Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I've wondered if the few times she has rolled her eyes or shaken her head, that Juan really got to her .

At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I've always thought JM's closing arguments were masterful in that he (1) absolutely laid out a case for premeditated murder and (2) absolutely stuck it to CMJA in front of the world.

First, nothing I’m about to say condones the family’s stupid ‘demands’ for an apology from the Alexanders; nor does it forgive JA’s clan for other callous behaviors.

It’s apparent from the police interviews with JA’s Mom and Dad, that both of JA’s parents knew something was seriously ‘off’ with their daughter. Upon learning about TA’s murder, Mom confronted JA about traveling to AZ (to which – IIRC -- JA answered, no; and I have the receipts to prove it). Dad thought TA ‘was supposed to marry her’ (JA).

They were clueless. What they knew of TA and the alleged TA/JA relationship was based on JA’s lies.

And I felt for them as I watched these early interviews. We later learned that G-pa argued with the arresting officers … went to JA’s employer to gather JA’s time cards, to prove JA COULDN’T have been in Mesa during the murder … then discovered ANOTHER JA lie. I cried when I read that.

My point is: JA’s family – and EXTENDED family -- lives in a rural, small town.

The entire family is known in the community. If JA’s actions can’t be -- on some level -- justified, the impact to JA’s immediate and extended family goes well beyond embarrassment. To admit one’s daughter/sister/niece/cousin is a cold-blooded murderer? Embarrassment is the LEAST of it.

Try ostracism.

IMO, JA’s family also retains a shred of (baseless) hope that ‘someway, someday’ JA will get a new trial where she’ll present “fresh” evidence of DV. Not. Ever. Gonna. Happen. But, in the meantime, JA’s family is charged (by the Manipulator) to keep up appearances.

As to the nut-jobs who STILL think JA’s bloody hands are virginally clean? I sincerely hope none of them are my neighbors.

BBM I thought her grandfather's actions in trying to defend CMJA are one of the more heartbreaking parts of the story. Very sad indeed. As a daughter myself, I would also be extremely heartbroken to rob my mother of taking care of my father during his illness, which is just one more example of CMJA's abuse of her own family....

A montage of her contradicting herself in a side-by-side presentation. Could be verbal testimony, written letters, "journal" entries, voice mails, interviews. She has contradicted herself so many times and over such a long period, it's hard to remember them all. I'd like to see a Column A vs Column B thing. Yep. Keep it clear in everyone's minds.

SprayCanAnn did just that. She compiled a bunch of video montages, showing examples of where, during the course of JA's testimony, she contradicts herself over and over again. If you haven't seen them, prepare to be blown away (once again) by what a facile liar JA is. Here's the first of several. She has entitled the series, "Destroying Jodi Arias."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDBFaGy4aQ

BBM I thought her grandfather's actions in trying to defend CMJA are one of the more heartbreaking parts of the story. Very sad indeed. As a daughter myself, I would also be extremely heartbroken to rob my mother of taking care of my father during his illness, which is just one more example of CMJA's abuse of her own family....

BBM. Yes. Yes, yes, yes. And, let's not forget, JA's 'defender' G-pa (JA's Mom's Dad) died in the midst of this, too.

... In the meantime, JA has been 1) running an art-sale site; 2) soliciting 'donations' to a trust fund; and -- my take -- 3) probably making more money than she EVER has in her entire rotten life.

(BTW: #1 and #2? These are facts; nothing to do with the Juan's Tie stuff. #3 ... IMO. IMO.)

SprayCanAnn did just that. She compiled a bunch of video montages, showing examples of where, through JA's testimony, she contradicts herself over and over again. If you haven't seen them, prepare to be blown away (once again) by what a facile liar JA is. Here's the first of several, which she has entitled, "Destroying Jodi Arias."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDBFaGy4aQ

YIPPEE! Thank you - I had no idea!

I agree Troy looks at Jodi through rose-colored lenses. I think he may do a good part of that for ratings for his network. IIRC, he is with FOX. If so, I understand how the whole truth might not be allowed. If he's not with Fox, though, I think he has less of an excuse. It's almost like he tries to report the opposite of what is, sometimes. I mean, her hands being tiny? Not so, by any stretch of the imagination.

I sometimes wonder what makes him tick. Maybe to keep his job he has to kowtow to his bosses. Who knows, really. I do give him a great deal of credit for showing the killer in jail stripes in that interview after her guilty verdict, after promising her he wouldn't. I thought that was just plain great!

Actually, I think Troy knows how to handle her, and she evidently can't manipulate him. That may make her want him on her side even more. He seems to turn her intended manipulations into a win for himself (or his channel). I'll bet she has the hots for him and makes up excuses for him to make contact, just the way she did with Travis. He not only got her in stripes after the guilty verdict, he got her in stripes after the mistrial this time around.

The one area JA has Troy manipulated is that he keeps her in the conversation. If he'd stop talking about her, she would have no use for him (except for the hots part).

No stealth juror for Joyce Garrard in AL. GUILTY, capital murder. Jury deliberated a little over 3 hours.

Don't know if anyone reads on JAII site, but SG has posted a copy of CMJA letter to JSS asking to have Nurmi removed.

Don't know if anyone reads on JAII site, but SG has posted a copy of CMJA letter to JSS asking to have Nurmi removed.

I haven't read the letter, I read part of that diatribe on the front page and laughed out loud. I wonder who wrote that.

Since the Alexanders get to address JA one last time, I hope they talk to a shrink and find out every button to push to send her over the edge. You could see Juan's mastery in cross, his jumping around to keep her off balance. Let the Alexanders learn every trick to bring her down.

You mean by not acknowledging JA at all(not speak her name, whether as JA, defendant, 3HW, or anything else and refuse to look anywhere in her direction)? Instead only speak to how the loss of TA and the added trauma of the last seven years of hearing him vilified, even though he was the victim in this vicious murder, has impacted their lives and how they hope that this horrible experience will help to show how the legal system needs tweeking to protect victims from this kind of unsubstantiated slander?

You mean by not acknowledging JA at all(not speak her name, whether as JA, defendant, 3HW, or anything else and refuse to look anywhere in her direction)? Instead only speak to how the loss of TA and the added trauma of the last seven years of hearing him vilified, even though he was the victim in this vicious murder, has impacted their lives and how they hope that this horrible experience will help to show how the legal system needs tweeking to protect victims from this kind of unsubstantiated slander?

Sounds like a great plan. If they shout at her or tell her they hope she burns in Hell...that will just make her day. To be noticed and the center of attention--even negative attention--is what Jodi Arias relishes. When people stop doing that, she will finally come to realize where she is and how she got there. And that she isn't special.

Not to lessen your assertion that the system is broken and every opportunity a victim has to bring that to the public's attention should be embraced.

Exactly. Don't believe for one minute that the murderer's family actually believes her and thinks that Travis was abusive, a pedophile etc. They know the truth. You could tell when listening to them being interviewed by Flores. They know she is a psychopath, habitual liar etc. They are just circling the wagons but they are taking it to extremes. That's the part that makes me despise them. If they want to support her, fine. But the nasty comments directed at the family, the ribbons they wore in court etc. was too much. Disgusting!

I think they are opportunists, writ large. It's business. It's about $$$ and competition/winning. Trashing your competitor goes with the territory.

Also, in retrospect, her mother hinted at mental illness in her first interviews, soliciting excuses for what she knew her daughter did. She was already planting the seeds of 'innocence'.

It's all about the marketing.

Actually, I think Troy knows how to handle her, and she evidently can't manipulate him. That may make her want him on her side even more. He seems to turn her intended manipulations into a win for himself (or his channel). I'll bet she has the hots for him and makes up excuses for him to make contact, just the way she did with Travis. He not only got her in stripes after the guilty verdict, he got her in stripes after the mistrial this time around.

The one area JA has Troy manipulated is that he keeps her in the conversation. If he'd stop talking about her, she would have no use for him (except for the hots part).

Well, now you have me wondering if Arias insisted that Troy report that she has tiny hands. We know it isn't true and we have posted often enough about her big hands. Maybe she didn't like those comments and demanded he say something on the record to set us straight.

Yeah, right. We have eyes; we can see exactly how huge and hideous her murdering hands are!

He will know how to handle her or maybe not if he is like her or if he knows how psychopaths operate. Experts, like Dr Hare, admit that they have been manipulated by psychopaths. IMO, what chance does TH have?

I think you are correct in saying that the only way to win with psychos is to disengage. I don't think that is going to happen with a newshound any time soon. People like him need to be educated unless he thrives on the drama. For Travis' murderer, he is a sucker.

I haven't read the letter, I read part of that diatribe on the front page and laughed out loud. I wonder who wrote that.
Go to mikee daniels on youtube. He reads the letter and adds a few lines of his own. Its funny.

He will know how to handle her or maybe not if he is like her or if he knows how psychopaths operate. Experts, like Dr Hare, admit that they have been manipulated by psychopaths. IMO, what chance does TH have?

I think you are correct in saying that the only way to win with psychos is to disengage. I don't think that is going to happen with a newshound any time soon. People like him need to be educated unless he thrives on the drama. For Travis' murderer, he is a sucker.

TH actually is uncomplimentary when he spoke about her several times. He says she tried to manipulate him and he says there's definitely something wrong with her in the head. I don't believe he's been taken in by her at all. I also think he has no need to antagonize her if he wants more info from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member