Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember what brought it on, but sometime after the second verdict Aunt Sue was complaining that TA's family never apologized to JA's family for the "abuse" he put her through.

ETA: maybe complaining isn't the right word. Mentioned? Retorted? I don't remember the context, just what she said.

You have it.

I think Sue said Travis's family "owes my niece an apology" for what he did to her.

Most everything Sue says or does is waaaaaaaay up there on the Yikes Meter!

Obviously Jodi did not fall far from the tree....

If they are so supportive of this monster why didn't they testify for JA? I think that question can be answered easily enough by the fact that they could not withstand the cross examination. They would be forced to tell the truth or be exposed for the perjurers they were. Same reason Marc McGee didn't show up to be cross examined or his lying mother

Snipped by me.

I sat here with my mouth agape a few weeks ago as I read somewhere where Aunt Sue was complaining that Travis' family never apologized to Jodi's family for all the pain he caused (gag) and abuse (double gag) he had heaped upon her.

I love what was posted earlier about victim mentality. I think this is the poster family for that.

The quote from Sue Allen Halterman can be found here
https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Tr...776896.54624.160510210691796/731753503567461/.

I've been trying to connect with Court Chatter and keep getting an error message.
Anyone else getting that?

Wow I went on the Free Jodi page and WOW! They don't even think she did kill Travis and they don't think there was any evidence that she killed Travis and they are excited about her appeals which they are certain will get her conviction overturned. WOW! Of course George Barwood runs that site I think. At least he posts all over it. Talk about whack a doodles.

Does anyone know if videos of when Arias was representing herself, would they ever be available? Thanks.

They should be available now. It's not worth the $80 to me ($20 per day for the court video), but the days I'd like to see are 8/8/11, 8/9/11, 8/10/11 and 8/15/11 when JA was representing herself and trying to get the pedo letters into evidence. Maybe someone can suggest those dates to media/blogger people who are ordering videos?

What's this?

3/5/2015 JUL - Jury List - Restricted if Filed after 1/1/2008 - Party (001) 3/19/2015

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

It's the jury list. :)

I've been trying to connect with Court Chatter and keep getting an error message.
Anyone else getting that?

I cannot access Court Chatter on the iPad. I get the same message as you do. I go to a laptop or desktop computer and I have no problems! All are updated and newer too. Go Figure!

They should be available now. It's not worth the $80 to me ($20 per day for the court video), but the days I'd like to see are 8/8/11, 8/9/11, 8/10/11 and 8/15/11 when JA was representing herself and trying to get the pedo letters into evidence. Maybe someone can suggest those dates to media/blogger people who are ordering videos?

:) If I buy one, can I post it somewhere (legally)? Do you have a link? I'll take one for the team, but I can't do four :/

If they are so supportive of this monster why didn't they testify for JA? I think that question can be answered easily enough by the fact that they could not withstand the cross examination. They would be forced to tell the truth or be exposed for the perjurers they were. Same reason Marc McGee didn't show up to be cross examined or his lying mother

Exactly. Don't believe for one minute that the murderer's family actually believes her and thinks that Travis was abusive, a pedophile etc. They know the truth. You could tell when listening to them being interviewed by Flores. They know she is a psychopath, habitual liar etc. They are just circling the wagons but they are taking it to extremes. That's the part that makes me despise them. If they want to support her, fine. But the nasty comments directed at the family, the ribbons they wore in court etc. was too much. Disgusting!

Wow I went on the Free Jodi page and WOW! They don't even think she did kill Travis and they don't think there was any evidence that she killed Travis and they are excited about her appeals which they are certain will get her conviction overturned. WOW! Of course George Barwood runs that site I think. At least he posts all over it. Talk about whack a doodles.

you're right! "whack a doodles" is a great phase. That webber on her blog has a long post, from recently of real blabbering about the same thing. No evidence against the killer, no DNA, everything was planted, even accusing Nurmi of forcing her to tell a self-def story! Honestly it's hard to read not only because she doesn't believe ja killed Travis, but also the long, run on sentences & words that run together bringing all kinds of fantasy in.

:) If I buy one, can I post it somewhere (legally)? Do you have a link? I'll take one for the team, but I can't do four :/

The videos are public record, so you can certainly post them. There's no link, though--you have to visit/call/write the court clerk. That's why I was thinking since there are obviously people out there spending $20 per video and putting them on YouTube already, perhaps they would be interested in picking up these dates as well.

IIRC ja didn't want to use anything relating to her mental health and putting her parents or certain friends on the stand would have opened up a fabulous fountain of very ugly truth. The flip side of that is it also could have been a viable defense or at least, or a mitigating factor possibly. Do people get life without parole in a mental institution/locked ward or the mental facility arm of the prison system?

The videos are public record, so you can certainly post them. There's no link, though--you have to visit/call/write the court clerk. That's why I was thinking since there are obviously people out there spending $20 per video and putting them on YouTube already, perhaps they would be interested in picking up these dates as well.

OKie dokie, thank you for the info! :D Unfortunately, because I know me pretty well, if it's not available for me to pay for and download online, I wouldn't make it happen. Laaaaazy me :nevermind:

Exactly. Don't believe for one minute that the murderer's family actually believes her and thinks that Travis was abusive, a pedophile etc. They know the truth. You could tell when listening to them being interviewed by Flores. They know she is a psychopath, habitual liar etc. They are just circling the wagons but they are taking it to extremes. That's the part that makes me despise them. If they want to support her, fine. But the nasty comments directed at the family, the ribbons they wore in court etc. was too much. Disgusting!

Well I am not so sure that they don't believe Jodi. I think they kind of have to believe it to justify their thoughts. BUT Aunt Sue has 6 groups she is a part of on FB and one of them is Domestic Violence law and education, and another one is Injustice in Arizona and of course the Free Jodi site. Nope I have to believe that they actually believe the lies that she was in a domestic violent relationship, which is SO absurd considering the amount, or should I say lack of time, that she was actually in a relationship with Travis. That is also why she (the Aunt) thinks that the family should apologize to JA because she really believes all the lies about Travis, that he was an abuser and a pedo. Like I said, with some people you just can't fix stupid. Because the alternative to believing all the lies about Travis is the STARK reality that JODI is a killer and she killed him three different ways. No...for Aunt Sue and the family it's EASIER to believe the lies. JMHO

I believe David Lohr is getting the court videos. I can message him.

Why would the Jury List be filed now? TIA!

I believe David Lohr is getting the court videos. I can message him.

Why would the Jury List be filed now? TIA!

The jury list is always filed with the clerk after the verdict.

I don't think Killer's family believes one single aspect of any of her stories. They know her well enough that they can't possibly believe anything she says. They want money donated to her "cause" and they know that most people are not going to donate funds to appeal a murder conviction unless they believe the person to be wrongfully convicted. So, her people try to convince as many as possible that Jodi is a victim.

Their being total insensitive jerks toward the Alexanders is unexplainable, though. How does one justify something so beyond reason? Mentally ill people do stuff like that; are we to assume the whole family is mentally ill? I don't mean crazy...I mean a real, actual mental illness. Could they all suffer from one? I doubt it, to be honest. I think they are not ill at all but just plain crazy, but mostly greedy. The monetary gain they have received might continue for some time before it diminishes and finally ends. When that happens, they will become noticeably less vocal.

JMO

AZL question...can sidebar conversations be used for appeals for errors? The reason I ask is that the crazies at the JAII site seem to think when all the sidebars are released they will have MORE fodder (their words) for appeals.

Hi everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Its over 80 degrees in South Georgia today and the beautiful flowers are beginning to bloom everywhere. Spring is my favorite time of year.:)

I have a question please for anyone that knows and will answer.

In the released videos are there any where Juan wants to bring certain evidence in against Arias and JSS disallowed them stating they were too prejudicial? Or would those discussions happen in an in-chamber meeting between all parties or a closed courtroom hearing? If so do you think we will ever get to see those? AZl will there be released transcripts of what transpired in the Judge's chambers the gazillion times they were held in secret? tia

The reason I ask is because I have always believed that Juan found out many more detrimental things about the defendant than ever came to light in the courtroom.

I think this is one of the main reasons her family members refused to testify. As long as they didn't testify then they wouldn't be subjected to cross examination by Juan, the master of all cross examiners, imo. This way they can continue to keep their dark secrets a secret.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member