Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT is not that she fell for it. She has an obligation to make sure that the deliberations are run correctly and fairly. If the judge would have removed her and they got a DP verdict, Or pressured her and they get a DP verdict it would have been overturned on appeal.
There was nothing really this judge could do at that point.

Your opinion. Certainly not mine. The judge has been taken in time and time again (IMO because it suits her purposes). Her behaviour and reactions prove it. Eleven against the one trembling holdout who wouldn't deliberate. Yeah, sure. She was SO helpless.

Do I care that it might have been overturned on appeal? Why? It would just bring us back to now.

i think she covered herself every step of the way and is not worried about any after trial problems...she will give her natural life and go on about her own life...people here probably spend more time on this case than she is right now...i am disappointment in the state and the voir dire process but maybe they went as far as they could in advance...my guess is 17 is not the only one that went on social media or saw that movie before called for jury duty

She is probably the only one of 12 who admitted it. JMO

Personally I think she is probably scared *****less. She is young, dumb and probably thought she pulled a real fast one on the prosecution. Sticking it to the law. Little did she know it would blow up in her face. She doesn't sound very bright.

i think she covered herself every step of the way and is not worried about any after trial problems...she will give her natural life and go on about her own life...people here probably spend more time on this case than she is right now...i am disappointment in the state and the voir dire process but maybe they went as far as they could in advance...my guess is 17 is not the only one that went on social media or saw that movie before called for jury duty

So, when Jodi gets to her new digs in Perryville, will that be where she organizes the tea and crumpets book club, recycling program and Spanish sign language classes? Why on Earth would the prison encourage it's inmates to use sign language?

LOL to accommodate all the deaf felons. JMO

Was the jury instructed they were absolutely not to use Facebook or any other social media during their jury service? Or... were they admonished to stay away from any info, articles, media or conversations about this case? There's a big difference. It is possible to make a Facebook post (like sending someone Birthday wishes) without exposing oneself to this case. I'm not saying it's a good idea, only that it can be done, and if the judge didn't specify what they could or could not use on their computer or phone then.... open to interpretation.

Madeleine 74 hit it exactly...the admonition is not to never go to your email/facebook etc. it is if you are there or watching tv and something comes up relevant to the trial you exit immediately. these people have lives and social media is part of that...

Sounds like she's having a real terrible time. I'll bet she ate popcorn.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago
#jodiarias had 27 video chat visits on Saturday alone. Very popular convicted 1st degree murderer.

I think they were told to stay off Facebook. I remember the judge asking them during selections if they could stay off Facebook for the duration of the trial and some couldn't and pardoned themselves. But we will need to know for sure what she told the final jurors.

I would like to see the questions that were asked at beginning of the trial about who they may know that could be related to a party in this case.

The whole thing smells very fishy. It was almost like she was coached well before she was on that jury IMO. The way she said she followed instructions to a "T", etc. Its almost like she knew how she should respond.

And as far as avoiding media about the case. My goodness. We cant tell when she liked these sites, but she obviously was a huge fan of news media. Something is rotten in Denmark.

"Detective Flores stated Juror 17 had accessed her Facebook page the previous day.
He was able to learn that Juror 17 had “liked” ABC News, The Daily Share, Nancy Grace, Fox10 News, 3TV Phoenix, CBS 12 News, CBS 5 AZ-KPHO among others."

WTF is happening to our youth? I was fascinated with New Kids on the Block. Why are they all such weirdos now? Is it the internet? I mean this and the slenderman girls???

Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe · 3h 3 hours ago

Banned 10 #jodiarias fans from visiting 4 violating jail rules. The list includes 2 15yo girls who idolized Arias. http://tinyurl.com/k2sa5lx

I'm shocked. Where are their parents? I see ISIS as the next possibility. It's sick.

I really don't understand what took the Warden so long to shut down the media stream. JA has been there for almost 7 years, leaving in @ a month. Seems to me the damage is already done. Why on Earth did he allow those ridiculous, narcissistic interviews right after the GUILTY verdict? The went long into the wee hours didn't they?

Closing the gate after the corral is emptied?

Well, this wont be popular but the reason it was allowed was there was a market for it. People, like us, were clamoring to see what the killer would say. I was one of them and there are lots of us out there. Kind of like not being able to rubberneck as you drive by an accident scene. There are still a lot of people out there scouring the web to see what else is coming from the killer's camp.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
#jodiarias 10 visitors still banned. @RealSheriffJoe holding off on banning all non-legal visitors until investigation complete

I wonder if the convicted murderess is being punished for her part in those video chats? Possibly she went to the hole today, is eating her tasty soy loaf, and counting the number of blocks in her cell walls all while having zero chats for the day and probably zero in her remaining stay at Sheriff Joe's Paradise Inn. :shame:

Your opinion. Certainly not mine. The judge has been taken in time and time again (IMO because it suits her purposes). Her behaviour and reactions prove it. Eleven against the one trembling holdout who wouldn't deliberate. Yeah, sure. She was SO helpless.

Do I care that it might have been overturned on appeal? Why? It would just bring us back to now.
A judge is not going to make a decision that will be overturned on appeal for sure. That is a precedent.They have to follow the rules. She has to be careful on her rulings.
It is over now. And that is that. Nothing is going to change it.

So, when Jodi gets to her new digs in Perryville, will that be where she organizes the tea and crumpets book club, recycling program and Spanish sign language classes? Why on Earth would the prison encourage it's inmates to use sign language?

I'm pretty sure that's how her and Donovan were communicating in court...

Civil litigation is useful for specific reasons. For the Goldman family it was their only recourse after their son's/brother's killer was set free. They wanted that killer to be labeled and held responsible. And they didn't want him to profit in any way. And fortuitously that killer got himself arrested, charged and convicted with a 9 to 33 yr sentence for doing illegal activities to try and profit off his name. (Booyah to the Goldman family, who I have admired for 20 yrs).

In the Arias case there may be things that can be (and should be) locked down and made so the killer cannot profit in some way. The only opportunity a victim's family has in this area is to pursue civil litigation and there is also a time limit for that.

Perhaps once the family has completed all legal avenues available to them they will be ready to move on to the next part of their journey.

Madeleine I have also admired the Goldman family all these years and they have forever remained in my heart. In terms of civil litigation does anybody know if the state pays for JA defense or is she on the hook for that one. I'd like to think that it would gall JA to be forced to spend her precious fund defending herself against the Alexander family in a civil suit.

Well, this wont be popular but the reason it was allowed was there was a market for it. People, like us, were clamoring to see what the killer would say. I was one of them and there are lots of us out there. Kind of like not being able to rubberneck as you drive by an accident scene. There are still a lot of people out there scouring the web to see what else is coming from the killer's camp.

Seriously? Apart from the one time I did read the tweets, I scroll past them. One time told me how yawningly boring her tweets were. She'll never change, either. There's no entertainment value there when your head is dead(ly). Only groupies slaver for her sermons from the mount. She really is tedious. Loser.

I'm shocked. Where are their parents? I see ISIS as the next possibility. It's sick.

Well, reading the statement from Arpaio's office, it seems that the parents must have reported it because it says they "caught" the girls. Luckily, the parents were doing their job.

I would like to see the questions that were asked at beginning of the trial about who they may know that could be related to a party in this case.

The whole thing smells very fishy. It was almost like she was coached well before she was on that jury IMO. The way she said she followed instructions to a "T", etc. Its almost like she knew how she should respond.

And as far as avoiding media about the case. My goodness. We cant tell when she liked these sites, but she obviously was a huge fan of news media. Something is rotten in Denmark.

"Detective Flores stated Juror 17 had accessed her Facebook page the previous day.
He was able to learn that Juror 17 had “liked” ABC News, The Daily Share, Nancy Grace, Fox10 News, 3TV Phoenix, CBS 12 News, CBS 5 AZ-KPHO among others."

Who is this juror? I mean really. I believe that she was anti DP from the beginning. I can not wait for her interviews. Should be a good train wreck.

My take-away from reading the PDF on the 3/3/15 in-camera hearings was that

1. the juror notes were not ignored, they were investigated by the judge
2. the judge did question each of the 3 people (though yes perhaps she should have questioned every last juror)
3. both the state and the defense had the opportunity to be present
4. both the state and defense had the opportunity to suggest a course of action
5. and ultimately, for some reason, the foreman and the other juror (18) told the judge separately that they did feel that J17 could deliberate and that things had improved. They said it and it's right in the notes, verbatim.

The judge had limited actions she could take and in a DP phase removing a juror when there isn't clear-cut evidence of violating the rules can get the sentence tossed by an appeal court. I realize some people think "so what?" but would it be any less devastating to the family if that happened a year or two down the road?

i wonder if this information becoming public and being frankly inconsistent with the reports immediately after the trial...means we may never hear from the jurors again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove