Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, JSS asked if counsel was ready to procede with sentencing, Nurmi stood up and asked for 30 days, JM didn't object, JA declined the chance to pizz off JSS by speaking up, a date was proposed, JM said he wasn't available on the dste JSS first proposed, and asked that the Alexanders' schedule be considered-- they are only available on Mondays and Tuesdays, and JSS said that she could "certainly accommodate" the Alexanders' schedule.

The part I couldn't hear was Nurmi when he asked for the thirty days - read on twitter that others heard it was "to get her affairs in order". Would have liked to hear JSS question that, because everyone knew she was about to be moved to Perryville, didn't they? What "affairs"?

The whole thing seemed weird to me regarding how it went down. And I don't remember Nurmi saying anything about why the delay was needed - he asked and JSS granted it. But I was kind of in shock about the mistrial and all that so maybe I just didn't hear his reason.

IIRC. He said that his client had requested 30 days before sentencing.

Well of course she did, because she is a special :snowflake: , is what I was thinking at the time.

Just curious about something. For those in the know, do KN and JW's job abruptly end once Travis' murderer is sentenced--is there some ethical responsibility that keeps them beholden to her on a temporary basis following the sentencing? TIA

I think AZL has said the DT will likely be filing a bunch of paperwork on her behalf post-conviction, but not sure if that applied just to a DP conviction. I can't imagine they'll have any need to actually see her again. Her appellate attorney won't even need to meet her.

:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

FWIW, Hayden was asked about that smile/smirk, and he said she wasn't doing either that he could see. She was actually raging before and after she was on camera. Being filmed in stripes was apparently not OK with her, not one little bit.
According to Hayden she demanded to speak to her attorneys before she rounded the corner and faced the cameras.

Her guards had to break the news to her that her attorneys weren't around.

Once past the cameras she continued with her hissy fit long enough that Hayden joked her keepers told him they were ticked off at him because they had to deal with her anger all afternoon.
That's what "victory" felt like to JA moments later. :)

RBBM: LOL ... when she gets to Perryville:

No more Wilmott ... No more Nurmi ... and NO more BFF -- former Cougarlicious -- MDLR !

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Warning: This is complete speculation on my part

Thinking of how she might be getting all of these random people calling her, in the private boards on her jaii site they could list names of people who are approved, then allow others to call under those names. Maybe that is how some have been busted for calling under fake names, because they were just using a shared approved caller account. Unless numbers also have to be approved, then my theory fails.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

It's kind of funny all the ways people imagine that Arias will confront, deal with / not deal with, cope with / not cope with, behave or not in prison and the multitude of ways she could interact with any given person on any given day. We'll never know, of course, because those records won't be available for the public to follow.

I'm trying to recall if there's been any defendant in recent history who has so captivated the public that there is an obsession about what will happen to her once she gets to prison and the doors slam shut. The public desires total control of her destiny, right down to how she'll feeeel, what she'll think, every aspect of the killer's existence and thought processes.

That's pretty hardcore determination. I'm just glad she'll be locked away forever and will not be free (IMO she'll never get out).

I did that too, it's actually just an animated gif that looks like it's trying to download something and says something like 'trying to give a damn' then when the download fails it says 'trying to give a damn fails' ... hardy har har NOT!! I couldn't read the whole article it was too long winded, and chock full of nuts.

Could the download be this?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5I4AVWgpRM

IIRC. He said that his client had requested 30 days before sentencing.

Well of course she did, because she is a special :snowflake: , is what I was thinking at the time.

I guess JM was OK with the delay, because he didn't object. As it turns out, the delay was worth it, no? Perhaps all the more so if the investigation during this delay results in linking her to the illegal release of jurors' names.

It's all ammunition for her Perryville keepers to use to tame her.

Crazy Twitter rumour of the day: That a 9mm and a silencer was found in Jodi's bed at her Grandparents house when she was arrested.

^^ Why people believe and fall for this rubbish is beyond me :)

Just how long would it take to write down an allocution (sp) it is not like it would take even 2 hours....so why the delay in sentencing her???? She has had all these years to think of what to say even if she thought she would get off (horrific thought there.)

You know what .. it would be fun to call in for a Jodi chat, act all worshippy for about 30 seconds or long enough for her to relax and get all cosy, then unleash a tirade on her, filmed of course for the enjoyment of those in the twitterverse :)

Better yet instead of a tirade, gasp and say "I must have the wrong number."

I just found this
sentencing 30 days after verdict is normal (maybe the law?) If I'm reading correctly

Sentencing

If the defendant pleads guilty, or if the defendant is found guilty, the Judge will set a date for the defendant to be sentenced. In felony cases, sentencing will generally be held about 30 days after the change of plea or guilty verdict. Prior to sentencing, the court will request a Pre-Sentence Report on the defendant from the Maricopa County Probation Department (only for felony cases).

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/prosecuting-criminals/adult-criminal-trial-process.html

Just how long would it take to write down an allocution (sp) it is not like it would take even 2 hours....so why the delay in sentencing her???? She has had all these years to think of what to say even if she thought she would get off (horrific thought there.)

A month to wait for formal sentencing is not really unusual. Also, for things to occur in the meantime that necessitate rescheduling is not unusual.

Take comfort in knowing it will happen. Killer will not stay where she is forever. Her party is almost over and she will be on her way to her new digs. I will never buy that she has settled in nicely and enjoying her stay at Perryville, regardless of how often such nonsense is tweeted.

You can not cut and paste from Facebook. Provide a link or paraphrase but do not cut and paste.

I just found this
sentencing 30 days after verdict is normal (maybe the law?) If I'm reading correctly

Sentencing

If the defendant pleads guilty, or if the defendant is found guilty, the Judge will set a date for the defendant to be sentenced. In felony cases, sentencing will generally be held about 30 days after the change of plea or guilty verdict. Prior to sentencing, the court will request a Pre-Sentence Report on the defendant from the Maricopa County Probation Department (only for felony cases).

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/prosecuting-criminals/adult-criminal-trial-process.html

... and that's what she waived - not her plea for mercy. We all know how she hates for anyone to say she's 'not right in the head', and if that report includes Sheriff A's findings, then we all now know why she wanted that waived.

From the comments under Troy's Twitter post one lady said ja's fans posted yesterday about moving up sentencing, so maybe the killer is the one requesting it after sheriff Joe began to make her stay unpleasant.

Quick look at twitter: Circulating today is a pic of the Arias family group either entering or leaving the courthouse on 2/25, with who most seem think is J17's husband behind them, no others in the shot. Looks like the younger sister, her mother, Donovan and two women I remember seeing before but don't know their names.

Also an "update" on the special snowflake's mood:
***UPDATE ON JODI***
Jodi was very recently made aware of Sheriff Arpaio's banning of some who wish to video visit with her. (The jail did not tell her.)
In a word, she's "pissed."

Warning: This is complete speculation on my part

Thinking of how she might be getting all of these random people calling her, in the private boards on her jaii site they could list names of people who are approved, then allow others to call under those names. Maybe that is how some have been busted for calling under fake names, because they were just using a shared approved caller account. Unless numbers also have to be approved, then my theory fails.

We learned years ago that phone numbers can be spoofed. We had a restraining order against someone and he did that. :/

I know it's advanced technology, but a good security measure would be facial recognition software.

Too easy to circumvent the current safeguards at Estrella. For now.

FWIW, Hayden was asked about that smile/smirk, and he said she wasn't doing either that he could see. She was actually raging before and after she was on camera. Being filmed in stripes was apparently not OK with her, not one little bit.

According to Hayden she demanded to speak to her attorneys before she rounded the corner and faced the cameras. Her guards had to break the news to her that her attorneys weren't around.

Once past the cameras she continued with her hissy fit long enough that Hayden joked her keepers told him they were ticked off at him because they had to deal with her anger all afternoon.

That's what "victory" felt like to JA moments later. :)

He may not have seen that from standing next to her, but from our front view angle - she's definitely smirking and she moved the papers aside just to show us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member