Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/arias-minute.pdf

They were onto Juror 17 all along, but they didn't want to delay things two weeks in order to serve a supeona on her Facebook accounts.
Flores apparently didn't research her husbands Facebook to see the tie to MDLR, not did he research his background.

Justice Denied !!!

They should have done this during selection though .. they dropped the ball and all these 'investigations' were way too late.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 3m3 minutes ago
MCSO: #jodiarias accused of advising man how to donate money to her in a trust to keep it away from Alexander family.

just when you think she can go any lower....yeah.

i hope the alexanders take her for everything she has :angry:

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/arias-minute.pdf

They were onto Juror 17 all along, but they didn't want to delay things two weeks in order to serve a supeona on her Facebook accounts.
Flores apparently didn't research her husbands Facebook to see the tie to MDLR, not did he research his background.

Justice Denied !!!

I in no way shape or form intend to defend the actions of j17....but, it was also asked of the other jurors if they felt j17 was now deliberating. Those quoted did note an improvement after speaking in chambers.

just when you think she can go any lower....yeah.

i hope the alexanders take her for everything she has :angry:

What does she have?! I wish there was a ban on all things Arias. After sentencing everyone of the threads should be called the TRAVIS ALEXANDER thread and her name should be removed.

What are they getting out of it? They have every right to if they want to but all it will do is give JA what SHE wants, A chance to be heard from again. A chance to be relevant. It does nothing to get justice for Travis and will only serve to have him dragged through the mud again. They will of course do as they wish and my opinion is worth nothing to them. I just see more of an up side for CMJA than them. They have been through so much. This trial gutted them. I just think the next one will be worse if it does not come out in their favor.

I agree with you that it's giving the murderer more play, but that's an unfortunate byproduct of the Alexanders feeling the need to pursue a civil case.

My feelings and comments are only about them doing what they feel they need to do. People feel differently about things, some would do as you say, others will continue on.

Goldmans sued that freak oj and it helped them emotionally, but they didn't have all that crap about their loved on that the defense put out about Travis.

Not the money, but the principle. Also, preventing her in some small way (garnishing any pennies she might get) to have any crumb. A bit of revenge is sometimes healthy. For some of us it does help. If I couldn't take a sledgehammer to the head of someone who put my family member through hell during his life, and then dragged my family, friends and I through hell by publishing lies without his side of it (you know, because she murdered him) I could be happy taking revenge in every way I could, including the legal way of a civil suit.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but saying that we're all individuals. I honestly don't know what I'd do and thankfully, I hope I'll never have to :(

Exactly right, I'm not sure what those minutes are supposed to prove other than the fact that JSS did the right thing by not removing her. I'm no longer convinced that there was jury misconduct on her behalf at all, perhaps she just didn't want to vote 'death' and people are unfairly demonising her. At the end of the day the state should have looked at her Facebook and into her ex-husbands case during jury selection, there is a chance she could have been dismissed for cause, but it was way too late once deliberations started.

I'm still waiting to let them investigate before I conclude whether or not there was any misconduct or not, I still think that's a strong possibility. But this all could've been avoided had they excused her during jury selection.

Tweets:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 19m19 minutes ago

BREAKING: MCSO bans 10 #jodiarias jail visitors citing her "thirst for adoration and attention."

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 18m18 minutes ago

.@RealSheriffJoe says he may ban ALL non-legal visitors to @jodiarias after 2 15yo girls video chatted w/her.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 17m17 minutes ago

MCSO also banning those who run her social media accounts. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 16m16 minutes ago

For those out of state, all visitation in jail is done via Internet video. #JodiArias

"#jodiArias has been seen by Jail Intel officials instructing the 15 year olds as to how to get false IDs in order to continue the visits."

Being told #jodiarias gets as many as 20 video visitors a day. Each has to pay money to video chat.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 15m15 minutes ago

"One person on the banned list is a convicted felon who circumvented the video visitation system by using another person’s name." #jodiarias

All this breaking of laws and rules...tsk tsk. All on her record going with her to Perryville. She's in a deep deep hole. Hope she loses her temper about being cut off. That'll make her hole deeper still.

Respectfully, I disagree. We filed a civil suit in regards to my brother's murder. We won. The money was used to fund 3 scholarships: One at Duke University, one at the Hill School, and one for the Children of the Chester County Detectives who solved my brother's murder.

While you are entitled to your opinion, I take it you have never walked in these shoes. IMOO

I also don't see how it's possible the Alexanders wouldn't win this suit since she was determined to be guilty of his murder.

I have grown weary of the posts related to telling the Alexanders how to grieve, that they should just move on, that they should do this and that and criticizing them for pursuing the death penalty, which I think most in their position would even though some people think they would be forgiving and accepting and all that. You can't possibly know that unless you've ever been there, which I haven't myself. But I've said before if someone did to my loved one what Jodi has and continues to do I'd don't think I'd be so forgiving and accepting.

Young girls can be so foolish and easily led. If girls that age will run away to join terrorists in a foreign country...

Where are the parents of these 15 yr old girls who were video chatting with JA?

And I concur with the opinion upstream that Sheriff Joe should have been monitoring JA's visitors more closely over the last several years. Sure he's doing it now, but only because there's been such a public outcry.

Oh and Scarlett, the verdict was reached in US Federal Court. The defendant appealed to a higher Federal Court and it was denied and the verdict upheld. There is precedent for the Alexander's to sue because we set it in 1985.

Just sayin.

I also don't see how it's possible the Alexanders wouldn't win this suit since she was determined to be guilty of his murder.

Agreed. Also it may be the only way they can assert the law in keeping her from profiting from her crimes, whether that's profiting from a future book or article or selling something. Criminal courts don't address those issues, so civil litigation is the only way they can and there may be a statute of limitations involved so they have to do it now or forgo this option.

What does she have?! I wish there was a ban on all things Arias. After sentencing everyone of the threads should be called the TRAVIS ALEXANDER thread and her name should be removed.

apparently she has ALOT of money from donations. one being an overseas donor.

I have grown weary of the posts related to telling the Alexanders how to grieve, that they should just move on, that they should do this and that and criticizing them for pursuing the death penalty, which I think most in their position would even though some people think they would be forgiving and accepting and all that. You can't possibly know that unless you've ever been there, which I haven't myself. But I've said before if someone did to my loved one what Jodi has and continues to do I'd don't think I'd be so forgiving and accepting.

Anything can happen when you go to court. Anything. I certainly am not telling them how to grieve. I think what I want most is them not to be hurt any more than they already are. I just feel like another courtroom is just going to cause them more pain.

They should have done this during selection though .. they dropped the ball and all these 'investigations' were way too late.
Their failure to find out these things before is a misstep on their part BUT it does not excuse J17 actions. She's a grown woman and ought to understand the need for honesty in a criminal trial, especially of this nature. Not a pass for her. Nope.

apparently she has ALOT of money from donations. one being an overseas donor.

For what? What is she using it for? Hershey bars? Isn't it for her defense and appeals?

It is not like she will have a debit card in prison that she can order from amazon yes???

Respectfully, I disagree. We filed a civil suit in regards to my brother's murder. We won. The money was used to fund 3 scholarships: One at Duke University, one at the Hill School, and one for the Children of the Chester County Detectives who solved my brother's murder.

While you are entitled to your opinion, I take it you have never walked in these shoes. IMOO

Unfortunately I have had to walk in those shoes twice, and they never seem to get fully broken in do they? I am so sorry for your loss. :rose: What a wonderful way to honor your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3