Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, it looked more like a child playing... airplane. Too funny!!!!

OT but have a look at Caylee's forum, ROY Kronk defamation case docs........ it should be called Dominic Casey spills the beans!

She doesn't get an automatic appeal, in the sense that her appointed counsel will have to file it instead of having the court clerk file it. She will definitely appeal, though, and the state will still pay for it.

Does the felon go to court during the appeals process? I thought I read she stay in prison. How long does the appeal process take? Is it like another trial? Thank you!

catching up...........again.
from previous thread:

mydirtysecret

I'll be honest. CBs "hard hitting" evidence in other pieces she's done..has been well... They wouldn't even hold up in civil court. Not Even sure previous evidence she's produced would even be enough as a confirmed rumor. The fact that juanstie didn't break this and instead CB did is..suspect to me. What documents?! Could be a million documents they are alluding to. I just don't trust a relationship blogger in another country where Her previous blogs were, how to say this nicely. Suspect in of themselves. I don't doubt there's hinky going on I. wonderland but I'm not sure That they have the goods on them. After i further thought about it, a hypothetical PI from the alexander camp would not give the information to cb or juanstie. Cathy from court or even jen woods, BK wouldve gotten the scoop.

until this info comes from a legit source, i unfortunately cannot believe any of it. i want to. but i dont. i dont trust articles on the examiner. universities dont either. literally anyone can sign up and just start typing stuff. there is no accountability by a 'head editor' of such and such department at such and such news organization. and the post w/ the recent message from JA has some bits of truth to it - the authors of those examiner articles DO get paid per hit....

if this had come from a reputable source with a proven track record who was working for a legit media organization, id be a little bit more than just hopeful the info is right.

sorry if this comes off as 'debbie downer'....i just chose to er on the side of caution rather than hope and dreams......even though i want what was posted in the article to be true...im holding back belief until a reputable source claims the same.

just wanted to support your thoughts in agreement.

Does the felon go to court during the appeals process? I thought I read she stay in prison. How long does the appeal process take? Is it like another trial? Thank you!

She won't be making any field trips to the appellate courts. It could take years to resolve even the direct appeal, let alone the post-conviction proceeding and habeas corpus proceeding.

The direct appeal is not like a trial--no new evidence or witnesses are permitted. The court looks only at the record of the case (transcripts and exhibits from the trial).

OT but have a look at Caylee's forum, ROY Kronk defamation case docs........ it should be called Dominic Casey spills the beans!

Thank you. I still read that forum, but haven't posted in it since the baby slayer ^#@*$ got a get out of jail free card. It just breaks my heart still to this day. I had thought about changing my user name, but just can't just yet.

She won't be making any field trips to the appellate courts. It could take years to resolve even the direct appeal, let alone the post-conviction proceeding and habeas corpus proceeding.

The direct appeal is not like a trial--no new evidence or witnesses are permitted. The court looks only at the record of the case (transcripts and exhibits from the trial).

I wonder if JA knows this. I bet she thinks she will get to have field trips and all the other stuff like she did in this trial. Hahaha this makes me happy.

Does anyone know if JA is likely to be transfered to a California prison closer to her family?

Mindmatters - The post that summed up the trial. BBM & IMO -
"I do not have to be a lawyer (hell even the deaf, dumb and blind could see what was happening in that courtroom every time Juan cross examined the witnesses) to understand that there was nothing fair, impartial or just about the way the Judge, who at best was negligent in her duties or at worst was culpable in what was clearly happening. And it is absolutely indisputable that it was the Judge who, both directly and directly, allowed the DT's witnesses to create an atmosphere of out of control disrespect and chaos--"

If I may add, the SIDEBARS! I think she only refused ONE in both trials! Too many!

Does anyone know if JA is likely to be transfered to a California prison closer to her family?

NO! It would be up to the receiving state to accept and familial ties aren't enough reason given that California is BROKE id say no way under ICC it'll be approved

I am absolutely on the edge awaiting Sheriff Joe's 2 binders on Jodith. Is that bad? LOL

That was 2 weeks ago: I'll bet the 2 binders are now 4, and they'll be another 2 by the weekend. Go.......Sheriff!

I brought it up b/c I think JA went to that PPL conference just to meet/"run into" TA... I think she heard about him, etc... And he became her target...

I mentioned it when someone posted that they thought that Troy could be her next target...

I agree: I think JA researched targets before the convention and picked Travis. I'll bet she had his SM all scoped out and had seen his motivational videos. In general she had targeted PPL hotshots. In fact, that's how she met Abe, IIRC: she had conned her way into the executive seating at a conference where Abe was in attendance.

That was 2 weeks ago: I'll bet the 2 binders are now 4, and they'll be another 2 by the weekend. Go.......Sheriff!

Excellent point. Maybe have to read backwards for the really, really good stuff LOL
Off to watch more Breaking Bad. TTYL or tomorrow all.

Was the "send cash" tweet a joke? I ask because it isn't linked to a source. Weird nobody even asked where it came from in the comments. One did ask if this was being 'looked at' or something along that line, to which Christine responds that " eyes are on it" . Okay, well yeah, namely everybody reading her Twitter feed at that moment. So that's true but clearly not what was implied. It would just be nice to have some ability to not just take her word on everything. If "they" posted a plea for cash on the internet that , at least, could be linked. Did I miss it?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2
I thought it was posted on the JAII site, for her fans

OTOH I do believe that JSS will go for door #2 LWP and I will be shocked if she doesn't.

I do thank you kindly for your insight and answer. In fact, thank you kindly for all of your posts on here. I enjoy reading them. :)

I think, even if that had been a possibility before, events and media coverage will force her hand. It would be career suicide not to mention her personal life. The vast majority of people who pay any attention and have the power to vote in Az see through Jodi and want her to pay for killing Travis and wasting 3+ million $$ of their money. I just don't see her sentencing Jodi to any less than LWOP.

I wonder if JA knows this. I bet she thinks she will get to have field trips and all the other stuff like she did in this trial. Hahaha this makes me happy.

Puts a smile on my face too michelle. But when she does find out that her appeals don't net her any outings I wouldn't be at all surprised if her memory conveniently starts coming back, you know..."bits and pieces" and all...about where the murder weapons are so she can take law enforcement on a wild goose chase that gets her outside those prison walls.

Error can be found in either phase, but in this case nothing happened to JA as a result of the sentencing phase, so errors in that phase won't be considered on appeal or in her post-conviction relief proceeding.

Perhaps while I was away I missed it but have you divulged what you mentioned a few weeks ago about how the defense could have gotten a mistrial or saved JA from the DP? I was quite interested in what strategy you envisioned.

No obvious restraints, i.e., shackles and the like. But according to the "I want to walk to the witness stand" drama that played out in the retrial, by law the murderer is required to be in restraints when in the courtroom.

I'm curious about this too. In the first trial, she wore a waist/thigh zapper. After she was convicted of first degree murder, there was waaaay more jangle in her chains and she was under heavy guard with over-the-top cop-swagger. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2AywFspWqo Better still, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0BmKX6nlk Notice who's smirking now! Bwahahaha!

In the retrial, was she wearing shackles the whole time, or was she wearing a zapper? Was there concern the zapper would show?

The footage of the June 2013 hearing gives me hope that Jodi will be in stripes and chains for the sentencing event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela