Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM states that Jennifer Pittman also said she overheard this assistant say the sentence should only be 2nd degree murder, and something to the jury foreman. The assistant denied saying such, and that perhaps the bailiff misheard or heard things out of context. That's an awful lot to hear out of context imo.

Also, if I heard correctly and watched correctly, it seemed to me that Nurmi agreed with Juan. He said he didn't remember any crying, though.

This whole Janet the assistant thing is about as disturbing to me as Juror 17. I swear I think we are lucky we even got a conviction for the murderer in the first place. Jeezaloo!

Is there a photo of Janet, and what exactly are her responsibilities???? Was she in a position to influence JSS, or the first jury?

Is AZL coming back?

I know for sure that Paul sanders talked about Janet.. I think she's the one that brought the evidence cart in to the jurors? I'm too tired to go back and read all his postings, but I'm sure he mentioned her several times...(not in a bad way)

I was under the impression it was during JA's first trial after listening to the sealed hearings that were released today...not sure on that,,, so don't "mark my words on that" :wink:

We don't know the context for the Janet thing, I mean there is a lot of gallows humour around a courthouse / jail / etc .. who knows what she was reacting to, how serious she was, her general personality and style of talking etc .. maybe she is just the kind of person who is prone to dramatic outbursts which nobody would normally take with any sort of seriousness if they knew her, but on paper might look absolutely terrible? I have no idea .. but for all we know Juan upset her that day by slamming a door in her face by accident and she had an over the top flamboyant outburst. Also, Tara (Juror) is just jumping to conclusions .. I'm not going from Janet making a crazy OTT comment to her leaking jurors names yet. Also, who claims to have heard her, could they have had an agenda? I do not thing what she said was appropriate if she did say that though, especially if in earshot of the jurors.

Janet, the person who JSS identified as her "judicial assistant" is, how to say this delicately, not too popular with trial watchers or the first jury.

Janet, the person who JSS identified as her "judicial assistant" is, how to say this delicately, not too popular with trial watchers or the first jury.

Janet is expendable Just like every county employee. I hope arizona is an at will state

We don't know the context for the Janet thing, I mean there is a lot of gallows humour around a courthouse / jail / etc .. who knows what she was reacting to, how serious she was, her general personality and style of talking etc .. maybe she is just the kind of person who is prone to dramatic outbursts which nobody would normally take with any sort of seriousness if they knew her, but on paper might look absolutely terrible? I have no idea .. but for all we know Juan upset her that day by slamming a door in her face by accident and she had an over the top flamboyant outburst. Also, Tara (Juror) is just jumping to conclusions .. I'm not going from Janet making a crazy OTT comment to her leaking jurors names yet. Also, who claims to have heard her, could they have had an agenda? I do not thing what she said was appropriate if she did say that though, especially if in earshot of the jurors.

It was a bailiff that heard her, wasn't it?

Nurmi agreed about what? Crying? I think I'm lost. LOL.

Oops! Sorry. the episode where a deputy heard a judicial assistant say to the jury foreman (paraphrasing) that JM is the one who should be stabbed 27 times and also that the charge should have been Second Degree Murder. The JA (the judicial assistant, not the jackass) was questioned and adamantly denied making either comment and according to Juan there were tears and crying. Juan told the judge and it looked and sounded like Nurmi agreed that he was there at the time and agreed that it happened, but that he doesn't remember the tears. I don't feel Nurmi was being oppositional, just that he didn't recall tears.

Someone correct me if I have it wrong, please :D

Oops! Sorry. the episode where a deputy heard a judicial assistant say to the jury foreman (paraphrasing) that JM is the one who should be stabbed 27 times and also that the charge should have been Second Degree Murder. The JA (the judicial assistant, not the jackass) was questioned and adamantly denied making either comment and according to Juan there were tears and crying. Juan told the judge and it looked and sounded like Nurmi agreed that he was there at the time and agreed that it happened, but that he doesn't remember the tears. I don't feel Nurmi was being oppositional, just that he didn't recall tears.

Someone correct me if I have it wrong, please :D

I only heard Michael Kiefer spew that second degree "shoulda been" BS about a thousand times (as did anyone else who had the displeasure of sitting next to him). It's my belief that he's in deep with Janet AND MDLR and somehow, just somehow someone leaked the first foreperson to him DURING DELIBERATIONS.

Call me crazy, but I think the judge's assistant talking about stabbing the Prosecutor and telling the jury foreman that it should be 2nd degree murder is a pretty big deal IF it's true. I would still think this even if she made the comment about Nurmi. It's very unprofessional and there's no excuse for it. Venting or joking doesn't cut it. SHE is the JUDGE's assistant! Having the JSS's assistant tell her opinion of the charges to the jury foreman goes even beyond unprofessional. If Juan's assistant spoke to the jury foreman about anything, it would have been a mistrial.

Thanks everyone for referencing time stamps when posting videos. I appreciate it.[emoji122]

Call me crazy, but I think the judge's assistant talking about stabbing the Prosecutor and telling the jury foreman that it should be 2nd degree murder is a pretty big deal IF it's true. I would still think this even if she made the comment about Nurmi. It's very unprofessional and there's no excuse for it. Venting or joking doesn't cut it. SHE is the JUDGE's assistant! Having the JSS's assistant tell her opinion of the charges to the jury foreman goes even beyond unprofessional. If Juan's assistant spoke to the jury foreman about anything, it would have been a mistrial.

God only knows .. it's difficult with 2nd / 3rd hand information to even know if what was said, to be said, was said! It doesn't make the general atmosphere in the courthouse sound very professional however.

On one Maricopa site (forgot to save it), I read she's been with the courts for over 25 years?

I've read some remarks about this assistant, mostly from those in court on various sites.

Also, if I heard correctly and watched correctly, it seemed to me that Nurmi agreed with Juan. He said he didn't remember any crying, though.

Yes, I'd forgotten that, that Juan mentioned JP said this assistant cried when the guilty verdict was read!

Spill sista .. tell us what ya got!!

At least it would be first hand info / observations / opinion :)

Watching the jury selection videos, I have to say that JM seems very thorough. He even goes after those potential jurors who stated they would favor the death penalty, looking for contradictions in their questionnaires. He approaches each person with a healthy dose of skepticism and his instincts seem very finely honed. It makes me even more convinced that #17 was truly a stealth juror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member