Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plugged the WHOLE video ALL day and how they were so excited that they could air the 1st day in its entirety. *sigh*

They just restarted now, but Willas voice is not audio. Can't hear the questions. Said they're only going to do 30 min segments.

In my state of WI the ruling came down today that the two 12 year old girls that tried to kill their classmate who was also 12 by stabbing her 19 times and leaving her for dead will both be tried as adults. It's unbelievable that arias just months away from age 28 would even be able to use the age of 27 as a mitigator.
The case is the 'slenderman' case.

Neither do I, Audrey.

And especially since her victim was only a little over two years older than she was at the time he was murdered.

If #17 thought that was a mitigating factor then she should have also factored in that the victim wasn't much older.

By 27 almost 28 years of age plenty of people have had an honorable career in the military for 10 years.

With #17 using that as a mitigating factor it just shows she was grasping at anything and everything so she could vote for life instead of death.

It would have been different if Arias had been a teen at the time but we all know that wasn't the case.

So what #17 puts forth as mitigating factors really doesn't make a lot of logical sense, imo.

I think she would have viewed either as a victory, but only through her ability to turn everything into a victory. I think she did feel the death penalty would be good for her if she got it. She tweeted something during the trial that Juan shouldn't want the death penalty anyway because it would allow a light to be shined brighter on his misconduct.

But she is also happy with life because it hurts the Alexanders, pisses off her haters and vindicates her.
But those reasons seem to be her outward-facing and manipulative reasons, in which she finds a way to one-up anyone opposed to her and claim they lost and she won. I think what I'm looking for is more inward focused reasons, involving her own life and situation. As I said, she may have wanted the DP for the advantages it would have given her in better chances for a successful appeal, but she may have wanted Life because her living conditions would be far better, and while the DP had advantages, a successful appeal was not a guarantee, and her life for many, many years to come would have been much harder. I know we can't actually get into her head, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on what they think she actually wanted for her life.

I think she would have viewed either as a victory, but only through her ability to turn everything into a victory. I think she did feel the death penalty would be good for her if she got it. She tweeted something during the trial that Juan shouldn't want the death penalty anyway because it would allow a light to be shined brighter on his misconduct.

But she is also happy with life because it hurts the Alexanders, pisses off her haters and vindicates her.

I am a hater who is not pissed off that this killer did not get DP.

How does the life sentence vindicate the killer? It saves her from death row but vindicate means to clear of blame or suspicion. I am not following how life behind bars equals vindication.

I agree the Alexanders are in pain over this non-verdict. However, I do not expect this particular pain to last and in the long run I believe they will find long lasting peace with less chances for being constantly interrupted by the killer's legal issues for decades to come--such interruptions would certainly have occurred had this been DP.

But those reasons seem to be her outward-facing and manipulative reasons, in which she finds a way to one-up anyone opposed to her and claim they lost and she won. I think what I'm looking for is more inward focused reasons, involving her own life and situation. As I said, she may have wanted the DP for the advantages it would have given her in better chances for a successful appeal, but she may have wanted Life because her living conditions would be far better, and while the DP had advantages, a successful appeal was not a guarantee, and her life for many, many years to come would have been much harder. I know we can't actually get into her head, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on what they think she actually wanted for her life.

I think she wanted life but would have been happy with death after the shock and fury of having lost an entire jury with her brilliant defense scheme. I don't think she wanted death at all but through her need to win she would have created the appearance that she thought she'd won and would have slowly come to realize that death could have its advantages.

The life preference is genuine. The eventual glee with death would have been her convincing herself that it's better anyway and to, as you say, create the outward appearance that she won. It's the same idea that went into her "I prefer death anyway" declaration.

She has a habit of this.

IMO.

A wooden spoon is "severe?"

Now I can't imagine using a wooden spoon on my little princess baby, I sure as heck got whacked by a spoon! In fact, I preferred a wooden spoon versus my Nanny using her pinch of death on me when acting up at church.

Video quality is bad, hope they release a better version...HD.

I am a hater who is not pissed off that this killer did not get DP.

How does the life sentence vindicate the killer? It saves her from death row but vindicate means to clear of blame or suspicion. I am not following how life behind bars equals vindication.

I agree the Alexanders are in pain over this non-verdict. However, I do not expect this particular pain to last and in the long run I believe they will find long lasting peace with less chances for being constantly interrupted by the killer's legal issues for decades to come--such interruptions would certainly have occurred had this been DP.

I am just appproaching this from Jodi's point of view. She would have viewed it as a vindication because she thinks the jury would have seen she was abused and repressed and the true victim in this case. Luckily, the other 11 jurors sapped any chance of a victory parade for her.

I am not a hater. That's such a juvenile term and completely undermines the gravity of what she has done and why people are against her. She's a murderer not the prom queen.

But I am pretty happy with the outcome. She gets none of the benefits of the death penalty and none of the vindication that she thought life would bring her. And now she gets to stew in her cell with no more contact with her adoring fans.

As far as the Alexanders I was saying she views it as a win because it hurts the Alexanders. She loves it when she beats them and that's how she viewed this verdict. Her shot at them to Troy Hayden confirms this.

IMO.

I am just appproaching this from Jodi's point of view. She would have viewed it as a vindication because she thinks the jury would have seen she as abused and repressed and the true victim in this case. Luckily, the other 11 jurors sapped any chance of a victory parade.

I am not a hater. That's such a juvenile term and completely undermines the gravity of what she has done and why people are against her. She's a murderer not the prom queen.

But I am pretty happy with the outcome. She gets none of the benefits of the death penalty and none of the vindication that she thought life would get her. And now she gets to stew in her cell with no more contact with her adoring fans.

As far as the Alexanders I was saying she views it as a win because it hurts the Alexanders. She loves it when she beats them and that's how she viewed this verdict. Her shot at them to Troy Hayden confirms this.

IMO.

Gotcha!

I'm not a hater either. I was approaching from Jodi's view. :dance:

I can't post a link to a Twitter account but you might want to go and look at the letter on this person's twitter. It is clearly written by JA, while she was in court, and
smuggled out by ? to be given to a Ben Ernst. I will copy the portion that he shows here - ( "OK, I'm in court now and must cut these silly musings short. I love you
so, so much. I'm a lucky lady. You mean more than the world to me. ) must run xx - JUDITH A.ITH ARIASITH . PS Don't forget your gratitude.. 11/4/14
this can be found at Wingz@Hgurdyman .

He has posted "Been holding onto this for a few months. A note snuck out of court for Ben Ernst".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15