Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JSS did not read this part carefully enough....

"One court found proper grounds for removing a deliberating juror refusing to deliberate include: a juror’s unwillingness to engage in the deliberative process (not willing to participate in discussions with fellow jurors by listening to their views and by
expressing his or her own views; expressing a fixed conclusion at the beginning of deliberations and refusing to consider other points of view; refusing to speak to other jurors; attempting to separate oneself physically from the other jurors).
"

Sounds to me that is exactly what was going on and sounds to me JSS had every right to remove her and use an alternate.

No, she asked them again and they said things were better.

I think JSS did not read this part carefully enough....

"One court found proper grounds for removing a deliberating juror refusing to deliberate include: a juror’s unwillingness to engage in the deliberative process (not willing to participate in discussions with fellow jurors by listening to their views and by
expressing his or her own views; expressing a fixed conclusion at the beginning of deliberations and refusing to consider other points of view; refusing to speak to other jurors; attempting to separate oneself physically from the other jurors).
"

Sounds to me that is exactly what was going on and sounds to me JSS had every right to remove her and use an alternate.

It sounded to me like J17 was very careful to emphasize that she did not "physically separate" herself from other jurors when she stated basically that she liked to be left alone and eat lunch alone so she could maintain her "impartiality". It seems almost like she was coached on that fine line between having her opinion and what would constitute a refusal to deliberate.

Please do not presume to know what shoes those of us who disagree with you have walked in. I am not ignorant and DO know how those shoes feel.

My Great Uncle was walking home one night from the store, He was beaten and robbed and left for dead on the sidewalk. They never caught the maniacs who did it. I think that many many of us have lost someone in a tragic criminal way. Just because we don't talk about it, does not mean that we don't feel the loss. He was a sweet sweet man who would have given them anything they wanted.

From Steelman's post (198): "During the hearing, Defense Counsel Willmott stated she had learned that
other jurors had Facebook pages and had accessed their pages during the trial."

How would she have known that at that time? If she knew, wasn't she obligated to report it? Sounds fishy to me.

Did all the jurors attend the immediate presser? I thought some chose not to.

The more I think about this Juror 17 issue, the more I think it's the right outcome. A life sentence frees the Alexanders from having to continuously go back to court to relive this nightmare, and the issues around this juror are a good lesson for Juan and future prosecutors to check out jurors a lot better during the selection phase .. if she lied to the court she will be raked over the coals and hopefully prosecuted for that, ALSO Nurmi and Wilmott cannot really claim a moral victory, 11 of those jurors wanted to impose death, and there will forever be questions around the lone holdout. Beyond that, Juror 17's husband number 2 is about to get his butt kicked on social media (and perhaps even in the real world) for trying to profit from this situation, and Jodi is going to Perryville for life and will soon fade away.

A fairly good outcome :)

That's the way I'm looking at it.

I felt shock, anger so intense I was shaking, and was literally sick to my stomach the day it became clear the jury would hang. Then I went to camp. :)

During camp I wrote a long letter to the Alexanders, stayed away from all things JA, and prayed.

Ever since that day I've been convinced that LWOP is the best possible punishment for her, for all the reasons I've posted about since the verdict. Her fury ever since the verdict has confirmed that opinion.

Then all the good news today. Her take down is just getting started.

You are entitled to your opinion about it too. I happen to think that A civil case is useless and full of more pain. They won't ever get a dime, She will never be out of jail and all it will do is bring JA back to the limelight to slaughter Travis again. There is no upside to it.
I am sure they want to make sure she pays with everything she has, But I think in the end it will only cause them more pain. What happens if the Civil case goes against them also????? It would be devastating.
They got her. She is in prison for life. Leave her there to rot and forget she existed as much as you can. Remember Travis and build him a life even though he is gone.

Why should Jodi be allowed to profit from her heinous crime ?

Please do not presume to know what shoes those of us who disagree with you have walked in. I am not ignorant and DO know how those shoes feel.

I am sorry for your loss and you have walked in these shoes.

ETA: Oh how I wish I was blessedly ignorant. IMO

I don't like Civil cases as a second shot after a criminal one. To me that is the one that matters, I get that people don't agree with me, I just don't see an upside and in the end I think she hurts them over and over again. JMO

It doesn't matter what you think. It only matters what they think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiYa Sleuthers,

I had a great day with my granddaughter, playing, singing, dancing, all that good stuff and didn't think once about anything, other then her.
Mama comes to get her, and I turned on my tablet and wow!

Did the crap hit the fan today or what?

Video chats? sheesh our local jail here, has visitation twice a week and you only get a couple of people on that list. No phones, no video's nothing like that. Phones are contraband here.
15 year old girls she is telling how to get fake id's? Thank goodness those parents were paying attention.
Trying to hide "money". I sure hope the Alexanders/Lawyer, can get full access on those instructions. If that "trust" hasn't been closed as of yet. Bet that money is going out of the Country.

My My My... well now I gotta go read what you all have to say.

No, she asked them again and they said things were better.

Not to mention this was a death penalty deliberation, If she would've removed or 17 I think most people would fully expect that that sentence would've been overturned eventually anyhow

I think the only damage done was to Jodi herself, as far as the interviews go. They just expose her for the narcissistic little control freak that she is and it completely undermines her future evil media ruined my chance for a fair trial appeal since she is the one who was constantly courting them.

"Give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves." Who said that? That may not have been Sheriff Joe's intent, but it works out in the end, lol.

From Steelman's post (198): "During the hearing, Defense Counsel Willmott stated she had learned that
other jurors had Facebook pages and had accessed their pages during the trial."

How would she have known that at that time? If she knew, wasn't she obligated to report it? Sounds fishy to me.

I think she was bluffing. She thinks she's good at it, but she's not. I can't remember right now but it seems there was another instance where she tried to bluff.

and finally some concrete news...if you read that entire document you see exactly what went down since 3/3/2015. JSS was very busy and ruled according to law...some real different stories from those jurors compared to presser on last day. My conclusion is too little too late for the state's investigation of this juror and ever since 3/3 defense and state knew it was hung. Excellent research from the poster here of this document

I think the only damage done was to Jodi herself, as far as the interviews go. They just expose her for the narcissistic little control freak that she is and it completely undermines her future evil media ruined my chance for a fair trial appeal since she is the one who was constantly courting them.

"Give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves." Who said that? That may not have been Sheriff Joe's intent, but it works out in the end, lol.

Sorry for double post - glitchy today :/

Please..do not throw stones! I was on a jury for a murder trial..found defendant guilty. After reading the the released document where JSS left 17 on the jury, I believe 17 did deliberate. I do not think she was a plant, etc. Jurors see and hear things differently than people who are in the gallery or getting info by tweet. Even jurors do not see eye to eye..that was my experience. Rather than piling on, I respect her for standing up to eleven others who were pressuring her. She had to be able to come to terms with her decision not us. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to give someone the DP. Hard enough for me to find someone guilty of murder. JMO!

None of us can EVER imagine the pain that anyone else suffers. We can empathise in personally relatable situations, but my pain will never be known by anyone but me and the same is true for everyone else. It is unfair and inaccurate to compare degrees of pain...and equally unfair and inaccurate to presume what the best method is for coping with it. We all have pain and we all cope how we will. JMO For me, personally, grief is private. If others need to grieve publicly, so be it. JMO

But what can they PROVE that's all that matters, how do we KNOW she did the wrong thing? Do we even know she lied?
She may not have lied about when she liked what on FB. I'd wager that she did like all those hinky things before being seated on this jury. I'd wager that she did those things right around the time that JA was in the midst of her guilt phase. Can you prove she watched the whole movie. Nope. Can they prove that she came in to this with her mind made up. Not that either. But I believe she did. Circumstantial evidence keeps confirming it. Can they prove whether she lied to the judge about adhering to her admonishment? That would take a warrant. I doubt they'll pursue it after reading the minutes. If they were going to, if they were interested in knowing whether justice was actually taking place, they would have done so then when it would have counted. They didn't. Chalk one up for Wilmott. Will they announce whether she did or didn't lie about knowing JM? We'll see.

Any of these things alone would be understandable and I might be able to dismiss a couple. All of them together lead me to believe there were no honorable intentions from J17 in taking part in this trail. I don't think a failure to notice those clues by Jaun and Flores before last week is any excuse for hereither.

How does that saying about hoof beats and zebras go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member