Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to hear from this loser, either, but I agree about Dr. Phil....you just knows he's salivating at the idea of an "exclusive." I wonder if he'll let her micro-manage the "interview," like he did with Casey Anthony's charming parents. *snark off*

We won't be hearing from her now. If she has any brains she's hired an attorney and is being told not to say anything. Now the investigation has been announced she should lay low and keep quiet.

Yep that's the first thing we said at home when we heard it was just one .. "She'll be writing a book, and calling it 'The Holdout'"

Like I said a few pages ago...I don't think she will be writing a book as I don't believe she has ever even read one. IMO

I'm appalled by that jaii site. Appalled. I've never taken the time to read it. I'm sorry I did.

To think there are people who actually feel this way. The whole site needs to be taken down.

and another appalling site -- The killer continues to tweet and it just keeps getting worse. :stormingmad:

(That's ok Jodi, Sheriff Joe is capturing all your tweets to show Judge Sherry and the warden at Perryville)

:dance:

But then she must have also known (being that it was a single juror) that the odds were with the jury hanging, and no DP decision would be made.

So would the defence, which means Arias, as well. Hence, the 'no expression' when the mistrial was declared in court. Juan would have advised the family too and that's why their lawyer was on hand with a printed comment.

OMG!!!! I didn't know that in the 1st trial! He posted the foreman's name? While they were deliberating? How did he get away with that? Again, no consequences for the evil people & good people must suffer! :(

I remember this like yesterday. He first posted that they were hung BEFORE it was known they were hung. He then came to court the day before they actually hung dressed like a peacock and a smirk on his face like he knew something and was camera ready and pacing all over the hallway (he was usually quite rumpled in court).
I think his cockiness got ahead of itself and he messed up when he PUBLISHED (on azcentral.com) that a note had come in from foreperson Juror 15 I think? We were all sitting there refreshing our phones and saw that I immediately stood up asking BEth Karas, Jeff Gold, Chris Williams (who's in bed w/ Kiefer) just HOW he knew the foreperson's identity at this stage while they were STILL DELIBERATING?

They all kind of shrugged, Beth said "we all have our sources" but that to me seems like it should be protected at that stage. How did he know so confidently they would hang? Why were the foreperson's post verdict comments so identical to things Kiefer had said to my face about the case? And why did the foreperson agree with the other jurors to wait until Tues to speak to the media then have them in his home the very next morning? (Sat I believe). I connected the dots in my own head, spoke with some of the jurors about it and it is my opinion only (take it for what it's worth), that Kiefer had contact with this foreperson DURING deliberations. This is just my opinion and I can't prove it, but it's what I believe.

We won't be hearing from her now. If she has any brains she's hired an attorney and is being told not to say anything. Now the investigation has been announced she should lay low and keep quiet.

If she had any brains, sammie, she wouldn't be in this pickle and the killer would already be on Death Row. The best she can hope for is damage control. MOO

Not in my opinion. She did not even mention the 2000 case involving her ex voir dire. When asked about his crime, she only mentions his 2008 Verizon robbery.

The 2000 crime was initially charged as 1st degree murder, and pled down to aggravated assault.

She intentionally didn't mention the 2000 conviction because that is the one Juan prosecuted. I think they can charge her on that basis alone.

Yeah, it's a pretty glaring omission, and she can't deny knowing all about it because she married the guy at it's conclusion.

I believe that this mess rests entirely on Jss shoulders...........it was her responsibility to respond to the jurors concerns regarding #17. That is her job and what she is paid for. The whole trial was a travesty of justice.
I am especially sad that the hero of this trial Juan Martinez is now the reason for the mistrial. #17 had an axe to grind against JM. Jurors can have issues or not be able to understand there dury so it is the courts responsibility to manage them.

Check out courtchatter.com and scroll down to this:

Jodi Arias: Juror 17 Anti-Death Penalty Presentation

Juror 17, the lone holdout for Life in the Jodi Arias death penalty case, created this presentation AGAINST the death penalty in November 2013. Eleven months later she was selected to serve on the Arias jury.

The names are still up " for reference purposes only ", except for J17, which never was listed.

While it's obviously a vindictive move on the part of team JAII, and should be met with any and all legal consequences, I think the only backlash these jurors will be receiving from the public are flowers and boxes of chocolates.

OMG!!!! I didn't know that in the 1st trial! He posted the foreman's name? While they were deliberating? How did he get away with that? Again, no consequences for the evil people & good people must suffer! :(

honestly the next thing i expect to see here is that that foreman is fb friends with juror 17...very lucky to have gotten the conviction.

AZL has posted, on the legal question thread, the 9th Circuit guidelines/rules? for judges when there is a deliberating juror problem. Seems JSS had two options only when the eleven came to her - Allen or mistrial.

Wouldn't that depend on what was the problem? Other State courts have successfully removed deliberating jurors. If deliberating jurors can never replaced, what is the purpose of having alternates?

Wouldn't that depend on what was the problem? Other State courts have successfully removed deliberating jurors.

Sorry - Holiday Inn and all that, but I'm not a lawyer. AZL is away but she said she would check questions on that thread.

I believe that this mess rests entirely on Jss shoulders...........it was her responsibility to respond to the jurors concerns regarding #17. That is her job and what she is paid for. The whole trial was a travesty of justice.
I am especially sad that the hero of this trial Juan Martinez is now the reason for the mistrial. #17 had an axe to grind against JM. Jurors can have issues or not be able to understand there dury so it is the courts responsibility to manage them.

I think it may have been too late by then, but agree that it's on her shoulders .. it seems that there was some issue with this juror early on, and someone really should have checked to see the extent of her involvement in crime via her husbands incarcerations etc .. I mean hello, if someone has repeatedly married felons, then it stands to reason that they may not be of the best character themselves, and a little lookie into the details of their husbands cases should have been done to see the extent, and since it was in the same county where Juan had been a prosecutor at the time it does seem REASONABLE at the very least that the court would do a check to see if he was involved in those prosecutions too, and to see if she was lying on her voir dire.

INCOMPETANCE.

While it's obviously a vindictive move on the part of team JAII, and should be met with any and all legal consequences, I think the only backlash these jurors will be receiving from the public are flowers and boxes of chocolates.
What concerns me is how they got their names, if what is reported is true that only 6 copies were given out listing full names. Of course we all suspect how that happened.

I remember this like yesterday. He first posted that they were hung BEFORE it was known they were hung. He then came to court the day before they actually hung dressed like a peacock and a smirk on his face like he knew something and was camera ready and pacing all over the hallway (he was usually quite rumpled in court).
I think his cockiness got ahead of itself and he messed up when he PUBLISHED (on azcentral.com) that a note had come in from foreperson Juror 15 I think? We were all sitting there refreshing our phones and saw that I immediately stood up asking BEth Karas, Jeff Gold, Chris Williams (who's in bed w/ Kiefer) just HOW he knew the foreperson's identity at this stage while they were STILL DELIBERATING?

They all kind of shrugged, Beth said "we all have our sources" but that to me seems like it should be protected at that stage. How did he know so confidently they would hang? Why were the foreperson's post verdict comments so identical to things Kiefer had said to my face about the case? And why did the foreperson agree with the other jurors to wait until Tues to speak to the media then have them in his home the very next morning? (Sat I believe). I connected the dots in my own head, spoke with some of the jurors about it and it is my opinion only (take it for what it's worth), that Kiefer had contact with this foreperson DURING deliberations. This is just my opinion and I can't prove it, but it's what I believe.
BBM-
OMG! I know we can't prove it but, in our opinion- knowing how the DT operated from day 1; to me, it's not a leap to believe now, with all this coming to light, that J17 also could have contact with MLDR or even the killer herself! One thing many were saying, early on in this phase, how much the killer was smiling this time around. We did not notice that about her as much before. Every photo showed her glee. :thinking: Just another puzzle piece as def witnesses like to say.

Do we have a list of the facts (confirmed by a legit source) about this juror? That way when new folks come to read they don't have to sift through all the conjecture to find the valid and pertinent information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper