Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see Sheriff Joe finally found a loophole in order to slow down her antics.

The problem here, is Jodi now see's herself as a celebrity. She is walking down her own version of the red carpet.

Escaping the death penalty was a HUGE win for her. Apparently there are plenty of people that think she is too.

As long as Judge Stephens continues to delay sentencing, these antics and even more will continue.

For the life of me, I can't understand why she gave her a month before sentencing. 3 or 4 days, yeah, I can understand the argument.....but not a month.

If I recall correctly, she HAS to be sentenced within 60 days.......but I don't know of anything saying the process couldn't be accelerated at the judges discretion.

I think she did it because she wanted to kill him in the worst way she could think of. She had the gun. She could have killed him quick, But she slit his throat with him looking up at her. She wanted to kill him and make him see her do it.. IMO

Actually I think the evidence is she slit his throat with his face towards the floor/carpet, as he was crawling away from her. But I'm not so sure she didn't try the gun first and that it jammed at that moment and then she used the knife. I wasn't there, none of us were there, so we don't really know exactly how it all went down. I do not think she intended for the scene to end up as it did, as her intention was to kill him and not get caught. The way it ended up she left footprint(s), hair, and finger/palm prints.

Madeleine I have also admired the Goldman family all these years and they have forever remained in my heart. In terms of civil litigation does anybody know if the state pays for JA defense or is she on the hook for that one. I'd like to think that it would gall JA to be forced to spend her precious fund defending herself against the Alexander family in a civil suit.

From what I understand she has to pay for appeals herself. Isn't that what her family is raising all the money for?

Actually I think the evidence is she slit his throat with his face towards the floor/carpet, as he was crawling away from her. But I'm not so sure she didn't try the gun first and that it jammed at that moment and then she used the knife. I wasn't there, none of us were there, so we don't really know exactly how it all went down. I do not think she intended for the scene to end up as it did, as her intention was to kill him and not get caught. The way it ended up she left footprint(s), hair, and finger/palm prints.
I don't think so. That pic clearly shows the blood running down his back as she slit his throat. IMO

Is anyone else having a problem with WS being wonky? I thought it was my internet connection but all other sites working fine....anyone?

i wonder if this information becoming public and being frankly inconsistent with the reports immediately after the trial...means we may never hear from the jurors again?

How many times do we need to hear from the jurors? They did one anonymous group interview after the verdict and then others did their own or combo interviews. How many times do we need to hear they took their jobs seriously, they are so sad and devastated and disappointed and J17 refused to deliberate?

And yes it appears the truth is slightly different and there's more to it.

WTF is happening to our youth? I was fascinated with New Kids on the Block. Why are they all such weirdos now? Is it the internet? I mean this and the slenderman girls???

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe · 3h 3 hours ago

Banned 10 #jodiarias fans from visiting 4 violating jail rules. The list includes 2 15yo girls who idolized Arias. http://tinyurl.com/k2sa5lx

I know, right? I was obsessed with Duran Duran. Well, that was a bit earlier....at 15 I was obsessed with getting my driver's license.

I'm glad to see Sheriff Joe finally found a loophole in order to slow down her antics.

The problem here, is Jodi now see's herself as a celebrity. She is walking down her own version of the red carpet.

Escaping the death penalty was a HUGE win for her. Apparently there are plenty of people that think she is too.

As long as Judge Stephens continues to delay sentencing, these antics and even more will continue.

For the life of me, I can't understand why she gave her a month before sentencing. 3 or 4 days, yeah, I can understand the argument.....but not a month.

If I recall correctly, she HAS to be sentenced within 60 days.......but I don't know of anything saying the process couldn't be accelerated at the judges discretion.

The Princess herself asked for the thirty days. She must really like where she is!

I don't think so. That pic clearly shows the blood running down his back as she slit his throat. IMO

That was after she slit his throat and in that picture she was in the middle of dragging him back down the hall towards the bathroom. His throat had already been slit. The huge blood area where she slit his throat, at the end of the hall near his bedroom, was proof of where it happened. That was the conclusion during the guilt phase.

O

Next in line is the investigation into juror17. I feel pretty sure that it will prove that she lied during questioning all the way through.

Does she get one count of perjury for each day the trial was held if she was lying to the judge each day? How many counts would that be and what would the punishment be?

I really do hope the powers that be do a thorough investigation to see if there were purposeful intent to lie and get on this jury to sabatage it. It sure seems like there is enough evidence to at least do a thorough investigation.

Its one thing to have a few slips to catch a news clip on the 6 oclock news or something but it quite another when you have 8-10 newsites as your favorites and"the secret" and other things that directly relate to the trial.

If they have to look at all jurors to make it fair, then that is ok as well. Maybe just this sentencing phase could be overturned, start a new one with a new judge and new jury.

If anything was done purposefully, it should be investigated.

And remember when Wilmcott said everyone on the defense knew about this juror and their background. I bet you did Wilmcott. Something is way too fishy about the whole thing.

O

Next in line is the investigation into juror17. I feel pretty sure that it will prove that she lied during questioning all the way through.

Does she get one count of perjury for each day the trial was held if she was lying to the judge each day? How many counts would that be and what would the punishment be?

you are assuming there will be an investigation... i personally think they have reviewed the documents from 3/3-3/5 including the questions and jss analysis of the situation...probably looked at voir dire including questionaire and if nothing stands out there which it does not seem to it is done.

It can be tough when the person isn't convicted. But even OJ was held civilly liable as the standard is lower.

Here, with a murder 1 conviction, wrongful death is a foregone conclusion. I can't imagine any attorney trying to fight it. And JA has to pay for the defense herself unless she finds a civil attorney with more than one screw loose. So, it's not even an expensive suit to bring-basically, she was convicted, ergo, wrongful death. And it's a good insurance policy in the event the state Son of Sam law gets overturned as unconstitutional or is other changed-a statute is only good while it's on the books.

And the Alexanders shouldn't file a civil suit against the killer? How ridiculous! The slaughter queen should NEVER be allowed to profit from her evilness!

That was after she slit his throat and in that picture she was in the middle of dragging him back down the hall towards the bathroom. His throat had already been slit. The huge blood area where she slit his throat, at the end of the hall near his bedroom, was proof of where it happened. That was the conclusion during the guilt phase.

I believe she slit his throat when he was face up. I don't think it changes anything.. I think we all have different theories on what happened in that house that day. And I think in the end it still means she is a monster.

Personally I think she is probably scared *****less. She is young, dumb and probably thought she pulled a real fast one on the prosecution. Sticking it to the law. Little did she know it would blow up in her face. She doesn't sound very bright.

who are you talking about...my comments are about the judge.and she is definitely not young...dumb (anyone here elected to be a judge?) and doubt she is trying to pull any fast ones????

Can't the Alexanders do anything without being second guessed? Please. Being so critical of their personal decisions has got to be hurtful.

I agree. They are adults and I'm sure have had a discussion amongst themselves and their lawyer. If they feel like this is what they need to do then I support them 100%

at that stage of the deliberations she would easily been seen as interfering with the vote of one person who had their mind made up...not a JSS fan here at all but that document indicates that at every stage of this mess she had case law backing her up....I think this will go no further and 17 will resume her life and be on Phil.

Exactly, if she had removed the juror there would have been a huge uproar and the verdict would have been reversed on appeal anyway, she did the right thing.

Since absolutely nothing can be done about the 'hung' verdict, what does everyone think the upcoming sentence will be?

I say natural LWOP or whatever they call it in AZ.

JA has shown no remorse. Chose not to have the presentencing interview with the Judge or make a statement to the jury. Didn't call any character witnesses at trial. Sat in the courtroom smirking and being as rude as she could be. Thumbs her nose at and shows not the slightest respect for the rules and authority in current prison.

Everyones hero Sherriff Joe, is an attention-seeker. JMO

Like the sadistic murdering convict? Bwahaha! I don't think he has a problem with the DP. I betya anti-DPers look for any reason to denigrate all and everything to do with the DP as an option and wouldn't be too taken with his opinions. I guess expressing my opinion and world view is attention seeking as well, just like Sheriff A.

I love that he speaks his mind and is no-nonsense and even more so, understands that a convicted criminal should not have the rights of you and me. But even more so, I love the Arpaio pink. To go from that to orange. The horror!. I don't think I could survive it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove