Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - So, what defense would she have recommended - the ninjas or the killer was never there, lol!?
yeah they accuse Nurmi of forcing her to use the story that she and her minions are STILL claiming is true (DV) and also accusing the State of sandbagging them by choosing to change their strategy on the bullet first theory and according to the crazy ones that blew the whole defense because they were not prepared for that. Nevermind that JODI changed her story how many times? And even from the first trial to the second they went from DV to mental illness but THAT is not sandbagging the State, huh? It's like they live in this alternate universe where you claim all sides of everything. It truly is mind boggling.

Her family was in court while Juan proved every instance of DV she claimed could not have happened as Jodi testified. The man tried a murder case a sex crime (pedophilia) case and four cases of domestic violence all at once. It was an amazing thing to behold. He truly is THE Prosecutor

I totally agree! thanks button is gone again.

I don't know how a defendant's family would act or should act under the circumstances but if anyone ever decides to write a manual they should definitely NOT ask the Arias family to contribute :(

I have a friend that I have only known thru online and texting. Her ex husband was a Marine and served 4 tours in Afghanistan. I met him online on a Christian forum I used to frequent. About 3 weeks into his 4th tour he got severely injured to the point that he was bed ridden, had brain injuries and could not take care of himself. He had PTSD and was very violent too. There's a lot more but anyway some haters on that forum that are against war of any kind told him he was a murderer and he should just off himself. Well he DID. They had those WBC people show up to protest his funeral and my friend (his ex) is STILL being harassed and he has been dead for a year now. It's very sad and I only shared that because there are a lot of evil people in the world and a lot of them are like JA and just won't let it go EVER. But there is really no explaining the pain they continue to try to inflict on the Alexanders because you just can't explain evil or mental illness in any kind of rational way.

I like everything you write in your post, except the part about mental illness. I think it's unfortunate that mental illness gets lumped in with evil. Mental illness might even manifest itself in the very opposite of "evil: you could be overly nice and generous because of a mental illness (e.g. in the manic phase of bipolar). But Jodi's criminality has nothing to do with mental illness. She has a failure of empathy and a will to kill. This is independent of her obvious BPD and narcissism, although these might contribute to the success (in her mind) of her psychopathy, by creating her facility for manipulation and the self-centeredness that makes no one else matter.

I don't think Killer's family believes one single aspect of any of her stories. They know her well enough that they can't possibly believe anything she says. They want money donated to her "cause" and they know that most people are not going to donate funds to appeal a murder conviction unless they believe the person to be wrongfully convicted. So, her people try to convince as many as possible that Jodi is a victim.

Their being total insensitive jerks toward the Alexanders is unexplainable, though. How does one justify something so beyond reason? Mentally ill people do stuff like that; are we to assume the whole family is mentally ill? I don't mean crazy...I mean a real, actual mental illness. Could they all suffer from one? I doubt it, to be honest. I think they are not ill at all but just plain crazy, but mostly greedy. The monetary gain they have received might continue for some time before it diminishes and finally ends. When that happens, they will become noticeably less vocal.

JMO

When they rest their heads on their pillows at night I find it hard to believe they really have faith in the killer's innocence. Perhaps they find what she did so heinous they must rationalize her act to deal with it. Perhaps they're so embarrassed by the crime that denial is how they are able to show their faces in public. I can't really pretend to know why they choose not to face the truth, but it can't be healthy for any of them.

When they rest their heads on their pillows at night I find it hard to believe they really have faith in the killer's innocence. Perhaps they find what she did so heinous they must rationalize her act to deal with it. Perhaps they're so embarrassed by the crime that denial is how they are able to show their faces in public. I can't really pretend to know why they choose not to face the truth, but it can't be healthy for any of them.

I think that some of them see something of themselves in her and that becomes a conundrum to them. I think that to think she is guilty means there must be something very wrong with them. Face it, These are not scholars or smart and pillars of society. The ones who latch on to people like this to support are usually very broken and damaged.
As much as people may hate that group, I don't. I pity them. Normally developed people know she is guilty and should pay her debt.
Some people just are not all there.

I like everything you write in your post, except the part about mental illness. I think it's unfortunate that mental illness gets lumped in with evil. Mental illness might even manifest itself in the very opposite of "evil: you could be overly nice and generous because of a mental illness (e.g. in the manic phase of bipolar). But Jodi's criminality has nothing to do with mental illness. She has a failure of empathy and a will to kill. This is independent of her obvious BPD and narcissism, although these might contribute to the success (in her mind) of her psychopathy, by creating her facility for manipulation and the self-centeredness that makes no one else matter.

Well I did not mean to lump mental illness in with evil. They are two separate entities for sure. She does have some disorders to the extreme and you are right they have nothing to do with evil. They are enhanced in her because she is also evil besides her deficiencies. I was more speaking to the people that are her supporters, who might not be evil but are at a minimum delusional, and IMO some are mentally ill, and have been taken advantage of by the family and JA herself. Again, all JMO

Jodi is an adult responsible for her own CHOICES. Same for the Aunt who made the ignorant callous remarks about the Alexander Family.

I will not hold anyone accountable for Jodi's CHOICES except Jodi.

I have to chuckle at what I just read over at the JAII site. It's interesting that they think the judge was biased against Jodi. They throw everybody under the bus, Nurmi, Wilmott, everyone. Well I take that back, I did not read anything about MDLR. But the most hilarious thing is that they think if they find the gun it will prove that Jodi didn't kill Travis. Hahahaha.

All who are hellbent on clearing Killer Arias's name should prove their loyalty to the killer by going out to the desert to search for the gun. And it goes without saying that anyone who is truly sincere in their beliefs about her innocence would stay out there until they find it.

Jodi is simply a reflection of the "family" she grew up with.

Why is anybody surprised that they are a bunch of misfits and screw-ups that say outrageous things ?

I agree the whole family is a mess but as far as I know none of her family have killed anyone and I don't expect any of them to. So, I believe Jodi to be evil in her own right.

I'm astonished they want to find that gun. It will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt Jodi went there to murder Travis. Right now, they have this to chew on and ruminate. Once that gun is found......

Be careful what you wish for morons.

I'm astonished they want to find that gun. It will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt Jodi went there to murder Travis. Right now, they have this to chew on and ruminate. Once that gun is found......

Be careful what you wish for morons.

All they have to do is ask their freakish leader. She already admitted she got rid of it. Problem solved.. she should be out in no time! :sarcasm:

All they have to do is ask their freakish leader. She already admitted she got rid of it. Problem solved.. she should be out in no time! :sarcasm:

LOL, you have a point!

If the gun will prove her innocence, what are they waiting for? Just ask Jodi where it is and then go fetch it!

But see they think it was NOT the grandpa's gun and it was SOMEONE ELSE that did it, so Jodi would not know where it is, but if they can find it they think it will prove that it was NOT the gun that shot Travis and then yeah, she will be set free just like that. hahahaaaaaaa

I don't condone for a millisecond the way CMJA's family have behaved. Their demeanour in court was disrespectful and inappropriate. Their actions (trying to sell the fake letters, the way they have acted online etc) is unforgivable. However there have been moments I've felt sorry for Sandy and Bill. It's blatently obvious that the abuse allegations are untrue. Whenever the camera has cut to them when the childhood abuse and trashing of them was going on you could just see in both Sandy and Aunt Sue's faces that it was all lies. They aren't as good at hiding stuff as CMJA. CMJA's mom especially, you could read her like a book and it was so obvious that she had agreed to go along with whatever it took to try and get CMJA off. But she and the others weren't prepared to personally back up that story on the stand. That for me speaks volumes.

Don't take this as me supporting their actions. I don't. But I think that as parents Sandy and Bill gave a hell of a lot up for CMJA. They have been trashed in public for the world to see, and I think the allegations against them are as real as the paedo claims.

But see they think it was NOT the grandpa's gun and it was SOMEONE ELSE that did it, so Jodi would not know where it is, but if they can find it they think it will prove that it was NOT the gun that shot Travis and then yeah, she will be set free just like that. hahahaaaaaaa

So they agree with us. CMJA is just one ole big pathological liar. We're not that different after all. :facepalm:

This is something else I don't understand. Her mom tells the Detective that her friends would call her telling her that her daughter needed help. Mom even relates the phone calls in the wee hours begging her to get help for ja. Does mom ever indicate anywhere at any time that they got their daughter any help of any sort?

I think this is at least partially why she and the family defend JA's actions. There is probably some guilt felt by them that they didn't get her help when all the warning signs were there. If they reconciled the fact that JA acted criminally when she killed TA, then they would probably feel indirectly responsible. That's a pretty heavy burden to take on. So by accepting and defending her lies that she was acting in self defense, it alleviates their own guilty conscience. Moo

I disagree because IMO, because if they were just pretending to believe her, IMO, I don't think they would be tweeting that the Alexander family needs to apologize to Jodi. I think they prefer to believe the lies about Travis over the fact that THEY have a murderer in their family. That is hurtful to them, so in turn, they want to trash travis and try to make the Alexanders hurt like they do because they really do have a murderer in the family and that is too unbelievable to them.

Makes perfect sense for most cases. But this case is different. I mean, when...WHEN have you ever seen a case where the killer's family encourage young persons' mentor to sing the praises of the killer, using images of the minors she is supposed to be mentoring? And how often have you seen a murderer's family endorse the behaviors of people who are posting on social media sites the autopsy photos of the victim? And yucking it up, claiming THAT is what he deserved! The family may not be directly posting such disgusting info but they did not try to get them removed so to me they are just as guilty as those doing it.

I am sure no one wants to admit their family member is a cold-blooded murderer. I would not fault them for taking that stance and I would certainly believe it to be for your stated reasons--a defense mechanism. However, this family is going out of their way to further harm the victim's family when they could send a much more important message if they would bow out of that crap behavior and keep as low a profile as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV