Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely hopeless at anything financial, beyond my own little bank account. Before this week's news fades away, I took a little trip over to J4J to remind myself of the 'Legal Fund' info posted there.

In brief, this is how it is described:

Irrevocable gift trust; express purpose of paying legal fees associated with appeals; may include attorney retainers, investigator retainers, experts, mitigation, and court filing fees.

The Alexanders will seek to get as much money as they can from Jodi. The money in the Legal Defense Fund does not belong to Jodi. The trust is not in her name, does not control it, does not have access to it.

Any money remaining after appeals will be given to two nonprofit organizations. These instructions are built into the trust.

The trustee is Sue Allen Halterman; she had an attorney structure the trust so that she may not use any of the funds for herself; she refused the option to take a monthly trustee fee. Replacement trustees are named in trust if she steps down.

Any comments from the financial whizzes here?

I just laugh that they believe They can fundraise half a million dollars for Her appeal between her 14 supporters. And then have money LEFT OVER to donate :floorlaugh::shocked2:

No but really.. Lol

:seeya: Thanks, Meemaw !

Basically, the investigation is for real but cannot reveal any documents as it would compromise the investigation !

It does confirm that a "high level source" is involved in the case and investigations ... BUT ... cannot confirm which agency is leading the investigation, or which bank, etc. !

:gaah: We know about as much now as we knew yesterday !

After four months of non-stop BS from the defense in the re-trial and the fallout re: J-17... wouldn't it be sweet for someone high up in the Maricopa County Atty's Office to have dropped a dime on the Princess and the Cougar's "activities"? :)

Speaking of Sherry and her apparent lack of decision-making... does anyone know who has the final say if Arias is to appear in court for her sentencing wearing a black and white striped potato sack, or wearing Dolce Gabbana, walking on Gucci's and accessorized by Harry Winston?

I am going to stick my neck out and say stripes. MOO! Doesn't she immediately leave for Perry-ville from court sentence?

I am going to stick my neck out and say stripes. MOO! Doesn't she immediately leave for Perry-ville from court sentence?

No. She won't leave for probably a few days afterwards. Nobody will know When either its a security matter

Unbelievable ... here are 2 Tweets from the :jail:

Sure sounds like MDLR, don't ya think ?

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 20h 20 hours ago

http://************************/my-response-to-troy-haydens-latest-bs-justice-for-jodi-arias/ …
#TroyHayden, your sources are full of hot air. Get your facts straight before reporting.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 13h 13 hours ago

Decided to follow someone new. Who could it be? @Quinn__Michaels

I was watching Fox 10 live when Troy received the call from Maria. Troy said that it is not his job to question the veracity of Maria's statements but to merely report them to the public. Personally, I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. The truth and Maria are strangers.

I am absolutely hopeless at anything financial, beyond my own little bank account. Before this week's news fades away, I took a little trip over to J4J to remind myself of the 'Legal Fund' info posted there.

In brief, this is how it is described:

Irrevocable gift trust; express purpose of paying legal fees associated with appeals; may include attorney retainers, investigator retainers, experts, mitigation, and court filing fees.

The Alexanders will seek to get as much money as they can from Jodi. The money in the Legal Defense Fund does not belong to Jodi. The trust is not in her name, does not control it, does not have access to it.

Any money remaining after appeals will be given to two nonprofit organizations. These instructions are built into the trust.

The trustee is Sue Allen Halterman; she had an attorney structure the trust so that she may not use any of the funds for herself; she refused the option to take a monthly trustee fee. Replacement trustees are named in trust if she steps down.

Any comments from the financial whizzes here?

BBM I'm not a financial whiz, but two things stick out to me: 1) may include?? A little vague and leaves the door open for other expenses, i.e. Hershey Bars. 2) why would they include any language about the Alexanders if that wasn't a potential purpose for the trust fund?

I just laugh that they believe They can fundraise half a million dollars for Her appeal between her 14 supporters. And then have money LEFT OVER to donate :floorlaugh::shocked2:

No but really.. Lol

According to them, the money is pouring in from males and 'church ladies'.

Christine Beswick
Aw. Poor #JodiArias. It sounds like someone's accounts might be a little icy today. #JodiArias now only accepting CASH donations.

LOL, silly crooks - P.O. Boxes are traced easily by LE/govt/IRS. Evading taxes! Person who's soliciting CASH - big trouble :D

Once again her total lack of professionalism shows. That should have been a "No Comment". If she wasn't asked, she shouldn't have brought it up. As a member of a defence team, MDLR is way too involved with the drama of social media. Her judgment, IMO, is so poor that I have every reason to believe she is deeply entrenched in the Arias cesspool.

I agree it's better not to comment. But as someone who has dealt with the media before, as well social media, I'm certain if she said "no comment" there would be a whole lot of people screeching, "see! she's has something to hide! Someone with nothing to hide would have no problem speaking out!" It's a double-edged sword, really.

BBM I'm not a financial whiz, but two things stick out to me: 1) may include?? A little vague and leaves the door open for other expenses, i.e. Hershey Bars. 2) why would they include any language about the Alexanders if that wasn't a potential purpose for the trust fund?

I noticed mitigation was included - duh! peeps - not at the appeal level!! However, you have to wonder how much has already been dispensed for legal expenses - such as mitigation ;)

According to them, the money is pouring in from males and 'church ladies'.

Let's see the statements :liar: IDGAF if she raised any kind of money big money then she needs to disclose that in her financials to the court. The witch can pay for her own appeals. I wish she would

JMO-I don't know when I've laughed so hard. Wrap the cash in paper and mail it to a PO Box???? :floorlaugh:

DoItDoItDoIt! Use monopoly money or print fake money off the Interwebs. ;)

I agree it's better not to comment. But as someone who has dealt with the media before, as well social media, I'm certain if she said "no comment" there would be a whole lot of people screeching, "see! she's has something to hide! Someone with nothing to hide would have no problem speaking out!" It's a double-edged sword, really.

Thing is, no one asked her for a comment.

I agree with everything you say CM ~
Jeff has been tweeting "follow the money" for sometime now. I have always thought that Juanstie was an insider. A plant if you will. He was also the first one to tweet about the 11 juror's name being released on the jaii site RIGHT AFTER they were posted. Just my opinion of course.

I agree with CM too, I like JuansTie, but as far as being an insider, I think she's just someone who managed to sneak an account into the JAII vent rooms, or 'friended' a few on the JA support side, that's the impression I get, that really .. she's just one of us, she does seem to have text friendships with people in the courthouse though and is able to break news before the media which is a good thing :)

I was watching Fox 10 live when Troy received the call from Maria. Troy said that it is not his job to question the veracity of Maria's statements but to merely report them to the public. Personally, I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. The truth and Maria are strangers.

JMO,BBM-I don't think he particularly trusts her either. His statement wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Speaking of Sherry and her apparent lack of decision-making... does anyone know who has the final say if Arias is to appear in court for her sentencing wearing a black and white striped potato sack, or wearing Dolce Gabbana, walking on Gucci's and accessorized by Harry Winston?

:seeya: Hi Wing Ding !

BBM: :hilarious: !

JMO but I think IF the defense requests regular clothing instead of her "black and white striped potato sack" :hilarious: ... I have no doubt JSS will allow her to wear designer clothing :gaah: !

:cheers:

The Troy Hayden tweet was about the BGC video being posted on their site.
Though I'm sure they will have something to say about Troy's spidey senses have been tingling. He sure didn't sound like he was buying into any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela