Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with CM too, I like JuansTie, but as far as being an insider, I think she's just someone who managed to sneak an account into the JAII vent rooms, or 'friended' a few on the JA support side, that's the impression I get, that really .. she's just one of us, she does seem to have text friendships with people in the courthouse though and is able to break news before the media which is a good thing :)

Thought Juanstie was a guy.

William Pitts @williampitts 2m ago

MCAO not takig much about juror 17. Any investigation would go to outside agency. #JodiArias

(This is from the MCAO presser going on right now.)

I noticed mitigation was included - duh! peeps - not at the appeal level!! However, you have to wonder how much has already been dispensed for legal expenses - such as mitigation ;)

Well I guess according to the language regarding Jodi having no control over the funds, you would have to direct that question to the stated Trustee, you know, the one who hardly ever attended the retrial? Why would a defense fund be created for an individual but structured so that individual had no say over the use of the funds?

I was watching Fox 10 live when Troy received the call from Maria. Troy said that it is not his job to question the veracity of Maria's statements but to merely report them to the public. Personally, I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. The truth and Maria are strangers.

:seeya:

BBM: Is that you, Judge Strickland ? :hilarious: I just couldn't resist :)

Maria was definitely in damage control mode, IMO !

:cheers:

Oh, by the way guys .. did you see this?

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 14h14 hours ago
Decided to follow someone new. Who could it be? @Quinn__Michaels

So if you go to Quinn_Michaels account, you see it's a statement which you need to read from the bottom up, anyway, that's been done so here it is in full:

In light of all the BS rumors going around, I thought I'd throw a little truth out into the mix. Believe it or don't. But here it is.

The mental breakdown- complete crap. Jodi has been in jail for going on 7 years, 2 of them in "solitary." She's been thru 2 trials and has faced the death penalty. And you think taking away her video visits and her junk food for a few weeks is going to cause her to have a mental breakdown? Dumbasses!

The article that came out today--wow. Lot of claims being made in there. Lot of inflammatory statements. In large font. But doesn't there ever come a time when you're reading it and you think to yourself, "You know what? There isn't any proof of any kind being offered in this article. A lot of claims. But no proof. Hmm. They say they have proof. So why aren't they showing me any? I guess they assume I'll just believe all this stuff and not ask any questions."

The money trail-- we'll start with the art. Do you really think that the authors have access to my bank account? Come on, people. I've had 17 transactions in the last 30 days? Did they login to my online banking to get those numbers? Did they visit a branch? Did the FBI give them the info? And what's all this I hear about art money being funneled to Europe? WTF? Selling art isn't that complicated. I get an order, money goes into my account, I put a print in a cardboard tube, and I take it to the post office. At no point does Europe factor into this equation. And if this art thing is such a big scam, wouldn't I just want to keep all the money for myself? Why would I send it to Europe?

And why do I need MDLR? What, because she "smuggles" stuff out of jail? I don't know if you're aware of this, but not everything that comes out of a jail has to be smuggled out. They have these convenient little things called inmate property release forms. They come in handy.

By the way, I love how they start a lot of their statements with, "We are also told by @JuansTie..." Juan's Tie? Really? Dumbasses!

Ok, moving on to the 14 bank accounts. I like how they say, "..we have not been authorized to release the bank name." But they were, evidently, allowed to say that there are 14 accounts. Who authorized that? Juan's tie? So what the hell do we need 14 bank accounts for? That seems rather excessive. Seems like an international scam fund could run perfectly well with, I don't know, say, 9 or 10 accounts. And who seized them? The IRS? The FBI? Homeland Security? And what, after the authorities seized the accounts, they reported back to Juan's tie?

Was this in the paper? Was this in an article online? It seems like if something this big happened, other people would have heard about it.

But nope, only Juan's tie knows about it. That makes perfect sense. And here's another line I like, "We've been looking for tax returns associated with the Jodiland empire for months." Really? Where were you looking? And what's taking so long. I thought Juan's tie had the hook up. Can't you just call up the IRS and demand that they give you all the tax returns. Actually, no, you can't. That must be what's taking so long. They go on to say, "We have never been able to locate one tax return associated with her art sales, donation fund, appellate fund, or all of her show me the money funds and big piles of money." Ok, if that isn't a sentence written by an idiot, I don't know what is.

So let's break this down. Art sales- I didn't take over the art until 2014 so I haven't had to file a return yet, dumbass. The donation fund and the appellate fund are the same thing. Not sure what a "show me the money" fund is. And why would we have big piles of money laying around if we have 14 bank accounts? I was going to get into the thing about SJ being the international kingpin of the entire empire, but I changed my mind. If you actually believe that, then I'm probably not going to be able to change your mind. The guy runs a website, ya'll. He's not John Gotti.

So let's refresh. The art thing? It's all me. SJ just updates the website when I ask him to, like if I need him to unlist something after it sells. MDLR has nothing to do with the art. Why? Because I don't need her. It's a one person job. How much art do you think I'm selling?

There's not 14 accounts. There's one account. The appellate fund. That's all there's ever been. This whole thing about pyramid schemes and international money transfers and crime rings and bank account seizures...it's all stupid. But it's exciting, right? And makes you want to read the articles and follow the tweets. Wow, this stuff's juicy.

What's next?

Why do you think that, before the article came out, they announced that they had this big news scoop? It's just a marketing tactic. They wanted to make sure they had you all salivating for the article. Because the Examiner pays by how many hits the article gets. The more BS the authors shove down your throat, the more money they make.

So even if you don't believe anything I just wrote--at least ask these tweeters and article writers to give you some proof that Jodi's art or appellate fund is a scam. Anything. Just one thing. A bank statement? A memo? A letter or an email from the IRS? Anything will do.

By the way, I've known Jodi for a few years now and she rocks. So eat it!

I found all that interesting .. take it for what it's worth.

No, she's a she :)

JMO-I've been impressed with her (@juanstie) work. On the other hand, ja's paint by number distributor, too funny! Kinda interesting that he felt he needed to get a word in edgewise. :)

MDLR wants a few things put on the record.

She is denying that she has any account for Jodi Arias. She is denying that she has handled any money at all for Jodi Arias. She hasn't been subpoeneed and neither has her twitter account. Maria is the only person who is in contact with JA in prison and she says that JA has had no meltdown - Reports are false.

So is she tweeting for her then because there has been a lot of activity and even a tweet last night about Troy getting his facts straight or some nonsense.

But if they can get in big trouble for disclosing the investigation to the account holder, why would that information be passed on to two investigative journalists? Even though the two journalists have been correct many times, it's not like their names are recognizable enough to form a relationship with a major source in the FBI or law enforcement agency? Maybe they have? It just seems odd that they would have received information regarding subpoenas, bank account holder information, etc...

I have no idea. My response wasn't in reference to the accuracy of the story, it was regarding whether or not the account holder/owner (allegedly MDLR) would even be aware of any bank investigation into moving money around in those accounts.

I have no idea how the person could have found out there even was an investigation.

"By the way, I've known Jodi for a few years now and she rocks. So eat it!"

Ummm... ok?

How old are these people?

... a "few years", why don't you get back to us, on that statement, in a few more.

There is a Presser going on with Bill Montgomery right now:

Here are some Tweets, which are :eek:fftopic: but somewhat related topics ... :waitasec:

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 35m35 minutes ago

Apparently we're running late. Startinng now. Bill Montgomery just walked in.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 30m30 minutes ago

Flores is giving a statement on the shootings in AZ!
LIVE now http://bluesharp1911.wix.com/courtchatter#!az-central-/cizv …

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 27m27 minutes ago

Montgomery says #debramilke decision left him sad and frustrated.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 25m25 minutes ago

Montgomery: "people will be left with the impression that prosecutors did something wrong." #debramilke

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 24m24 minutes ago

Lead detective in the case took the 5th to avoid incriminating himself. Court found prosecutorial misconduct. #debramilke

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 14m14 minutes ago

MCAO not takig much about juror 17.
Any investigation would go to outside agency. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 5m5 minutes ago

Gotta bail. Not much in juror 17.
Heading to mesa for the shooting. Suspect still on the loose.

I'm not arguing that the government and the IRS can't or don't do this, I know they have the power to investigate accounts and freeze assets, but private investigators cannot subpoena financial institutions or Twitter for that kind of information. I'm not saying that an investigation isn't correctly occurring, I'm just skeptical that information beyond "yes, we can confirm an investigation is underway" is being passed on.

Me, too. Unless one of the tweeters has some sort of relationship - friend in the business, etc., but in this case, relaying that information to anyone not involved in the investigation (let alone tweeters) would compromise their professional position. I've seen it it happen for less serious offenses, but passing information is pretty much a no-no in all businesses.

That's a scream. Again kinda indicates the IQ level of her minions. Remember the one who asked on one of the sites if she mailed a postcard did it require a stamp? ROFLMAO

LMAO, seriously? I missed that one.

Just remember folks, these people can be called for jury duty...and their vote in elections count just as much as yours! :) :) :)

I thought the PO Box cash donations situation was a joke someone started. Just for fun I googled the address, and the internet came up with a name of the person allegedly holding that po box as of Jan-2014. https://www.exphonebook.com/main.php?id=24565078&state=az

Only person i can locate with that name I. that area is a police officer

LOL! It's a sting! Undercover cop sets up cash only arias donation PO box!!!!!!!!! hahaha
Makes me wonder if someone from the JA camp is setting this officer up. Hope she knows this is out there...

I'll be honest. CBs "hard hitting" evidence in other pieces she's done..has been well... They wouldn't even hold up in civil court. Not Even sure previous evidence she's produced would even be enough as a confirmed rumor. The fact that juanstie didn't break this and instead CB did is..suspect to me. What documents?! Could be a million documents they are alluding to. I just don't trust a relationship blogger in another country where Her previous blogs were, how to say this nicely. Suspect in of themselves. I don't doubt there's hinky going on I. wonderland but I'm not sure That they have the goods on them. After i further thought about it, a hypothetical PI from the alexander camp would not give the information to cb or juanstie. Cathy from court or even jen woods, BK wouldve gotten the scoop.

I agree it's better not to comment. But as someone who has dealt with the media before, as well social media, I'm certain if she said "no comment" there would be a whole lot of people screeching, "see! she's has something to hide! Someone with nothing to hide would have no problem speaking out!" It's a double-edged sword, really.

Often ignoring the screeches is just part of the job.
And I agree that her inability to just say, "No comment" speaks volumes.

I am absolutely hopeless at anything financial, beyond my own little bank account. Before this week's news fades away, I took a little trip over to J4J to remind myself of the 'Legal Fund' info posted there.

In brief, this is how it is described:

Irrevocable gift trust; express purpose of paying legal fees associated with appeals; may include attorney retainers, investigator retainers, experts, mitigation, and court filing fees.

The Alexanders will seek to get as much money as they can from Jodi. The money in the Legal Defense Fund does not belong to Jodi. The trust is not in her name, does not control it, does not have access to it.

Any money remaining after appeals will be given to two nonprofit organizations. These instructions are built into the trust.

The trustee is Sue Allen Halterman; she had an attorney structure the trust so that she may not use any of the funds for herself; she refused the option to take a monthly trustee fee. Replacement trustees are named in trust if she steps down.

Any comments from the financial whizzes here?
Not a whiz, but just commenting that I thought I remembered the defense fund being set up this way, but the article mentions a 501C. How many funds are there, and wonder if this one is being looked into as well since Aunt Sue is supposedly on their list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi