Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somedays I think Sheriff Joe is off on actions but then eventually, I kind of understand him, sometimes. Pink underwear, the tents, the no coffee, surprised to see cigarettes on the commissary list though, no a/c only swamp coolers, the mystery loaf & high calorie diet allowance served 2x per day etc...That Saturday marathon video chat caught at least 10 things JA shouldn't be doing or people she shouldn't be allowed to be chatting with.

This time it appears he's making his list and checking it twice before he hands JA over to Perryville. She had a fight once with another inmate, iirc, there's sure to be other infractions & now this. That doesn't make her a very model type prisoner for privilages to me. oops, JA. It does show she's manipulative, like JSS said to the appeals court. Manipulative is the focus. Good.

jmo

Yes they were asked about their social media use, the same as #17(see following questions), apparently #17 felt the need to volunteer the information about sending a message through her facebook, no mention of anyone else doing so.

The big issue for the other jurors was that this one juror was not supporting her "opinion" with any evidence, which is what deliberating is supposed to be about... or so I had thought. They said she kept using KN's favourite word... "feel" when expressing her view and then had nothing to back up why she felt that way. She even admitted as much to the judge when questioned:

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/arias-minute.pdf
"When asked if she can deliberate with her fellow jurors, she stated: “I don’t feel that I’m being
given a shot.” “My opinion is not being heard.” “My opinion is being --- it’s not being valued
whereas I’m sitting and listening to – you know, we are sitting taking turns. And you know,
other people’s opinions are being written down and valued. I don’t feel mine is.” She stated she
had not refused to consider other points of view from her fellow jurors. She had not refused to
speak to the other jurors and she had not physically separated from the other jurors except she
made it a point not to go to lunch with anybody to remain as impartial as possible. After the
court’s further instruction was provided, she said she is expressing her opinion and others are
expressing their opinions."

"During the court’s individual questioning of the jurors on March 3, 2015, every
deliberating juror was asked these questions.

(1) Have you read, seen, or heard anything about this case in the media?
(2) Has anyone attempted to speak with you about this case?
(3) Have you spoken with anyone about this case?
(4) Have you done any research about this case?
Each juror responded “no” to each question."

Weird.. I read blah,blah,lie,blah,blah, lying liar. Woe is me.

According to a tweet from Troy Hayden the video phone is rolled right up her cell door and she talks on a handset in her cell, so she doesn't have to go anywhere. She gets to hold court right in her cell! :gaah:
I did not know this. WOW talk about service.

Yes they were asked about their social media use, the same as #17(see following questions), apparently #17 felt the need to volunteer the information about sending a message through her facebook, no mention of anyone else doing so.

The big issue for the other jurors was that this one juror was not supporting her "opinion" with any evidence, which is what deliberating is supposed to be about... or so I had thought. They said she kept using KN's favourite word... "feel" when expressing her view and then had nothing to back up why she felt that way. She even admitted as much to the judge when questioned:

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/arias-minute.pdf
"When asked if she can deliberate with her fellow jurors, she stated: “I don’t feel that I’m being
given a shot.” “My opinion is not being heard.” “My opinion is being --- it’s not being valued
whereas I’m sitting and listening to – you know, we are sitting taking turns. And you know,
other people’s opinions are being written down and valued. I don’t feel mine is.” She stated she
had not refused to consider other points of view from her fellow jurors. She had not refused to
speak to the other jurors and she had not physically separated from the other jurors except she
made it a point not to go to lunch with anybody to remain as impartial as possible. After the
court’s further instruction was provided, she said she is expressing her opinion and others are

"During the court’s individual questioning of the jurors on March 3, 2015, every

No those are the questions the judge asks of the whole jury before each day and it she isn't asking them if they were on social media. These were not asked of each juror individually. It appears that 17 was the only one actually questioned about her social media use once Juan started investigating. The other jurors were not asked directly that I can see like 17 was. If they were they may have admitted to social media use IF they had any.

My initial post was to someone who made it seem like 17 was the only who was honest about her using social media and the others lied or were hiding it. They were not asked. The only time 17 admitted was when she was asked.

I really like how Sherriff Joe thinks, and how tough he is on crime and inmates. This is obviously what has gotten him re-elected, and unfortunately I think he has to keep relevant in the media since he is an elected official. I totally could be wrong, but he doesn't come across to me like someone who would be into seeking media attention otherwise... Unlike CMJA...

Everyones hero Sherriff Joe, is an attention-seeker. JMO

Ha, ha. Ho. ho. And hee, hee!!!!! {For Tom Robbins fans}

The court investigated Juror17. That's a win. IMO, leave it.

And good old ole' Joe pulled the choke collar on JA.

Short of a killer monk from Humptulips? My day is made.

Juror 17 had an opinion that the other jurors didn't like. I think bringing up the "I feel" is funny. If you listen to the audio interview of the other 11 you will hear more than once "I feel" when they are giving their opinions. If "I feel" is good for the goose then why not the gander.

As for the use of social media, yes juror 17 volunteered the information about sending a birthday message. Did the other jurors? Probably not. It has been shown that other jurors had accessed their facebooks during the trial as well. But you won't hear that here because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Once questioned. The other jurors weren't questioned about their social media use.

I'm not so sure that this is accurate.
Didn't the DT wanted to know the social media sites of all the jurors so they could be monitored by the DT (my guess is the PI and MdlR) all through the trial to make sure that they were not breaking any rules?

Juror 17 had an opinion that the other jurors didn't like. I think bringing up the "I feel" is funny. If you listen to the audio interview of the other 11 you will hear more than once "I feel" when they are giving their opinions. If "I feel" is good for the goose then why not the gander.

As for the use of social media, yes juror 17 volunteered the information about sending a birthday message. Did the other jurors? Probably not. It has been shown that other jurors had accessed their facebooks during the trial as well. But you won't hear that here because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Well, that's one way to spin it, but it doesn't work for me. I'll wait for the results of the investigation regarding unusual Juror 17. MOO

If she liked The Daily Share like Flores said, and if that didn't launch before January, then she lied about the limits of her sm usage. Point. Blank. Period.

edit to add the earliest post I see for them is 9-23-14.

What date did this retrail start?

I think JSS has gone over to the dark side and will give JA LWP and credit for time served. Sherif Joe wanted Cha Cha charged for smuggling contraband in/out of Estrella (JA's "art") and JSS dismissed it. This was an obvious violation and would have had nothing to do with her fear of appeals in the JA case if she had ruled to charge her. Go figure!

Where was that shown? The only thing I read (in that court PDF) was that Wilmott made a comment to the judge that she (Wilmott) was aware or became aware of other jurors using Facebook during this phase of the trial. However, whether that was true or not--whether any other juror besides J17 used their Facebook account during this phase of the trial, wasn't clarified.

What was number #2 about?

And that list was written before today's news of her multiple violations, infractions, breakings of law....:)

Number 2 came from Troy Hayden, about that walk down the hall right after the Terdict (tainted verdict).

He said she was happy at the chance to hurt the Alexanders with her little dig, but flipped out when he told her the cameras were waiting for her around the corner. That's when she shielded her face with papers or whatever.

She was furious to be filmed doing a perp walk in stripes. Troy said she went off on him before and after the cameras, and was still raging after she disappeared from his view.

He joked that her keepers were pizzed at him because they had to deal with her tantrum for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm not so sure that this is accurate.
Didn't the DT wanted to know the social media sites of all the jurors so they could be monitored by the DT (my guess is the PI and MdlR) all through the trial to make sure that they were not breaking any rules?

They did but the judge said no. Any monitoring the defense did was independent.

Quoting my now favorite book Slumber Party from Hell by Sue Ellen Allen:
"Perryville sits in a huge dirt field where dust witches are constantly on attack. Almost daily the wind swirls around us, covering everything in a fine layer of grime. One window is stationary and not designed to open, but the other is supposed to open about three inches for ventilation. It used to open and close but now it's frozen - won't open, won't close. the result is a one-inch crack that everyone tries to seal through various creative efforts. Ours is sealed with Kotex soaked in glue and toothpaste...but eventually it starts to shrink and crack and it's back to the drawing board....the room is all gray steel and cream concrete. There is no softness."

Please excuse me quoting my own message, but if their is anyone who would like to read this book, but is unable to afford it, I will be happy to purchase a copy for you. Guess I 'd have to limit this to the first 5 people who respond...if it is okay with the
mods that is.

I think JSS has gone over to the dark side and will give JA LWP and credit for time served. Sherif Joe wanted Cha Cha charged for smuggling contraband in/out of Estrella (JA's "art") and JSS dismissed it. This was an obvious violation and would have had nothing to do with her fear of appeals in the JA case if she had ruled to charge her. Go figure!

If JSS had "gone over to the darkside" she would have managed to sustain one of Nurmi's multiple (at least 25 or so) motions to dismiss the case over the course of the last half a year. Or she would have sustained one of Nurmi's multiple motions for a mistrial or censure for prosecutorial misconduct. She overruled each and every one of those motions and Nurmi and team wrote probably a hundred or more. Further, this judge who "went over to the darkside" allowed this defendant to be convicted of first degree murder -- the most serious conviction one can get. For a judge who allegedly is on the side of the defense team, she sure hasn't done much to help them release the killer.

And judges don't charge attorneys or other personnel with violating county jail policies. If charges needed to be filed, I think it would have had to come from the state, not from Sheriff Joe directly to the judge.

I edited my last post to reflect it but I want to make sure nobody misses this:

Looking at The Daily Shares FB the earliest post I see is September 23, 2014. What was the first date of this trail? If anybody knows TIA

I really like how Sherriff Joe thinks, and how tough he is on crime and inmates. This is obviously what has gotten him re-elected, and unfortunately I think he has to keep relevant in the media since he is an elected official. I totally could be wrong, but he doesn't come across to me like someone who would be into seeking media attention otherwise... Unlike CMJA...

Sheriff Joe is just Sheriff Joe. Have lived out here and follow him on Twitter. We have lived here forever (40 years) but not in Maricopa County. He's a legend, maybe even in his own mind but he sure runs a jail tight. $ .52 for Thanksgiving dinner. lol

Several times on twitter, I read he would send anchovie pizza's to reporters who disagreed with him in the local news. Gosh, that was a few years ago, must have been Kiefer?

I chuckle reading about him somedays. Tough old dude. He's over 80, I believe. He's done a lot of good with his perspective on how inmates should be treated & legally.

He doesn't mind media attention. jmo

All we know about the other jurors accessing their SM is what Wilmott said in the minute entry.

Regardless accessing SM isn't the problem. The problem for people is the pages she liked, including a page for a show on HLN that didn't even come out until January. She must have followed these pages and knowing these channels followed the trial so heavily in the guilt phase it seems a bit improper. Also, the only thing she logged in for was to wish someone a happy birthday and that's it? I find that hard to believe.

Is it evidence of wrong doing? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member