Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, a jurors job is to consider all the evidence and render a decision. Listening to the other jurors is a requirement for deliberation, but not speaking. Juror #17 listened, saw the evidence and decided.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the information that has been verified about her connection to Juan Martinez, her social media posts regarding this case, and her unwillingness to give an example of a death deserving crime to her fellow jurors?
You seem to think she is being "crucified" for simply not participating in juror discussion, when so many other factors are involved. MOO.
Also, I respectfully disagree with your use of the word "crucified."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the backgrounds of ALL the jurors been audited and every skeleton exposed or just juror #17? This juror is NOT the one who violently murdered Travis Alexander. She did not deem that it met the criteria to warrant a DP for Jodi Arias.

Why is juror #17 being crucified for this?

Because she is the only one who didn't perform her duty as a juror, like the judge said to? Some of us don't have a problem with the fact that there wasn't a unanimous verdict by these people, but it appears that she had no intention to do what she was required to do as a juror. And now she is the only one who wants to be paid to talk about it. Do you not see a problem with that?

Have the backgrounds of ALL the jurors been audited and every skeleton exposed or just juror #17? This juror is NOT the one who violently murdered Travis Alexander. She did not deem that it met the criteria to warrant a DP for Jodi Arias.

Why is juror #17 being crucified for this?

Are you accusing posters here of crucifying someone?

Here are some MSM links with info regarding Juror #17:

From AZ Central:

We do know, according longtime court reporter Beth Karas, the juror is a Hispanic woman in her 20s. She saw domestic violence growing up, she was in an abusive relationship with her ex-husband. She told the court she sought counseling for her two daughters.

12 News has discovered court records revealing her current husband is a convicted felon.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ews-jodi-arias-juror-jury-death-row/24482501/

Jurors said the holdout kept using the word "revenge" in relation to the death penalty. They asked if there was a circumstance in which she felt like she could agree to sentence someone to death; she was unable to provide such a scenario, they said.

Jurors said the holdout had told them she had watched at least parts of a made-for-TV-movie about the case; they said they believe she had formulated an opinion before deliberations began.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/03/05/jodi-arias-jury-holdout-failed/24445427/

The jurors said they sensed a potential bias coming from the holdout juror and at one point they asked for an alternative juror:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...2-news-arias-jurors-holdout-verdict/24459779/

From KPHO

CBS 5 News spoke with the husband of the 12th juror, the one holdout against the death penalty for Jodi Arias.

The husband of the juror who wanted life in prison for Arias asked that his identity not be released since he says his family is already receiving threats.

Argos: Did she tell you what the feeling was like inside of that jury room?
Husband: Yeah, she said she felt like she was being assaulted by all the other jurors ... trying to get her to go the other way. She held strong to her beliefs and I'm proud of her for that.

http://www.kpho.com/story/28274746/jurors-husband-she-felt-like-she-was-being-assaulted

I know I have seen this discussed but I cannot find it or figure it out...how do you block someone?

NVM...found it. thanks

:seeya: Yep, it sure does !

"The Truth is Stranger Than Fiction" ... yep ... I don't even think JG could make some of this stuff up !

:)

He's feverishly writing as we speak. LOL :lookingitup:

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the information that has been verified about her connection to Juan Martinez, her social media posts regarding this case, and her unwillingness to give an example of a death deserving crime to her fellow jurors?
You seem to think she is being "crucified" for simply not participating in juror discussion, when so many other factors are involved. MOO.
Also, I respectfully disagree with your use of the word "crucified."

Crucifified.. That's what Jodi did to Travis.. Noone but him is a victim here aside from his family.. The juror is not being crucified.. Far from it imo.. Is it possible the juror was being manipulated by her husband at home? Just wondering

Bringing this over from the last thread..

I agree with you...not because of her vote but because if her stance was so strong that she could hang the jury then she ought to be strong enough to stand by that vote publicly. We probably wouldn't agree with her but I know I would feel much better about her vote if she would stand with the other 11 and say "yes, but here is how I see it..." and eliminate all questions regarding her motive. For me, her inability/unwillingness to explain her stance makes her look bad...real bad

Yeah, right. She wouldn't (couldn't) even do that in the jury room during deliberations, where that type of dialogue is fundamental to the process. No way would she join the press conference to explain her reasoning to the public.

That said, the remaining 11 agreeing to talk to the media collectively as a unified group was awesome. By that point they were all so emotionally drained, no one would blame them if they chose to decline the presser and silently and invisibly return to their lives. But they saw it through to the bitter end and joined forces to publicly express their disappointment and divulge their concerns regarding #17. Had only a few agreed to talk we probably would have still learned what we now know, but boy was it powerful that all 11 did it together.

Inside Edition will have a segment on the holdout juror in the Jodi Arias verdict. It's on now where I live but might not air until later in other locations. Check the site for article/video: www.insideedition.com

The Lone Juror Who Voted Against Jodi Arias Death Penalty Facing Ridicule | Inside Edition
The only juror who voted against the death penalty for convicted killer Jodi Arias is now the target of online abuse and ridicule. The woman is being identified as Juror 17. Cops were stationed outside of her Arizona home where her husband stood by her controversial vote. Juror 9, a woman named Holly, shared her disappointment in the verdict in an interview with INSIDE EDITION.
Embedded video @ link
http://m.insideedition.com/v/Videos/LoneJurorWhoVoted/?KSID=1c291eb1c7cc91906d3ee1959b6e85e5

IMO if Juror 17 receives death threats they are probably being sent from one of JA's followers who are purposely trying to make Juror 17 look like a "victim". That's typical of the strategy JA would use.
:maddening:

TA: “ Can’t you remember when you choose to take away my human rights, can’t all the things I’ve done to help you stop you (taking) away what belongs to me. How can you be such an ingrate. How many times can someone pay some one for service by stabbing them in the back. How do you live. How does a heart beat in such a corrupted carcass.

another chilling exert from their exchange
Here is a another one showing that Travis knew he was dealing with a pathological liar.

TA: “Don’t you see your lies is why your life is worthless. You have got to learn it will be until you tell the truth. Can u learn. If not you are taking up people air.”

I have a comment that I hope is received in the spirit it is intended :heart:.

I have found it interesting and rather tired that there are those who feel driven to try and shut down reasonable criticism and healthy debate through the use of shame-baiting--I really hope that some day in the near future this particularly unproductive and insulting practice becomes ineffective and ultimately obsolete.

This practice, while different in some ways, always reminds me of what Juan said during the Original Trial...
"When you have facts on your side, you argue facts, when you have law, you argue law. When you have neither facts or law, you just argue..."~Juan Martinez

IMO, a jurors job is to consider all the evidence and render a decision. Listening to the other jurors is a requirement for deliberation, but not speaking. Juror #17 listened, saw the evidence and decided.

Part of the duty of a juror during deliberations is to make every attempt to render a unanimous verdict. Why else would an Allen charge exist? In order to make an honest effort to fulfill their duty they must communicate with each other. Juror #4 said last night on NG he repeatedly asked #17 to help him understand her point of view...show him the evidence that is persuading her vote...if she could help him see her side, maybe he'd join her. She couldn't or wouldn't do that.

Imo so I could be off base but when a woman won't speak for herself and a husband who has an axe to grind shows up on an interview singing praises for his lone wife hold out.. It gives me pause..

I can't get this to work. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry that the link to May 26 text isn't working right . maybe because it included the page number of forum?

Try the link in my signature instead, then go to the last page (9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie