he was not prosecuting those kinds of crimes.

Is it true about unusual #17 that she is/was Facebook friends with someone connected to MDLR?

Juror 17, the lone holdout for Life in the Jodi Arias death penalty case, created this presentation AGAINST the death penalty in November 2013. Eleven months later she was selected to serve on the Arias jury.

That is like some crappy high school presentation, do we know it was actually done by her .. they / she also did one for Tupac which is equally crappy. Was she taking classes or something, do we know? Not sure how sure I am that this was done by her yet.

But she did not disclose the violent crime he was prosecute for, apparently, only the non violent burglary. At that time Juan was prosecuting homicides so it would reasonably never cross his or anyone's mind that he prosecuted a burglary in the mid 2000s when he was not prosecuting those kinds of crimes.

They should have looked into his criminal past and checked that she wasn't leaving anything out too.

I am happy with LWOP and I agree that it may have been the best outcome but saying it "could" have been appealed if she removed the juror doesn't sit right with me. You still have to follow the rules and let the appeal court do their job.

IT is true. There have been sentences overturned because of this exact thing. Even if the Judges send them back with the Allen charge it has been used to appeal. I don't remember who I was watching but she was quoting cases in which because the Judge sent them back or removed jurors that the sentencing was appealed and they won.

It is touchy. I know I have gone back and forth a billion times. After listening to the jurors and sitting down and going through the photos, I think they were right. She deserved death. She really is something. But in the end it is LWOP and I think that will work better on this case in the long run. It takes her out of the limelight and sends her to a shed to live out her life.

I saw this on Twitter last night and I did everything I could to try to verify or link it to juror 17. Right now it just appears the person who did this shares the first name and maiden name of the Juror. There are numerous people with that same name throughout the country, so I think we need to be careful About jumping to conclusions.

It would be great if it was her because I really think that's the smoking gun that she lied to get on the jury if there's no doubt about that if she was anti-death penalty. I just think we need to be careful ...just sayin.

Re BBM

See that is the thing though. She could have interviewed each juror, realized it was a valid issue that the 1 was not participating in deliberations and replaced her with an alternate. Then make the jury start deliberations over again.

Its been done before as proven by another poster that went through it.

JSS should not have been afraid of any valid appeals for that because it was a valid reason to use the alternate and it would stand up against any appeal.

JSS just did not exercise her rights to do this. Which is very sad.

What concerns me is how they got their names, if what is reported is true that only 6 copies were given out listing full names. Of course we all suspect how that happened.
Of course, that should not have happened, and those responsible are hopefully in a position to bear consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper