Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact she watched the movie wasn't new information though was it? It was to the jurors I guess but I thought we already knew this. I think the proglem was her using the movie in her decision making.

The real issue seems to be that Juan prosecuted her former husband. I don't think the movie was a concern for Juan. But if he'd known about the connection to her he never would have let her on, nor would the judge. The question becomes did she know this. She will probably deny this or have an explanation for it. But I honestly don't believe she didn't know. IMVPO.

Yes the movie wasn't a revelation. Not sure she actually used it to make her decision or not. Saying she "expected to see a monster" is a bit open to interpretation on that. She should not have said anything about that movie to her fellow jurors, though.

As for J17 disclosing any connection to JM, my understanding (and please let me know if I have this incorrect) is that the question asked was "do you know anyone in this case on either side, prosecution or defense?" I've thought about how I would answer this question. I recognize and know the names of a few ADAs in my jurisdiction because I've watched other trials so I would certainly recognize them as well as various judges. A couple I have spoken to before. But there are many I don't "know" and they don't "know" me and we've never met or spoken to each other. If we met up in person we'd be talking for the very first time. So if it was a case an ADA I had never met or spoken to was on, I would truthfully answer, no. And if it was an ADA I had met before I would say yes and then explain where we had met and talked before and what case it involved.

I really think the semantics are critical. What does it mean to "know" someone? Had they instead asked, "have you or anyone in your family or any friends or acquaintances had any dealings with or exposure to or were ever arrested or prosecuted by the state" that would have been very different. Not saying J17 wouldn't have lied (maybe she would have) but the question that was allegedly asked was kind of non-specific IMO.

If J17 is proven to have been a stealth juror, then I will applaud the justice system for exposing her and dealing with the punishment. But, I really was not surprised that the jury hung. The first bite of the apple did, too. I understood that the jurors had to be death penalty qualified. But the jurors had a personal decision to make. J17 could very well have told the truth that she believes the DP is just, in some cases. Obviously, she did not feel that way in this case, because she felt that Jodi was psychologically driven to kill TA. This does not mean that she thinks JA is not guilty of a horrific murder, only that she deserved to be taken out of society permanently. It was probably when push came to shove that J17 saw the DP as revenge. Just because she did not want to vote to kill her, on behalf of the people of AZ does NOT mean that she was a believer in Jodi, or that she sees Jodi as innocent. I am giving J17 the benefit of the doubt. If it is proven that she was a stealth juror, I hope she suffers the consequences via a court of law. JMO

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 27m27 minutes ago
Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10

Joe Arpaio just told me #JodiArias will be allowed to continue receiving... http://fb.me/1BsNn9elo

according to Beth all information from her years behind bars will be released by Sheriff Joe. It was described as two 3-ring binders full. Included will be transcripts of every phone conversation she has had, every visitor, every purchase, etc

Yup according to Sheriff Joe on twitter, he said the same thing, he will release it. I keep waiting for it. I don't have twitter open, but I know it was posted here a few days ago.

Yeah, but was one of their 'likes' The Daily Share, an HLN program that just debuted on January 13, 2015, right in the middle of the trial? That was one of the recent likes on J17's Facebook page, as per the court minute entry.

http://www.thewrap.com/hln-unveils-new-set-for-robin-meade-to-premiere-the-daily-share/

This is a great catch. I think HLN actually stayed away from this story for the most part during the trial, however this juror took an awful big chance if she did access this show as it has daily news updates on many cases.

oh SMH at the comments following Troy Hayden's posting as mentioned above.

Here's one comment: "This trial will go down in history as the worst botched case!"

Has this person been living under a rock? This killer was successfully convicted of first degree murder! OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, Robert Blake... not so much. Those 3 were set free. Geez people lack perspective.

No, she asked them again and they said things were better.

i think she covered herself every step of the way and is not worried about any after trial problems...she will give her natural life and go on about her own life...people here probably spend more time on this case than she is right now...i am disappointment in the state and the voir dire process but maybe they went as far as they could in advance...my guess is 17 is not the only one that went on social media or saw that movie before called for jury duty

When you all get into a circular argument and YOU know it's time to quit, do so. No need to announce it. No need to put posters on a guilt trip. Everyone knows the rules so let's just follow them so our post don't disappear.

Is it not okay to posts pictures of juror #17 and her husband ? I posted a couple and they were deleted.

Her husband has been on TV talking about this , and Juror #17 walked around in front of the media and hundreds of court personal for over a week.

As long as her name isn't attached to the picture, is it still a problem ? Everybody already knows his name.<modsnip>

time to follow Sheriff Joe.

Yup according to Sheriff Joe on twitter, he said the same thing, he will release it. I keep waiting for it. I don't have twitter open, but I know it was posted here a few days ago.

So, when Jodi gets to her new digs in Perryville, will that be where she organizes the tea and crumpets book club, recycling program and Spanish sign language classes? Why on Earth would the prison encourage it's inmates to use sign language?

O
Yes, this is what is stated. But for me the fact that they all of the other 11 jurors concluded and agreed that she initially refused to deliberate is the real issue at hand, and potentially paying lip service after the fact is a very, very real possibility--which would be all but impossible to determine.

Another thing is IF this juror lied to JSS when she was questioned about the whether or not she engaged in any social media activity regarding the LOA, The Secret, or Dirty Little Secret while sitting as a juror, and/or attempting to introduce this into legal deliberations then it is absolutely imperative that she be charged and prosecuted for that.

At the end of the day, if we are serious enough to ask people (jurors) to consider death as a sentence for crimes, we must be serious enough to ensure that jurors (especially on Captial Murder juries) are held to the highest standard allowable by law IMO.

Next in line is the investigation into juror17. I feel pretty sure that it will prove that she lied during questioning all the way through.

Does she get one count of perjury for each day the trial was held if she was lying to the judge each day? How many counts would that be and what would the punishment be?

Is it not okay to posts pictures of juror #17 and her husband ? I posted a couple and they were deleted.

Her husband has been on TV talking about this , and Juror #17 walked around in front of the media and hundreds of court personal for over a week.

As long as her name isn't attached to the picture, is it still a problem ? Everybody already knows his name. <modsnip>

If you have a link and he is discussing the case you can link it. Do not cut and paste from social sites.

WTF is happening to our youth? I was fascinated with New Kids on the Block. Why are they all such weirdos now? Is it the internet? I mean this and the slenderman girls???

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe · 3h 3 hours ago

Banned 10 #jodiarias fans from visiting 4 violating jail rules. The list includes 2 15yo girls who idolized Arias. http://tinyurl.com/k2sa5lx

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...arias-sherry-stephens-jury-deadlock/24723921/

Yep, just as I guessed a couple of days ago- juror 17 played victim and the judge fell for it.

IT is not that she fell for it. She has an obligation to make sure that the deliberations are run correctly and fairly. If the judge would have removed her and they got a DP verdict, Or pressured her and they get a DP verdict it would have been overturned on appeal.
There was nothing really this judge could do at that point.

Cathy &#8207;@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago
#jodiarias had 27 video chat visits on Saturday alone. Very popular convicted 1st degree murderer.

image.jpg
Travisalexanderjustice.com/pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members